Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

I’ll try to submit it up as soon as I can. I apologise as I just started university and I am trying to juggle between playing this game and adjusting to uni life! 😕 

On 25/09/2018 at 10:22, chewkaiwen said:

I’ll try to submit it up as soon as I can. I apologise as I just started university and I am trying to juggle between playing this game and adjusting to uni life! 😕 

Looks like you made your choice!! 😄 Don't forget uni though!

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Looks like you made your choice!! 😄 Don't forget uni though!

Had a free day yesterday so I've managed to finish up my save!

Next week shouldn't be a problem either, thankfully its ending so I don't have to reach that phase where the workload gets heavy! :D 

Damilare v chewkaiwen - Semi Final Results

Time to see who will be facing @Foxy in the final.

Damilare was the first to submit out of the pair and struggled to match what he’s achieved the last two rounds, in fact both managers did as neither won the league. Damilare finished 3rd with Porto with 73 points and a GD of 31.

That gives him 104 points at the halfway stage. 3 points added for each clean sheet and he managed to secure 16 of those finishing with a total of 152.

Score To Beat - 152

Chewy also struggled and failed to win the league finishing 4th with Porto, who both managers chose to manage in this challenge. 59 league points and just a 17 GD puts him at a disadvantage going into the bonus points with a current total of 76. That means he needs a difficult, but achievable total of 26 clean sheets to take the place in the final.

Clean Sheets - 10

Total - 106

Unfortunately Chewy falls quite a way short here and it’s @Damilare who takes the place in the CC final!

Results (Note Foxy only played half the season)

ManLikeRobbieBrady 0-95 Foxy

Damilare 152-106 chewkaiwen

Challenge Cup XII final:

Foxy v Damilare

Good job @Damilare! All the best to both finalists!

Should be a cracking one and will be following it with quite a bit of interest!

Messed up the first part of the season unfortunately and almost got sacked, and could not recover from that...

Edited by chewkaiwen

Challenge Cup XII - The Final

Averaging Out - With a Twist...

Welcome to the final challenge of this CC and for this challenge it has been decided by me and @Ashez that we are going to use a re-mastered version of a previous CC final - The dreaded Averaging Out challenge...

Let's run through the general rules of what will be happening first.

• Your team has very kindly been selected for you. You'll be travelling to Spain again to take charge of Sevilla.
  • You must start the season with a squad of 30 players. This squad must be built by the time the first league game arrives. No transfers are allowed after that. More on this in a bit.
  • Keep an eye on the average ratings of your players. On the 1st of each month, you must demote the two players with the highest average rating. These can never be used again, unless they apply to the next rule.
  • When you enter January you may promote two players of your choice that have previously been demoted in accordance to the challenge rules.

By my calculations you will end the season with 14 players so best hope there's not many injuries.

But what are the squad restrictions, I hear you ask?

Three main things to cover here.

• You may choose any nationality. Whichever nationality you choose, your whole squad (27/30) will need to be made up of players from this nation.
  • The whole squad (27/30) also need to be 21 years old or younger, before the first league game.
  • You may also choose 3 wildcards, these cannot be of your chosen nationality but can be bought or already at the club.

Example

I choose Ben Yedder, Mesa and Banega as my wildcards. This means I can't select France, Spain or Argentina as my nation. So I choose Brazil and fill the rest of the squad up with 27 Brazilians 21 years or younger.

• League points
  • Goal difference
  • 3 points for every cup round passed. Domestic + European

No bonus points in this challenge.

Deadline - Friday 5th October 4PM BST

Good luck to both finalists.

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Any SI approved database to be used.
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after eachchallenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Please use the same PM thread as the last round in order to save space.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Squad on the date of the first league match
  • Proof of your 2 definitions each month
  • Transfers page
  • Manager profile + history
  • Final squad list in order of appearances
  • League table
  • Round of cup exits

This is one of the hardest challenge combinations I've ever seen! A limited complete squad rebuild using kids, followed by a challenge that's a lot harder than it appears. I love the fact it's also pretty open with plenty of options and approaches possible. This should be fascinating. 

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Challenge Cup XII - The Final

Averaging Out - With a Twist...

Welcome to the final challenge of this CC and for this challenge it has been decided by me and @Ashez that we are going to use a re-mastered version of a previous CC final - The dreaded Averaging Out challenge...

Let's run through the general rules of what will be happening first.

• Your team has very kindly been selected for you. You'll be travelling to Spain again to take charge of Sevilla.
  • You must start the season with a squad of 30 players. This squad must be built by the time the first league game arrives. No transfers are allowed after that. More on this in a bit.
  • Keep an eye on the average ratings of your players. On the 1st of each month, you must demote the two players with the highest average rating. These can never be used again, unless they apply to the next rule.
  • When you enter January you may promote two players of your choice that have previously been demoted in accordance to the challenge rules.

By my calculations you will end the season with 14 players so best hope there's not many injuries.

But what are the squad restrictions, I hear you ask?

Three main things to cover here.

• You may choose any nationality. Whichever nationality you choose, your whole squad (27/30) will need to be made up of players from this nation.
  • The whole squad (27/30) also need to be 21 years old or younger, before the first league game.
  • You may also choose 3 wildcards, these cannot be of your chosen nationality but can be bought or already at the club.

Example

I choose Ben Yedder, Mesa and Banega as my wildcards. This means I can't select France, Spain or Argentina as my nation. So I choose Brazil and fill the rest of the squad up with 27 Brazilians 21 years or younger.

• League points
  • Goal difference
  • 3 points for every cup round passed. Domestic + European

No bonus points in this challenge.

Deadline - Friday 5th October 4PM BST

Good luck to both finalists.

Rules and screenshots required

Hide contents
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Any SI approved database to be used.
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after eachchallenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Please use the same PM thread as the last round in order to save space.
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Squad on the date of the first league match
  • Proof of your 2 definitions each month
  • Transfers page
  • Manager profile + history
  • Final squad list in order of appearances
  • League table
  • Round of cup exits

🍵🍵🍵

On 29/09/2018 at 04:52, Damilare said:

Pls Can I keep the second 8.0 and demote the first one?_20180929_044731.JPG.d3608c4b1bc44821a1673c88fb8dc1b3.JPG

Yes if two players have the same Av.R you can choose which one gets demoted. Not really any other way to do it.