Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

challenge.jpg.ea84cc71521c8a866f779a5be3f17697.jpg

Hello all, and welcome to round one of the latest edition of the Challenge Cup!

Now, this round is here to separate the Tony Adams and Gary Nevilles from the Sir Alex Fergusons and the Jose Mourinhos of the game.

We will get rid of the duds, and be left with the cream of the crop...

adams.jpg.2e36001f407c6d0c0edff6858c43a253.jpg

(Unconfirmed rumours are surrounding the internet that Ashez has declined to participate in fear of being embarrassed...)

Anyway, let’s get down to business!

So - with me being from Scotland, it won’t take a genius to work out where I am taking this first challenge... SCOTLAND.

Plenty of people on here will know little about Scottish football, and probably only know the best teams such as Kilmarnock (I am totally not lying and only putting the team I support here, I swear...), Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen.

clarke.thumb.jpg.e09d86caabe83291e91be3c3a7690b11.jpg

But there is teams much lower down the food chain, teams like Edinburgh City, Montrose, Clyde... and many more you probably haven’t even heard of!

Anyway, this challenge is here to squeeze out the pretenders.

The only amateur team in Scotland (and probably the UK) playing professional football are Queen’s Park - who ply their trade in League One (League Two now, but as this is from last season they are a league above).

qp.jpg.ee471776bce6fcbcef8abc286f3c63ab.jpg

SO we are getting rid of the amateur FMM players by sending you here!

Fun fact - Queen’s Park incredibly play at Hampden Park, which is Scotland’s national stadium and holds over 52,000.

That might not sound too different... but when Queen’s Park have a home game they struggle to pull in a crowd over 300!

hamp.jpg.b0f422a33913480386567180c5e270b0.jpg

So... here we go! You’re playing with the cheapest of the cheap team.

Easy right? WRONG.

As Queen’s Park are amateurs, they aren’t allowed to pay a wage to their players.

Of course in FMM, it’s impossible to do this - so there’s some scope for wage in this challenge.

You will be allowed to sign players, but only free agents on wages no more than £250 per week. Players already at the club who have a wage above £250 can stay at the club.

Big shoutout to Ashez, this challenge is based off an old one he done a few years back!

Scoring system:

So this one isn't going to be too complicated, don't worry.

Your overall tally will be your league points total, plus (or minus!) your goal difference. We will then add one point for every cup round you get through. BONUS points: You should select a striker to choose as your 'main' striker. You will be awarded one point for every goal your striker scores, and two points for every assist he notches! That leaves it up to you how you proceed and what you choose to focus on!

League Points +/- GD, 1 point for each cup round passed, 1 point for striker goal and 2 points for striker assist.

The striker can either be one from the club, or one who you sign (so long as he doesn't exceed the £250p/w wage cap!)

If you come 2nd, 3rd or 4th you are then put into a semi-final of the play-offs for promotion.

So for that: Each round of play-offs won is 1 pt (so if you win play-offs it’s 2 points) then we can add/minus your play-off goal difference.

Now.... on to the boring bit!

RULES

• To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • Screenshots for this challenge include: League position, final round of each cup, transfers, striker profile, manager history (and anything else you fancy sending)
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and anfieldsquirrel included in it.
  • DEADLINE: 11.59pm MONDAY, AUGUST 27!
  • Have fun!
Edited by anfieldsquirrel
2 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Now, this round is here to separate the Tony Adams and Gary Nevilles from the Sir Alex Fergusons and the Jose Mourinhos of the game.

(Unconfirmed rumours are surrounding the internet that Ashez has declined to participate in fear of being embarrassed...)

So - with me being from Scotland, it won’t take a genius to work out where I am taking this first challenge... SCOTLAND.

Plenty of people on here will know little about Scottish football, and probably only know the best teams such as Kilmarnock (I am totally not lying and only putting the team I support here, I swear...), Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen.

But there is teams much lower down the food chain, teams like Edinburgh City, Montrose, Clyde... and many more you probably haven’t even heard of!

The only amateur team in Scotland (and probably the UK) playing professional football are Queen’s Park - who ply their trade in League One (League Two now, but as this is from last season they are a league above).

Fun fact - Queen’s Park incredibly play at Hampden Park, which is Scotland’s national stadium and holds over 52,000.

That might not sound too different... but when Queen’s Park have a home game they struggle to pull in a crowd over 300!

Easy right? WRONG.

As Queen’s Park are amateurs, they aren’t allowed to pay a wage to their players.

Of course in FMM, it’s impossible to do this - so there’s some scope for wage in this challenge.

You will be allowed to sign players, but only free agents on wages no more than £250 per week.

Big shoutout to Ashez, this challenge is based off an old one he done a few years back!

Scoring system:

Your overall tally will be your league points total, plus (or minus!) your goal difference. We will then add one point for every cup round you get through. BONUS points: You should select a striker to choose as your 'main' striker. You will be awarded one point for every goal your striker scores, and two points for every assist he notches! That leaves it up to you how you proceed and what you choose to focus on!

The striker can either be one from the club, or one who you sign (so long as he doesn't exceed the £250p/w wage cap!)

RULES

• To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • Screenshots for this challenge include: League position, final round of each cup, transfers, striker profile, manager history (and anything else you fancy sending)
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • Own tactics only.
  • Send your results via PM with both samhardy and anfieldsquirrel included in it.
  • Have fun!

Cracking challenge mate, now to get going and make my debut eventful

Which database to use?? Nov 17 or Feb 18??

They are in SkyBet Championship in both the databases though, so should not be a problem.

Also, starting reputation will be unknown or local??

Also, the wages should be 250k or 250??

Edited by Kanegan
13 minutes ago, Titjes said:

1) What database to use?

2) Players already at the club can have a wage higher then the 250? (no idea if there are any, just asking to be sure)

Question 2. There are. I had just logged on to ask the same question! 

32 minutes ago, Titjes said:

1) What database to use?

2) Players already at the club can have a wage higher then the 250? (no idea if there are any, just asking to be sure)

18 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Question 2. There are. I had just logged on to ask the same question! 

He doesn’t actively tell you to sell players with wages higher than 250 so I’d assume you’ll be allowed to keep them. It’s just the signings that have to be under the threshold. Don’t quote me on it though! 😂

Yep, @Nucleus is correct. You don't have to sell anyone, but all your signings and your chosen striker have to be £250 or less.

You can use any database.

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

They are in SkyBet Championship in both the databases though, so should not be a problem.

It's not Queens Park Rangers.

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

😂😂😂 awww.

2 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Easy right? WRONG.

You will be allowed to sign players, but only free agents on wages no more than £250 per week. Players already at the club who have a safe above £250 can stay at the club.

Scoring system:

League Points +/- GD, 1 point for each cup round passed, 1 point for striker goal and 2 points for striker assist.

RULES

• Own tactics only.
  • DEADLINE: 11.59pm MONDAY, AUGUST 27!
  • Have fun!

Oh yesss....this sounds brilliant. 

Cant wait get started well done @samhardy & @anfieldsquirrel

20 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Good luck everyone!

💀💀💀

Sorry, that's epic fail.

Anyway better late than never.

Here are my predictions for the qualifying round.

1. @Rob2017 I can't see anyone other than Olympic champion Rob winning qualifying this year.
  2. @chewkaiwen There's been enough through the course of the year to suggest Chewy can be a surprise package here.
  3. @Woody Woody will qualify comfortably and be in the top seed from qualifying and the second overall.
  4. @Damilare After reaching the Quarter-Finals last year he clearly knows what he's doing in these tournaments.
  5. @Titjes Got a lot of experience this year and should go through safely enough.
  6. @anfieldsquirrel Meh, terrible player but it's in Scotland so should do ok. Host country never fails to qualify ;)
  7. @Rocket Did well in qualifying last year so should go through here. Scottish advantage like AS.
  8. @ManLikeRobbieBrady I have a feeling MLRB will get the final qualifying place, like Chewy I've seen enough this year to be confident in this.
  9. @GrtepZ This will be a close one as I feel the odds incident may rile him but I'm going for a very narrow deficit between qualifying and not.
  10. @scratch99 Simply because I'm due a response to all these Sunderland jibes over the last year :P
  11. @Vishnu Again I think it'll be close but I'm going with the people with experience in these events over those who haven't.
  12. @laurie_king This could be my poorest prediction as he's been on vibe for a while so I could be proven wrong here.
  13. @Kanegan What can I say, thought he was using QPR doesn't bode well :P
  14. @Dave994 Not seen much from Dave so nothing really to base this on but sure he'll be confident enough about qualifying.
  15. @DorMouse PrD Exactly the same as above.
28 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Here are my predictions for the qualifying round.

1. @Kanegan What can I say, thought he was using QPR doesn't bode well :P

Having never played Scotland, this was an honest mistake but no detractors can stop me from taking pole position on debut😝

4 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Having never played Scotland, this was an honest mistake but no detractors can stop me from taking pole position on debut😝

Fighting talk! I like it 😁 let’s hope you can back it up 😉