• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob’s Strikerless Bonanza

Rob

21 minutes ago, PriZe said:

You’ve got this! Fmm god👌🏻😂

What @PriZe said. 

Anotjer great season mate, I know it’s hard grinding these out after so many seasons but it will be worth it! 

53 minutes ago, Woody said:

IMO no one on here comes close to you with strikerless challenges.

I envy you mate...bloody awesome. 😃

Probably because no one else has bothered with them that much! 

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

Probably because no one else has bothered with them that much! 

I think you have set the bar so high no one will want to attempt it! You are the king of strikerless that’s for sure! 

So, could we at least achieve a Strikerless Triple threat?  

Well this season was quite a success at club level:

5E9F38F9-8CB8-406E-81C2-1FC3F1390B0F.thumb.png.ed377583d42c8d8bba390384c53074ee.png

It just felt better. The team resonated solidity. Our transfers have been building the last few seasons towards getting the next gen in place, so I let Alli, Sule, and Henrichs leave. 

F3A6E25A-5935-4C2E-8B4C-A68FC5DE6963.thumb.png.30d0080aec8065434187f62b9d4fec84.png

We had a few injuries this season which meant we didn’t get as many games for the main boys, but they still contributed. Asensio is just ridiculous. 

7C1DCAF6-389D-4513-B74A-F9A27172E055.thumb.png.d57a23f767ddbcd2046174aff0d3e5f0.png

The guy is 34! 

E133C937-DAFB-4720-B268-CF9FAC16B567.thumb.png.a9e20e14914ade262eea3b3ebac36f1f.png

Anyone who has read my previous post knows we were single digits away from a TT, which we have now managed to achieve. Woooooha!

A2A536BC-070B-4B64-A53A-1186DC138AAD.jpeg.3c4309164890ae4d704a2e9c046e944d.jpeg

And we are now 14 goals away from an Asensio/Lemar DT (with Coman not far behind!).

Asensio now has 767 goals and, like I said above, is 34. His contract is for another 3 years and he won’t be talked out of retiring which is frustrating as we could have gotten close to 1kc. 😥

Well done on the TT and the DT (in advance).

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

His contract is for another 3 years and he won’t be talked out of retiring which is frustrating as we could have gotten close to 1kc.

Just keep trying and if he is still playing well nearer the end of his contract he may well reconsider, that's what I found with Goretzka and Amiri anyway. 

9 hours ago, Foxy said:

Well done on the TT and the DT (in advance).

Just keep trying and if he is still playing well nearer the end of his contract he may well reconsider, that's what I found with Goretzka and Amiri anyway. 

Thanks mate.

Did you get the ‘flattered but will retire’ statement?

4 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Thanks mate.

Did you get the ‘flattered but will retire’ statement?

No I didn't every time I asked they agreed to reconsider but I tended to wait until towards the end of the season and near the end of there contract. Only problem I had was with Amiri refusing twice to sign a new deal and leaving the club.

Jiggily wiggly, another one done and dusted.

WE HAVE A STRIKERLESS DOUBLE TROUBLE!!! WOOHA!

1EAAB8AE-503E-4B95-A1DE-DC3B83837976.thumb.png.f72a3b1d4ab4a2a9f1abd8ed0773f13c.png

The front three are all 35 now and have two seasons left on their contracts following this season and therefore have a bit of a decrease in their numbers.

94321C82-1FA3-4D21-A1DA-F1C2D853B696.thumb.png.3198b17722273cfcdf686799df3190e9.png

I purchased some young ones again.

202CB257-1D9E-4437-9DA7-9782230ABC90.thumb.png.17e4886709757fdf7fb4d3c58558c321.png

Asensio still managed to get more than a goal a game. Coman kept up his assists.

95BAF401-F012-468C-A9D3-F3D8B1EE4D19.jpeg.3f7c501473ef4af85cee5bb24df38dc9.jpeg

So two more seasons to go. Triple Threat and Double Trouble completed. Asensio won’t get 1kc, but I want to get above 900 which may be hard as he is deteriorating a bit and having to get subbed earlier. I also want to get towards 600 for Coman’s assists.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Well done fella :)

Next stop the TT and I'm not giving up hope that Acensio might have a change of heart and try for that 1k.

Thanks. TT is already done - in fact, i think you already complimented that! 

Asensio won’t sign and I kinda want them to all retire together. It’s a weird symmetry thing. I expect I will try a 1kc attempt with someone younger at some point. Has anyone ever done a Strikerless 1kc on here? 

added 0 minutes later
1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Nicely done as usual mate 👍🏻

Cheers mate.

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Thanks. TT is already done - in fact, i think you already complimented that! 

Yeah I have! My brain is fried from that CC challenge 😟

6 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Has anyone ever done a Strikerless 1kc on here? 

Not that I know of but @Ashez would probably know.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Yeah I have! My brain is fried from that CC challenge 😟

Not that I know of but @Ashez would probably know.

Haha, that challenge is kinda like FMM intoxication! 

Firstly I need to apologise to @Rob2017 as this is a career I fell behind in fast and I've been meaning to catch up, hence why I've not commented. So I've not looked at any info as I don't want to spoil it but as I've been tagged I had to respond lol. It's now on the top of my to catch up on list though!

As for a strikerless 1kc I'm assuming you're on about a 1kc from the AMC line. No-one has achieved this feat as yet but I've been trying since 2014 or 15 with no real luck. I've had potential starts and seasons but never the consistency of hitting at least 70 a season. I actually made huge progress tactic wise around the release of 2018 but my attempt ran into issues, annoyingly if Brazil was available I'm 100% sure I'd have smashed it this year. Then the January update broke my tactic and I've not revisited the concept as yet. I'm not 100% convinced it's possible but it's in reach enough I've never shaken the temptation to try. 

Well done mate this is great m, I knew you would smash this! So close but yet so far for that 1kc, it’s on touching distance too, if only he would extend his contract! But two seasons for 179 goals is to huge to ask. 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'm not 100% convinced it's possible but it's in reach enough I've never shaken the temptation to try. 

The challenge is set and it’s your destiny to prove it’s possible! 😜

I’m going to probably give this another go with a younger player some time, focussing purely on a 1kc, now I’m set on my tactic. If you guys could pick a league to attempt it in, which would you pick? 

Just now, Rob2017 said:

I’m going to probably give this another go with a younger player some time, focussing purely on a 1kc, now I’m set on my tactic. If you guys could pick a league to attempt it in, which would you pick? 

Well easiest leagues are Scotland, Holland and Portugal but depends if you can keep your player there for the entirety of the career. I’ve always liked Scotland for a goalscoring challenge 😝

34 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Well easiest leagues are Scotland, Holland and Portugal but depends if you can keep your player there for the entirety of the career. I’ve always liked Scotland for a goalscoring challenge 😝

This would be the easy way to do it or you could choose the English Prem to make the challenge a little more difficult 

4 minutes ago, PilgrimAsh said:

This would be the easy way to do it or you could choose the English Prem to make the challenge a little more difficult 

Doing a strikerless 1k is unheard of itself so I’d go for a weak league to give myself some hope to be honest 😂 difficult enough doing a normal 1k in the premier league

25 minutes ago, PilgrimAsh said:

I don’t want to make it harder! It’s a Strikerless 1kc!!!?

29 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Doing a strikerless 1k is unheard of itself so I’d go for a weak league to give myself some hope to be honest 😂 difficult enough doing a normal 1k in the premier league

8 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I don’t want to make it harder! It’s a Strikerless 1kc!!!?

😂 I know but it would make it that little bit more impressive! 

@Rob2017 Mate you are killing it even though they are getting older. If you focus on 1 player in a Strikerless 1kc, you're almost certain to crack it. Go for it mate! Only 6 or 7 weeks to do it in though!

On 13/09/2018 at 17:39, Nucleus said:

Well easiest leagues are Scotland, Holland and Portugal but depends if you can keep your player there for the entirety of the career. I’ve always liked Scotland for a goalscoring challenge

Yeah Scotland is great. And I never had a problem keeping players at Celtic (in 2017 admittedly) as long as I won the Champions League a few times. That really improves the reputation of the club and the league...

12 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

@Rob2017 Mate you are killing it even though they are getting older. If you focus on 1 player in a Strikerless 1kc, you're almost certain to crack it. Go for it mate! Only 6 or 7 weeks to do it in though!

Yeah Scotland is great. And I never had a problem keeping players at Celtic (in 2017 admittedly) as long as I won the Champions League a few times. That really improves the reputation of the club and the league...

Thanks mate. I just now have to find someone who will sign for Celtic and is young enough.

I may just wait 6-7 weeks until the next one then! 😭

One more Season in the can. One more to go. I’ve become a bit disheartened since Asensio has decided to retire at the end of his so my enthusiasm has waned. I did toy with reloading every game that Asensio didn’t score (💪) but chose not to. 😭

My transfers were basically short term signings knowing we don’t have many more seasons.

3631AB4D-9B91-416E-A40A-A9980F43C25A.thumb.png.263301069576e232d6cf646e9860aff1.png

E4DC99D7-50E6-4929-B282-352622DFEF43.thumb.png.e2dbc01c5d816793b24e46d0808bcaac.png

We did a lot better overall than I expected especially as we started off quite slow. After a few months I did wonder if I’d be the first ever Bayern manager to not win the league.

A17D3E2E-FF98-4B0A-92E4-38A7F696FBAA.thumb.png.44ac9678ea70940c6c115dd9570f3979.png

The boys are all now about 36 so their input isn’t as high as it was.

511A380F-66EC-400B-9CDB-6A80A1E2C1DF.thumb.png.45a4283bf0822f26e219c6a37fffbfd8.png

But it was still decent. 

85BBE662-5FE7-467B-B64F-83EFEE195662.jpeg.a5a3e8a291ac014aa554caf247bb9ed5.jpeg

1800 goals between the three. Delighted with that.

Should not be long until The Final Season is complete.

Thanks!