Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Unleashes The In Slab Forwards!

Ashez

Ashez Unleashes The In Slab Forwards!

I can't remember the last time I saw a new Challenge that I instantly had to attempt, especially one where the urge was so strong I cracked on immediately and flew through the season on the day the challenge was officially revealed. Sure this might not mean much to most of you but when my longest career played this year is four or five seasons this moment feels special so before I begin I have to applaud the not so evil furry @Foxy.

5xa3Yub.jpg

You see this challenge just caught my imagination and it's not for the reasons I assume it interested everyone else, yes using CB's as strikers is novel and a hook by itself but do you know what really caught my attention? The players footedness......Yes that's a random thought process but having one of the targeted players being left footed and the other being right footed completely spoke to me! Anyone can throw Harry Maguire up top and whip balls into him but where is the fun in that? Especially when other options are available?

zJUSzrK.jpg

Many of you will have clicked by now due to the title and the footedness comment but I've decided to deploy the Maguire brothers as the ultimate inside forwards (at FL/R obviously)! Or In Slab Forwards as I like to call them! Mainly for fun as I've really enjoyed just messing about with the game of late but there is more method than madness in my approach. The target is to get the brothers to score but I don't trust two up top systems and especially ones involving two defenders, plus those bonus league points are what will make or break the attempt, especially as few attempts so far have had solid league campaigns. My thinking is if I can have a solid league season with the Maguire's chipping in instead of being the focus I'll wrap up the points. This approach could be the wrong one but the beauty of FMM is experimenting and thinking outside the box. 

You'll be catching up with the Maguire's on a monthly basis as I share with you every twist and turn along this journey, like I've said plenty of times I'm not a fan of the one and done, so I'll milk it for all it's worth. Now on with the show! 

Laying The Slabs

Spoiler

Out 

jxEXYDp.jpg

Vardy was made available early on as I wanted some cash to splash but Mahrez was intended to be a key component of this career, however with holes in my squad and that type of money on the table I took it and ran. 

In

BKB6sUh.jpg

Tarkowski and Cresswell were my original signings as I needed to replace Harry and Cresswell was the best other BPD I could get after some stat searches, admittedly he's more of a wingback than a CB but I thought why not. After the Mahrez deal I decided to sign two replacements with King being someone who I thought would thrive in this system while Luan is my favourite player on 2018 who I've not used in months. Darmian was added to the squad to give me a more suited right back and my final addition was the BBM my system needs. All in all a pretty clean window and one I was happy with. 

The Path Starts Here
August

Game 1 - Bournemouth (H)

n2zgEMy.jpg

The season got off to a frustrating start as we fall at the first hurdle, statically we were on top but Bournemouth had their clinical boots on. We live and learn!

Game 2 - Brighton (A)

UVznpxx.jpg

More seaside opposition followed up but this time the talk was of our bubbling Brazilian and not ice cream! Luan completed his hat trick to secure the points with the only down side to the performance being Maguire's missed penalty. 

Game 3 - Wigan (H)

mC9jmKs.jpg

The cup brought Wigan to the city which was as simple as you like for the Foxes with Josh King sealing the win with his first goal for the club.

Game 4 - Swansea (H)

lEbCdV1.jpg

Leicester's period of domination continued for another ninety minutes as the Foxes slaughtered the Swans with Luan continuing his excellent start to life in England. 

Month Review

Spoiler

LZlWNiK.jpg

All in all the start was solid enough as we got off the mark fast after a frustrating start, sure the Maguires may not have scored yet but it's early days. 

League Table

3U8jT2z.jpg

I wonder where we'll end up? Bring on September!

Current Points

H Maguire - 0
L Maguire - 0
League - 6
Total - 6

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

Edited by Ashez
1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Spotless OP, no errors at all, just what I like to see. Really looking forward to this now.

It was only the wrong tag and one wrong image!! Just shaking off the rust! 

Now that’s awesome @Ashez thinking outside the box and tackling this with a different and I suspect more superior approach, instead of head on (excuse the pun). Looking forward to following this one. 

Yes! The first @Ashez career since I've been back on the forums. So so so looking forward to this. And as always, very interesting approach that makes it all the more entertaining to follow. 👏

5 hours ago, Woody said:

That penalty miss just ruined that 1st month 😂

It sucked but i was more annoyed as I subbed Laurence just before the pen was given so I was annoyed he didn't get to take it so I just laughed the miss off haha. 

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

Chuffed that this challenge not only made you want to play the game but also post a career for us all 😆

Really looking forward to seeing how you get on with this.

I'm very grateful you did :D

4 hours ago, PilgrimAsh said:

Now that’s awesome @Ashez thinking outside the box and tackling this with a different and I suspect more superior approach, instead of head on (excuse the pun). Looking forward to following this one. 

It's a risk so we'll see how it goes :D

4 hours ago, Dave994 said:

Unlucky to get no goals with them yet, however I'm sure someone with your skill will.

Hopefully!

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Yes! The first @Ashez career since I've been back on the forums. So so so looking forward to this. And as always, very interesting approach that makes it all the more entertaining to follow. 👏

Appreciated, I apologise for not posting much this year but I've just spent too much time on dead ideas that didn't work out tbh. Then when you're constantly failing it's hard to want to play at lol.

Love this idea! Cracking first post. Eagerly awaiting more! 

Luan is a beast!!!

Cresswell at cb is a stroke of genius, ive never signed him let alone this years game! 

4 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Great take on the challenge. Nice to see you posting again 😝

I'm starting to worry I have a lot to live up to! 

4 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Love this idea! Cracking first post. Eagerly awaiting more! 

Luan is a beast!!!

Cresswell at cb is a stroke of genius, ive never signed him let alone this years game! 

Thanks!

Indeed he is, I love him!

I'll let you in on a secret, the idea didn't turn out so we'll lol.

3 hours ago, PriZe said:

:O

A good shock I hope?

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

This promises to be great, can't wait for the next update 

I'm sure there are plenty of twists and turns to come!

43 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

this looks fun, hope for some double trouble from the Maguire brothers

Steady now haha

Thanks everyone, it's good to be posting again :D

Welcome to part two of the In Slab Forwards journey where we'll be looking at the month of September, in the previous update we had a decent start securing 6 points but the Maguire's both failed to break their duck. So sit back and relax as we look at what unfolded in the second month of the adventure. 

Not The Ideal Start

Spoiler

t87Vmq6.jpg

A massive blow as Joshua King is ruled out for two months on international duty, all I can say is thank the FMM Gods I decided to sign Luan as well as King's injury likely would have seen this save abandoned. 

The Matches

Game 5 - Liverpool (H)

vhHK1oR.jpg

Leicester steam roll Klopp's reds who couldn't get to grips with the Foxes unorthodox approach with the Maguire's causing trouble all game, while Laurence scored his first for the club. Luan's impressive form continued as he secured a brace in this impressive victory. PS - If this image or my focus on Leicester/Maguire comes back to haunt me today I'll be furious! Yes I'm writing this waiting for KO which doesn't help!

Game 6 - Stoke City (A)

BHc6tRb.jpg

Unfortunately the fans were brought back down to earth a week later as a dominate Leicester side couldn't do it on a windy night in Stoke. Luan gave the away side a promising start but Berahino equalised before the half time whistle with the Foxes unable to gain the advantage again. 

Game 7 - Manchester United (H)

Bra5hgn.jpg

Gary Lineker's dreams of lifting a domestic cup took a knock in the third match of the month as Manchester United eliminated them from the Carabao Cup. Once again the stats made frustrating reading for the home fans as they were on top for large periods of the game but the pillars of slab were unable to find the net. 

Game 8 - Southampton (A)

KziiGMB.jpg

The final match of the month took a turn for the worst as the away side not only lost a man but they lost to an own goal. With Southampton two up due to the deflected goal the frustration obviously got to Ben Chilwell as he went in hard and late on Shane Long which resulted in him receiving his marching orders. Southampton registered one shot on target to Leicester's two but they still found themselves with a 2-1 defeat. 

Month Review

Spoiler

pwHD6ON.jpg

What a shit show of a month! We dominated most games but we leave September with one victory! We need to start firing and fast as if we don't this save will be a disaster!

League Table

ZAwbosc.jpg

Thankfully the slide hasn't been that damaging as we only dropped two places this month but we need to start climbing soon!

Luan

Spoiler

Stats

LTpkHQk.jpg

He's not that special but he has the tools for the job!

Results

TxKPEml.jpg

Just like my Ajax results earlier in the year this is from the AMC position! He's just unstoppable!

The In Slab Forwards

Harry Maguire
Stats

kwolyOL.jpg

He could make a tasty BBM :o....Not much of a striker though.

Results

JiS2KkI.jpg

Harry is finding life as a wide forward difficult but I'm keeping the faith for now. 

Laurence Maguire
Stats

kF4MOwV.jpg

You can see why I want him as a striker as he can't even tackle!

Results

ycOx0u9.jpg

1 in 8 isn't the best but look at that average rating! Unlike his brother Laurence has embraced my weird desire for him to be a striker and he's giving it his all! Keep getting into position and the goals will come is what they say!

Current Points

H Maguire - 0
L Maguire - 5
League - 10
Total - 15

8 hours ago, Dave994 said:

Unlucky not to win some of them games, but at least you got a Maguire to score.

It was frustrating but that's FMM for you!

2 hours ago, Dave994 said:

It's so annoying when you dominate but you just can't win.😤

Indeed, it's something that happens to much imo, especially with more balanced not super attacking tactics from my experience. It's something I'll be vaguely covering in the coming weeks. 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Indeed, it's something that happens to much imo, especially with more balanced not super attacking tactics from my experience. It's something I'll be vaguely covering in the coming weeks. 

I’ve noticed this to @Ashez to many games I dominate and they get one shot and punish me or I guy hit with a quick flurry of goals. You were unlucky to win a few of them with the dominance you appeared to have had. Hopefully your in slab forwards get a few more next month. 

Im really glad your Leicester result didn’t come back to haunt you. 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Looking forwaed to see what more you have to say about it.

5 hours ago, PilgrimAsh said:

I’ve noticed this to @Ashez to many games I dominate and they get one shot and punish me or I guy hit with a quick flurry of goals. You were unlucky to win a few of them with the dominance you appeared to have had. Hopefully your in slab forwards get a few more next month. 

Im really glad your Leicester result didn’t come back to haunt you. 

A lot of the issues come down to long shots I feel, even with the option we have there are few ways to limit these. The AI does love to sneak a win from being battered though. 

Agreed! When it went 2-1 I was dreading Maguire smashing in a header lol. 

2 hours ago, Dave994 said:

Looking forwaed to see what more you have to say about it.

Should be posted in the coming weeks :). 

2 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

Slightly off topic but when he does score it will be interesting to see how many he scores with that massive head of his! (HARRY) 

Good point I think 😛

40 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Agreed! When it went 2-1 I was dreading Maguire smashing in a header lol. 

I know mate we never really seemed to take control of the game, but we got the result, a game which we would have probably lost in years gone by. 

3 hours ago, PilgrimAsh said:

I know mate we never really seemed to take control of the game, but we got the result, a game which we would have probably lost in years gone by. 

We played poor and have all season but we've crossed the line thankfully, the real season starts now as we've got some brutal fixtures coming up 😮

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We played poor and have all season but we've crossed the line thankfully, the real season starts now as we've got some brutal fixtures coming up 😮

Haven’t we just! It’s going to be tough that’s for sure 

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

It's interesting that the league 1 defender can score more thank the prem defender, I'm sure you'll get them both scoring though. KIU

It was from distance iirc which is even more impressive! 

September was hardly a stellar month as we dropped frustrating points and suffered a cup exit but Maguire and the boys are feeling confident for October so let's see what kicked off!

The Matches

Match 9 - Arsenal - (H)

6aqENtu.jpg

Leicester start the month with a dominant win over Arsenal with Silva's early goal being enough to take all three points! 

Match 10 - Huddersfield - (A)

MBtBppf.jpg

Back to back victories for the Foxes but it wasn't an easy victory with Leicester having to battle from behind to take the win, in the dying minutes Harry Maguire thundered a header past the Huddersfield keeper to send the fans wild! Harry finally decided to turn up with this display granting him a place in the team of The week. 

The King Has Returned

OcRJujV.jpg

Match 11 - Watford (A)

PR5uDt6.jpg

Unfortunately the Foxes frustration soon returned as they failed to kill off ten man Watford, they had a massive opportunity to seal the win when a spot kick was awarded but Larry Maguire sent it to the corner flag. The board and fans were furious with the young Maguire while Luan had his head in his hands! 

Match 12 - Manchester City (H)

0LYUne5.jpg

Harry Maguire scored his second of the month but it wasn't enough to beat Pep's Manchester City. Leicester put up a good fight but a devine performance from Jesus saw the points taken back to Manchester. 

Month Review

Spoiler

a8OeR2y.jpg

An up and down month which I don't feel reflects the level of performance we've shown. Again we dropped a few frustrating points but it feels like the point of clicking is just around the corner. 

League Table

b7T7hT3.jpg

Considering the last two months have been a tad bumpy I think we're positioned well in the table with the chance of a top four spot still open to us. 

The In Slab Forwards

Harry Maguire
Stats

0DluM8K.jpg

Results

gawH8Ha.jpg

He's finally on the score sheet and since he's scored two in three let's hope this is signs of some form at last!

Laurence Maguire
Stats

vgVWBO4.jpg

Results

inlhq4E.jpg

In this brotherly head to head Laurence has lost the lead! Maybe some sibling rivalry is what we've needed all along! 

Current Points

H Maguire - 2
L Maguire - 5
League - 17
Total - 24