Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Landon Donovan Challenge

Kanegan

Donovan.png.2185a4e695f8519ace6d363cfc09819f.png

Landon Timothy Donovan (born March 4, 1982) is an American professional soccer player who holds numerous individual records in Major League Soccer (MLS) and for the United States national team and is regarded as one of the greatest U.S. men's soccer players of all time.

A native of Southern California, Donovan was a member of the inaugural class of the U.S. Soccer youth residency program in Bradenton, Florida. He was named Player of the Tournament for his role in the United States under-17 squad that finished fourth in the 1999 FIFA U-17 World Championship. He went for loan to Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Everton but was never able to settle down and ultimately returned to his homeland.

In USA however, he was widely regarded as the greatest of all time. In MLS, Donovan won a record six MLS Cups and is both the league's all-time top scorer with 145 goals and the league's all-time assists leader with 136. The Major League Soccer MVP Award has been renamed the Landon Donovan MVP Award in his honor. For the United States men's national team, Donovan is the all-time leader in assists and tied with Clint Dempsey as all-time leader in scoring, and is the second-most-capped player of his country. Donovan is the only American player to reach the 50 goals/50 assists mark. He is a four-time winner of the U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year award (the only man to do so and the first man to win in consecutive years), as well as the only seven-time winner of the Honda Player of the Year award.

Donovan starred in the U.S. team that reached the quarter-finals of the 2002 FIFA World Cup where he received the Best Young Player Award. His three goals in the 2010 World Cup made Donovan the highest-scoring male American player in World Cup history and one of the three male American players to score in more than one World Cup, along with Brian McBride and Clint Dempsey.

In March 2017, Donovan joined a private ownership group seeking to bring the next MLS expansion team to San Diego, California. Can you emulate the best US player of all time??

Challenge Set-Up:

• Load up USA and take control of LA Galaxy.
  • You must sign an American striker who will become your new “Donovan”
  • At LA Galaxy you must win at least 6x MLS Cup, 2x Supporter's Shield and 1x US Cup.
  • You must break the record of highest goals and highest assists in MLS set by Donovan. To achieve that, you must score more than 144 goals and 136 assists in regular season and 25 goals and 14 assists in playoffs.
  • You must also score more than 184 goals scored by Donovan in his club career for LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes
  • You must win at least 4x US Footballer of the Year Awards

Bonus:

• Take charge of the USA National team and score more than 57 international goals by your new "Donovan"
  • Win atleast 4 North American Gold Cups and become the top scorer in atleast 3 of them.

Rules:

• Own Formations only
  • Only SI databases.
  • No unlockables unless earned on the save
  • No use of any editor
  • Evidence is required via screenshot, I’d suggest posting a career for all of Vibe to follow
  • No Cheating - Reloading to avoid injuries counts as cheating

So, there you go. A challenge in the MLS. Hope some of you take this one. Expecting some feedback.

Edited by Kanegan
7 hours ago, Damilare said:

Another interesting challenge mate...I might attempt this because I have never played in the MLS.. 

Watch out!!!Coming soon!!

Great mate. Looking forward to your attempt. I am sure you will smash this one. 

12 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great mate. Looking forward to your attempt. I am sure you will smash this one. 

I have a question...I am to also break a goalscoring in the playoffs...what if I win the league and do not play in the playoffs?

No, If you win the league outright, you will be awarded the Supporter's Shield. MLS Cup is the post season playoff trophy where the top six teams from each conference, i.e Eastern and Western qualify. So, anyway you have to play the playoffs.