Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Ashez & Foxy Present Gegenpressing!

Ashez

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Unfortunately I don't think we have the available roles to make such an idea work. The Trent focus coupled with the available AMC roles especially don't really do it for me. 

Essentially the new shape is the WM, with Trent playing a hybrid IWB-DLP role creating the box midfield when in possessions, which I don't think you can replicate enough, especially with how Konate is somewhat the RB at times with Trent central. I wouldn't be happy as Trent as just an IWB or as him as say the advancing CB with Ibou as the DRB. I did dabble with the IWB and a right sided passing focus and Trent did see a decent amount of the ball, as did VVD which is another current trend. 

Then you have the issue of Gakpo Vs Nunez as they basically change the entire tactic. I have to admit though the concept of Gakpo as one of the attacking 8s yesterday excited me alot. 

Basically if I wanted to look at it I'd start with the classic WM shape, then try and make Trent work like Trent. Without much experience in IWBs and the fact I think starting him as a DM is beating the point i don't think this idea has many legs. That's just the first hurdle though as you also need to work out the top end of the box, is it two AMCs with the limited roles we have (I'd be more keen with RPMs at AMC tbf), or are you going the striker dropping route to create one of the tips, which again asks Gakpo Vs Nunez. 

Top my head think I'd start somewhere like 

ADF            ISF 

ISF    AM        SS

BWM               IWB

DFB      CB         CB 

But I can't say I like that starting point, it just fits who's available. Nunez, Salah, Diaz, Jones, Gakpo, Fabinho, Trent, Robbo, VvD and Ibou. 

Or you drop the attacking 8s into the CM line and go something like RPM and an APM. 

ISF        ADF       ISF 

RPM APM 

BWM              IWB

DFB    BPD   CB 

Still has the box midfield, just a very condensed one which could be stretched via mentality I guess, I think in that shape I'd be more inclined to drop Nunez as the striker though and go a deep falling striker like Gakpo. You'd also have to decide on the spread of DFB-CB-DFB option or DFB-CB-CB one which leaves a gapping hole behind Trent. I'd say the left sided winger being an AML or FL is up to preference but I think Salah sticks, while he does play somewhat deeper IRL, you need to keep his threat level high. 

That's my early thoughts anyway as I did jump into this concept rather quickly after Trent found his new role, just nothing excited me. It might be possible in a way but I don't think it would be possible how I'd want to do it. 

Any thoughts?

Love this sort of stuff!!!

It's always been my favourite part of FMM, which has saddly stagnated alongside the engine and available options. I still often load up the game with a specific idea in mind, then drop it after a couple hours as I can't get whatever idea to work how I want it to 😂

Had a bit of a play and yeah I'm not feeling the IWB role at all. He was rarely central in any highlights which meant the AI had the freedom of the park to run through and score with ease. With a split back three they abused the center and with a narrow three the wings. 

The attack also irritated the hell out of me, you have to use alot of roles that are inclined to fire off a long shot and it muddles the stats so much. Wayward shooting and things like DMCs always having shit ratings just makes it all so hard to judge. The game takes advantage of space really well so having a formation with so much space wide and central is just asking for trouble. 

I'd love to see someone achieve it but I'm not sure how you would, personally I think it's a tactic that goes beyond what the game offers. If we had deep options like in and out of possession roles maybe, but with the cookie cutter approach I think we're asking too much. 

A WM with Trent in midfield is more than possible obviously but to mimic real world Trent we're asking too much. Tbf Trent is just unique as even the standard WB never suited him.