Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Ashez & Foxy Present Gegenpressing!

Ashez

I think I would be looking for good physical stats in my players as I think the game loves fast, strong players and then all the standard attributes you would look for in all the roles but obviously being a lower league you need to accept that those attributes would be lower.

Wierdly the tactic just kicked back in by itself and I flew up the table and I've got a playoff spot. Second time it's happened now with the tactic, where it seems like no matter how well the players perform you still lose then all of a suddenly it takes back off and you smash teams again.

25guct5.png

[Edit]

Gone and got promoted for the third straight season out of three. This tactic is crazy

2r23cox.png

😂

Edited by Schwantz34

It's these sort of articles that keep dragging me back to the site FFS 😠 what do I have to do to leave for good?? 😂 

Cracking job, guys!!! 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

It's these sort of articles that keep dragging me back to the site FFS 😠 what do I have to do to leave for good?? 😂 

Cracking job, guys!!! 

Don’t pretend it’s these articles as we all know you 💛 us really.

Glad you enjoyed it 😀

15 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Wierdly the tactic just kicked back in by itself and I flew up the table and I've got a playoff spot. Second time it's happened now with the tactic, where it seems like no matter how well the players perform you still lose then all of a suddenly it takes back off and you smash teams again.

25guct5.png

[Edit]

Gone and got promoted for the third straight season out of three. This tactic is crazy

2r23cox.png

😂

That's really weird but at least it's entertaining lol. Congrats on the promotion!

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Cracking job, guys!!! 

I now 100% know this effort was worthwhile! I'll do anything to keep you around.....Anything........But no not that. 

Hi @Ashezand @Foxy, I didn’t get round to trying this in ‘18 so giving it a blast in ‘19 and loving it.

The only thing that frustrates is the rating for the DLP so I switched to this setup a few months in.

305AAC17-EA42-4968-BAB4-E2AA4D80562D.thumb.png.e5d434d9f8330432e7f25d9116b0555c.png

Take a look at some of the cup results so far!

4312EFB3-EE79-44C6-B92A-9055D7F83ECB.thumb.png.bb970200e9ac78719dbf7891e8327df1.png

6AAEB441-2619-44C9-8030-7AE00D43B5FA.thumb.png.f4e579491de36f76f8543639c378b359.png

5DF13DFA-BD8C-4451-B43E-31A1CE01A0BE.thumb.png.db63d620459b3867d9b92121845d083c.png

Still got about a dozen league games left but should wrap that up soon and will see how I get on in the prem next season. I’ve got a feeling it will be too attacking but looking forward to see. Thanks again!

18 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Still not bad on FMM19, though not played many with it yet. Just switched to it with Bochum.

It's something we want to test yet we're both caught up with new projects/saves lol. I've used it briefly and it seemed solid though tbf. 

Just now, Ashez said:

It's something we want to test yet we're both caught up with new projects/saves lol. I've used it briefly and it seemed solid though tbf. 

My players aren't great so it's a bit leaky but still picking up results at the moment. If I don't get sacked (on the brink before I switched tactic to this) I'll start the new season with it 😂

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The tactic I’m using in my new save I started tonight is built on the base of Gegenpressing and so far so good. I have also tested the original Gegen from the OP and it still seems pretty effective to me.

On 16/11/2018 at 23:51, Foxy said:

The tactic I’m using in my new save I started tonight is built on the base of Gegenpressing and so far so good. I have also tested the original Gegen from the OP and it still seems pretty effective to me.

So are u still on that process ?

Edited by FMLover:)
3 minutes ago, FMLover:) said:

So are u still on that process ?

With the right players this tactic is still very effective as I think I have shown in my Steal One save here and it has made a good start with Fulham as well in this save I am doing here.

I've not used this exact tactic but in everything I've done this year I've used variants of this which make me believe this will still work. Tbh this is now the base I build off. 

I believe @kylieboi88 has been having success with this version as well. 

i've found this one still works well... with a few tweaks.

Overload change to Control

WB switch to IWB
DLP to BWM
one of the BBM to a RP

Unsure about the Mane role. Playing with IW, pushed up as an AF or to keep as winger. So far the pushed up AF seems to be the best

Edited by topline
spelling
On 09/01/2020 at 01:29, Schwantz34 said:

I sometimes go back to 18' just to use this.

What a tactic @Ashez& @Foxymade here!

Gone back to it again after many frustrations with FMM22 and it's like a breath of fresh air!

The 2018 game was definitely the sweet spot!

This was hands down the most fun I've had with FMM in ages, I actually can't believe how old this article is 😮

Can't help but laugh reading the squad management section though and thinking about the mess LFC have got themselves in IRL. @FuddledFoxshould have replaced Edwards as DoF 😂

Don't think I've used this tactic directly on this year's game but I still use alot of its principles when tactic making. 

Some of my proudest work and I just adore this tactic so much ❤️ 

Thought I would revisit this tactic in FMM23 as I didn’t try it in the last game.

It was just a quick test doing @DanEnglish World Cup winner badge and World Cup Golden boot challenges.

In total I played and won 9 games with Holland including wins over Croatia, Italy, Brazil and Argentina.

D49844B7-35DD-4EBA-80F3-90796645B5B8.thumb.jpeg.990746b0c2af77a5e165c43ac0fc0bc9.jpeg

Plenty of goals scored as well…

8B410BA4-8FEA-46ED-93AF-DF40AB9B0E03.thumb.jpeg.3572853f554f7e118ec80e54ca4521dc.jpeg

I used the tactic exactly how myself and @Ashez created it back on FMM18 and it seems that if you have reasonable players for the set up it’s still an effective tactic.

3 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Thought I would revisit this tactic in FMM23 as I didn’t try it in the last game.

It was just a quick test doing @DanEnglish World Cup winner badge and World Cup Golden boot challenges.

In total I played and won 9 games with Holland including wins over Croatia, Italy, Brazil and Argentina.

D49844B7-35DD-4EBA-80F3-90796645B5B8.thumb.jpeg.990746b0c2af77a5e165c43ac0fc0bc9.jpeg

Plenty of goals scored as well…

8B410BA4-8FEA-46ED-93AF-DF40AB9B0E03.thumb.jpeg.3572853f554f7e118ec80e54ca4521dc.jpeg

I used the tactic exactly how myself and @Ashez created it back on FMM18 and it seems that if you have reasonable players for the set up it’s still an effective tactic.

You can never beat a golden oldie

5 hours ago, Blitz36 said:

will you do the updated version dude

How do you mean? This still works fine. 

I can't imagine you're asking for a Klopp tactic that fails every week 😂😂

I'd potentially look into one or maybe two RPs in the midfield but that's about the only thing I could even think to look into. 

Unfortunately I don't think we have the available roles to make such an idea work. The Trent focus coupled with the available AMC roles especially don't really do it for me. 

Essentially the new shape is the WM, with Trent playing a hybrid IWB-DLP role creating the box midfield when in possessions, which I don't think you can replicate enough, especially with how Konate is somewhat the RB at times with Trent central. I wouldn't be happy as Trent as just an IWB or as him as say the advancing CB with Ibou as the DRB. I did dabble with the IWB and a right sided passing focus and Trent did see a decent amount of the ball, as did VVD which is another current trend. 

Then you have the issue of Gakpo Vs Nunez as they basically change the entire tactic. I have to admit though the concept of Gakpo as one of the attacking 8s yesterday excited me alot. 

Basically if I wanted to look at it I'd start with the classic WM shape, then try and make Trent work like Trent. Without much experience in IWBs and the fact I think starting him as a DM is beating the point i don't think this idea has many legs. That's just the first hurdle though as you also need to work out the top end of the box, is it two AMCs with the limited roles we have (I'd be more keen with RPMs at AMC tbf), or are you going the striker dropping route to create one of the tips, which again asks Gakpo Vs Nunez. 

Top my head think I'd start somewhere like 

ADF            ISF 

ISF    AM        SS

BWM               IWB

DFB      CB         CB 

But I can't say I like that starting point, it just fits who's available. Nunez, Salah, Diaz, Jones, Gakpo, Fabinho, Trent, Robbo, VvD and Ibou. 

Or you drop the attacking 8s into the CM line and go something like RPM and an APM. 

ISF        ADF       ISF 

RPM APM 

BWM              IWB

DFB    BPD   CB 

Still has the box midfield, just a very condensed one which could be stretched via mentality I guess, I think in that shape I'd be more inclined to drop Nunez as the striker though and go a deep falling striker like Gakpo. You'd also have to decide on the spread of DFB-CB-DFB option or DFB-CB-CB one which leaves a gapping hole behind Trent. I'd say the left sided winger being an AML or FL is up to preference but I think Salah sticks, while he does play somewhat deeper IRL, you need to keep his threat level high. 

That's my early thoughts anyway as I did jump into this concept rather quickly after Trent found his new role, just nothing excited me. It might be possible in a way but I don't think it would be possible how I'd want to do it. 

Any thoughts?