Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Reacting to posts?

URz

Hi, after some advice on the “reacting to posts” button. I can see it used on some posts with a Heart or Smiley.

Is there a Vibe style on how these are used and when?

There isn't really any rules to it mate, personally I save hearts for a thank you, or to show appreciation for work/achievement since that's recorded and influences your level, the others are more for fun really. 

Edited by Ashez

No style at all mate. I always think of the heart as a standard “like” button, and the others depending on how the comment/post made me feel 

Just now, Nucleus said:

No style at all mate. I always think of the heart as a standard “like” button, and the others depending on how the comment/post made me feel 

Aww bless 😛

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

since that's recorded and influences your level

So a smiley doesn’t give rep points?! 😳 I thought they did, I’ve been putting happy faces all over the place thinking the person would get rep 😂

Just now, Nucleus said:

So a smiley doesn’t give rep points?! 😳 I thought they did, I’ve been putting happy faces all over the place thinking the person would get rep 😂

As far as I'm aware they don't? Or they don't appear to influence the counter on the home page? 

My take is hearts replaced the +1/like feature and the rest are just fun? Maybe @Putzy can confirm though?

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As far as I'm aware they don't? Or they don't appear to influence the counter on the home page? 

My take is hearts replaced the +1/like feature and the rest are just fun? Maybe @Putzy can confirm though?

Makes sense. In that case @URz we’ve solved your answer and we BOTH warrant a heart 😂😝

38 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Makes sense. In that case @URz we’ve solved your answer and we BOTH warrant a heart 😂😝

Hearts all round then😛

58 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Correct. The heart is the +1, smilies are just "reactions" which don't increment anything. :)

We are possibly going to be changing this with the next site upgrade - smilies will be worth less than a heart, and weighted. But we're still looking into these options.

Hope that helps!