Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News Football Manager 2019 Mobile Screenshots

Putzy

Reading between the lines, I don't think 3D is likely - system requirements look almost identical to FMM18, and some of the devices that can run that wouldn't stand a chance of a 3D engine running on it. 

Spoiler
35 minutes ago, Putzy said:

Reading between the lines, I don't think 3D is likely - system requirements look almost identical to FMM18, and some of the devices that can run that wouldn't stand a chance of a 3D engine running on it. 

Thank you✔️✔️

1 hour ago, mustafa58 said:

Do you think there's a chance for a 3d coming?

Doubt it as the game file it already pretty big as it is. 

Edited by JustM1kePlays
On 13/10/2018 at 21:22, Rizs_ said:

just don't get it, there's "squad numbers" button on Watford screenshot while we cannot see it on schalke 04 screenshot. i hope the squad numbers and a chances to change the numbers will be there for every  (at least) available teams in FMM 19.

They will. It would make no sense otherwise. You can see on the Sttugart game that there are numbers such as 22. Maybe they already selected the numbers for the season in Schalke screenshot.

13 hours ago, Putzy said:

Oh, they have released the system requirements? Could you provide them here?

11 hours ago, JustM1kePlays said:

Doubt it as the game file it already pretty big as it is. 

How big is the file size for this year?

It's the subtle things in those screenshots that have caught my eye. The club reputation rating for one; off the back of this there may be a world club ranking system like in the full game which would give something extra to aim for, especially when starting out in the lower leagues. Also I really hope the ability to manually assign squad statuses is in, would (potentially) add a new dynamic to player recruitment and man management.

5 hours ago, TheServant said:

Thank you. So, from those requirements, there's no clear indication that FMM19 will not have 3D engine. There's still hope.

It's clear there won't be 3D support. It would take an insane amount of power to introduce that to mobile gaming. 

42 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

It's clear there won't be 3D support. It would take an insane amount of power to introduce that to mobile gaming. 

There are many games with 3D support. Even PES Club Manager has exceptional 3D for its match. So it's not that insane.

35 minutes ago, TheServant said:

There are many games with 3D support. Even PES Club Manager has exceptional 3D for its match. So it's not that insane.

As nice as it would be lets be honest 3D in the match engine is along way of with FMM. Take a look at the PC game and it doesn't come close to other 3D football games graphics wise so its unlikely they are going to put much time into FMM to get a 3D engine working in that.

55 minutes ago, TheServant said:

You moan about the current EME performance yet are pushing for a way more intensive engine?

I've said it countless times but the engine has a lot to do before a 3D one is even considered. 

1 hour ago, TheServant said:

It's not as insane as you are, that's for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Foxy said:

As nice as it would be lets be honest 3D in the match engine is along way of with FMM. Take a look at the PC game and it doesn't come close to other 3D football games graphics wise so its unlikely they are going to put much time into FMM to get a 3D engine working in that.

Yeah, you're probably right. That's the most logical answer. & when even the EME still cannot run properly on Android, 3D match is out of the question.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

You moan about the current EME performance yet are pushing for a way more intensive engine?

I've said it countless times but the engine has a lot to do before a 3D one is even considered. 

Oh, wow. Please calm down. About the EME thing, I have only stated the facts. Nothing more. I am sorry that you're offended by them.

& why are you questioning my hope for 3D match? I am just being optimistic about it.

6 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

It's not as insane as you are, that's for sure. 

Yet another user being so aggressive. I am sorry that my statement have offended you this badly. Never my intention.

This has been discussed for ever about quality of the graphics etc in the match engine even back to the CM days when there was no graphics.

Many games over the years have tried to compete with CM/FM and have not lasted despite better match graphics. This is because they lack the detail and little touches that FM has. Even EA gave up on Fifa manager because FM was so much better.

I would rather they focus on making the EME as smooth and realistic as possible before they try to wedge a 3D engine in that would probably take up a lot more room on my device and would have a limited number of animations anyway.

5 minutes ago, TheServant said:

Oh, wow. Please calm down. About the EME thing, I have only stated the facts. Nothing more. I am sorry that you're offended by them.

& why are you questioning my hope for 3D match? I am just being optimistic about it.

I wasn't offended or aggressive or anything like that and if you took my comment that way I do apologise, the issue with a text based community has always been you can't get tone from text ;). 

Anyway I was simply enquiring considering those two stances don't really mix so someone with your experience with FMM should realise it's a pipe dream at this moment in time. 

18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Many games over the years have tried to compete with CM/FM and have not lasted despite better match graphics. This is because they lack the detail and little touches that FM has. Even EA gave up on Fifa manager because FM was so much better.

I would rather they focus on making the EME as smooth and realistic as possible before they try to wedge a 3D engine in that would probably take up a lot more room on my device and would have a limited number of animations anyway.

CM/FM has been the best & the most long lasting football manager game, I agree. As for FIFA Manager, I have suspicion that EA gave up on it because it's simply not making "enough money" for their greed. & if FIFA Manager still existed today, it probably would have loot boxes just like FIFA.

Absolutely. Making EME a solid engine is the first priority. No question. I am just being hopeful about 3D match, that's all.

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wasn't offended or aggressive or anything like that and if you took my comment that way I do apologise, the issue with a text based community has always been you can't get tone from text ;). 

Anyway I was simply enquiring considering those two stances don't really mix so someone with your experience with FMM should realise it's a pipe dream at this moment in time. 

I see. I am glad to hear that.

Well, yes, it's indeed a far-fetched dream, but I am just trying to be optimistic. Even when I critcized the EME, never once I was being pessimistic about my outlook. I simply critcized & stating the facts, that's all. I never said it would never be fixed, or the developers were not capable enough, or anything negative. Being optimistic does not mean I cannot critcize anything.

Edited by Guest
Making a statement clearer.
7 hours ago, TheServant said:

Yeah, you're probably right. That's the most logical answer. & when even the EME still cannot run properly on Android, 3D match is out of the question.

Yet another user being so aggressive. I am sorry that my statement have offended you this badly. Never my intention.

Yeah sorry mate wasn't having a go just trying to get you to know 3D won't be in this year, its released soon and you've seen the req's come on man. How long have you been playing, if you don't mind my asking? 

Edited by JonDoe
6 hours ago, JonDoe said:

Yeah sorry mate wasn't having a go just trying to get you to know 3D won't be in this year, its released soon and you've seen the req's come on man. How long have you been playing, if you don't mind my asking? 

Well, like I said, the requirements are not strong enough proof for the the unavailability of 3D match. 3D match could be optional, so the requirements can be as low as the previous installment. But, yes, in the end, it's most likely that it will not be there, not because of the requirements shown, but because of SI's apparent lack of refined 3D match even on the mainline game. When even their opus does not have solid 3D match simulation, I doubt that putting 3D match on FMM is their focus.

Oh, almost forgot. I have been playing FMM since FMH 2011.

Edited by Guest
Answering the question.

In my opinion, the 2D engine is what attracts me to fmm instead of Fmt/fm. I find the 3D animations so frustratingly clunky and repetitive. There's hardly any variations and each player moves like the tin man from The Wizard of Oz.

With a 2D engine, SI's fmm department can continue focusing on the main bread and butter of the game: the game play and features. They've also worked so hard recently on the EME, and it would seem like quite a waste of time if they had to scrap it for 3D.

And if hundreds of staff from the main FM game can't get it right, how is a staff of 6 going to cope? 

39 minutes ago, Thirsk said:

In my opinion, the 2D engine is what attracts me to fmm instead of Fmt/fm. I find the 3D animations so frustratingly clunky and repetitive. There's hardly any variations and each player moves like the tin man from The Wizard of Oz.

With a 2D engine, SI's fmm department can continue focusing on the main bread and butter of the game: the game play and features. They've also worked so hard recently on the EME, and it would seem like quite a waste of time if they had to scrap it for 3D.

And if hundreds of staff from the main FM game can't get it right, how is a staff of 6 going to cope? 

3D match could be an option just like the mainline game. So if people do not want it, opt out.

Why scrap the EME? Maybe EME is capable enough to fit the 3D match. If not, maybe it can be upgraded. Unless the developers said otherwise.

I did not know that. So mainline FM game being worked by hundreds staff & FMM only 6? Is that in their website?

Players have the real numbers in the game? I noticed it with pereyra and badstuber number 37 and 28

On 24/10/2018 at 08:23, TheServant said:

3D match could be an option just like the mainline game. So if people do not want it, opt out.

Why scrap the EME? Maybe EME is capable enough to fit the 3D match. If not, maybe it can be upgraded. Unless the developers said otherwise.

I did not know that. So mainline FM game being worked by hundreds staff & FMM only 6? Is that in their website?

The way the games coded it would be far beyond anything any phone can currently handle. 

just 5 days left and they have not done announced new features. smh.

5 hours ago, JonDoe said:

The way the games coded it would be far beyond anything any phone can currently handle. 

Oh, you know how the game's coded. Could you elaborate?

3 hours ago, Rizs_ said:

just 5 days left and they have not done announced new features. smh.

Yeah, I know. They're really testing our patience. Hopefully the announcement will worth all the wait.

6 hours ago, TheServant said:

Oh, you know how the game's coded. Could you elaborate?

Unless the poster has a SI tag on their profile it's 90% speculation backed up by snippets of information SI lads occasionally give us in random comments across the forum. Only SI people know specific details and like mentioned above it's not stuff they can freely discuss. 

To be clear I'm not annoyed or aggressive or whatever other conclusion you'll jump to I'm just trying to explain. We're a fan site, we don't make the game but thankfully a few developers do hang out here at times for the odd chat but the information they can give is limited. You've recently taken a few throw away comments by random members as gospel when the reality is most of us chat out our arse with snippets of credible information to back up said opinions/views. 

49 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Unless the poster has a SI tag on their profile it's 90% speculation backed up by snippets of information SI lads occasionally give us in random comments across the forum. Only SI people know specific details and like mentioned above it's not stuff they can freely discuss. 

To be clear I'm not annoyed or aggressive or whatever other conclusion you'll jump to I'm just trying to explain. We're a fan site, we don't make the game but thankfully a few developers do hang out here at times for the odd chat but the information they can give is limited. You've recently taken a few throw away comments by random members as gospel when the reality is most of us chat out our arse with snippets of credible information to back up said opinions/views. 

I only wanted to make sure that he's telling the truth, that's all. Because, honestly, I am tired of people claiming things without any solid prove. If that's just a speculation, then tell us. Some people worded things like they're telling facts. That's why I keep asking for the prove. That's my way of implicitly reminding people not to lie. It's just weird that me, the one that has not uttered a single lie or mocking statement about another person, is the one being warned. Though at the same time, I thank you, because you care enough about me to warn me.

& just so we're clear, I never jumped into conclusion. I thought we already understood about communicating with people through text-based mean does not capture the tone of our statements. We talked about this. Why are you bringing this up?

Edited by Guest
Adding " . . . lie or . . . "
4 minutes ago, TheServant said:

I only wanted to make sure that he's telling the truth, that's all. Because, honestly, I am tired of people claiming things without any solid prove. If that's just a speculation, then tell us. Some people worded things like they're telling facts. That's why I keep asking for the prove. That's my way of implicitly reminding people not to lie. It's just weird that me, the one that has not uttered a single mocking statement about another person, is the one being warned. Though at the same time, I thank you, because you care enough about me to warn me.

& just so we're clear, I never jumped into conclusion. I

12 minutes ago, TheServant said:

thought we already understood about communicating with people through text-based mean does not capture the tone of our statements. We talked about this. Why are you bringing this up?

I understand your point but most of the time the speculation is backed up by something but like I said a lot of it is hidden away in random posts. It's widely accepted the FMM team is small and here's proof. 

Screenshot_2018-10-28-11-05-54.thumb.png.cf9e5e2feb2144f75b531848f555d791.png

Like that shows snippets of information are hidden everywhere so showing it isn't easy, it's just things you remember over the years. For that however I just searched for Alari posts with the search term small team. If anyone does lie regarding SI I'd fully expect them to be called out by SI staff here and corrected which they do often.

I've not warned you at all, I'm just trying to help you understand how Vibe works, I was attempting to be friendly to help you enjoy the site but yet again you've misunderstood my intentions and taken to the defensive. I assume you're referring to Sam's light teasing as well but in that situation you were told by SI they can't answer your question yet you hang on to another post by someone not involved with SI, common sense should tell you that even if they knew or were an ex SI employee like you suggested they wouldn't be allowed to tell you either way. Like I said I'm not warning you or attacking you but you do appear to take every comment to heart or out of context and that is what's causing you attention. I posted that last sentence in case you went on the defensive and took my help the wrong way which you did, all I'm trying to do is help you. 

26 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I understand your point but most of the time the speculation is backed up by something but like I said a lot of it is hidden away in random posts. It's widely accepted the FMM team is small and here's proof. 

Screenshot_2018-10-28-11-05-54.thumb.png.cf9e5e2feb2144f75b531848f555d791.png

Like that shows snippets of information are hidden everywhere so showing it isn't easy, it's just things you remember over the years. For that however I just searched for Alari posts with the search term small team. If anyone does lie regarding SI I'd fully expect them to be called out by SI staff here and corrected which they do often.

I've not warned you at all, I'm just trying to help you understand how Vibe works, I was attempting to be friendly to help you enjoy the site but yet again you've misunderstood my intentions and taken to the defensive. I assume you're referring to Sam's light teasing as well but in that situation you were told by SI they can't answer your question yet you hang on to another post by someone not involved with SI, common sense should tell you that even if they knew or were an ex SI employee like you suggested they wouldn't be allowed to tell you either way. Like I said I'm not warning you or attacking you but you do appear to take every comment to heart or out of context and that is what's causing you attention. I posted that last sentence in case you went on the defensive and took my help the wrong way which you did, all I'm trying to do is help you. 

Small team does not mean 6 staff though. If, like you said, we use common sense, small does not equal 6, especially for SI Games who are backed by Sega & have been making FM for a long time. Just because I think differently than you, does not mean I do not use my common sense. & even then, I never asked anyone to provide a detailed, clear, & undebatable prove. All I have ever asked was a bit of explanation. & none of the users that I asked provide even a tiny bit of explanation/proof. Even about @JonDoe claim that he knows how the game's coded, I only asked for a bit of elaboration. I never asked, "Could you explain it in detail? Maybe what's the FMM's engine? Or how old is the engine? Is it an in-house engine or commercial one?" Never. Is that so wrong?

So you mean everything here is the truth as long as it's not corrected by the SI staff? That does not sound right.

You clearly warned/questioned me about my behaviour, which, like I said, I am fine with. I always welcome any respecful discourse, just like what you did. But, why don't you tell the people who "tease" me about my common sense & telling me that I am insane to ease off their "teasing?"

& my "common sense" tell me that he might have an insider info, or maybe he used to work for SI Games, or maybe he has connection with someone from there, & many more possibilities. If you know how leaked information being spread in the game industry, it's not outside the realm of "common sense." & please stop talking like I do not use common sense. Be respectful.

Edited by Guest
Changing "is" to "does."