Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nucleus

FMM19: Possible New Features

04F5ABE4-89E1-4D7B-9A47-17C1D6107458.png.de7511c7b9b7c6a904dc893407d062d5.png

Welcome Vibe, with FMM19 right around the corner I’ve recently scoured the minds of Vibe’s finest members and asked them what possible features they think we’ll see in the latest edition.

Please note that some of these features aren’t necessarily what these members want to see but they are certainly features with a possibility of being introduced.

Press Conferences

Let’s start with the big one then. Press conferences, an essential feature in the minds of the casual fans, an unnecessary burden in the minds of the ultras we have here on Vibe. Me personally, I’m with the latter as I simply feel we don’t need this feature inserted into the game above anything else. I’d much prefer SI to implement something useful that we can all benefit from.

Kit Numbers

I’ve seen this recommendation thrown around the forums a few times, and personally I’m on the fence with it. In real life I’m a lover of the importance of kit numbers and their traditions. We even have a few challenges dedicated to famous shirts from world football right here on Vibe. It would definitely give your saves a bit more of a personal touch in my opinion as you could set your favourite player in the team to your favourite number, or lucky number if you’re the superstitious kind. It’s an addition that wouldn’t do any harm to the game but it should in no way be on the list of priority features.

Referee Stats

This one was put forward to myself by @Woody, and I have to say I most certainly agree with him. What Woody means by Referee stats is simply how likely the referee is willing to show a card or the opposite. This could change the way we approach games which is always a bonus in my eyes. A lenient referee who is more willing to let play go on would allow us to be more aggressive in the tackle whilst a stricter referee who is willing to stop play at the slightest sign of foul play would warrant a cautious approach to the game as to not risk a yellow card or even worse, a red.

Stadium Creator

Back in the days of LMA manager on the PlayStation I fondly remember being able to build stadiums stand by stand and watching them being constructed in the 3D match engine. Nowadays no manager in the world has a say in anything like Stadium Expansion, but could it be a new feature in FMM19, who knows!

3D Match Engine

This one was put forward by @samhardy and @WoodyAlthough I’m not sure Sam meant it in a positive way! Year on year we have this feature idea floating around the site. There’s no doubting that higher end devices these days could support such a feature, but in my opinion it would require a total rebuild of the entire match engine before they even think about adding in a 3D match engine. In my honest opinion a 3D match engine would ruin the portability of the game and we wouldn’t be too far off the full fat FM with it implemented which isn’t why we’re here.

Instant Replay

A cracker of an idea which was put forward by @Scratch and I’m baffled as to why I’ve never heard it mentioned before. How tiring is it to save a match after it’s finished and having to back out into the main menu of the game to rewatch the highlight. Instant replay could easily be implemented, with optional replay choices ranging from goals, free kicks, fouls, offsides and more. Myself I’d personally enjoy watching a goal replay without having to back out into the main menu, especially as I play on the fastest speed setting so if I blink I may miss something. Recent screenshots of the game could mean this is a shoe in for the latest edition!

Optional Hard Save

This is for us challenge players. It was put forward by @Ashez and @Scratch An option to turn this on at the initial load up page, which would be a requirement for all Vibe challenges and all of our community events:- Challenge Cup, Olympics etc.

This would simply automatically hard save the game after every match and this reloading malarkey we’ve come to know here on Vibe would hopefully disappear. To prove you’ve used the setting, something simple like this on your manager profile page would prove it.

1ECB96B3-7659-4FBE-9AA7-FB2AD393ED47.png.57dde61b09a271bd5740c407b5be8409.png

Notice the star next to my manager name, this would mean I’ve been using the hard save feature. Note that it doesn’t have to be a star, I simply used that as an example of what could be used for proof, maybe someone like Ashez can think of something a little more professional. This would be a huge feature for us as a community and would see us thrive. A must have in my opinion. Remember guys, this feature would be optional, if you’re not a challenge player then you wouldn’t have to have it on, we conduct experiments here on Vibe sometimes that require a reload as such so this feature switched on would hamper that.

So these are the possible features we may see in FMM19, which ones would you like to see? Which ones wouldn’t you? Anything I’ve missed out? Let me know in the comments below.

Finally I’d like to thank @Foxy for the graphic, and @Scratch@Rob2017, @Woody, @Titjes,@samhardy and @Ashez for their input on potential features.

For me a really trivial and simple things would be an additional warning when you go to save a different club to a save slot (eg saving a Leeds save into a slot already holding a Chelsea save).  The amount of times I’ve overwritten a long running save 😯

42 minutes ago, URz said:

For me a really trivial and simple things would be an additional warning when you go to save a different club to a save slot (eg saving a Leeds save into a slot already holding a Chelsea save).  The amount of times I’ve overwritten a long running save 😯

More save slots would be hugely essential.

Cracking write up @Nucleus glad i could contribute 👍

Edited by Woody
44 minutes ago, URz said:

Yes, that’s happened to me many a time too 😢 I’m happy with how many save slots we have to be honest, especially as I’m on iOS so I have the four extra cloud save slots. The ability to name saves would be hugely beneficial to me though.

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

More save slots would be hugely essential.

Cracking write up @Nucleus glad i could contribute 👍

Thanks for some decent ideas mate 👍🏻

Great work @Nucleus and everyone who had input.

YES PLEASE to:

• Kit numbers: They'd be great! A small touch, but would make it more personal and real.
  • Ref Stats: Wonderful idea, I remember this from the full game at some point in the distant past and it was good.
  • Replays: This is a no brainer to me. They already calculate the entire half (or whatever's left after a change) and then simply play through that. I just want to go back a few steps and watch them again. 
  • Optional Hard save: would be great for challenges here on Vibe and also act as a Hard Mode for other players who get tempted / bored too easily. 

NO THANKS to:

• 3D Engine: It would take them years and years to get it right and all the effort would go into that and not the more important areas of the game. Also, I quite like the current 2D visuals. They fit this game. I'd much rather have them improve the match engine with the current visuals.
  • Stadium Creator: I used to love this with some of the games I used to play back in the day, along with deciding how much to charge for hotdogs and beer, etc, but... It's not FMM/FMH/FM/CM... It doesn't really belong in this game.

PROBABLY NO to:

• Press conferences: Not if they were just repetitive. Haven't seen what the full game does, but I imagine it would be repetitive. The only way this feature would work is if they were very occasional and had loads of different stuff in there: mind games with opponents, come join us pleas to players, relationship with fans (but then you'd have to have a better system for that), other managers (ditto) and the board (including investment into the team), your own reputation, how likely referees were to card your team, affect on contract extensions, affect training effort, etc, etc. If they did it really well, it would be great. But it likely would be repetitive and in the way.

Anyway, lots of food for thought, great work! 😄

4 hours ago, URz said:

Yeah, that would be good. Maybe if we could lock saves so they couldn't be overwritten without being unlocked.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

YES PLEASE to:

• Kit numbers: They'd be great! A small touch, but would make it more personal and real.
  • Ref Stats: Wonderful idea, I remember this from the full game at some point in the distant past and it was good.
  • Replays: This is a no brainer to me. They already calculate the entire half (or whatever's left after a change) and then simply play through that. I just want to go back a few steps and watch them again. 
  • Optional Hard save: would be great for challenges here on Vibe and also act as a Hard Mode for other players who get tempted / bored too easily. 

NO THANKS to:

• 3D Engine: It would take them years and years to get it right and all the effort would go into that and not the more important areas of the game. Also, I quite like the current 2D visuals. They fit this game. I'd much rather have them improve the match engine with the current visuals.
  • Stadium Creator: I used to love this with some of the games I used to play back in the day, along with deciding how much to charge for hotdogs and beer, etc, but... It's not FMM/FMH/FM/CM... It doesn't really belong in this game.

PROBABLY NO to:

• Press conferences: Not if they were just repetitive. Haven't seen what the full game does, but I imagine it would be repetitive. The only way this feature would work is if they were very occasional and had loads of different stuff in there: mind games with opponents, come join us pleas to players, relationship with fans (but then you'd have to have a better system for that), other managers (ditto) and the board (including investment into the team), your own reputation, how likely referees were to card your team, affect on contract extensions, affect training effort, etc, etc. If they did it really well, it would be great. But it likely would be repetitive and in the way.

Yup, I agree with most of this especially the hard save feature as it will put a dead stop to the cheating-no cheating argument that keeps on going here. Also as @URz mentioned, anything to save us from overwriting a save would be welcome as I lost one of my challenge saves due to this. 

Lastly, some individual training would do us world of good when we want special focus on one or two players in the team. 

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I just need VAR in my life😂 oh and a kit creator and a sponsorship deal type of thing maximize transferbudget🙌🏻 Hell! I want Sims FMM😍

Sims FMM? "Your star striker is sleeping with your daughter. Fine Him | Transfer List Him | Invite Him Around For BBQ"?

4 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I just need VAR in my life😂 oh and a kit creator and a sponsorship deal type of thing maximize transferbudget🙌🏻 Hell! I want Sims FMM😍

You forgot about being able to set the price of the hotdogs and beer!

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Sims FMM? "Your star striker is sleeping with your daughter. Fine Him | Transfer List Him | Invite Him Around For BBQ"?

Oh dear lord yes! 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

You forgot about being able to set the price of the hotdogs and beer!

Dang it! I knew i forgot something! Oh and i want the option to build a bloody playboy mansion😍

Thanks for the comments lads. There’s only two I’d have from that list. Referee stats and the hard save, kit numbers are ok I guess but so long as I don’t “have” to set them, I won’t 

Hard save is a bit of a forum demographic one though isn’t it? The casual player who doesn’t frequent here won’t give too hoots about it. I guess it depends if we are important enough for them to chuck their resources at what would solve our challenge issues.

42 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Hard save is a bit of a forum demographic one though isn’t it? The casual player who doesn’t frequent here won’t give too hoots about it. I guess it depends if we are important enough for them to chuck their resources at what would solve our challenge issues.

not going to happen

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

Yeah, it's definitely something that would appeal to us, rather than the casual player. That said..

I've seen casual players over on the SIGames forum asking for the game to be harder. This doesn't make the game actually harder, but I have seen other games present a hard save mode as a more difficult mode. To some, the idea that any decision they make or any in game event is irrevocable will be appealing. 

I'm not too hopeful of them ever doing it - I guess it depends how many casual users there are out there who want it harder, but can't help reloading occasionally! 

8 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

What about halftime team talks? 

Could well make an appearance. I’m all for it too, so long as it actually has an effect on the team Performance and isn’t there just for the sake of it.

Some extra options on scouting would be useful. At present all you can choose is Youth and/or geographical regions. It would be a nice simple addition to request the scouts search for a Left Fullback for example.

On 01/10/2018 at 20:05, URz said:

Some extra options on scouting would be useful. At present all you can choose is Youth and/or geographical regions. It would be a nice simple addition to request the scouts search for a Left Fullback for example.

I believe we covered that in our Ideas series which you can read here..

6 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I believe we covered that in our Ideas series which you can read here..

Interesting read @Nucleus. Staff in general is definitely an area for improvement because as someone said in that article, in FMM18 staff are set day 1 and then basically left alone

Tell you what’s getting my goat a lot whilst I play my last career on 18: free kicks. Drives me nuts seeing my main striker taking free kicks from just inside the half way line or the touchline, when all I want is them to stand in the bloody middle and have the option to have my ‘good at crossing’ winger take them. Should be a relatively simple change!

On 28/09/2018 at 02:06, Scratch said:

YES PLEASE to:

NO THANKS to:

PROBABLY NO to:

Agree with all of this. Ref stats is an idea I'd never considered before, but it's something I think I'd like.

Ref stats would be amazing, same as kit numbers. For example, my own club Feyenoord has shirt number 12 dedicated to it's supporters, so no player will ever get that one, in the game though, one guy on the bench always has to have it.

What I also think would be a great addition is how the fans are. By example, a Man City stadium may be filled, but fans are dead silent and not very fanatic. It would be interesting considering fanatic fans actually give you a boost when playing at home, making an away game at Anfield harder than an away game at the Etihad.

7 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Ref stats would be amazing, same as kit numbers. For example, my own club Feyenoord has shirt number 12 dedicated to it's supporters, so no player will ever get that one, in the game though, one guy on the bench always has to have it.

What I also think would be a great addition is how the fans are. By example, a Man City stadium may be filled, but fans are dead silent and not very fanatic. It would be interesting considering fanatic fans actually give you a boost when playing at home, making an away game at Anfield harder than an away game at the Etihad.

Any stats would be amazing to be honest! Be it ref stats or pass completion percentages of players, how many Aerial battles a certain player has won over the season etc. Anything basically!

I like the idea of the home/away thing, but it would probably be asking quite a bit from the devs. That would more than likely mean every club having a unique “supporters reputation”. All the same it would be a nice addition 

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Any stats would be amazing to be honest! Be it ref stats or pass completion percentages of players, how many Aerial battles a certain player has won over the season etc. Anything basically!

I like the idea of the home/away thing, but it would probably be asking quite a bit from the devs. That would more than likely mean every club having a unique “supporters reputation”. All the same it would be a nice addition 

Everything stat related is awesome! Even when you have player stats, like you said aerial winners and such, you could make sure to make some changes to your starting 11. 

Man-marking would also be a great addition in this case. Let's say you play against a team with Giroud, who's a strong header of the ball, you could put Van Dijk to man-mark him, instead of the smaller defender next to him. It gives you a great option to control the game tactically.

4 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Everything stat related is awesome! Even when you have player stats, like you said aerial winners and such, you could make sure to make some changes to your starting 11. 

Man-marking would also be a great addition in this case. Let's say you play against a team with Giroud, who's a strong header of the ball, you could put Van Dijk to man-mark him, instead of the smaller defender next to him. It gives you a great option to control the game tactically.

Agreed,

Again, anything extra tactics-wise would be amazing. Be that new player roles or new team instructions, or my personal favourite - player instructions! Endless possibilities 😁

8 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Yes please.