Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Starting in the US

Joewins

I haven’t been on here for a while so I am going to assume this is common knowledge and I’ve just missed it but... 

does any(every)one else start any game with USA start date but a European league? You get a starting budget in January and a another in June, all loan players are returned before a match is played and, if you are a doing a 1k for example your player gets 8 months of straight training. As an example try it with geubbles, his stats go through the roof for the start of the season compared to a normal start.

Hmm, I tried it in one of the CC rounds recently (after clearing it with @samhardy and I didn't play any of the returned loanees), but it didn't really seem to help - at least in that scenario. 

My player got a big boost soon after joining the club (ie in the first few weeks) but then after than he didn't really improve any. I think he would have got the same boost at the start of the normal season. Ie the boost was due to moving to a big club and great coaches, rather than the training). Once he started playing games he started improving again.

Mind you, he was in his mid 20s (still with room to improve, but not as much as a youngster). Maybe a younger player would improve more? At least that seems to be what happened for you. So sounds like a good idea for a 1KC...

To offset that however (if you're not doing a 1KC where that's super important), the older players did seem to age during the 8 months. So any 30+ players in your squad are likely to lose a step or two. 

It's an interesting concept anyway. Not sure if others have played with it or not

Edited by Scratch