Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Sarriball FMM 2018

futhazardous

Chelsea have sacked their manager once again, and they have hired another Italian manager. Ancelotti, Di Matteo, Conte... and now Maurizio Sarri. He hasn't won any trophies in his life as a manager and he's 70 years old. But there is something special in him for Chelsea fans, something very special: SARRIBALL

I've studied Sarriball for a few months and have decided to try it in FMM 2018. I have only tried it in 2 saves (1 season and 1.5 seasons). It's been very effective and players from all positions are scoring tons of goals. I decided to share it with you guys. Maybe someone else has already done this but I'd like to share my experience.

After the disastrous 2015-16 and 2017-18 seasons the fans feel they finally have a manager who will entertain them despite having no successes in his past career. After a very long time they can finally enjoy the football they could only dream of when watching Liverpool and Manchester City under Conte. And Sarriball has made a great first impression by not losing a single match 7 games into the season.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City, I know, attacking football and stuff. But each one is unique, now we will go through each position and its role and other tactics after that.

image.thumb.png.96f4b4b75e0333895904437ccaebd4ef.png

Goalkeeper: Let's start from the very back, this is also where Sarriball starts. We want a keeper with good Passing/Kicking. You can use a Sweeper Keeper if you wish. I bought Pickford who has great kicking and passing. I couldn't stand seeing that 'SNAKE' on there. Sold him for 70m to Sporting :) Some good players for this position are: MATS, Oblak and Pickford

Full-backs: Irl Chelsea have Alonso on the left who has been contributing in many attacks as a left-back. Azpi on the right playing more defensive to stop counter-attacks. It doesn't matter if you have the WB on the left or right, you can even make both sides a WB if you wish but problems may occur. I sometimes like using a DFB (Rudiger) when playing vs speedy attackers. I have Chilwell and Henrichs in the picture but I also have Emerson and Carvajal who are both injured for now. For the WB you should look for Pace/Stamina/Crossing and other attack skills would be great. For the more defensive full-back Positioning/Tackling. 

Center-Backs: This position is not that different from other tactics. Just grab a good CB and play him. BUT you might need to choose players who can stop counter attacks as you will be attacking a lot. Pace/Positioning/Decisions are vital skills.

Defensive-Midfielder: No, it's really not defensive. I have had many problems in defence because of the ability of the player in this role. Jorginho had around 18 assists from here in my first season but he was very poor defensively and I had to use Kante as a B2B in CM. I have Fosu Mensah in this screenshot but I mostly use Diawara instead. Fosu Mensah is better defensively so I'm trying him out for now. This position is similar to a regista, it's where all the passes go through. I've had Jorginho make 80 passes from this position in one game. Watch out for Passing/Decisions/Creativity/Teamwork for this role. Jorginho, Diawara, Fosu-Mensah, Fabregas (Doesn't play DM but is very effective here) are some good players.

Center Midfielders: Both CMs can be used as advanced playmakers. But as I mentioned earlier, I sometimes use Kante as a Box to Box midfielder in CM because the DLP doesn't do enough defensively. I would like high Dribbling/Pace/Passing skills for my CMs. Again I have Van de Beek and Renato Sanches who are great but I mostly use Barkley:

image.thumb.png.06e55ab3a3f964af6ec36eb2d34002fe.png

26 goals in 51 games as a CM!!! A goal every 2 games in his whole Chelsea career. Better than Hazard :P 

Wingers: Hazard <3 Just get this guy and you don't need anything else. I play both wingers as Inside Forwards, but in Sarriball one of them usually plays as a Winger. Making runs to long passes from David Luiz and Jorginho. Bailey is probably the fastest improving player in the game. He greened all his skills in a few months. Just like the CB, the wingers' skills or roles don't make much of a difference.

Zola: He is the best in Europe right now, but he can still improve

image.thumb.png.854b5a8d76588e31925513ab6b7ea185.png

He got injured for a month twice last season, but at least he hit 20 goals, and halfway through this season he has 20+ goals and 20+ assists already. 43 G+A in 29 games. 

Striker: Last but definitely not least as we know from Chelsea. I like to play the striker with whatever role the player likes. The strikers job is to score goals and it doesn't matter how he does it

image.thumb.png.a43ad4171c8f8fa56961c1d1f212ed67.png

Morata, 49 goals? Ahahahahahahahahaha

Anyways, let's move on. 

image.thumb.png.5abe67923be72dcfbff567c146ee528f.png

Team Mentaility: Attacking, what else? It's SARRIBALL!!!

Width: Balanced, tryna keep possession while keeping some width. 

Tempo: Normal, I sometimes switch to slow to keep possession.

Creative Freedom: Balanced, I don't want my wing-back to wander off to RW while going forward.

image.thumb.png.4379df6a88c28403ba63a4861ceea492.png

Defensive Line: High, gotta support the attack as much as we can. Switch to balanced when playing safer.

Closing Down: All over, gotta press high upfront and win the ball. You won't believe how many goals Morata has scored with just taking the ball from the defenders.

Tackling: Normal, with the defence so high it'd be dangerous to concede a foul. Higher risk of red cards. And too cautious might cost many goals.

Offside trap: With the full backs so high up, I always concede through balls and usually concede goals like this.

image.thumb.png.64360ce7135c9a2d8b613beb802c33dd.png

Final Third: Look for overlap, especially with a winger like Hazard who roams freely we want our wing backs to push up the wing; work into box, the short, one-touch passing beauty of Sarriball kicks in.

Passing Style: Short, One touch short passing like I just said

Passing focus: Mixed, The attack starts through Jorginho (Center) but then switches to the wingers and wing backs.

GK distribution: Short, we wanna play it out the back and I have super short midfielders who have weak aerial skills.

This is is all of the Sarriball tactics, hopefully it pays off for you like it did for me and Sarri. I posted Hazard, Morata stats. Now here are some more screenshots to finish with.

MORATA FORMimage.thumb.png.94438a6c80ac41ff5eb080f793162be9.png

END OF SEASON PIC 1

- Won Premier Division

- Won FA Cup

- Won Carabao Cup

- Won Community Shield

- Won Champions Cup

Note: I only lost 1 game all year to PSG in the second leg of an ECC match but I won in aggregate

image.thumb.png.230a1b5bb6ddfdf545bf1d954d54cacd.png

END OF SEASON PIC 2image.thumb.png.246d63ca7027d3b7cbb7b1c76298c5f8.png

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

image.thumb.png.1c063389c7064ec2ea0fcc65a290ab12.png

TOP SCORERS

image.thumb.png.b0769d11cbb576102fa1dc92a74b6ca4.png

Sarri: I just want to have fun, to play beautiful football. The rest comes after that

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

1 minute ago, futhazardous said:

I don't get it

Which match engine is this for, the Original Match Engine or the Enhanced Match Engine. If you don't know post a match screenshot and I'll let you know. 

Looks a solid tactic mate, nice work. 

Spoiler

Many of us wanna try this formation.. U posted and we got interested.. But when we ask u something u just went missing.. Hais.. Hopefully u reply soon.. I also want to try this formation.. Just post a match screen shot mate.. Hope to hear from u soon.. 

On October 2, 2018 at 08:35, panjalakuruchi said:
  Hide contents

Many of us wanna try this formation.. U posted and we got interested.. But when we ask u something u just went missing.. Hais.. Hopefully u reply soon.. I also want to try this formation.. Just post a match screen shot mate.. Hope to hear from u soon.. 

Sorry guys, am a little busy with school on weekdays, it's the enchanted match engine. But can someone tell me what the difference is between EME and OME because when I create a new game I just out eme not sure what it is

On October 2, 2018 at 00:06, Ashez said:

Which match engine is this for, the Original Match Engine or the Enhanced Match Engine. If you don't know post a match screenshot and I'll let you know. 

Looks a solid tactic mate, nice work. 

Eme, thanks