Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ja'Makin' This A H2H?! Ashez Vs Prize

Ashez

17 hours ago, Eogtuc0910 said:

C'mon @Ashez i'm backing you

The Horde welcomes you! 

17 hours ago, Nucleus said:

That’s why I switched sides! Come on Panda, I want blood, tears and everything in between 😛

That's just mean :(

17 hours ago, URz said:

Dont’t you go blaming Hector there 😜

Looking forward to the final half of the season - still all to play for!

He's done okay considering I suppose 😛

16 hours ago, Foxy said:

I’m not losing faith there is still plenty of pts to play for.

That's the spirit!

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

I got ya! 

Gonna eat you up clown @Ashez!

Ewww..........No need. 

Put me down on team Late Dodos! Either that or ....

Spoiler

the Horde, Team Ashez!

Great to see two heavyweights going at it and it's shaping up nicely. Anything can happen from here, but I gotta say that I've found that 2018 doesn't really give goalkeepers high ratings... Hope that doesn't hinder Ashez too much. 

Ja'Makin' This a H2H - The Pheasant brood's final update

What is up Vibe! It's time for a new update :) Now with @Ashez his update you can understand i went in to the final part of the season feeling pretty comfortable. To refresh your mind

Current Score

Prize - 74.61 
Ashez - 70.23

A small lead but i take it :)

Now let's see if i can make the Pheasant brood proud!

The League

Spoiler

HCB7ANp.png

Dropped another 4 points in the season which i wasn't happy about :(  but all in all a impressive goal difference and winning the league by a landslide makes me happy.

The Dutch Cup

Spoiler

stfpD90.jpg
This was to be expected but seeing Birdie Hector on the score sheet is very pleasing :D  Full points here!

Champions league

Spoiler

fLHhtO3.jpg

We won it!!! With Dane Kelly getting a brace! This new tactic is really working :D  We left our birdies winning the group phase and before we faced Sporting we kicked fellow portuges club FCP out of the cup, followed by Sevilla and a close call with Chelsea. Great run :D  Good luck with that one @Ashez

The main events - my little birdies

Dane Kelly

TeIBVya.png

hcVvtem.png

Dane dropped a few points, but with a goal per game he delivered!

Simon Dawkins

RULBnRG.png

4mPWBQV.png

Simon didn't really have a good season :O Injuries and knocks kept him from being decisive on the midfield and this is reflected in his AvG which dropped :O 

Michael Hector

uLp1FJZ.png

RePvmgd.png

The only one of the 3 little birdies to actually improve is AvG rating. What a solid defender!

Current H2H score

So where does this leave us? Well this is the virtual score for now

Spoiler

Prize - 158,36 (74.61 at 1st of january) 
Ashez - 70.23

Concluding

Well that's it for now and thank you for reading my imminent victory over @Ashez and his pigeons.  Let us know in the comments, does the oldtimer have what it takes to surpass this score? Or did the rating drop of Kelly and Dawkins cost us the H2H title?

Cheers PriZe

With 21 minutes gone in the Cup Final, the main man scores 😎

Amazing Ajax season there PriZe 👏  .... but will Dawkins av. rating be enough?

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

Ja'Makin' This a H2H - The Pheasant brood's final update

What is up Vibe! It's time for a new update :) Now with @Ashez his update you can understand i went in to the final part of the season feeling pretty comfortable. To refresh your mind

Current Score

Prize - 74.61 
Ashez - 70.23

A small lead but i take it :)

Now let's see if i can make the Pheasant brood proud!

The League

Reveal hidden contents

HCB7ANp.png

Dropped another 4 points in the season which i wasn't happy about :(  but all in all a impressive goal difference and winning the league by a landslide makes me happy.

The Dutch Cup

Reveal hidden contents

stfpD90.jpg
This was to be expected but seeing Birdie Hector on the score sheet is very pleasing :D  Full points here!

Champions league

Reveal hidden contents

fLHhtO3.jpg

We won it!!! With Dane Kelly getting a brace! This new tactic is really working :D  We left our birdies winning the group phase and before we faced Sporting we kicked fellow portuges club FCP out of the cup, followed by Sevilla and a close call with Chelsea. Great run :D  Good luck with that one @Ashez

The main events - my little birdies

Dane Kelly

TeIBVya.png

hcVvtem.png

Dane dropped a few points, but with a goal per game he delivered!

Simon Dawkins

RULBnRG.png

4mPWBQV.png

Simon didn't really have a good season :O Injuries and knocks kept him from being decisive on the midfield and this is reflected in his AvG which dropped :O 

Michael Hector

uLp1FJZ.png

RePvmgd.png

The only one of the 3 little birdies to actually improve is AvG rating. What a solid defender!

Current H2H score

So where does this leave us? Well this is the virtual score for now

Reveal hidden contents

Prize - 158,36 (74.61 at 1st of january) 
Ashez - 70.23

Concluding

Well that's it for now and thank you for reading my imminent victory over @Ashez and his pigeons.  Let us know in the comments, does the oldtimer have what it takes to surpass this score? Or did the rating drop of Kelly and Dawkins cost us the H2H title?

Cheers PriZe

Fantastic score mate ;) will it be enough to beat @Ashez? I'm sure it is :P

47 minutes ago, URz said:

With 21 minutes gone in the Cup Final, the main man scores 😎

Amazing Ajax season there PriZe 👏  .... but will Dawkins av. rating be enough?

Thanks buddy! I don't know... he might be the one that screws me over :laugh:

25 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Fantastic score mate ;) will it be enough to beat @Ashez? I'm sure it is :P

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D 

Ja'Makin' This A H2H?
The Crows Horde

Prize produced an excellent season winning the triple which is no easy accomplishment so let's see if I can over come this incredible score, or if I just manage to entertain the viewers for the five minutes it takes to read this update. 

The Champions League

The First Round - Manchester United

DddCxaP.jpg
FaYdZip.jpg

Manchester United could have been a tricky tie for my three little birdies but they delivered the goods in style. 

Quarter Final - Manchester City

The quarter final saw us paired with a Manchester club again as this time we take on City. 

The First Leg

ogBb8go.jpg

What a performance by the boys as they put City to the sword! 

The Second Leg

Having a commanding lead I was unsure how to approach this match so I limited my attacking output somewhat as I tried a possession based approach, kind of a hybrid of the Tiki-Taka and Gegenpress tactic. 

The Seventh Minute

FnM3IwK.jpg

Our Icelandic wizard is hacked down gifting us a wonderful early opportunity. 

kgn5wrQ.jpg

A good looking ball approaches the cluster, who's getting on the end of it!

PwGgYO7.jpg

KVD somehow volleys my cross! It's okay though, we have people back who can defend this!

fUarwIo.jpg

Or not as KDB performs the perfect vollied clearance that finds the corner of my net! Are you ******* kidding me? What utter horse ****. Who hasn't seen a defensive vollied clearance fly in the goal at the other end of the pitch before?

I've never been so enraged in all my FMM days, this is complete BS. Look at distance KDB travels after the volley compared to my keeper! And that's not even considering the absolute joke of a shot he took. 

The Final Score

l6mlTgK.jpg

KDB's BS was the start of a horrible match for my lads. When the AI can score from every opportunity what's the point. Maybe I took the wrong approach and invited them on to me but it worked for 84 mins then the game was like nope not today. That final winning strike by Silva was a dagger in the heart. I've never felt so screwed before. Wonder goals and my system falling apart in the dying seconds was too much to take. Livid and gutted lads. 

The League Cup

Semi Final

p5SMMtE.jpg

At this point what can I say? What more can I do? 

My Attempt Is Over

At this point I knew I'd lost, the league cup was a must win title due to the bonus points and I expected Prize to claim it, so once that vanished the Champions League became my priority and we've seen how that ended. Thankfully Prize won both so it's a bit of a non issue but I feel somewhat miffed lol. While I knew my attempt was dead I had the courtesy to finish the season but i can't say my heart was in it. 

The League

8eeyLew.jpg

I dropped more points than I'd have liked, mainly because I knew I was facing Prize but all in all I was content with the season. 

Dropped Points

Spoiler

VU5Ko4m.jpg

Not too bad tbh. 

SwSLNY5.jpg

Slightly more aggravating

DEpXQAU.jpg

So my one RB gets injured and my replacement is sent off, thanks. What until you see The next match

10Lkz9v.jpg

In a two match spell I lost three RBs, some coincidence right? Right?

j0g979z.jpg

FzQmtBk.jpg

Sure

I'm really not as bitter as I appear as I know this is a part of the game but yikes it piled it on me during this save. It does maker it harder to take though when you know every point counts. 

The Main Event
My Three Little Birds

Michael Hector
Stats

D9UPUFN.jpg

Results

xXGVhdg.jpg

Solid as a rock. 

Alvas Powell
Stats

NXp8xP8.jpg

Disappointed he didn't improve much

Results

G2pPjiy.jpg

He had a stellar season though but I am slightly miffed, I'll assume his yellow card count is to blame. 

Andre Blake
Stats

HVr4Vk4.jpg

Results

wjeXDWa.jpg

Those averages don't even make sense, he concedes loads in CL yet gets a good rating, he's a machine in the league yet gets a poor one. Thanks game. 

Team Performance

Spoiler

pkPfMrr.jpg

They were so much fun to use!

Final Score

Prize - HT: 74.61 FT: 158.36
Ashez - HT: 70.23 FT: 108.16

The bonus points killed me but Prize still would have beaten me thanks to his impressive league campaign (118.36>108.16). When you take on the best you do all you can and while I think things didn't go my way I'm happy with this score and I wouldn't say I embarrassed myself. In hindsight I put way too much point value in the cups when I created the challenge as missing them basically kills your attempt so lesson learned. 

I apologize to my Crows Horde but I congratulate the Pheasants Brood as on this occasion you rule the roost! Congratulations @PriZe.

Edited by Ashez
5 hours ago, Foxy said:

Hard luck @Ashez but it was a valiant attempt and if anyone doubts his anger over that KDB goal don’t he was raging for days about it 😂

Congratulations @PriZe on another H2H scalp and an excellent challenge score.

You did face the bulk of my anger tbf 😛

5 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I thought that KDB volley for the ages was familiar! 😂

Congrats @PriZe a great score dude, commiserations @Ashez you just proved I was right to jump ship 😛

It's about the journey, when I come back from this set back it'll mean more to the die hard horde! 

5 hours ago, Titjes said:

@PriZe FTW!! ;)

Hmm

4 hours ago, Woody said:

That KDB goal though! That is utter shit on you @Ashez.

Unlucky fella...well done @PriZe

There is being FMM'd then there is that! 

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You did face the bulk of my anger tbf 😛

It's about the journey, when I come back from this set back it'll mean more to the die hard horde! 

Hmm

There is being FMM'd then there is that! 

i have never seen anything like it....the game just saw you coming mate!

23 minutes ago, Woody said:

i have never seen anything like it....the game just saw you coming mate!

I could have accepted a freak goal from distance but scoring a defensive clearance from 105 yards takes the piss lol. 

On the original viewing I was like wtf happened there and thankfully I managed to save the match before rage quitting. Watching it back I was just in disbelief. 

tumblr_oey6fcq9j71ultyueo1_r1_500.gif

Owwww yeaaaaaaah😎 I’m really happy to see that without the Cup bonus i still would have won. It means a lot winning against @Ashez i also believe the score without the cups does the H2H more justice. I can only imagine the frustration :O 

Last but not least thanks for all the support guys🙌🏻🤟🏻

That being said.... OH YEAH CHAMPAGNE PAPI🙌🏻👌🏻

9 minutes ago, PriZe said:

tumblr_oey6fcq9j71ultyueo1_r1_500.gif

Owwww yeaaaaaaah😎 I’m really happy to see that without the Cup bonus i still would have won. It means a lot winning against @Ashez i also believe the score without the cups does the H2H more justice. I can only imagine the frustration :O 

Last but not least thanks for all the support guys🙌🏻🤟🏻

That being said.... OH YEAH CHAMPAGNE PAPI🙌🏻👌🏻

gif stealer! 😡

11 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I’ll use it again when i beat you👊🏻

I thought it was champagne you were drinking, not Stella 😂

Following intense negotiations between @Ashez and myself, FoxyTV Sports is delighted to bring the live coverage of KDB scoring what is already being called the goal of the century by the hype department at FoxyTV Sports.

20181013_204924.gif.f02797fcbad0830edb427466a8a61e77.gif

15 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Following intense negotiations between @Ashez and myself, FoxyTV Sports is delighted to bring the live coverage of KDB scoring what is already being called the goal of the century by the hype department at FoxyTV Sports.

20181013_204924.gif.f02797fcbad0830edb427466a8a61e77.gif

I peticularly like the the 'Man City hit Ajax on the Break' quote 😂😂😂

Geek Corner

Welcome to FMM geek corner where I'll look at something stupid that no-one else would think about just for shits and giggles. You may be wondering why today's edition is appearing in this career thread and the answer to that question is this goal of the decade contender by KDB. 

@Foxy peaked my interests by mentioning the ridiculous speed of this perfect volley and it instantly crossed my mind that we could indeed work it out. You see to calculate speed you need a distance and a time value for the equation and in this case FMM provides both. The in game text states this wonder goal was from 105 yards while with a stop watch we can calculate the length of time it takes to hit the back of the net after leaving the Belgium's boot (on the slowest engine speed)

The Calculation

Distance - 105 Yards
Time To Cover Said Distance - 1.7 Seconds
Average Speed Of Shot = 126.3368 Mph

KDB's volley travelled at an average speed of 126 miles per hour! That's some strike considering he was making a defensive clearance! 

Is this result within reason though? Is the balls travelling speed something SI have thought about? Are we in dream land or is this within reality? Let's take a look. 

According to various Google searches the fastest goal in recorded history is Ronny Heberson's thunderbolt for Sporting Lisbon in 2006 which clocked in at a remarkable 131 Mph.

I was actually surprised to see KDB's volley was within reason upon this discovery in truth. However it does appear a lot of the other fastest goals speeds are closer to 90/100 Mph. 

What about strikes taken on the volley and not from dead ball situations? Well thankfully the previous record holder David Hirst has this banger clocking in at 113 Mph. Unfortunately it didn't find the net but it's some powerful strike. 

Conclusion

The shots power is within reason but pretty unrealistic considering the type of shot it was, however I'm satisfied that the result is in the realm of reality as I expected to discover something ridiculous. Does this mean shot speed is a thing in the EME? I have no idea as like I said I've done this purely for the shits and giggles. 

Class dismissed. 

Oh man, that's gutting. Still as a Newcastle supporter I'm used to being on the losing team. 😭

That goal is something else. I had one of my players score a 105 yard goal and it was a great feeling - I can only imagine what it would be like to be on the receiving end of it though. I've never seen the AI do it before, but I've done it twice (one 105 and the other 95 I think) and I've seen others do it. 

Anyway, congratz @PriZe and commiserations @Ashez (you'll bounce back next time).