Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

FMM19: Who to Manage

Title.png.aeff7350e7d3704232ffeecc48c5abdc.png

With Football Manager Mobile 2019 only a few weeks away all our thoughts are turning to who we will manage in our very first save. Many people will have a club they always do there first save with whether it is the club they support or another team that has become there traditional first save club, I like to start with my own club Oxford Utd and on FMM19 it will be no different. This is so I can check out there squad whilst I get to grips with the new game and test out tactics before I embark on my first “proper” save.

I have compiled a list of 5 options that I think would make for a good save in this years game but it should be noted that this was written before having any information as to whether any new leagues have been added to the game this year. 

image.png.953567b80ad839e5ed26837666385a8a.png

Team: 1860 Munich

Nickname: The Lions

Division: German 3rd Division

Stadium: Stadion an der Grünwalder Straße 

Capacity: 15,000

image.png.53a8f3176f657f7fea02e057cbbe20e8.png

1860 Munich were one of the founding members of the Bundesliga in 1963 and three years later they won there one and only title but in recent years they have been in decline so your job is to see if you can get them back to there mid 60’s peak.

They haven’t played in the top flight since the 2003/04 season and having spent 13 years in the 2.Bundesliga they suffered relegation to what should have been the 3rd division but worse was to come when investor Hassan Ismaik decided he wouldn’t pay the fees that would allow the club the necessary license to play in the 3rd division for the 2017/18 season. This resulted in them actually being relegated 2 levels instead of 1 to the 4th tier Regionaliga Bayern division. Last season they won promotion back to the 3rd tier and you now have the chance to manage them again and take them back up the divisions and in time see if you can surpass there noisy city neighbours.

image.png.08bf886d80e72eb094cb045f776d3d5f.png

Star Player: Tough tackling midfielder Quirin Moll will be a key man as you attempt to win promotion at the first attempt.

image.png.9e274bef6375285e66f02b7de5e96e9d.png

Team: Sunderland

Nickname: The Black Cats

Division: English League 1

Stadium: The Stadium of Light

Capacity: 48.707

image.png.4995e6089e78c579898947c03a8492c9.png

Last season after years of mismanagement off the pitch and fair bit on it as well Sunderland dropped into the 3rd tier for the first time since the 1987/88 season. Sunderland are one of England’s traditional big clubs having spent the majority of their existence in the top flight including 6 league titles and although the last came in 1935/36 season only 5 clubs have won more. Their last trophy came in 1973 when legendary manager Bob Stokoe lead the then 2nd division club to FA Cup glory by beating Leeds Utd in the final 1-0. There last final came in 2014 when they lost 3-1 to Manchester City in the League Cup Final at Wembley. Now under new ownership a more positive atmosphere now surrounds the club so can you take them back to glory?

Expectations will be high but everything is in place at the club to be successful straight away as you are by far the biggest club in the division, with a huge stadium, good training facilities and the financial clout to get promoted straight away and then build towards getting back in the Premier League.

image.png.d7883fd649dfcf5e751f042f9bc04390.png

Star Man: Not that I am biased at all by picking an Oxford cult hero but versatile and combative attacking midfielder Chris Maguire will be a key player for you as you look to meet expectations and win the division in season 1.

image.png.3f0ea0ff30f02fd75e3a08ef02963c0e.png

Team: Hereford

Nickname: The Bulls

Division: National League North

Stadium: Edgar Street

Capacity: 4,913

image.png.0b7b04cb328c178f6908fbe19034c270.png

Hereford FC were formed in 2014 after the original Hereford Utd went out of business and as a new club they had to start in the 9th tier of English football in the Midland League Premier Division competing against clubs such as Leamington Hibernian and Alvis Sporting Club who they beat to the title at there first attempt. This earned them promotion to the Southern League South and West which they won and then last season they won the Southern League Premier Division meaning they will compete in the National League North this year and more importantly be available to manage in FMM19.

Although they are new at this level Hereford are a club with ambitions and with average gates of 2.600 they can claim they should be playing at least a league higher if not even playing in League 2 so it is your job to make those dreams come true but with former league clubs like Stockport, York and Chester in their division competition for promotion will be fierce.

image.png.e00f032efdd4dbbcfabf93e410915367.png

Star Man: Former Bristol Rovers midfielder Eliot Richards was an important player for Hereford last season and despite the step up in leagues I’m sure the playmaker will be just as important this season.

image.png.2b4cd9ddc6e7f3fb8948a197c0d19d68.png

Team: LA Galaxy

Nickname: Galaxy

Division: MLS

Stadium: StubHub Center

Capacity: 27,000

image.png.c63da38e1fb880e1df1ab4b6b45dca7b.png

With MLS being a new league in FMM last year managing a club there this year might not be your first choice but then you would be forgetting one thing, Zlatan plays there!

LA Galaxy were formed in 1994 meaning they have played in every MLS season and they are one of the league’s most successful clubs with 5 MLS Cups, 4 Supporters Shields and 2 US FA Cups but they haven’t won the MLS Cup since 2014 and in the 2017 season they “won” the dubious honour of the MLS wooden spoon for being the leagues worst team. This gives you plenty to build on and with Zlatan upfront and few other famous faces as well with Ashley Cole, and the Dos Santos brothers on the books as well there is the basis of a  team to build on.

The MLS isn’t a league with a huge amount of depth as it lacks relegation and the North American Champions League isn’t a great competition either but it’s certainly fun for a few seasons and giving Zlatan one last hurrah has to be an attraction to.

image.png.1c6f868335a02744ce5600dad7bd0ea7.png

Star Man: No contest here as it has to be the talismanic Swede, Zlatan all day long.

image.png.101a5d8c65a1dfd1b117debf25319857.png

Team: Random button

What a cop out I hear you cry! Well bear with me and I will explain.

FMM is full of loads of great clubs that would make a really satisfying save so why not let the game pick a club for you. I often see on here or other social media people asking what club they should manage and I think the game is more then willing to choose a club for you and you might just find a team that you know very little about but they become a firm favourite for you. I think the best way to do this is too pick 4 nations (assuming that is still the max in FMM19) and the divisions you want to go down to or that your device can handle and then just hit that random button on the club selection screen and away you go. To make it more of a random choice why not select nations that you have never managed in before or you have very little knowledge about and you could really get a new experience from the game. This will also lead you to look for different players to sign as the usual guys you go for may not be in the DB or you simply can’t sign for the club you are managing.

A similar option to this is to simply not choose a club and start unemployed then apply for the available jobs at the start or wait for clubs to start sacking managers and see who offers you the job. This has the added element of difficulty as if a manager has left a club it is usually because they aren’t performing and it will be your job to come in a try and turn the form around and often after the transfer window has closed so you will have a period of time that you will not be able to bring in the players that you feel could help the squad straight away.

image.png.836a7fab0c7ea5edd35571f30233001e.png

More FMM19 screenshots can be found by clicking here.

I hope I have given you a few ideas of clubs that you could manage this year but what I would really like to hear from you all is who you plan to start a save with on the 2nd Nov when you have downloaded the game.

Cheers lads

Good article especially with the inclusion of Sunderland and the sexy Scottish shithouse Maguire.

I actually think we could be a good 1KC starting club on 19 as a couple of seasons in the lower leagues with an easy first season will be a head start. His Majasty already at the club so could be a possibility.

Interesting list Foxy!

14 hours ago, samhardy said:

Good article especially with the inclusion of Sunderland and the sexy Scottish shithouse Maguire.

I actually think we could be a good 1KC starting club on 19 as a couple of seasons in the lower leagues with an easy first season will be a head start. His Majasty already at the club so could be a possibility.

Ssh!!!

Great article, except for the inclusion of Sunderland. Although I guess they've earned it by sinking down to League 1... 😐 

I'm toying with starting unemployed. In fact, I'm thinking about creating a challenge around that: Start unemployed, with a reputation of None, with all leagues in England loaded (to give it extra depth) and then see how long it takes you to achieve the status of Superstar Manager. Leaderboard based around the earliest date it is achieved. 

It's a pretty vanilla challenge, but it appeals to me, especially early on when the game may have bugs and updates that would affect a 1KC.

Would anyone else be interested in that if I create it as a challenge?

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Great article, except for the inclusion of Sunderland. Although I guess they've earned it by sinking down to League 1... 😐 

I'm toying with starting unemployed. In fact, I'm thinking about creating a challenge around that: Start unemployed, with a reputation of None, with all leagues in England loaded (to give it extra depth) and then see how long it takes you to achieve the status of Superstar Manager. Leaderboard based around the earliest date it is achieved. 

It's a pretty vanilla challenge, but it appeals to me, especially early on when the game may have bugs and updates that would affect a 1KC.

Would anyone else be interested in that if I create it as a challenge?

Sounds like a good challenge to me and I’m sure other people would take it on if you created it.

15 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Sounds like a good challenge to me and I’m sure other people would take it on if you created it.

Thanks. I guess I'm just worried it is too bland and boring (no twist). 😄 

Will probably go ahead and create it (have already given it some thought). 

20 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Thanks. I guess I'm just worried it is too bland and boring (no twist). 😄 

Will probably go ahead and create it (have already given it some thought). 

I’m not sure every challenge needs to have a twist, I would say fun should come first and this is a good challenge for people that want to play a more standard save and still have a leaderboard to aim for.

I just want something with fun home/away kit colors that aren't your standard red/blue/yellow/black/white.  The best I've found are various combinations of light blue and/or purple and/or orange.  Or to find a pleasing home kit color since all the non-match screens feature it prominently.

10 minutes ago, veerus said:

I just want something with fun home/away kit colors that aren't your standard red/blue/yellow/black/white.  The best I've found are various combinations of light blue and/or purple and/or orange.  Or to find a pleasing home kit color since all the non-match screens feature it prominently.

That's why I wish the kit editor wasn't locked behind the IGE, it would be refreshing to dabble with colour settings during long saves, especially as like you said those colours are used for more than just the kits. 

Great list @Foxy, I’m looking forward to Parma being back in Serie A. I’m also tempted by an A-League save as all the clubs have recruited fairly well. Another temptation is possibility of Usain Bolt being playable in the February update if his mariners journey goes to plan. 

36 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Great list @Foxy, I’m looking forward to Parma being back in Serie A. I’m also tempted by an A-League save as all the clubs have recruited fairly well. Another temptation is possibility of Usain Bolt being playable in the February update if his mariners journey goes to plan. 

What is happening with Bolt as I havent heard anything since he played in that friendly weeks ago?

Does anyone think Peterborough is a great team to manage?good new signings such as Jason naismith and alex woodyard and the team has many young players. 

My recommendations are FulhamPreston North End and Palermo.

Fulham

• FMM Legends paradise, with Mitrovic, Schurrle and Vietto forming a formidable attack. 
  • Alternatively, a home grown challenge is also possible, with Ryan Sessegnon and Matt O'Riley already at the club. Look out for 15-year-old Harvey Elliott.
  • Defence (or lack of) is a boon here, as new managers can just focus on the back four if they wish to recruit.
  • Finally, Fulham have some fun history in Europe. Can you get them to clash with the likes of Juventus and Atletico again?

Preston

• A superb home nations challenge. Darnell Fisher, Josh Earl and Tom Barkhuizen all start at the club.
  • Preston also have significant history as the first-ever Football League champions.

Palermo

• Their crest is amazing. 131491628_1200px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.thumb.png.9acff4e2feb38cd2e243fcfe668f01a8.png
1 hour ago, Seth Anacondas said:

My recommendations are FulhamPreston North End and Palermo.

Fulham

• FMM Legends paradise, with Mitrovic, Schurrle and Vietto forming a formidable attack. 
  • Alternatively, a home grown challenge is also possible, with Ryan Sessegnon and Matt O'Riley already at the club. Look out for 15-year-old Harvey Elliott.
  • Defence (or lack of) is a boon here, as new managers can just focus on the back four if they wish to recruit.
  • Finally, Fulham have some fun history in Europe. Can you get them to clash with the likes of Juventus and Atletico again?

Preston

• A superb home nations challenge. Darnell Fisher, Josh Earl and Tom Barkhuizen all start at the club.
  • Preston also have significant history as the first-ever Football League champions.

Palermo

• Their crest is amazing. 131491628_1200px-US_Citt_di_Palermo_Logo_svg.thumb.png.9acff4e2feb38cd2e243fcfe668f01a8.png

Nice pick of teams, Tom Barkhuizen is a bit of a beast on the quiet.

On 06/10/2018 at 20:31, mustafa58 said:

1)Wigan Athletic -English 

2)Fenerbahçe - Turkey 

3)Sivasspor - Turkey

1) Portsmouth/ England

2) Fenerbahçe/ Turkey Nations Team

3 BB Erzurumspor/  Turkey

Hocam ayrica FMT deb taniyorum sizi vasarilar

On 06/10/2018 at 18:31, mustafa58 said:

1) Wigan Athletic -İngilizce 

2) Fenerbahçe - Türkiye 

3) Sivasspor - Türkiye

Fenerbahçe'yi yönetmek için şu oyunu köpek gibi bekliyorum.

I'm waiting for this game to manage Fenerbahce.

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

İngilizce bir sitemiz var, bu yüzden lütfen sadece ingilizce yazınız.

I am sorry. I am not speak english. And there is no language of football. Football is universal.

On 21/10/2018 at 09:00, mdfb1907 said:

I am sorry. I am not speak english. And there is no language of football. Football is universal.

Yeah but there's a language for this site so people understand. English is (more or less) universal. 

9 minutes ago, veerus said:

Back on topic.  How many of you can read this article and then not want to continue the fairy tale story of Dulwich Hamlet?  I'm tempted myself...

That would make for an interesting save!