Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games FMM 18: The Vibe Shield

PriZe

Vibe Shield Fixtures

We are getting closer and closer to the start! Time to get the predictions started as the fixtures are revealed!

Vibe shield tree.png

This is going to be a tasty semi’s! No time for screw up’s because  you only have on shot at the final!

That being said, thanks for reading, let us know who you think will be the finalist! And as always thank you @Foxy for the graphic👌🏻

Vibe Shield semi-final challenge

o52yZgV.jpg

Welcome all to the first challenge of the Vibe Shield. For our first challenge we will take a closer look at our beloved Club World Cup. For many the Club World Cup was nothing but a mere opportunity to hit some big number for their 1 KC striker, but don’t forget the Club World Cup puts the best against the best!

The Club World Cup started in the 1960 as the Intercontinental Cup before moving over to it’s new format the Club World Cup in 2004.  Thanks for this short historylesson PriZe, but what is the point?

The Clubs

In all those years, their have been two dominant clubs! The Intercontinental Cup was the playground for the once mighty AC Milan, winning 3 times and finishing runner-up 4 times.

And overall Real Madrid have been a dominating force in both competitions winning it 6 times and 2 times runner up.

By now you should know what this means! Even you @Woody;)

@Foxyand @Rob2017 will have the pleasure to enjoy the Italian cuisine as they will take over AC Milan for one season.

That leave @Nucleus and me to feast on Paella and go over to Real Madrid!

The team

A real manager doesn’t only have tactical skills, he also needs to be able to build a squad! Therefore the first thing you will do when joining your club is to demote everyone (if possible) and sell them.  This will leave you with enough money to go nuts on the transfermarket. In any case, none of your original players may be used! 

Rebuild time

The Intercontinental Cup and Club World Cup has seen some exotic clubs in it’s days. And to be more precise , it has seen 21 unique winners and runner ups. And those unique countries will make up your squad.

The list of countries

• argentina
  • Italy
  • Brazil
  • Uruguay
  • Spain
  • Germany
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • England
  • Paraguay
  • Serbia (Yugoslavia)
  • Colombia
  • Scotland
  • Greece
  • Sweden
  • Romania
  • Chile
  • Marocco
  • Japan
  • Congo
  • Ecuador

Your team has to be in place by the end of the first transferwindow.

Point system

• league points
  • Goal difference
  • 3 points for every cup round passed (Domestic + European + Global)

Deadline Friday 19th of October 18:00 UK time

Last but not least, enjoy and have fun! :D

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • To keep things equal all challenges last 1 season and will need to be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Any SI approved database to be used.
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables! If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after eachchallenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • @Foxy and @Rob2017 results to PriZe. @Nucleusand Prize send results to @Ashez
  • Have fun!

Screenshots required

• Squad on the date of the first league match
  • Transfers page on the date of the first league match and end of season
  • Overview of nationalities in team
  •  Manager profile + history
  • Final squad list in order of appearances
  • League table
  •  Round of cup exits

Do you want the screenshot of the squad before the Super Cup game? Or the league game as stated? Silly question I know, but want to make sure

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Do you want the screenshot of the squad before the Super Cup game? Or the league game as stated? Silly question I know, but want to make sure

League game! 

2 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

I submitted mine a few days ago... to @PriZe. Oops?

That's fine, I'm just taking collecting Prize"s tie. As I was asking I thought I'd ask you all. 

The Vibe Shield Semi-Final @Foxy vs @Rob2017 Result

Welcome all to the first Semi-Final result reveal!  Both Foxy and Rob went to the beautiful city of Milan to try and bring them back to glory.

Transfers

If it comes down to managing your wallet then this round would have been won by Foxy as he just spend 190 compaired to Rob who really through around his weight with a spend of 372 mil :O  Is this a sign of further results? Did Foxy go for mediocre players? And as you can expect with the difference in the spent money they didn't have one player in common :O 

The Cup's

Cups cups cups, who doesn't like a good Cup drama? One mistake and your out, and drop out to early, and you might see your competitor run away with a nice point advantage. So let's see if our modest spender (are you Dutch Foxy? Sitting on your money) made Milan proud?

The Italian Cup

And the simple answer is ... 

Screenshot_2018-10-17-22-56-05.png

NO as Foxy brought Milan all the way too the final, but loses it in the 120th minute... Yes... he lost the game in the last minute of the game... I can only imagine it being as gutting as getting a 1000 yard screamer from KDB ( @Ashez)  against and lose your H2H :laugh:  

The big question, could Rob take advantage of this laps in performance?

1009710E-BA9B-497A-BE56-0153BDE19279.png

Well that's a clear awnser, YES, money buys results apparently.

So after the first cup Rob has a small lead over Foxy.

Italian Cup points

Foxy: 9 points

Rob2017: 12 points

The Euro Cup

Nobody screwed up here in the group phase (yeah, i'm surprised as well :O ) and both reached the final! And allthough i asked Foxy for his save i couldn't find anything wrong with his result. But seriously, who knew this club? And they are in the final? :S 

Screenshot_2018-10-17-22-56-12.png

Anyways Foxy managed to win the Euro cup game (just) against a club i still find hard to believe they exist. Now allll the pressure is at Rob. Can he hold on too his lead?

0A7AFD01-6EAC-4CFE-920F-9F940B20DFDF.png

Yeah he can, although he had a rough start. Luckily Messi Jr scores in the 92th minute to give Rob full points!

Euro Cup points

Foxy: 24 points

Rob2017: 24 points

Foxy 33 points vs Rob 36 points giving Rob a lead of just 3 points!

The League

The all important league! If you do it right the basis of your win lies here! So let's see how big spender Rob did?

14811ABB-60CA-4143-B621-08834E285210.png

Well this is like Real Madrid back in the day, spending money doesn't bring you results :O Coming in 2nd in the league, and seriously what's up with the 85 goals against Rob? :O That being said Rob managed to get 110 points from the league.

Over to our resident Fox! Can he do better? Or is he going to lose with just 3,2 or 1 point difference:laugh:

Screenshot_2018-10-17-22-55-53.png

Boom Foxy doesn;t take any prisoners! Winning the league and having a substantial goal difference Foxy nets himself a nice 144 points! Blowing Rob out of the water Who says you need to spend money to get a result? Maybe buy a better keeper @Rob2017?

League points

Foxy: 144

Rob2017: 110

Semi-Final Result 

Foxy takes the win as he beats a Rob with a score of 177 points versus 146 points from Rob. Congrats to @Foxy for being the first Vibe Shield Finalist! And great fight Rob! Better luck next time!

Get in! Looks like my FMM holiday is postponed for another week.

@Rob2017 you did so well getting all that money for your players as I couldn't give a few of the Milan players away.

I thought that cup lose was going to do for me tbh the way it was going so I'm glad my more balanced tactics got me over the line in the end.