Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez & The Hammer Movie Monsters

Ashez

Ashez & The Hammer Movie Monsters

After the creation of the Gegenpress tactic I found myself completely in love with the game again, however after browsing the short challenges on Vibe none really caught my attention (apart from one which will be posted after this). With that in mind I decided to create a nice and simple one season challenge for myself and since it was the start of October when I had these feelings I decided a Halloween based save could be fun, after all a challenge is just an excuse to play. 

Focusing the challenge on nationalities was the easiest concept but it's the one I decided to use, with that in mind I looked up the origins of the original Hammer Movie Monsters being Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and of course the Mummy. Dracula was easy as everyone knows he's from Transylvania/Romania and the Mummy was also easily decided as Egyptian but Frankensein's monster took some digging. Eventually I discovered Frankenstein was born in Italy but moved to Switzerland, however his monster was actually created in Germany so I consider him German. (Another save concept I had was the monster being a German striker and Frankenstein being an Italian, point for every assist for the monster type deal but I wanted a more unique save, feel free to take the idea though). 

With my three targeted nationalities in hand I was in need of a starting club and I had two requirements, a team that fitted the theme and someone I wanted to play as. I also added a third restriction however as I knew the temptation of Salah would be strong so I decided to be a club where he wouldn't be a viable option. Thankfully this decision didn't take long at all as the perfect club came to mind quickly.......

The Club Of Choice

valencia_cf.png

Who else could I be than Valencia with that big ole bat! Now I had a club it was time to get to business and sign up my movie monsters! 

Frankenstein's Monster Version 1

1g1tKpw.jpg

The whole point of this save was to use players I wouldn't usually discover which lead to Kittel. I decided to sign my shadow striker first as it was the position I had the most options for while it's also a hard position to buy for. Kittel appeared a nice little find as his stats were good and he could develop nicely, however I soon discovered his trick or treat. 

Trick Or Treat

IxaOnoA.jpg

Unfortunately Kittel picked up a knock almost instantly which is when I discovered this could be a long term issue. As this is a one season save I don't have time for such issues so he was transfer listed and I returned to the market. 

Frankenstein's Monster Version 2

QVUbMVH.jpg

Didavi was now my monster and he's a nice step up from my original decision. If I remember correctly I knew where my budget was at this point so I had the luxury of being able to spend more on the purchase. Stat wise he looks perfect so hopefully he works out. I do like the irony that it's Frankenstein's monster that caused me the issues with the role being made by two players, oh FMM. 

The Mummy

aCBq5UB.jpg

Egyptian wise you have hardly any attacking options, especially when Salah was ruled out so Sobhi joins the team. I've used him before I think but never as a first team option so I'm looking forward to seeing what we can bring to the table. I was very tempted by one playing in Belgium who's name escapes me but I ended up with Sobhi either way. 

Dracula

J2RXpXv.jpg

With the shadow striker and winger signed it was time to look for an ISF and i was satisfied with my purchase. I've never used Ivan before but he looks a wonderful talent with his pace and decent heading and striking ability. I'll admit I also did appreciate my attacking line up would be Ivan-Didavi-Sobhi.....I dunno what a Sobhi is but I want one :p. 

Transfers

Spoiler

In

EXNPTGM.jpg

I also added a goalkeeper, a ball playing defender and some depth options to the squad. The lad from Arsenal turned out an inspired signing as his versatility made him a quality option on the bench as my midfield and wingbacks would tire. 

Out

yjPJeXZ.jpg
19aGB4o.jpg

It's a one season challenge so I had no problem trimming the squad and selling anyone I didn't need. 

The Points System

League Points +/- GD + Goals & Assists Of The Monsters. 

I'm not going to post this as a challenge thread unless there is a demand for it as it was made for myself, however if others want to get into the Halloween spirit and have their own attempt I will whip up a challenge thread. That is partly why I'm posting this before my other challenge to give you guys the option, if I posted this closer to Halloween who'd care with 2019 around the corner lol. 

Anyway that brings my opening post to an end, hopefully you can get behind the concept and I look forward to any comments it receives, as always thank you for viewing. The January update will be posted in the coming days. 

Edited by Ashez

I remember the name Sobhi from the World Cup and Didavi rings a bell as well but I don’t think I have ever used any of those 3 guys before in a save so it’s going to be interesting to see how they do.

Wasn’t Sobhi dubbed the Egyptian Messi at one stage of his career?

Interesting Challenge mate, look forward to see how you get on

3 hours ago, Woody said:

Love this!

I look forward to see how you do....this could be great for FM19 too.

Thanks, it's just a reason to play tbh lol. I'm happy to make it an official challenge if people want it. 

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

I remember the name Sobhi from the World Cup and Didavi rings a bell as well but I don’t think I have ever used any of those 3 guys before in a save so it’s going to be interesting to see how they do.

Sobhi was hyped when he came to Stoke but I can't say I've seen much of him irl. Didavi I can't say I know anything about but looking him up his record is decent. 

43 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Wasn’t Sobhi dubbed the Egyptian Messi at one stage of his career?

Interesting Challenge mate, look forward to see how you get on

That does ring a bell but his wiki page states he was dubbed the new Mohammed Aboutrika who apparently is one of their best ever players (his wiki is impressive 110 goals in 209). Maybe it was Salah labelled the new Messi?

43 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Great idea this Sir Ashez looking forward to following it

A Sam comment 😮

As always you outdo yourself, of all the Challenges out there, you amaze everyone with a suitably fitting Seasonal challenge for Halloween, I look forward to this, and the following Christmas themed one once completed 😁 👏

10 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

As always you outdo yourself, of all the Challenges out there, you amaze everyone with a suitably fitting Seasonal challenge for Halloween, I look forward to this, and the following Christmas themed one once completed 😁 👏

Thanks, like I've always said anything can be a challenge with the right mindset. 

Erm, sorry @Cockers2505 the Xmas themed challenge was created back in December 😛

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thanks, like I've always said anything can be a challenge with the right mindset. 

Erm, sorry @Cockers2505 the Xmas themed challenge was created back in December 😛

Oh excuuuuuuuuuse me Mr @Ashez, so your next challenge is to Complete the Halloween, Christmas and Easter all at the same time 🤣 🎉

19 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Oh excuuuuuuuuuse me Mr @Ashez, so your next challenge is to Complete the Halloween, Christmas and Easter all at the same time 🤣 🎉

You now have me thinking of challenges for every holiday. 

22 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

What about a rememberance Day Challenge to start FMM19 with, looking forward to this challenge good luck.

I can't say anything respectful or different from a war based one is coming to mind. A early November themed one could be bonfire night if inspiration hits me however. 

2 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

or a Scottish one for St Andrews Day, perhaps you can't spend any money in the challenge.

I'd go with you can only use players from these nationalities while in Scotland

He is the patron saint of Cyprus, Scotland, Greece, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople,[2]San Andres Island (Colombia), Saint Andrew (Barbados) and Tenerife.

Ashez & The Hammer Movie Monsters

The response to the opening post was excellent and pretty surprising but I'm just happy you guys will get on board with daft ideas. Regarding the Bonfire Night challenge I have to admit at this point I've failed to create anything decent, but at least I did create a pretty fun looking Saint Andrews Day one. Anyway that's enough chit chat so let's crack on with what you're here for. 

Formation

YqBUlKg.jpg

A pretty tasty starting eleven in my opinion which I hope will see mine and @Foxy's Gegenpress tactic utilised to it's fullest. 

League 

jgVLtjL.jpg

It would be rude to complain about that start as we're free scoring and defensively solid. 

Fixtures

Spoiler

G3D7dqU.jpg
IXheXMJ.jpg

The two early draws were frustrating after the excellent first match but I'm happy enough. If I was being fussy I could say I was annoyed we destroyed the big teams like both Madrid's, Barcelona and Sevilla yet dropped points in lesser fixtures but that's football for you. 

Injuries

Spoiler

KXnA06S.jpg

Only the one minor one so far thankfully. 

The Movie Monsters

The Mummy
Stats

WrUhVT6.jpg

Not bad but I hoped for a little more in an attacking sense, all in all though not bad for someone wrapped in bandages :p. 

Results

YUnHmIT.jpg

6 in 14 is a decent start for our Egyptian winger. 

Frankenstein's Monster
Stats

Em30zXS.jpg

Monster by name, beast by ability! 

Results

G4FgT67.jpg

More of a goal scoring threat than I expected as the German hits the ground running! 

Dracula
Stats

MrYvrMN.jpg

Those physicals and that shooting :D

Results

peaIg6E.jpg

Those fangs have bite! 

Team Performances

Spoiler

0qoaEFu.jpg
ZJ9Tlvb.jpg

Vietto was a wonderful super sub as the ISF or SS! 

Current Points

League - 46 + 38
Mummy - 1 + 5
Monster - 12 + 4
Dracula - 16 + 11
Total - 133

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Cracking start mate. Interesting that you have reversed the IF and W but it doesn't seemed to have effected the effectiveness of the tactic 😀

Nice spot :p. I did actually do this a few times in testing depending on the options footedness ;). 

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Great start that Ashez! Keep it up 😛

2 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Great start, looks like the start of a good score. 😀

Let's hope so! As always a straight 433 would likely score more but this is the tactic I enjoy so it's the one I'll use haha. 

6 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Really good start mate, looks like a fun challenge, good luck

It was a blast to play tbf, I think anything that puts the focus somewhere it wouldn't usually be is the most fun to play. I know I'd never have used this strike force outside of this challenge anyway. 

3 hours ago, Woody said:

Great start mate....i love this idea. 😆

Appreciated! Any chance you'll give a whirl? Or just a love from a far haha

11 minutes ago, Woody said:

I may save it for 19 and just love the shit out of it for now 😂

That's understandable lol. Annoyingly the last few weeks have been The most I've wanted to play all year :(

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

That's understandable lol. Annoyingly the last few weeks have been The most I've wanted to play all year :(

Now ive completed what i have been doing ive lost a little bit of motivation.

I will probably just do some testing of weird formations to pass the time. 😂

4 hours ago, Woody said:

Now ive completed what i have been doing ive lost a little bit of motivation.

I will probably just do some testing of weird formations to pass the time. 😂

Take the break and hit 2019 fresh imo! That's what I'm trying to do but ideas and the urge to play are tempting me constantly atm! I'm currently saving any new idea or concept in a 2019 folder and I'm up to 6 challenge ideas to play or simply post haha. 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Take the break and hit 2019 fresh imo! That's what I'm trying to do but ideas and the urge to play are tempting me constantly atm! I'm currently saving any new idea or concept in a 2019 folder and I'm up to 6 challenge ideas to play or simply post haha. 

These weird challenge scenarios you are coming up with are brilliant!

(Reading this quite enviously - in hindsight, I probably chose the wrong FMM18 swansong and it doesn’t feel as fun as this 😕)

7 minutes ago, URz said:

These weird challenge scenarios you are coming up with are brilliant!

(Reading this quite enviously - in hindsight, I probably chose the wrong FMM18 swansong and it doesn’t feel as fun as this 😕)

Since that post I've added two new ideas to my folder lmao, okay one was old that I forgot to make a note of so only one is truly new but my point stands :p. The one I forgot to take a note of is one I have high hopes for but it involves a lot of planning and leg work so I'm iffy on it, I mentioned it to @Foxy months ago and he was intrigued though. It's one of those concepts that's a little out there and I'm not sure how much it'll appeal to Vibe but in theory I think I'd enjoy it, it's easy to like an idea on paper though. 

The grind catching up with you hey, for what it's worth I'm jealous as my longest save on 2018 has been like 4/5 seasons lol. I've really struggled with longer saves, mainly getting my stupid ideas to work and I've kinda fallen off the goal scoring bandwagon in recent years, after doing 15 odd 1k challenges they lose their appeal haha.