Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Game.cfg doesn't transfer certain unlockables

Vaile23

I've unlocked sugar daddy and other unlockables on my old phone. I've moved the game.cfg and save games to my new phone, but sugar daddy is no longer there. However, the others such as gold badge and no transfer windows are there. Is there a way to get it back?

Took ages to get anything from support but got nothing useful. Apparently the game save "is corrupt" - despite the fact it loads fine, all unlockables work on the old device but not the new one, but hey ho...

I've made my own conclusion: unlockables that can be purchased through the App/Play Store cannot be transferred to another device if earned in game. If you have bought them, the Restore Purchases button brings them back.

Pretty poor really given the effort put in to unlock them. I don't envisage this changing for FMM19.

19 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Did you transfer from Android to iOS or the other way around?

All Android, same Google Play account. I would have thought the unlockable would have triggered the IAP to unlock for the account but it doesn't. 

16 minutes ago, Vaile23 said:

All Android, same Google Play account. I would have thought the unlockable would have triggered the IAP to unlock for the account but it doesn't. 

But if you have the same Google Play account, you could just download the game and restore transactions, that should trigger the IAP to unlock. The only thing is that the unlockables you did on your own won't transfer, since those are applicable to a local installation of the game, and not your Google Play account.

I believe iPhone has cloud save, which makes Unlockables transfer. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, how likely is it that cloud saves will be available to Android devices anytime soon?

11 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I believe iPhone has cloud save, which makes Unlockables transfer. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, how likely is it that cloud saves will be available to Android devices anytime soon?

I'm not usre if the unlockables transfer, but it definitely has cloud save.

Technically, there is no reason why Android couldn't have the same (Google Play Games integration allows save files to be clouded) - but it's probably not high on the list.

9 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

But if you have the same Google Play account, you could just download the game and restore transactions, that should trigger the IAP to unlock. The only thing is that the unlockables you did on your own won't transfer, since those are applicable to a local installation of the game, and not your Google Play account.

Read my second post, I mentioned this but will clarify. Unlockables are stored in game.cfg, not the save. All unlockables that are not tied to an IAP (e.g. no work permits, transfer window, loan restrictions) transfer fine to the new device when the game.cfg file is copied. Regardless of which save is in use on the new device, they are there. The unlockables that are tied to an IAP (Sugar Daddy and Unsackable) do not transfer to another device with game.cfg. I can see why this is, it stops people sharing the config file and means more money for SI, that part I completely understand.

What would be better from a consumer perspective is if when any purchasable unlockable is unlocked through gameplay, it triggers the IAP to become 'purchased' on the Google Play/Apple ID account you bought the game with. I'm not an Android/iOS developer so I don't know how feasible this would be.