Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News Football Manager 2019 Mobile Feature List Revealed

samhardy

2 hours ago, olayinkajnr said:

Isn't it better to correct mistakes?

I believe that there are many features we might discover in the game ourselves.

I hope you're right, as I said, I don't like being negative about the game, I'll still buy it 

One thing I was hoping for was managerial reputation counting for somthing. It'd be good to be offered jobs due to success with bringing young players through, or being great with finances, rather than just having to win trophies to boost your reputation 

2 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I hope you're right, as I said, I don't like being negative about the game, I'll still buy it 

One thing I was hoping for was managerial reputation counting for somthing. It'd be good to be offered jobs due to success with bringing young players through, or being great with finances, rather than just having to win trophies to boost your reputation 

Nothing to say it won’t be like that in the new game. It’d be nice if it was!

20 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

True that though. 

It is FM19 and contains 19 League nations! Fun fact 😂.. 

The changes are not massive but if the game does not have bugs, it will be fine. 

I think that the most  important update is the new transfer negotiations. 

On the other hand, I feel like it was a great marketing movement to add Russia and China but it is a pity that there are some low level leagues and there no descent  leagues like Mexican league, South American leagues or even Greek League

Generally love the changes, but of course need to get my hands on it before I know for sure.

Was loving the idea of replays, but am a bit nervous now that it's an on/off setting like in the screenshot. I don't want a replay of *every* goal, that will slow gameplay down too much, I just want a button to tap so I can watch/screencast the exceptional ones. Will have to wait until I get my hands on it to see how it's been implemented.

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Out of interest - how would you go about having this implemented in such a manner that its simple and easy to use without confusing the user?

Even having a list of target players for corners would help, just like with corner takers. Or maybe target zones (near post, far post, short, etc) - it would obviously have to be weighted towards the preferred target rather than for every single corner. If you want to get a bit more complicated, the user could assign a percentage for that target (40% near post, 10% far post, etc or maybe "often", "rarely", instead of percentages).

As for free kicks: Like @Ashez says, there needs to be some sort of zone system. I want my striker to take free kicks just outside the box, as long as the angle's not to tight. I don't want him taking them from the corner pockets (may as well just get the corner taker to take those). I don't want him taking them from just inside the halfway line (I want a creative midfielder taking those and passing to the striker). So maybe split it into 3 zones: Inside shot range; outside shot range; corner pockets.  

Anyway, thanks for listening!

3 minutes ago, Ilias22 said:

The changes are not massive but if the game does not have bugs, it will be fine. 

There will be bugs. You can't have new features without bugs, that's software development unfortunately. Obviously SI will try to get rid of all the bugs, but there will be some in the game when it ships and we need to have patience while they get fixed. 

Id like the evogen system fixed up. Hate how once you get 5+ years into the games all you can see is a list of crocked or lazy youngsters. I like seeing players develop - maybe Im too much of a coach and not enough of a manager. If its supposed to be about making it harder to spot Messi regens then make their initial stats lower, change their position or nationality etc

Quite a few people bemoaning VAR being included. This doesnt mean that the game will make errors on purpose to justify it. They set the ball rolling on FMM18 with this, having players running up to linos after conceding a goal that may of been offside or a foul may have been committed. In game commentary using lines like 'that looked a bit harsh' with red cards being shown and penalties being given. VAR being included allows them to develop on this and it may just be the difference between winning a game and losing game. Just like in real life. I think it could be one of the best inclusions if it is used right!

8 hours ago, Bj Bj said:

I think the S.I team do not take the mobile version seriously. They keep giving us garbage features what happen to pep talk, anything on tactics improvement, anything on player role like regista nothing I guess. They should keep at it soon very soon the competition will be high and I pray they have sense by then.

If you think some features need to be added, then keep being vocal about them. Keep SI Games on their feet, remind them what you want often. But also, of course, be respectful about it. Calling their works garbage or something along those lines would only agitate them & blur your true/legitimate criticism.

As for the competition, hopefully you're right. We need fiercer competiton on mobile football manager games.

6 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

That would indeed be nice. My effort to constantly trusting(sometimes to a fault) young domestic players & building 100% domestic team are underappreciated by the other clubs. Though honestly, with my habit of staying loyal to one club until the end, I am all good even without any job offer.

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

There will be bugs. You can't have new features without bugs, that's software development unfortunately. Obviously SI will try to get rid of all the bugs, but there will be some in the game when it ships and we need to have patience while they get fixed. 

I think he means that as long as there's no game-breaking bugs, he's good. & I agree with him.

I hope there is a new feature on tactics and now support 19:9 display or notch display otherwise i doubt i will buy fmm (i will buy fmt instead)

3 minutes ago, Della said:

I hope there is a new feature on tactics and now support 19:9 display or notch display otherwise i doubt i will buy fmm (i will buy fmt instead)

Same here. I actually stopped playing FMM18 near the end of its life cycle since it's absolutely hard to play without the support for notched screen. Though I am sure at this point they would already have that in place. It would be quite weird if they don't, considering how many smartphones with notched screen out there.

While it makes no sense to have VAR in a computer game, keep in mind that FM has always tried to implement real world things for the sake of realism regardless of how much sense they may make within the game simulation (see: work permits, Brexit, etc).

2 hours ago, TheServant said:

I think he means that as long as there's no game-breaking bugs, he's good. & I agree with him.

For context, I say this every year. There's an established pattern where there will be bad bugs early versions, then slowly get fixed. If you wait a couple of months, the game will be much more solid than starting on day 1. Not that any of us will wait! 😄

But every year people start bashing the devs, so I try to set expectations (there will be bad bugs) and the tone (we'll have to have patience, no need to get aggro). Anyway, that's all I'm saying. 🙂

They aint gonna let every cat out the bag....im guessing(hoping) that some changes will be left for us to find once we get the game for that all important surprise!

I'd be gobsmacked if the tactical side hasn't had any upgrades!

Its the one major upgrade that is needed... Imo.

The negotiations and the training are the two features I like most but training needs to be seen to fully understand whether it is good or bad. 

I think VAR is essential in the game. As long as it's quick. Basically just don't have any questionable decisions anymore. Will it be in the premier League in future seasons in the game j wonder? Like when Brexit kicked in on 18.

37 minutes ago, Woody said:

They aint gonna let every cat out the bag....im guessing(hoping) that some changes will be left for us to find once we get the game for that all important surprise!

I heard a rumour that this is an unannounced feature:

Spoiler

Autosubmit saves to Vibe: Do you have a history of forgetting to submit saves when you're as good as through to the next round? Rest easy, FMM will now autosubmit your save and make sure you never knock yourself out of a competition again! 

😂

32 minutes ago, Scratch said:

For context, I say this every year. There's an established pattern where there will be bad bugs early versions, then slowly get fixed. If you wait a couple of months, the game will be much more solid than starting on day 1. Not that any of us will wait! 😄

But every year people start bashing the devs, so I try to set expectations (there will be bad bugs) and the tone (we'll have to have patience, no need to get aggro). Anyway, that's all I'm saying. 🙂

I see. I guess for people who do not understand software development at all, bugs are something unexpected & infuriating beyond believe. Though honestly, the one time I experienced a few bugs so bad that I had to stop playing was FMM18. Every year before, the bugs were bearable/I did not notice them that much. So, yeah. If the bug situation is not as bad as FMM18, I will be a happy man.

42 minutes ago, Woody said:

I like your optimistic attitude. Though I have to ask, has that ever happened before? A surprise feature or something? Because FMM19 is the first time I actually followed from beginning, so I am not sure if surprise feature is a thing.

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Hide contents

Autosubmit saves to Vibe: Do you have a history of forgetting to submit saves when you're as good as through to the next round? Rest easy, FMM will now autosubmit your save and make sure you never knock yourself out of a competition again! 

😂

That would be good 😀

My worry with VAR is that in the leagues it is used we will see it far too often. Nearly every goal that isn’t a banger in the game seems to come up with the commentary saying that there is suspicion of offside so is every goal in a VAR league going to end up being looked at .

Just now, TheServant said:

I see. I guess for people who do not understand software development at all, bugs are something unexpected & infuriating beyond believe. Though honestly, the one time I experienced a few bugs so bad that I had to stop playing was FMM18. Every year before, the bugs were bearable/I did not notice them that much. So, yeah. If the bug situation is not as bad as FMM18, I will be a happy man.

Yeah - I get why people get frustrated! Not downplaying that at all, just trying to present the other side. Mind you, I missed the start of FMM18 - I was stuck halfway through a 1KC on 17, so I don't really know the pain you felt. Sounds bad! Hope it's smoother this time around. 

47 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Hide contents

😂

😂😂😂😂 yeah

1 hour ago, Snip said:

I think VAR is essential in the game. As long as it's quick. Basically just don't have any questionable decisions anymore. Will it be in the premier League in future seasons in the game j wonder? Like when Brexit kicked in on 18.

I just dont see how it will work to be honest...do we get to ask for VAR if we are upset with a decision?

It like the offside rule, it cant be implimented the same as irl. 

Hey....i might be wrong and it will be a great addition.

1 hour ago, TheServant said:

I like your optimistic attitude. Though I have to ask, has that ever happened before? A surprise feature or something? Because FMM19 is the first time I actually followed from beginning, so I am not sure if surprise feature is a thing.

I just get the feeling we haven't had all the info yet. 

The tactical side is without doubt the thing thats needs updating the most...dont get me wrong others do too but everyone's tactics are soo similar and we need more originality on that side.

We cant hide some things as irl some managers do tend to play a similar way but there are subtle differences.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

The tactical side is without doubt the thing thats needs updating the most...dont get me wrong others do too but everyone's tactics are soo similar and we need more originality on that side.

We cant hide some things as irl some managers do tend to play a similar way but there are subtle differences.

Ah . . . I understand what you mean. I guess the AI managers indeed employ similar tactics to one another. Then maybe it's not the tactical side but more about the AI behaviour? Because the AI behaviour I can definitely feel lacking. I want to feel like I actually face Mourinho, or Guardiola, or Klopp.

Looking back at the WIP screenshots I noticed this thumbs up icon. Not sure if it was mentioned before or yesterday but I wonder if it is an indication of a players morale or even better maybe how happy he is with the amount he is playing 🤔

Of course as it was WIP it may not be in the game on Friday.

E9755106-D86D-4E55-AE22-6A7412D46C71.jpeg.dcd1c4d0afcf83593d30200232ad998e.jpeg