Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News Football Manager 2019 Mobile Feature List Revealed

samhardy

I'm taking VAR as just a meaningless line of text tbh. For VAR to work that means the game has to get things wrong to be corrected (so technically it's not getting it wrong), if that's true it'll be interesting to see the difference between this version and 2018. As if it's deliberately getting things wrong to be fixed, would that suggest last year things were wrong yet not fixed? If so that means the game would and could just decide to screw you on 2018. If not I'd expect this means we'll see an increase in big moments like goals and sendings off to justify this system being implemented and imo the engine is already way too big moment dependent. 

The comment has been made that it feels like 80% of goals as is already have questionable text like the offside line. If this is fixing those it does suggest last year we could get screwed, if it adds more of these moments to justify the feature it'll get frustrating fast, especially with things like offside as yet again I find myself saying it's something we have limited control over. Sure our limited role choice dictates if the player runs off the last man and stuff but it's not like we have input outside of that and player traits are a worthless feature in this regard. If the offside issue is increased for this system I can see roles like ADF's basically being unusable as I doubt this is just an Easter egg type occurrence and imo ADF offside goals are already pretty common. 

Obviously all theory and we'll know alot more once it's in hand but it does feel a risky inclusion. The theory that the game can get things wrong to screw you like irl had been mentioned before but I do wonder if VAR will make the game fairer? Like in theory VAR still comes down to opinion of the ref so if the game can and does screw you what's stopping it doing it via VAR? If VAR does just make the game fairer and removes the possibility of incorrect or harsh decisions how will the game counter act this? Will we see less goals, sendings off, disallowed goals or more?

I'm actually pretty fascinated by what this could mean but I doubt much of it will be researchable as it's not like we have clear visuals or stats. The way the dots work it's impossible to see a tight off side or a dangerous tackle for example. 

I'm rambling and thinking out loud more than anything but that has always helped me think things through, I do expect it's just a line of text but we'll see :)

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Looking back at the WIP screenshots I noticed this thumbs up icon. Not sure if it was mentioned before or yesterday but I wonder if it is an indication of a players morale or even better maybe how happy he is with the amount he is playing 🤔

Of course as it was WIP it may not be in the game on Friday.

E9755106-D86D-4E55-AE22-6A7412D46C71.jpeg.dcd1c4d0afcf83593d30200232ad998e.jpeg

It could be that he is happy to be a firs teamer.

Maybe some players cant cope with the pessures of 1st team football and that would be a different color! Maybe 😆

48 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Just hoping they fixed the ball-winning midfielder issue though...

One user here also said about BWM issue. What's wrong with it? I have also used BWM role on my tactic, but I never noticed any glaring issue. Well, maybe the rating has always been a bit low, but my WBs usually got lower ratings.

5 minutes ago, TheServant said:

One user here also said about BWM issue. What's wrong with it? I have also used BWM role on my tactic, but I never noticed any glaring issue. Well, maybe the rating has always been a bit low, but my WBs usually got lower ratings.

It's not exclusively a BWM issue but a DMC issue which the BWM is likely hit the worse from. Personally I think the DMC position is the most important in any team (look at any top side and I guarantee they have a world class DMC) and currently in game they do basically nothing. They get poor ratings and if you look at the stats they either don't do their main duty or have any impact on the game. Defensive roles in general are just underrated on the game tbh. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I'm taking VAR as just a meaningless line of text tbh. For VAR to work that means the game has to get things wrong to be corrected (so technically it's not getting it wrong), if that's true it'll be interesting to see the difference between this version and 2018. As if it's deliberately getting things wrong to be fixed, would that suggest last year things were wrong yet not fixed? If so that means the game would and could just decide to screw you on 2018. If not I'd expect this means we'll see an increase in big moments like goals and sendings off to justify this system being implemented and imo the engine is already way too big moment dependent. 

The comment has been made that it feels like 80% of goals as is already have questionable text like the offside line. If this is fixing those it does suggest last year we could get screwed, if it adds more of these moments to justify the feature it'll get frustrating fast, especially with things like offside as yet again I find myself saying it's something we have limited control over. Sure our limited role choice dictates if the player runs off the last man and stuff but it's not like we have input outside of that and player traits are a worthless feature in this regard. If the offside issue is increased for this system I can see roles like ADF's basically being unusable as I doubt this is just an Easter egg type occurrence and imo ADF offside goals are already pretty common. 

Obviously all theory and we'll know alot more once it's in hand but it does feel a risky inclusion. The theory that the game can get things wrong to screw you like irl had been mentioned before but I do wonder if VAR will make the game fairer? Like in theory VAR still comes down to opinion of the ref so if the game can and does screw you what's stopping it doing it via VAR? If VAR does just make the game fairer and removes the possibility of incorrect or harsh decisions how will the game counter act this? Will we see less goals, sendings off, disallowed goals or more?

I'm actually pretty fascinated by what this could mean but I doubt much of it will be researchable as it's not like we have clear visuals or stats. The way the dots work it's impossible to see a tight off side or a dangerous tackle for example. 

I'm rambling and thinking out loud more than anything but that has always helped me think things through, I do expect it's just a line of text but we'll see :)

I suspect that instead of the game declaring a goal disallowed/offside/etc as it does now, it will add an additional step of introducing the VAR decision (and fhen probably announce the decision it was going to make anyway 😉)

Edited by URz
37 minutes ago, URz said:

I suspect that instead of the game declaring a goal disallowed/offside/etc as it does now, it will add an additional step of introducing the VAR decision (and fhen probably announce the decision it was going to make anyway 😉)

Agreed, just an extra line of text replacing current ones at certain times is my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Agreed, just an extra line of text replacing current ones at certain times is my opinion. 

Probably. But I'll be pleased if there are no contentious descions however they decide to do it.

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's not exclusively a BWM issue but a DMC issue which the BWM is likely hit the worse from. Personally I think the DMC position is the most important in any team (look at any top side and I guarantee they have a world class DMC) and currently in game they do basically nothing. They get poor ratings and if you look at the stats they either don't do their main duty or have any impact on the game. Defensive roles in general are just underrated on the game tbh. 

The ratings system is defined by goals-assists-key passes imo nothing else gets taken into account

9 hours ago, Woody said:

The tactical side is without doubt the thing thats needs updating the most...dont get me wrong others do too but everyone's tactics are soo similar and we need more originality on that side.

Lol are you serious? In the last two years, they added several new roles and a ton of tactical instructions. 

9 minutes ago, veerus said:

Lol are you serious? In the last two years, they added several new roles and a ton of tactical instructions. 

I think what he meant was about how the managers AI use too similar tactics to one another.

18 minutes ago, TheServant said:

I think what he meant was about how the managers AI use too similar tactics to one another.

Is it so different in the real world? Unless your name is Pep, you're probably using one of three or four common setups. 

It’s the predictable AI Instructions that bug me. 95% of the time it’s - Defensive, Narrow, Slow, Balanced. Then they’ll drop to contain at around the 60 minute mark no matter the result

Personally it's the similarities between "custom tactics" that frustrates me the most. Like how similar are most of our tactics? How many roles would you simply just not even consider using (MR/L for example)? 

Only certain things work or maybe work well which leads to similar trends across the vast majority of tactics, then most frustratingly you can build a totally unrealistic tactic that abuses the engines flaws yet building something realistic like a 442 is a waste of time. 

I'm also not keen on how certain shapes out right beat others in a H2H sense, like if I was picking to use a 4231 or a 433 the 433 would win every time as imo it's a much more solid and consistent shape in game. Then you have things like 442 or 4411 which imo isn't even worth discussing as it's nowhere near as useful because top heavy tactics or bust is FMM. 

I've said it a few times but FMM does feel like I'm playing from SI's playbook as I can create what I want as long as SI thinks it will work or it exploits the engine. I crave full player instructions so much, not only would it open the game up but it would also bring individuality which FMM massively lacks imo. The PSP system was confusing and I understand why it's not used but I'd love that optional depth. I've said every year I'd love the current pre set roles but being able to open them up and edit the instructions for said roles. 

For example I was talking to @Foxyrecently about how I'd love a "deep lying target man" type role at the AMC spot, kinda like Fellaini for United but just a brute to hold up the ball and knock it on. With role instructions I could potentially edit an APM or something to hold up the ball. Maybe not the best example but even simple things like ordering my ISF not to take long shots, or arrows to tell my players the runs I want. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

There's always one 😛

You happy with there performance? haha

They do their job ok. It kinda works with one of my tactics. 

Totally agree with your post, especially the individual instructions to players. I usually like the idea of having a right midfielder cutting inside in to the space where a DM would be, which is not an option available.

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Personally it's the similarities between "custom tactics" that frustrates me the most. Like how similar are most of our tactics? How many roles would you simply just not even consider using (MR/L for example)? 

Only certain things work or maybe work well which leads to similar trends across the vast majority of tactics, then most frustratingly you can build a totally unrealistic tactic that abuses the engines flaws yet building something realistic like a 442 is a waste of time. 

I'm also not keen on how certain shapes out right beat others in a H2H sense, like if I was picking to use a 4231 or a 433 the 433 would win every time as imo it's a much more solid and consistent shape in game. Then you have things like 442 or 4411 which imo isn't even worth discussing as it's nowhere near as useful because top heavy tactics or bust is FMM. 

I've said it a few times but FMM does feel like I'm playing from SI's playbook as I can create what I want as long as SI thinks it will work or it exploits the engine. I crave full player instructions so much, not only would it open the game up but it would also bring individuality which FMM massively lacks imo. The PSP system was confusing and I understand why it's not used but I'd love that optional depth. I've said every year I'd love the current pre set roles but being able to open them up and edit the instructions for said roles. 

For example I was talking to @Foxyrecently about how I'd love a "deep lying target man" type role at the AMC spot, kinda like Fellaini for United but just a brute to hold up the ball and knock it on. With role instructions I could potentially edit an APM or something to hold up the ball. Maybe not the best example but even simple things like ordering my ISF not to take long shots, or arrows to tell my players the runs I want. 

Agree with all of this! Even the old “with ball/without ball” from CM days seem to give more scope for tactical expression.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

EXACTLY!! 😆

added 0 minutes later
54 minutes ago, URz said:

Agree with all of this! Even the old “with ball/without ball” from CM days seem to give more scope for tactical expression.

Mate..your on my wave length.

3 hours ago, veerus said:

Not quite sure there was a ton!

Like others of said...AI is predictable at best and there isnt enough tactical nous as in the individual instructions that has been mentioned.

Telling which players you want having long shots or defending and going up for corners to name but a few...it would give huge scope towards tactical building and more original designs.

Just now, Woody said:

Not quite sure there was a ton!

Like others of said...AI is predictable at best and there isnt enough tactical nous as in the individual instructions that has been mentioned.

Telling which players you want having long shots or defending and going up for corners to name but a few...it would give huge scope towards tactical building and more original designs.

Tbh the lack of set pieces will always give the "we need more tactical input" merit. 

It's a tactical game at the end of the day and not a power point presentation so forgive me for expecting tactical improvements over visuals or fluff. I wonder how long it'll take the kit number crowd to realise it's added nothing gameplay wise. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Tbh the lack of set pieces will always give the "we need more tactical input" merit. 

It's a tactical game at the end of the day and not a power point presentation so forgive me for expecting tactical improvements over visuals or fluff. I wonder how long it'll take the kit number crowd to realise it's added nothing gameplay wise. 

Your right....i can forgive all else for more tactical creativity.

I don't disagree that there could always be more depth in the tactics. That's the best part of the game!

But SI has always said that they want FMM to be approachable to the casual players. All I'm saying is that you are asking for FM/FM Touch levels of precision and depth and that's just not the game they're trying to make.