Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm BatiGoal

BatiGoal

THE BatiGoal. Call me BG. Or the very best Vibe manager that ever lived. 😁

BatiGoal Sr

Senior, me. You're right, if there's a senior there must be a junior as well out there somewhere. Well, there is indeed and with the introduction of FMM19 the bonus addition that is topping every popularity list on the web, it's true I checked, is that BatiGoal Jr is more than likely going to get his first ever (of hopefully many) Vibe cap. But more on the lil feller in a moment, first more about me. I've been here on this wonderful site a few years now, just after the true legends of this community made their first appearance, and it's because of this distorted group of FMH/M junkies that I've been playing this game for as long as I have. The chats, the chants, the banter, the challenges, the careers and the Vibers is what keeps this game ticking for me. 

Briefly re my off Vibe endeavours. I was born and raised by my Portuguese parents in Holland. Zaandam, a trainstop from Amsterdam, and moved to Thailand after 23y of Dutch shit weather. Yep I moved to the tropical East where I've been living for the past 18 years. In the simplest of terms; I'm a Portuguese born Dutchie Thai-to-be and it's only a matter of weeks before my clock ticks 41 summers. As a young boy in The Land of Cheese, Clogs, Tulips and Grass -not the agricultural fodder crop- 😜 I used to breathe, smell and eat football 24h/day. I played football anywhere where there'd be a little open space to kick a ball in. With friends, friendly strangers, against a wall or aiming at random street posts or other erected street ornaments until daylight permitted. Nighttime would see me for the gazillionth time re-read my old Panini sticker albums or memorize the secret digits of the missing faces and team photos of my then recent album, that I'd be eagerly awaiting to trade for my doubles with my friends on the next schoolday. Not so surprisingly, my dream like many of you was to become a pro one day and become a Panini sticker myself. Playing in massive stadiums like Old Trafford, San Siro, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Stadio da Luz etc. with the world's best. Legends like Cruijff, Maradona, v. Basten, Gullit and Batistuta obviously.

I never made it. I'm not a sticker of any kind. Imo I was a pretty decent player starting out as a physically strong defensive-minded player in all possible backline slots, before later on playing my best football (16yo) as a "complete midfielder" I called it back then, today better known as a box-to-box aiding my colors at both ends of the pitch for the entire 90min of play. I remember scoring a hat-trick in front of my home crowd winning 3-2 against an opponent whose name escapes me. Some magical day. I lacked pace though to make it to the top and that's deadly in the amateur levels of this sport. Football turned boxing/fitness and I studied Information Technology in college. I worked as a Comp Engineer for a couple of years, before all parties agreed on the conditions for my permanent winter transfer to Thailand to live with my then girlfriend now wife. Nicknamed The Land of Smiles - and BKK, City of Angels - Big Mango - and a handful other (inappropriate) nicknames I purposely left out in fear of having my visa revoked plus deportation - here I occupy my weekends teaching Dutch and/or English at an international school, for extra income, but mainly on weekdays assisting my wife to run her dental clinic, where btw playing FMM is one of my missus bannable offences. Perhaps I should say 'being caught' playing FMM 😂

BatiGoal Jr

I have two kids. A 13yo daughter who gives FCKall about FMM and a 10yo son <-- Jr. Junior, not real name but most convenient handle for now, has been demanding playing time on Vibe as if he were a top team's marquee signing on a cold substitution bench holding a warm cup of Impatience Deluxe and very itchy feet. Wait my son. Wait. The time is not yet ripe. Son of a Vibe giant grants you no bonus points. You yourself have yet to earn the respect of your soon-to-be loyal followers, like your daddy's done for the past years. Spoken like a true football manager and father (in both senses of the word) to his thirsty disciple. I'm quite busy with managing my life off Vibe so I don't think I'm going to be able to dedicate much of my time to posting content or careers on Vibe like I used to do. But what I can do, something I'm actually quite looking forward to, is having BG Jr participate in (some of) the FMM19 community challenges under my guidance. However, I made it clear to this young football-loving lad that if he's willing it's gotta be just him, not us. Of course I've given him tonnes of advice and tips over the years and I still do before and after challenges, but during any official challenge it's just him and him alone. How else can you teach a boy to stand on his own feet, throw the sucker into the deep I preach 🤗 I think it adds a healthy dose of pressure this way and it keeps the game competitive and fun for him longterm. Playing on my phone only and watching (over) him would also ensure he doesn't break any of Vibe's house rules or challenge rules, by accident or not 😆

Having that said, I hope everyone's looking forward to a new FMM year on Vibe with a fresh version of our beloved game. Cheers mates and talk soon. 

BG Sr & BG Jr 

Wow God has spoken, I wondered where you had gone!!!

It's nice to here from the actual BatiGoal himself, and i'm sure Jnr BatiGoal will have the same impact with you by his side, I would like to thank you for all the years you have inspired many of us to wan to be as good as you, but eh, that is not an easy task.

Good luck to Jnr, I bid I'm all the success he can achieve 

Edited by Cockers2505
7 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Wow God has spoken, I wondered where you had gone!!!

It's nice to here from the actual BatiGoal himself, and i'm sure Jnr BatiGoal will have the same impact with you by his side, I would like to thank you for all the years you have inspired many of us to wan to be as good as you, but eh, that is not an easy task.

Good luck to Jnr, I bid I'm all the success he can achieve 

Thanks mate. For me, I can get a little inspiration from every career that's out there. And so does BG Jr when we go through some of them together, including yours 👍 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

The first father son H2H

😮

6 hours ago, Aaron55 said:

Has to happen! 

I would never dare to humiliate my son like I would any of you but more importantly I would never run the risk of being humiliated by BG Jr myself 😂 

Edited by BatiGoal

BATIGOAL IS BACK!!! AND THERE'S TWO OF HIM!! 😄

Welcome back buddy! Nice intro, always enjoy them, especially when I find I have stuff in common with the person. You're a bit younger than me, but my kids are about the same age as yours (though I have one more). None of mine are showing any inclination towards football or FMM unfortunately... It's all Fortnite and Roblox and Minecraft... 

So BG Jr isn't at full legend ability yet? I'm thinking this may be my one chance to beat a BatiGoal (before he levels up and is better than his father, ie impossible to beat). 😄

Also, why Batistuta? Any particular story about how he became 'the one'? Or you just liked him?

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

BATIGOAL IS BACK!!! AND THERE'S TWO OF HIM!! 😄

😂 😂 

None of mine are showing any inclination towards football or FMM unfortunately... It's all Fortnite and Roblox and Minecraft... 

Tell me about it, hehe, add GTA to the list altho he's only allowed to play a couple of "clean" mission and hear none of the dialogue. He loves racing up and down mountains. 

Also, why Batistuta? Any particular story about how he became 'the one'? Or you just liked him?

Just loved watching him at Fiorentina and later AS Roma, such a prolific brute. Fast, deadly both in and outside the box, good header and freekick taker, very strong on the ball too. He was a complete forward imo, a mix of a TM and AF, love those sort of players. 

Some beauties down here. Not the best quality vid tho. 

20 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Tell me about it, hehe, add GTA to the list altho he's only allowed to play a couple of "clean" mission and hear none of the dialogue. He loves racing up and down mountains.

Oh yeah, my 13yo daughter plays GTA, but not my 9yr son, not yet. I used to play the early versions way back in the day. Maybe I should get back into it and play against them! Well, not until I've had 6 months with FMM19...

23 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Just loved watching him at Fiorentina and later AS Roma, such a prolific brute. Fast, deadly both in and outside the box, good header and freekick taker, very strong on the ball too. He was a complete forward imo, a mix of a TM and AF, love those sort of players. 

Yeah, I always liked him. Signed him a few times back in the CM days... Wish we could buy a classic db from SI Games and play it with all the old players...

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Can’t wait to corrupt BG Jr’s mind! 😂😂

Watch out for BettyG 😏

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Wish we could buy a classic db from SI Games and play it with all the old players...

Not a bad idea. Or maybe (re)play previous WCs hehe but that would require an insanely big DB. Would be awesome tho. 

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

A “complete midfielder” you say! 

Who would you compare your style too?

I loved watching players like Paulo Sousa, Johan Neeskens, Frank Rijkaard, Edgar Davids - the ultimate BWM - for their defensive skills and Joao Pinto, Johan Cruijff, Rui Costa, Zidane for their attacking skills. 

Andy Möller, Paul Scholes are good shouts but I think Stevie G in his prime comes closest to being the complete midfielder.

1 hour ago, MJ Seomoni said:

Son Of The Manager. Good luck, BatiGoal Jr.

Thanks 😉 

Edited by BatiGoal
15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Not a bad idea. Or maybe (re)play previous WCs hehe but that would require an insanely big DB. Would be awesome tho. 

We had this discussion somewhere while you were AWOL. I think SI Games should pull the CM01/02 (for eg) database off the shelf out the back, update it to add FMM19 fields, then sell it as an in-game purchase. It's probably more work than I think and it wouldn't be a perfect fit (ie some of the rules and league structures would be different), but I'd pay for that and I suspect quite a few people would. I guess the biggest problem would be the licensing...

Anyway, not expecting it to happen, just a nice dream...