Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges It's A Long Way To The Top (Superstar Manager 2019)

Scratch

Gettin' robbed, Gettin' stoned, Gettin' beat up, Broken boned, Gettin' had, Gettin' took, I tell you folks, It's harder than it looks

Intro

Most of us here on Vibe have achieved total domination in the game: decades of winning the league, unbeatable in the Champions League, multiple World Cups. Let's face it - it's not that hard.

Of course, most of us have achieved that when starting at a strong club. There's nothing wrong with that, but could you do it if you had to start at the very bottom? Could you work your way up to becoming a superstar manager? 

Here's the deal: You've never been a professional player. You don't have any contacts in the game. You're unemployed, with no reputation at all. You've just got to knock on clubs' doors until one of them buys into your spiel about being an FMM legend and decides to give you a chance. Once your foot's in the door, you have to work your way up to the superstar manager event; eg:

superstar-manager.jpg.937c4f1d13c86153f101d65c5c7efa54.jpg

Do you have what it takes? If so, try to cement your place at the top of the leaderboard by getting there quickest (in game). But be warned: It's a long way to the top!.

Notes

To keep this fair, you must start with only England (all divisions) loaded. No shortcuts by getting a job in a lower division in a country with only a couple of divisions.

You only get the event once, so if you are not starting from scratch, you will need to delete your game.cfg file. On Android, this is found in the Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager Mobile 2019>normal>cache folder. If someone can tell me where it is on iPhone, I'll add it here.

You are allowed to change clubs if you like, but please note the definition of the Achievement:

longway-season06-47.jpg.ebceeb1c6017e1c95302e747d229c167.jpg

You need to be a club over 5 years to achieve it, so changing clubs will set you back.

Rules

• You must chose a starting Reputation of Unknown and a Coaching Badge of None.

• You must load England only, with all divisions (Vanarama North/South).

• You must start unemployed.

• You can change clubs, but only within England obviously. NOTE: Changing clubs will delay the superstar manager event as discussed above.

• You can take an international job if you earn it, but you cannot start with it.

• Screenshots needed as evidence (a career here on Vibe is recommended):

• The Manager Profile screen immediately after starting

• The Manager History screen at the end of each season

• Screenshots of any job changes

• The "<Manager> celebrates managerial recognition" event (shown above) with the date achieved

• The Manager Profile screen immediately after the superstar manager event (Manager Points will be used as a tie breaker). 

• No preferences/unlockables.

• No uses of text changes, save editor or IGE at all.

• No cheating or restarting.

• If requested you must upload your save so we can check no cheating has taken place via the save editor, failure to do this will result in you being rejected from the leader board.

• SI databases only.

• No Myclub or created players.

Leaderboard

In order of quickest to achieve superstar status (with Manager Points used as a tiebreaker):

Edited by Scratch
8 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Might try this! 

Thanks. I'm planning to give it a go (which is why I created it!). It's really just a classic (some would say boring) career style: start at the bottom and work your way up. I'm hoping that adding the race to do it quickest will be what makes it interesting. 

Of course, the only time I triggered the superstar manager event (in my screenshot up yonder), it was awarded on 1st January. So might be it's only handed out at that point, in which case we might have a bunch of people getting it at the same time. I guess I'll update the post to use manager points as a tiebreaker.

One of the best ways to play the game in my opinion. So rewarding starting from the bottom and making it to the top.

Especially if you do it as a one club career. 

Instant Club Legend 😎

45 minutes ago, BigAl said:

One of the best ways to play the game in my opinion. So rewarding starting from the bottom and making it to the top.

Instant Club Legend 😎

Nice dream in general but probably won't be anywhere near the leaderboard here if you don't try to jump divisions as quickly as possible for the chance to win the biggest trophies.

In his screenshot, he got it in 5 years of probably playing at the top level. Add 2-3 (at least) years to get to the PL and you're looking at a minimum of 7-8 years. With a single team, it'll take you that long just to get to the PL. 

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Instant Club Legend 😎

Yep, one club career is an option and *very* satisfying - but you can also change jobs if you want and I think that will probably be quicker. But either way works! :)

1 hour ago, veerus said:

Nice dream in general but probably won't be anywhere near the leaderboard here if you don't try to jump divisions as quickly as possible for the chance to win the biggest trophies.

In his screenshot, he got it in 5 years of probably playing at the top level. Add 2-3 (at least) years to get to the PL and you're looking at a minimum of 7-8 years. With a single team, it'll take you that long just to get to the PL. 

I agree that it's very likely to be faster to swap jobs and that's how I'm going to do it. And it's how most real life managers do it. I'm actually after a career where I can swap jobs every so often as I've been in a long term 1KC. 

The screenshot was from my 1KC and I started in the EPL and won it in the second year (and every year after that!).

14 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

going to jump into this by text changes does that include licence fixes to change club names

To be honest I just copied that part from all the challenges, so I'm not sure. Maybe @danovic78 or @Foxy or @Ashez will know?

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

To be honest I just copied that part from all the challenges, so I'm not sure. Maybe @danovic78 or @Foxy or @Ashez will know?

I believe license fixes are fine, as long as it doesn’t affect the player database. 

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah it means no database edits player wise, it wouldn't be practical to ban licence updates unfortunately. 

Ohhhhh like the sound of this. Might even go with my first ever career post for this. Can't promise as with a new baby, and two other children, life is busy lol

On 31/10/2018 at 05:50, Scratch said:

Gettin' robbed, Gettin' stoned, Gettin' beat up, Broken boned, Gettin' had, Gettin' took, I tell you folks, It's harder than it looks

Intro

Most of us here on Vibe have achieved total domination in the game: decades of winning the league, unbeatable in the Champions League, multiple World Cups. Let's face it - it's not that hard.

Of course, most of us have achieved that when starting at a strong club. There's nothing wrong with that, but could you do it if you had to start at the very bottom? Could you work your way up to becoming a superstar manager? 

Here's the deal: You've never been a professional player. You don't have any contacts in the game. You're unemployed, with no reputation at all. You've just got to knock on clubs' doors until one of them buys into your spiel about being an FMM legend and decides to give you a chance. Once your foot's in the door, you have to work your way up to the superstar manager event; eg:

superstar-manager.jpg.937c4f1d13c86153f101d65c5c7efa54.jpg

Do you have what it takes? If so, try to cement your place at the top of the leaderboard by getting there quickest (in game). But be warned: It's a long way to the top!.

Notes

To keep this fair, you must start with only England (all divisions) loaded. No shortcuts by getting a job in a lower division in a country with only a couple of divisions.

You only get the event once, so if you are not starting from scratch, you will need to delete your game.cfg file. On Android, this is found in the Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager Mobile 2019>normal>cache folder. If someone can tell me where it is on iPhone, I'll add it here.

Rules

• You must chose a starting Reputation of Unknown and a Coaching Badge of None.

• You must load England only, with all divisions (Vanarama North/South).

• You must start unemployed.

• You can change clubs, but only within England obviously.

• You can take an international job if you earn it, but you cannot start with it.

• Screenshots needed as evidence (a career here on Vibe is recommended):

• The Manager Profile screen immediately after starting

• The Manager History screen at the end of each season

• Screenshots of any job changes

• The "<Manager> celebrates managerial recognition" event (shown above) with the date achieved

• The Manager Profile screen immediately after the superstar manager event (Manager Points will be used as a tie breaker). 

• No preferences/unlockables.

• No uses of text changes, save editor or IGE at all.

• No cheating or restarting.

• If requested you must upload your save so we can check no cheating has taken place via the save editor, failure to do this will result in you being rejected from the leader board.

• SI databases only.

• No Myclub or created players.

Leaderboard

In order of quickest to achieve superstar status (with Manager Points used as a tiebreaker):

• None yet

I’m currently doing this challenge, and I’ve just been offered the Carlise job in league 2. Can I take it? 

1 hour ago, KyleJNichol said:

I’m currently doing this challenge, and I’ve just been offered the Carlise job in league 2. Can I take it? 

Yes, the whole idea is to make it to the top leagues ASAP to start winning big trophies and advancing your reputation. 

16 hours ago, KyleJNichol said:

Just to confirm, @veerus is spot on - you can take any job you like, as long as you've earned it (ie can't start the game in a job) and the fastest way to the top is to move up the division ASAP... 

On 10/11/2018 at 09:42, Scratch said:

Just to confirm, @veerus is spot on - you can take any job you like, as long as you've earned it (ie can't start the game in a job) and the fastest way to the top is to move up the division ASAP... 

What about if you decide to resign from your job because you feel like you can’t take a team any further? 

1 hour ago, KyleJNichol said:

What about if you decide to resign from your job because you feel like you can’t take a team any further? 

Yeah that's fine. In 2017 resigning BEFORE you applied for a job actually made it more likely that you'd get it (at least in my experience). Not sure 2019 is the same or not and it's a risk that you might not get a good job, but it's allowed.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

It turns out that there is a definition for this achievement:

longway-season06-47.jpg

Note, this says you need to serve over 5 years at a club. Therefore changing jobs will probably set you back on this journey. 

Hope this didn't mess anyone up. 

added 0 minutes later

In other news, we have our first entrant on the leaderboard...

Just as I was getting bored of a save I stumble across this beauty. Took Dulwich Hamlet to the top but didn’t get this achievement so must have stopped playing that save before the 5 years at World Class (when I got number 1 Manager I moved to win other leagues I had running but this sounds more interesting).

Will start from scratch following the rules. 

Here we go...