Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

Update good for me. I don’t think they can increase difficulty whilst making the game available on nearly all mobile devices without resorting to just pure frustration for the user. 

You mean you love the fact that player conditioning is no longer realistic? And that every player can regain 90-100% fitness within 48 hours of playing a match?

It wasn’t realistic before and in terms of playing the game normally it failed in making the game harder. My current save is just a results save where it doesn’t matter where the goals are coming from and on the season where I had to become tinkerman due to update I won the league against Celtic scoring 100 points and won the Scottish cup and got to the knockout stage of champions league. The highest transfer I’ve paid so far is less than £1m and I’ve got players who I’ve bought from the national league playing over 20 games a season. So I don’t think it was anymore difficult but just a ball ache to play with all the rotation.

26 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

You mean you love the fact that player conditioning is no longer realistic? And that every player can regain 90-100% fitness within 48 hours of playing a match?

It's a balancing act between realism and how you enjoy playing the game. A lot of people (myself included) love the goal scoring challenges and aiming for 1000 goals or more therefore the fitness issue has a massive impact on this. Is it realistic your striker playing 55-60 games a season and scoring over 100 goals - no.  Is it enjoyable to a lot of people - yes.

On the other hand it sounds like you would prefer as much realism as possible which is fair enough.

It's how SI balance this, i guess there's always going to be some unhappy parties.

Great hotfix. A good balance between realism and better gameplay. Thanks for taking our concerns seriously.

4 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I like the lack of realism. It’s a massive appeal for me. 

I seriously don't get that.

Why would you play a game famed for being the most realistic football management simulation around....AND then not want it to be realistic?

8 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I seriously don't get that.

Why would you play a game famed for being the most realistic football management simulation around....AND then not want it to be realistic?

Because that’s what I like? My favourite racing game is Mario Kart yet I have never thrown a red shell at anyone on a motorway. It is escapism for me.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Because that’s what I like? My favourite racing game is Mario Kart yet I have never thrown a red shell at anyone on a motorway. It is escapism for me.

Then you've never lived 😂

I agree though, I'm for aspects of realism but a game is meant to be fun at the end of the day. 

28 minutes ago, Rob said:

You've never been to Stoke 😂 the A500 is like Mario Kart!

I just awoke from a dream......

My players fitness struggled to improve, while it's true I over worked the poor little dots I demanded more, I pushed and I pushed. I need those dots at 100%, screw realism meaning things naturally tire! I thought my days were numbered and that I'd have to rotate more, that I'd have to plan ahead more and that my constant eleven would be no more. 

Realism had seeped into my life.....

Then it hit me like a wet sock across the face! The realism I'd been missing! The reason for my woes! 

Food! 

It was a game changing revelation as how do I know what my players eat? Hell I can't even be sure they do eat! What if they're hungry? What if they're eating the wrong things? What if they're all alcoholics?

I knew I was on the right path so I hired a dietician who could ensure my players got the meals and nutrition they needed. I really pushed the boat out hiring a former dinner lady as well! Oh sexy sue!

We worked together to hand pick my players meals and ingredients to ensure they got what they needed for their age and role. We micromanaged every aspect to ensure realism was met. 

However I saw no improvement, my players stamina never improved! What kind of a world is this? Why isn't this working! 

I then get suspicious of my dietician! Who were his suppliers? Where was he purchasing these ingredients and supplements? There was only one option! I needed control!

I put in a request to the board and I demanded the U21 pitch was ripped up and replaced by an allotment with a small fenced area for live stock. I knew I had to grow and produce everything myself to make sure realism was kept alive! Inbetween training I'd water the crops and feed the animals, I even took a chunk of the transfer budget and hired a gardener from @Foxy Industries to look after my goods during away games. I debated allowing the players to tend to my garden but I couldn't waste their stamina, this was my baby. My secret weapon. 

FMM Farmville 2020 is here lads. 

Oh right sorry....I forgot it's selective realism you want 

;)

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

My players fitness struggled to improve, while it's true I over worked the poor little dots I demanded more, I pushed and I pushed. I need those dots at 100%, screw realism meaning things naturally tire! I thought my days were numbered and that I'd have to rotate more, that I'd have to plan ahead more and that my constant eleven would be no more. 

Then it hit me like a wet sock across the face! The realism I'd been missing! The reason for my woes! 

Food! 

It was a game changing revelation as how do I know what my players eat? Hell I can't even be sure they do eat! What if they're hungry? What if they're eating the wrong things? What if they're all alcoholics?

I knew I was on the right path so I hired a dietician who could ensure my players got the meals and nutrition they needed. I really pushed the boat out hiring a former dinner lady as well! Oh sexy sue!

We worked together to hand pick my players meals and ingredients to ensure they got what they needed for their age and role. We micromanaged every aspect to ensure realism was met. 

However I saw no improvement, my players stamina never improved! What kind of a world is this? Why isn't this working! 

I then get suspicious of my dietician! Who were his suppliers? Where was he purchasing these ingredients and supplements? There was only one option! I needed control!

I put in a request to the board and I demanded the U21 pitch was ripped up and replaced by an allotment with a small fenced area for live stock. I knew I had to grow and produce everything myself to make sure realism was kept alive! Inbetween training I'd water the crops and feed the animals, I even took a chunk of the transfer budget and hired a gardener from @Foxy Industries to look after my goods during away games. I debated allowing the players to tend to my garden but I couldn't waste their stamina, this was my baby. My secret weapon. 

;)

hahahahahha

Goddamn it! I can't believe I read that whole thing. Yer a wordsmith ya are! 

I like the hotfix as the mobile game is not supposed to be tons of micro management as you are supposed to finish seasons at a decent pace. I think if you want to be realistic and go deep dive into managing then buy the PC version as it is way more in depth and involves a bunch of micromanagement and can take forever getting through a season running everything. This is a good balance for a game with limited resources vs PC version. Good Job so far on hotfix. Keeping fingers crossed nothing else comes up in future 🤔🙄🙏 but not getting hopes up 🤦🏼‍♂️

46 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

This hilarious little thing just happened, 

Screenshot_2019-03-14-14-01-36-446_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.f0d36e7a502d13d11d4896b6910870dc.pngScreenshot_2019-03-14-14-01-43-649_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.aeddd141d385d69c01d023c79ec56da2.pngScreenshot_2019-03-14-14-01-50-867_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.c04664a45846bba7472d26e4c2cfc0f6.pngThis dude just straight up punched my player!

Well played Mr.Bijol, well played... 

Be awesome if you could react to guy like punch back or start bench clearing brawl 🤪 ..

BTW is J.Quintaro from Scotland that got punched??🤜💥🥴 Love using him and usually cheap to get ...

Edited by DIRECTFX
3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Food! 

;)

I want to see this game 😆

25 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Be awesome if you could react to guy like punch back or start bench clearing brawl 🤪 ..

BTW is J.Quintaro from Scotland that got punched??🤜💥🥴 Love using him and usually cheap to get ...

Nah its Quintero with an e. Colombian fella, he used to be pretty highly rated a few years back but has since fallen a bit. 

22 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Have you noticed a difference to player fitness in the most recent update (12-Mar). I think SI have reversed it.

I updated my FMM earlier this morning and now my players don't have an issue with match fitness. I played three games in nine days the worst conditioning rating a player had was 89%. Most had 100%.

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Haven't had chance to test it yet but judging on what people are saying it looks like it's been reversed. Very sad to see. 

Ok here's my 2 cents. I haven't had chance to test the new hot fix yet so I could be completely wrong BUT, 

I really don't get some of you guys and gals who say you love the unrealistic nature of the game regarding fitness issues etc? 

For me I love squad rotation and not being able to pick the same 11 every single game. What's the point in having a squad if your picking the same players every week. 

Yes we all want pick up and play and a lot of us who play the mobile version don't have time for the touch or full fat FM versions and we play this game in short bursts. 

I totally get that. I'm a first time dad and have an 8 week old baby so don't get much time anymore (I miss the good old days of all nighter FM sessions). 

However I still want the game to be somewhat realistic in regards to reflecting what a football manager actually does, as this game is called football manager isn't it🤔? One of the main aspects of a football manager is picking your squad every week who step onto the pitch. Thinking a game or 2 ahead you've got a big cup final coming up so you bench your star striker and rest him for this. This happens all the time in real life. 

Fitness and selection is the most important part of being a football manager selecting your best available 11 based on who's available and using your squad. Bringing through youth in midweek cup games when some of your players have just had a tough late Sunday afternoon game and aren't fully fit for the midweek game. 

For me the idea of players being able to play every single game in a season just isn't fun at all. 

And yes I know people don't play this game for realism maybe that's why I'm missing the point? 

Maybe I'm playing the wrong game and should be playing the tablet version o don't know 😂

If this issue has been reversed I don't think I'll play the mobile version anymore. That's not me being petty but guess I have different views from a lot of you about what this game should be. It is all about opinions after all 😏

Maybe SI need to change the name of the game to football manager arcade or fantasy football manager? As this is what the game is now the fitness issues have been reversed from what I've seen and heard. 

3 minutes ago, Bailly3 said:

Ok here's my 2 cents. I haven't had chance to test the new hot fix yet so I could be completely wrong BUT, 

I really don't get some of you guys and gals who say you love the unrealistic nature of the game regarding fitness issues etc? 

For me I love squad rotation and not being able to pick the same 11 every single game. What's the point in having a squad if your picking the same players every week. 

Yes we all want pick up and play and a lot of us who play the mobile version don't have time for the touch or full fat FM versions and we play this game in short bursts. 

I totally get that. I'm a first time dad and have an 8 week old baby so don't get much time anymore (I miss the good old days of all nighter FM sessions). 

However I still want the game to be somewhat realistic in regards to reflecting what a football manager actually does, as this game is called football manager isn't it🤔? One of the main aspects of a football manager is picking your squad every week who step onto the pitch. Thinking a game or 2 ahead you've got a big cup final coming up so you bench your star striker and rest him for this. This happens all the time in real life. 

Fitness and selection is the most important part of being a football manager selecting your best available 11 based on who's available and using your squad. Bringing through youth in midweek cup games when some of your players have just had a tough late Sunday afternoon game and aren't fully fit for the midweek game. 

For me the idea of players being able to play every single game in a season just isn't fun at all. 

And yes I know people don't play this game for realism maybe that's why I'm missing the point? 

Maybe I'm playing the wrong game and should be playing the tablet version o don't know 😂

If this issue has been reversed I don't think I'll play the mobile version anymore. That's not me being petty but guess I have different views from a lot of you about what this game should be. It is all about opinions after all 😏

Maybe SI need to change the name of the game to football manager arcade or fantasy football manager? As this is what the game is now the fitness issues have been reversed from what I've seen and heard. 

Whoa there! Hold your horses people. 

I see that this whole fitness issue is turning out to be a huge base-breaker, so let just put in my opinion as a guy who plays more FMM than would be healthy. 

I think it's not game breakingly unrealistic. I mean come on now, we've played with this kinda 'easy mode' fitness for so long without feeling too off about it. Why are we all complaining about it now? 

For all those that say they've completely reversed the fitness 'fix', you're wrong. Player's fitness right now after the hotfix is in a nice middle ground between pre winter update and the winter update. 

Many people are out here are complaining about how it's brainless and easy to just spam the same starting 11 and that people don't know how to rotate properly. Truth is, I was still rotating my team whether it was pre winter update or post winter update. The problem with the winter update was that now I'm being forced to rotate too much. 

And honestly, I don't know why everyone is focusing on this one issue to fix and add realism. 

There is so much else they could fix to add realism...

Do you think its unrealistic that you just suddenly get a batch of youth players out of nowhere at the start of the season? 

Do you think it's unrealistic that over half your team is unavailable for a few matches in a row due to terrible international football fixtures? 

Do you think it's unrealistic the AI doesn't rotate their team at all? 

There's so much you can complain about... 

But does that take away from your fun? If so, I'm sorry that you're such a boring person. 

11 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

For all those that say they've completely reversed the fitness 'fix', you're wrong. Player's fitness right now after the hotfix is in a nice middle ground between pre winter update and the winter update. 

I would agree with this it is a nice middle ground now the hot fix is out and when the game developer is saying himself that it didn’t work how they wanted it too I think we know there is something wrong.

Ultimately you can never please everyone as for some they would want every tiny detail of realism put into the game and others don’t and that isn’t just an FMM problem as I have seen a lot of complaints from PC players this year about there version. 

What is great is that so many people are passionate about the future of this game as it means we have more chance of getting to continue enjoying it for many years to come.

I don’t want to drag this on but does anyone else feel that maybe FM Touch is the game they should be focusing on changing. Maybe if they could streamline it a bit more to make it available on more devices then it might appease a few. I mean there’s a lot of people who’ve either played FMM from the beginning or are into it cos it’s similar to what they played years ago and most don’t seem to want too much change. 

Apologies if the fitness issue has been completely reversed. I was only basing my post on what a few people have told me as I haven't yet played it myself. 

Must be hard for SI to find a balance as you can't please everyone 

32 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I don’t want to drag this on but does anyone else feel that maybe FM Touch is the game they should be focusing on changing. Maybe if they could streamline it a bit more to make it available on more devices then it might appease a few. I mean there’s a lot of people who’ve either played FMM from the beginning or are into it cos it’s similar to what they played years ago and most don’t seem to want too much change. 

Probably won't happen. 

But don't see why SI couldn't release FM touch for mobile devices? As well as the mobile version? They are then pleasing the people who don't own/want to buy a tablet but want a bit more realism/challenge that the touch version offers. 

I know it's been asked before and SI always say phones aren't powerful enough to run touch. 

But a galaxy note 9 is far more powerful than majority of the tablets that touch is compatible with. Touch also runs on a switch which has a screen size of what 6.2 inches? So screen size isn't an issue when it comes to porting touch to mobile devices.

Don't want to go into too much detail about touch as I know this a FMM site, but maybe that's an option going forward. 

Think that would be easier to implement than making a 'hard/realistic' mode on the mobile version. And when I say 'easier' I understand it's not easy at all 😂 and we all appreciate the work and effort that developers put into these games.