Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

14 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Taken from the FMM19 game description in the Google Play Store.

image.png.000a94ce9d3a0bb604d8c1c24395b78c.png

Its realistic to a certain degree.

18 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Taken from the FMM19 game description in the Google Play Store.

image.png.000a94ce9d3a0bb604d8c1c24395b78c.png

It’ll be impossible to please everyone so I can understand there are many who liked the update before hot fix. I personally didn’t and thought it went too far whereby players could hardly play 3 games in a row or sometimes even 2 which is far from realistic anyway. Each to their own though I guess.

7 minutes ago, 1759 said:

It’ll be impossible to please everyone so I can understand there are many who liked the update before hot fix. I personally didn’t and thought it went too far whereby players could hardly play 3 games in a row or sometimes even 2 which is far from realistic anyway. Each to their own though I guess.

True. The winter update was shocking for fitness wise. 

The hotfix made it better, players return to fitness at a better rate rather than not at all. I was starting games in my VPL turn with players at 75%....thats not realistic its a fucked up update. The hotfix put that to bed. Done!

The realism argument is selective, everyone picks and choses when they want to pull the realism card, including SI. Regens aren't realistic but they're excused yet a player playing one too many games a week is a deal breaker? 

I'm not against realism even if I think at times it'll be boring, this new reputation system is really cool and realistic yet imo it lessens the game. I used to love finding hidden gems or taking mid table Premier League talent to Portugal and tearing it up but that's taken a massive hit this year. 

I'm for the realism argument in some cases like set pieces, stats, information, the engine, roles and settings yet against it in other areas like team talks, dating sims with players and micromanaging every little thing. 

FMM to me is a tactics game, that is the entire point, the be all and end all and thats got many ways it can be improved which I'd rather than realism based dating sim elements. 

I don't see FMM as a management sim, I see it as a strategy RPG. Every character has their own stats and it's up to me to build the party and set the plan of attack, that's why I love it. I love the game when I'm in control instead of me having to tick SIs check boxes in an options menu, that's why I fell out of love with the game as it became routine as I played by SIs playbook and not how I wanted to. 

I had a dream save I wanted to do last year and I couldn't, why? Because I needed to sign a player who wouldn't move to any other club than the one he was at, no amount of money would make him move. Yet the club he was at couldn't afford the partners I wanted to make this dream trio so the save died. Sure that's maybe realistic As the player in question has a connection to the club but he's moved on in real life to another team yet FMM said nope not happening. SI limiting my creativity and saves I want to play by BS isn't fun, regardless of realism. 

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The realism argument is selective, everyone picks and choses when they want to pull the realism card, including SI. Regens aren't realistic but they're excused yet a player playing one too many games a week is a deal breaker? 

I'm not against realism even if I think at times it'll be boring, this new reputation system is really cool and realistic yet imo it lessens the game. I used to love finding hidden gems or taking mid table Premier League talent to Portugal and tearing it up but that's taken a massive hit this year. 

I'm for the realism argument in some cases like set pieces, stats, information, the engine, roles and settings yet against it in other areas like team talks, dating sims with players and micromanaging every little thing. 

FMM to me is a tactics game, that is the entire point, the be all and end all and thats got many ways it can be improved which I'd rather than realism based dating sim elements. 

I don't see FMM as a management sim, I see it as a strategy RPG. Every character has their own stats and it's up to me to build the party and set the plan of attack, that's why I love it. I love the game when I'm in control instead of me having to tick SIs check boxes in an options menu, that's why I fell out of love with the game as it became routine as I played by SIs playbook and not how I wanted to. 

I had a dream save I wanted to do last year and I couldn't, why? Because I needed to sign a player who wouldn't move to any other club than the one he was at, no amount of money would make him move. Yet the club he was at couldn't afford the partners I wanted to make this dream trio so the save died. Sure that's maybe realistic As the player in question has a connection to the club but he's moved on in real life to another team yet FMM said nope not happening. SI limiting my creativity and saves I want to play by BS isn't fun, regardless of realism. 

Nail on the head mate 👍

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I don't see FMM as a management sim, I see it as a strategy RPG. Every character has their own stats and it's up to me to build the party and set the plan of attack, that's why I love it. I love the game when I'm in control instead of me having to tick SIs check boxes in an options menu, that's why I fell out of love with the game as it became routine as I played by SIs playbook and not how I wanted to

What do you mean by this? 

47 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

What do you mean by this? 

That's a two part answer 

1. Player interactions/Media/Potential Team Talks - Anything like this with the multiple choice questions to answer is just luck of the draw with you having to predict what the game wants to hear at that moment, that's not fun and impacts your save. 

2. Tactically the game feels so limiting, sure I have some control but it always feels like my involvement is small as I have hardly any influence on the tactic or how it players outside of the playbook SI have written. It's a painfully obvious issue when you look around at what tactics work and which are popular as they're all so similar, I do like the role method the game uses As it's simple but it lacks freedom and creativity, personally I'd love to be able to open these roles and edit how they play.  

You can not make tactic work in FMM

It is predetermined, you can merely discover it

This is how I see it

SI is oxygen, you are the lighter and tactic is the fire

As long as you light it up in the right time that requires certain oxygen level it is gonna burn..but when the oxygen releases the update it will turn everything to shite 😂😂 and then you gotta do it again 

3 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

You can not make tactic work in FMM

It is predetermined, you can merely discover it

This is how I see it

SI is oxygen, you are the lighter and tactic is the fire

As long as you light it up in the right time that requires certain oxygen level it is gonna burn..but when the oxygen releases the update it will turn everything to shite 😂😂 and then you gotta do it again 

😂😂😂😂

I got to be honest lads this new update hasn’t really changed a thing. The game still descends into a micro management shitfest no matter how you cut it. I started a Cardiff save yesterday after the new patch and finished 6th first season. It was relatively fun tbh but when the second season came and I was in the Euro cup with games most Thursdays the new stamina just totally spoilt any enjoyment. I’ve got zero interest in playing it as it is tbh and how people are trying to argue that it’s more realistic hence more fun is just baffling. Seriously go and play FMT. You’ve only got to spend 20 mins looking through this site and the previous versions of FMM on vibe to see what people enjoy about the game. This update has basically destroyed so many potential challenges. I’m downloading FMM18 as I write this.

49 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

This update has basically destroyed so many potential challenges

The challenge community is the one area I wish SI took more seriously, just think of the possibilities if SI released monthly save game challenges like the DLC! It would keep casuals hooked and be so cool, look at how creative we've been so imagine having SI's tools! The DLC challenges are creative and fun but they never bothered to run with the idea yet we've shown a community can thrive off such things. 

I understand alot of what we do goes against what FMM might be intended to be, I wouldn't be shocked if 1k-2k challenge irritate the developers (even though they attempted one) as in some ways it does give us a bad look, I've seen countless FM players shit on FMM for that stuff yet imo that's our powerful niche. We have an element of anything is possible and a community willing to push the game, that's why we're special! Yeah tactics, cheats and logos bring people to Vibe but they stay for the challenge community. 

2 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Seriously go and play FMT. You’ve only got to spend 20 mins looking through this site and the previous versions of FMM on vibe to see what people enjoy about the game.

Have you considered the fact that there are still people that play the game but don't know about the existence of this site?

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

It would keep casuals hooked

So many times I’ve fallen out of love with FMM but come on here and found things that re peak my interest like the challenges, looking at the records and other people’s tactics 👍👍

3 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Have you considered the fact that there are still people that play the game but don't know about the existence of this site?

Ofc but surely this site gives a good cross section of FMM users and what kind of things they find fun about the game.

Does anyone here watch streams on Twitch? I’ve always used it a lot over the years but don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone stream FMM on there. Plenty stream the full PC version and twitch does have the ability to stream android and iOS mobile games.

Maybe there’d be an audience there for anyone who wanted to stream some FMM. I know I’d watch anyway 👍

2 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Does anyone here watch streams on Twitch? I’ve always used it a lot over the years but don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone stream FMM on there. Plenty stream the full PC version and twitch does have the ability to stream android and iOS mobile games.

Maybe there’d be an audience there for anyone who wanted to stream some FMM. I know I’d watch anyway 👍

A few YTs have tried and ultimately failed, FMM isn't even interesting enough to play as a solo experience never mind to watch 😂

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

A few YTs have tried and ultimately failed, FMM isn't even interesting enough to play as a solo experience never mind to watch 😂

Honestly, I was all set up to start a YT FMM channel. I had it all set up and bought some recording software and was just waiting for winter update to launch to start it but obviously I’ve put that on the back burner now. I think there is an audience there for interesting videos but some on YT are pretty boring tbf.

3 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Honestly, I was all set up to start a YT FMM channel. I had it all set up and bought some recording software and was just waiting for winter update to launch to start it but obviously I’ve put that on the back burner now. I think there is an audience there for interesting videos but some on YT are pretty boring tbf.

Personally it's not for me but I do watch alot of YT so I see the appeal, I just think the game isn't interesting enough and it suits the written form more. To make FMM interesting would be an awful lot of work. You can read a FMM career update in minutes if that, watching 10 mins of matches compared? Na not for me lol. 

Edited by Ashez
1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Personally it's not for me but I do watch alot of YT so I see the appeal, I just think the game isn't interesting enough and it suits the written form more. To make FMM interesting would be an awful lot of work. You can read a FMM career update in minutes if that, watching 10 mins of matches compared? Na not for me lol. 

Yeah I agree. The intention was to do little 5 minute guides. Like on tactics or fun leagues to play or looking at hidden gems for different levels etc watching a career would be as tedious as playing the game atm 😂

Just now, LenTheWelsh said:

Yeah I agree. The intention was to do little 5 minute guides. Like on tactics or fun leagues to play or looking at hidden gems for different levels etc watching a career would be as tedious as playing the game atm 😂

Guides and stuff might be the niche but I've not seen anyone get far doing it, especially original content. 

Personally my take is the community is here so why go looking else where, we've had so many issues with YTers "stealing" our content over the years or trying to use Vibe to promote themselves and it's just annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

so many issues with YTers "stealing" our content over the years or trying to use Vibe to promote themselves and it's just annoying. 

100% agree with you mate. Honest intention was I would never mention or promote it on here and to promote vibe on my YT channel. I’m only mentioning it now as it’s not happening.

Currently trying a Bielsa type tactic. I've tried to create the system Leeds have this season under him with the 4-1-4-1 with high full backs and wide men pushed on too. If it comes to anything I'll chuck it up in the tactics area. Currently top of the Premiership but not running away with it and not really scoring as many as I'd like.

Just now, FMLover:) said:

Why was my comment deleted lol? I didn't say anything bad at all and criticised the game. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

It was moved to this thread 

Just now, FMLover:) said:

My bad man. I'm new at this thats why 

No worries, I assume Foxy or Sam moved it. We're just trying to keep the discussion in one place :)

11 minutes ago, FMLover:) said:

My bad man. I'm new at this thats why 

It’s not mate, there’s just been a big debate about the update and there’s a popular thread where it’s been discussed at length so have a look at it.😀