Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

Hi all. I am new to Football Manager mobile 2019 and i would like to get some help before I start a new career. I want to first apologies if some of the questions im asking has already been answered, i have use the search function but didn’t find what I was looking for.

To make it easier for everyone i will put my questions under its own heading.

1. Nation/ leagues to load

First of all i will be only managing Arsenal but i want the game to be as realistic as possible with max players available so which nations and leagues should i load?

2. Players (age wise)

The question here is regarding about the strategy in buying players to either boost the squad or replace aging players, for example if i have a player which is 30, 31 or 32, should i buy a player which is U21? Or buy another senior player? And if i have a player which is 25, for example, but he is not quite world class but i want to keep him, do i buy another player of the same age or buy someone who is older? 

3. Contract

Players who has 1 year left on their contract, when is it best to renew? Before new season starts? Before Jan? 1 month before contract expires? A few days before contract expires?

If a player is 30, 31, 32, when should i renew their contract to get them to agree to the lowest wage possible?

4. Wage/ signing on fee

Do i offer higher wage and low signing fee or lower wage with high signing on fee for players?

5. Player star ability

I read that the star ability of players, whether he’s good or bad is in their current team. What do i look for in the scout report to know if a players is gonna be world class in my team?

I hope it’s not too much questions. I just want to have a perfect first experience without having to start over again.

- Hieberflab

40 minutes ago, LayeAF said:

Not sure if I should be asking here but does anybody have a few suggestions for a reliable goal scorer? Budget isn't an issue

Jovic and Arp are both very good.

1 minute ago, Schwantz34 said:

Jovic and Arp are both very good.

Are they good enough to hit the ground running in the PL from season 1?

13 hours ago, Hieberflab said:

Hi all. I am new to Football Manager mobile 2019 and i would like to get some help before I start a new career. I want to first apologies if some of the questions im asking has already been answered, i have use the search function but didn’t find what I was looking for.

I find the best thing you can do it to load up a career and just experiment. Don’t worry too much about trying to win things or find that winning tactic. Just spend a season getting to grips with the game. It will give you so much knowledge and insight that you will be better prepared when you are ready to start a career.

Having said that, I wouldn’t want you to think I was being unhelpful so here’s my take on your questions.

1. Nation/ leagues to load

If I’m playing the English league then I like to also load Spain, Italy and Germany as this means you have the top four leagues in Europe and therefore the best pool of talent to play with. However, there are some really interesting leagues to play and a good example is the MLS. 

2. Players (age wise)

I think a mixture of senior and youth is good. One of the most fun things about FMM is finding wonderkids and developing your young talent into world class players. But the game does take into account experience and maturity so you wouldn’t want to neglect those older players too. I wouldn’t get fixated on age though. As long as the player has the attributes you need then don’t worry too much about their age. Players start to deteriorate from around 33 onwards (earlier if they don't play as many games). The attributes of a young player develop faster the more you play them in the team.

4. Wage/ signing on fee

I would renew a contract anytime from 7-12 months before it expires. If a contract falls into the final six months, there is a risk you could lose the player on a free transfer.

Wages and the signing on fee is going to be dictated by the player. Just look at your finances to understand what your wage budget will be and keep that in mind when negotiating a new contract. The only advice I think is useful here is that if a player wants a wage that you cannot, or do not want to give then increasing the signing on fee might tempt them to sign a contract for less money then what they were asking for. Similarly, if a player wants a really high signing on fee but you can’t afford this, offering higher wages might persuade them to accept a smaller signing on fee. 

5. Player star ability

I wouldn’t worry too much about the star ratings. They're useful in that they act as a guide when comparing the player to players in your squad and they can be useful when trying to predict what the player’s potential ability will be. But star ratings should only be trusted if your scouts are of a high enough standard i.e. Silver or Gold Natural. Star ratings are also based on the player's form which means they can go up and down depending on how well they are playing. Anyway I tend to concentrate more on the attributes. Each role has a number of key attributes and providing those attributes are a high enough number, you will have yourself a really talented player. 

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

I'm playing in Scotland as rangers and have now had 2 season updates where I only get 1 promoted youth player, and they are always a goalkeeper. I decided to go back and keep going to the next season repeatedly and every single time I only had one goalkeeper promoted, must have done it about 8 times. I've got excellent youth facilities. Anyone else had this?

Need help,

I want using only default masking logos/kits, cause it take loot of a time to load, I'm trying to move/delete the logos, but in game, licensed clubs/comps(from basic data download) only showing blank spot without default logo, the other teams still showing default logo...

Any solution? (SOLVED : just delete the folders, not the logos 😅😅😂)

Screenshot_2019-04-19-15-39-03_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.png

Screenshot_2019-04-19-15-38-53_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.png

Edited by diyonwp51
SOLVED

Has a new update dropped for anyone yet? I know iOS is usually last one to get it. Was really hoping there would be one in time for this Easter weekend ☹️

Sorry for such a late reply Lillywhite Dean. Thank you so much for your input.

I have just completed 2 seasons with Arsenal. I have a few more questions. 

1. In the player coach report, on the negative side. If it says for example, for an AP, unlikely to win aerial, is that a specific attribute (aerial) that needs improving for that role or is it just a general weakness that being stated by the coach?

2. And talking about negatives. What does “uncomfortable on the ball mean”? Which attribute is it referring to? How to improve “unconvincing free-kick taker”

3. On my match analysis i get this “striker didn’t test opposition keeper enough “ how do i improve this?

Kind Regards,

Hieberflab

10 minutes ago, Hieberflab said:

1. In the player coach report, on the negative side. If it says for example, for an AP, unlikely to win aerial, is that a specific attribute (aerial) that needs improving for that role or is it just a general weakness that being stated by the coach?

That’s just a weakness in the players game that won’t have too much of an effect seeing as he’s played as an AP

10 minutes ago, Hieberflab said:

2. And talking about negatives. What does “uncomfortable on the ball mean”? Which attribute is it referring to? How to improve “unconvincing free-kick taker”

Uncomfortable on the ball is referring to the players dribbling ability. Poor dribbling would make you uncomfortable on the ball. Does the player this refers to have poor dribbling ability?

11 minutes ago, Hieberflab said:

3. On my match analysis i get this “striker didn’t test opposition keeper enough “ how do i improve this?

That is basically saying your striker didn’t get enough shots to test the keeper. That’s down to tactics, only trial and error can correct that. Saying that though, I wouldn’t look too much into post match analysis, it’s not the best method to base your decisions on.

Hope that helps

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

That’s just a weakness in the players game that won’t have too much of an effect seeing as he’s played as an AP

Uncomfortable on the ball is referring to the players dribbling ability. Poor dribbling would make you uncomfortable on the ball. Does the player this refers to have poor dribbling ability?

That is basically saying your striker didn’t get enough shots to test the keeper. That’s down to tactics, only trial and error can correct that. Saying that though, I wouldn’t look too much into post match analysis, it’s not the best method to base your decisions on.

Hope that helps

Hi Nucleus. Thank you so much for your reply. The player in question with this weakness is the goalkeeper and he doesn’t have dribbling as an ability. I was thinking technique at first but i have seen other field players has poor technique as a weakness.

Kind Regards,

Hieberflab

18 minutes ago, Hieberflab said:

Hi Nucleus. Thank you so much for your reply. The player in question with this weakness is the goalkeeper and he doesn’t have dribbling as an ability. I was thinking technique at first but i have seen other field players has poor technique as a weakness.

Kind Regards,

Hieberflab

That’ll be his handling then mate

21 hours ago, Hieberflab said:

I have just completed 2 seasons with Arsenal. I have a few more questions. 

Not sure I should be helping someone who is playing as Arsenal!

It means both. Some players will have poor aerial attributes because heading is not a feature of their game. So most Advanced Playmakers will have poor aerial attributes because they don't need to be able to head the ball. However, if your tactic is likely to use plenty of long balls and crosses, don't expect your Advanced Playmaker to be winning many headers (obviously this won't be an issue if the rest of the team has decent aerial attributes).

This usually means the player has poor dribbling and technique attributes. However, as the player in question is a goalkeeper, I would say it relates to Kicking and possibly Technique. For example, I have a goalkeeper who has low attributes in Kicking and Technique and my coach tells me he is uncomfortable on the ball.

Some players are just not any good at taking free-kicks and so this is your coaches way of telling you not to select them as a free-kick taker. You can't really do anything to improve this attribute.

Tweak your tactics so that it encourages your striker to take more shots on goal. This could involve choosing "shoot on sight", playing a more attacking tactic, changing your strikers role to something like Advanced Forward or Poacher, or making sure your team has enough playmakers to create enough goal scoring opportunities for your striker.

Hi,

I have huge problems selling my best players.
I want to get rid of my star players to cash in and build a younger squad.

Am trying to sell 5 players, all of them are valued from 120 - 160 mil.
I transfer list them and lower the price a bit but no one is interested.
They are absolute world class players so I find it weird.

It´s been the same for about 20 seasons now.
It always ends up that they will play out the contract and go for free.

What to do?

Hi. I was wondering, does the gate receipts for the club that you manage have a bearing on the amount of money you get to spend in the transfer window?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Helmstuber said:

Hi,

What to do?

Do you try the "offer to clubs" option? You don't mention it so I'm just wondering. That usually triggers interest.

However at the top end, if your squad are earning mega-bucks, you can find that other clubs aren't willing to offer the same salary. 

Hi,

What to do?

If their earning extremely high wages then it is likely no other club is prepared to buy them.

You have to really lower the asking price to have any chance of offloading them. Think Paul Pogba or Alexis Sanchez. Clubs want them but are not prepared to match their current earnings.

1 hour ago, ron1hy said:

Hi. I was wondering, does the gate receipts for the club that you manage have a bearing on the amount of money you get to spend in the transfer window?

Thanks

Yes, all stuff like that is calculated into your yearly budget behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

If their earning extremely high wages then it is likely no other club is prepared to buy them.

You have to really lower the asking price to have any chance of offloading them. Think Paul Pogba or Alexis Sanchez. Clubs want them but are not prepared to match their current earnings.

Hi,

They do earn a lot. But I´ve tried to lower the price from lets say 150 mil to 75 but still no offers.

Hi,

They do earn a lot. But I´ve tried to lower the price from lets say 150 mil to 75 but still no offers.

It depends on how badly you want to get rid. I say drop the price to maybe £35-40m and see what happens then.

3 hours ago, Helmstuber said:

Hi,

The transfer system on the game is definitely far from perfect. But what you say won't necessarily work by itself. Have you tried "Offer to clubs", like I said?

289123548_Screenshot_20190510-162014_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.ddf4329fa7ed4e99469bfe14a00c8a31.jpg

3 hours ago, ron1hy said:

Determination - what are the signs of a player having good determination?

Thanks

It’s a hidden attribute in the game but the coach report (maybe a scout report as well but I don’t tend to scout players very much) should tell you if they have high or low determination. 

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

It’s a hidden attribute in the game but the coach report (maybe a scout report as well but I don’t tend to scout players very much) should tell you if they have high or low determination. 

Thank you.

On 10/05/2019 at 16:20, Mr Tree said:

The transfer system on the game is definitely far from perfect. But what you say won't necessarily work by itself. Have you tried "Offer to clubs", like I said?

289123548_Screenshot_20190510-162014_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.ddf4329fa7ed4e99469bfe14a00c8a31.jpg

Yes, I´ve tried that as well. And lowering the price a lot. Maybe not enough then

Yes, I´ve tried that as well. And lowering the price a lot. Maybe not enough then

In my experience, if the salary is the issue, the news item says like "You have received no responses to your offer of Player X. It might be that his salary level is beyond what's affordable for other clubs". In which case, you can't do much - just be patient, keep trying, but you might struggle to even give them away for free. Again, think Alexis Sanchez, or my bees have had this waste of space Josh McEachran for the last couple of years - we signed a contract with him on terms that no team would possibly honour now, so it's not in his interest to leave, and noone will take him on. Just something to consider when you sign players, innit.

Otherwise, if you're getting messages about "You have received a couple of enquiries for Player X. It remains to be seen if they will become formal bids", but nothing comes, then yeah, lower the price in your offer to make the deal more tempting.

I've had a couple of players hang around like a bad smell, but nothing too excessive.

What are people's thoughts on this AI signing.

Arsenal have signed a young Advanced Playmaker for £17.5M and have given him a wage of £250k per week.

Kabashi.thumb.png.265b841ee6bd6173de2687182654dbb7.png

He looks talented but is he really worth £250k per week?

2114497891_Kabashi2.thumb.png.343d52f58fc22669c7cbb9823c9b4788.png

I have two young and very talented Advanced Playmakers who I feel are better than Arsenal's 24 year old.

Preston.thumb.png.b58adde026b8bc1ca4f8bb584b1c660b.png

Fyvie.thumb.png.97e94ccafe1e2305871374dd8f7e8a8f.png

And I have managed to keep them both on a contract of no more than £3k per week.

The point I wanted to make is that there is huge disparity over how the AI manages a club and how we manage a club. Should an AI controlled club be spending £17.5M and £250k per week on a Advanced Playmaker with a current and potential ability rating of 3 stars? Surely with Arsenal's resources, they can scout better players for that money, or at the very least, negotiate better contracts. Should I be allowed to get away with keeping two of my most talented Advanced Playmakers on such small contracts without the worry of clubs like Arsenal scouting them and trying to sign them?

Yeah, not good.

With my "goal a mile" career, jumping around, the amount of mess I find in other squads is unbelievable. I have a real gem of a screenshot to share (in due course). But yeah, the AI is definitely a bit ropey.

(oh actually, an example that might hit you closer to home Dean - I beat them to send them down - but c'mon spurs, surely relegation won't be on the cards anytime soon!)

247434114_Screenshot_20190511-203718_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.b505ff062d1183ae5ce554afecaa2e52.jpg