Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

15 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I think I'm being blind here, but how do you promote/drop between the first team and reserve squad now?

Hmm it's showing for some players and not others I've just discovered.

Is one of the squads full? Or are some of the players in on loan?

Just now, Alari said:

Is one of the squads full? Or are some of the players in on loan?

I thought that too but no.

Maybe just a temp glitch. Came out of the game, re-loaded the save and it's okay now.

Just now, Scratch said:

Whoops, missed a meeting at work because I was 'busy'....

This is a good sign for us 😁

Okay thanks everyone, great feedback so far, some good constructive reports as well and I think we have a good idea of what fixes to focus on tomorrow. I have to crash shortly. I expect either Angelos or Luke, who will be our main QA reps on here in the next little while, will likely deputise here in the morning till I'm alive again (and I'm sure the others will keep an eye out as well).

Hope you carry on enjoying, feel free to @ me overnight in case anything gets missed. I've put a few things up on our internal channels to be investigated further.

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Looks like things are potential moving!

Screenshot_2018-11-01-18-39-18.thumb.png.83ab29c3529ee70bb56a50dda32cd503.png

It was me last night lol !  People facing problem of freeze at start screen... Uninstall the game , reboot device, reinstall the game again.... Should work then

Edited by johnvibe77
19 minutes ago, FirdyBirdy said:

Can we have a guide/tip on tactics, please? 

Once people have had a chance to play it I'm sure there will be one 😎

29 minutes ago, veerus said:

Look up tactics in last year's forum.  There haven't been any significant changes in that area this year.

Yup used a tactic from FMM18 but seems like it is leaking goals as opposed to the results shown.

I think a training guide will be helpful too.

Any issues like too many goals being scored this year? I know it was to begin with in 2018 and some thought the avg was still too high after the update.

Looking forward to starting a game soon. It hasn't come out at an ideal time for me but I've purchased anyway. FMM is going to help my flight to Vegas go much faster next year!

Just started a game with random button and I was sent to manage Shandong in China.  60% of the decisions like offside, goals and fouls are going to VAR. Is it a good thing?? 

@Putzy Which cache file do I need to find and delete for logos to work? Most are displaying just fine but some (West Ham) aren't. 

It's cool, found it tucked away in the Android folder. Deleted the cache file there and it worked.

Is there a Comp/Team name fix coming for this one like in 2018?

Edited by Baddar

Is it just me or is the game noticably harder? Same tactics I used in 18 now don't seem to work at all, I'm getting my butt whooped on a weekly by relegation candidates :-p 

By the way, I love how they included referee names, really adds to the match experience! Kudos.

2 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Just started a game with random button and I was sent to manage Shandong in China.  60% of the decisions like offside, goals and fouls are going to VAR. Is it a good thing?? 

I would say yes providing it's just a mention that VAR is being consulted, but not if the refs are going to the side of the pitch to make the call. 

9 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Is it just me or is the game noticably harder? Same tactics I used in 18 now don't seem to work at all, I'm getting my butt whooped on a weekly by relegation candidates 😛

By the way, I love how they included referee names, really adds to the match experience! Kudos.

I totally agree. Found some winning tactics by renowned tactics contributors and applied it to Chelsea but was beaten by Huddersfield.

7 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I would say yes providing it's just a mention that VAR is being consulted, but not if the refs are going to the side of the pitch to make the call. 

I find that around 20% of my goals are being disallowed by VAR decision. I mean, I get that VAR is a great addition, but it's too much at this point. Like I had 5 or so games with 3 goals being disallowed by VAR per game, I never seen that happen in actual football .

Not had a chance to play properly yet but talk of the game being more challenging this year is what I'm excited by most at the minute...

I've had a quick 5 minutes playing through as unemployed however and noticed there still seems to be a high number of injuries/red cards when you tap into AI games - guessing the AI are still struggling to keep players fit?

Also are player ratings better balanced?

5 games into my Liverpool save and I think this is great! Little changes make a big difference! Transfers, training, spot on. Replays aswell means you can use commentary only for games but still see the goals when they go in! Playing in the Prem, no VAR but looking forward to seeing how that works. More realistic staffing, squad status'. I have came across nothing that is wrong with the game!!!

So, the sweeper position has been removed and a sweeper/libero is now a role that can be used in the normal CB positions. Anyone going to use one of those roles now? Be interesting to see if there are any differences...

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

So, the sweeper position has been removed and a sweeper/libero is now a role that can be used in the normal CB positions. Anyone going to use one of those roles now? Be interesting to see if there are any differences...

I’ve experimented a little with a BPD/Sweeper combo! Compliment each other well 😛

Just now, Nucleus said:

I’ve experimented a little with a BPD/Sweeper combo! Compliment each other well 😛

Oh, I guess they do! I guess I'm not going to get to try it out because I'll be down the bottom with players more suited to the new No Nonsense defender position! :)

Just now, Scratch said:

Oh, I guess they do! I guess I'm not going to get to try it out because I'll be down the bottom with players more suited to the new No Nonsense defender position! :)

It’s not a new role!! It’s just a limited defender with a different name! 😡

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It’s not a new role!! It’s just a limited defender with a different name! 😡

Oh what! I didn't notice the Limited Defender was gone. I thought we had a new role... LOL, I'm easily pleased...

After 5 years as a lurker here, having played everything from FMH, to FM, to FMM and FMT, I thought my first post would be about the very positive first impression I got from the new game. I like everything I've seen so far.

I like the training changes, it always felt like cheating when I used IT and like not unlocking the full potential of my players when I didn't. Individual attribute improvement is also great and I love seeing the progress bar after the match, too, extremely helpful. 

Selling players is also very quick and easy now, that was the only reason why I didn't like the preseason, I hated having to wait for days for an offer from an "interested" club that, very often, never came.

I haven't played enough for VAR to have been a pain so far, but if it is used as often as others here have said, I guess it'll bother me after a while.

My BWMs and DLPs have gotten good ratings in the few matches that I've played so far, without scoring any goals. If you've finally fixed that problem, know that I'll consider suing you, because I'll likely be fired very soon and spend all winter just playing the game. ;)

These, and all the other small changes, like the colors (which I thought I'd dislike from the pics, but they make everything easier to read, in my opinion), the search changes (footedness, yay!), the pre-game scouting and the attribute highlighting make this almost a dream update so far, for me. I did not expect that. Very well done.

What's with Remi Streete still being a free agent? I googled it and it seems he didn't play last year - but that's so weird, what's up with him? Just having a gap year?