Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

7 minutes ago, dansut93 said:

Hi All,

In your opinions, is this game worth buying at the moment?

I want to play it over the weekend, but there seems to be a lot of bugs. Would you say it is worth waiting 1 or 2 weeks so some updates / fixes are put in place?

Hi.

I honestly cannot recommend it in this state. Many bugs, & even the user interface is not fully compatible with notched-screen Android yet. Though for me personally, I am fine with it. Because while there are bugs, none of them are annoying enough for me to stop.

1 or 2 weeks is too short. I would say wait for 6 months. Then hopefully it will be in a good enough state.

Edited by Guest
Adding an answer.

This is the first time a non-attacking player wins the World Footballer of the Year on FMM, at least for me. A defender, no less. I guess SI Games have tweaked it to make this possible. Or maybe this is just a fluke.

Screenshot_20181108-214202.png

Screenshot_20181108-214228.png

1 hour ago, TheServant said:

This is the first time a non-attacking player wins the World Footballer of the Year on FMM, at least for me. A defender, no less. I guess SI Games have tweaked it to make this possible. Or maybe this is just a fluke.

Screenshot_20181108-214202.png

Screenshot_20181108-214228.png

Wow! Whose regen is he? 

10 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Wow! Whose regen is he? 

Sorry, I do not know. I am not the kind who pays attention about regen. I just buy very young domestic players who might be good.

Edited by Guest
Changing "bought" to "buy."
13 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Sergio Ramos without a doubt with those attributes

Well, there's one season where he got 22 yellow cards. So I guess you're right.

16 hours ago, Gvicii said:

Is it just me or this years game is so hard and annoying!!! Anyone have tips?

A few things I’ve found:

1) There’s no substitute for simply having better players than your opposition. Try any tactic you like, unless you’ve the better side, results will be inconsistent. Transfer windows are therefore important. Be patient, get the right players in for your system. It took half a season for my new players and system to start performing.

2) Comebacks and late goals. I mean, ARGHHH. Happens far far far too much, and little you can do to stop them. The game will very rarely let you come back from 2 or 3 goals down, but expect it to happen against you multiple times per season. You can bring on a defensive substitute, you can stick time wasting on and go defensive, but I always feel like I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I often save my subs just to wear down the clock in added time to avoid the dreaded last-kick equaliser.

Enjoying the game so far, hope that I’ll be able to take my vastly improved squad to the next level now.

5 hours ago, Emergo said:

Is every regen based on an existing player? Or are regens also randomly generated in terms of CA/PA?

Every new player at every level of the game is a regen of someone. Sometimes things are switched around (PA changes, positions changes, even nationality), but in my experience most of the time that doesn't happen. Discussion about it from last year (with links to other discussions and a Marc Vaughan Facebook comment):

EDIT: Gotta say though that I haven't played enough FMM19 to be sure it works the same. Maybe it's changed?

Edited by Scratch
8 hours ago, TheServant said:

I saw a goalkeeper win it once in 2018 or 2017. Extremely rare for it not to be an attacker, but I think it's always been possible. 

Too put it in context though, in my careers, I've scored more 90+ yard goals than I've seen non attackers win it...

37 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Every new player at every level of the game is a regen of someone. Sometimes things are switched around (PA changes, positions changes, even nationality), but in my experience most of the time that doesn't happen. Discussion about it from last year (with links to other discussions and a Marc Vaughan Facebook comment):

EDIT: Gotta say though that I haven't played enough FMM19 to be sure it works the same. Maybe it's changed?

I see. Thanks for the clarification!

One further question: does anyone here stream their game to their PC? Of course it would make more sense to just play FM Touch or FM itself on your PC then, but I kind of like to play FMM on a bigger screen sometimes, but I am not sure how...

10 minutes ago, Emergo said:

I see. Thanks for the clarification!

One further question: does anyone here stream their game to their PC? Of course it would make more sense to just play FM Touch or FM itself on your PC then, but I kind of like to play FMM on a bigger screen sometimes, but I am not sure how...

Hmm, I'd love to be able to stream it to my PC, but never worked out how either.

I do run the Nox Android Emulator on my PC and sometimes play FMM through that, but you have to transfer the save games back and forth which is a real pain. Honestly I can't be bothered doing that so I generally only use Nox for testing stuff out, not my main career.

If you work out how to stream, please make a post on how! 

EDIT: Now reading this: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/mirror-android-screen-pc-mac-without-root/

Edited by Scratch

@Emergo I tried that software in that article linked to above and got it working, but had a few hickups (it doesn't like dual monitor setups using DisplayLink). Eventually got it working, but the quality was really bad and to get better quality you have to buy the pro version (USD$40 I think). I will probably use it during app development so I bought and it works pretty well.

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

@Emergo I tried that software in that article linked to above and got it working, but had a few hickups (it doesn't like dual monitor setups using DisplayLink). Eventually got it working, but the quality was really bad and to get better quality you have to buy the pro version (USD$40 I think). I will probably use it during app development so I bought and it works pretty well.

Interesting.. Might give it a shot. Thanks!

21 hours ago, Scratch said:

Scratch is about to become a Twitch stream all-star! 

3 hours ago, veerus said:

Scratch is about to become a Twitch stream all-star! 

What do you mean "About"? 😂

No, unfortunately the reality is something a little less cool. I'm not young anymore and FMM on my phone is a little small for my old eyes! I obviously still play it (a lot), but if I can play it on my monitor some of the time, that'd be better. 

Has anyone been playing on the OME, does it make any difference with conceding all the late goals. When playing FMM 18 I switched back to the ome and stopped conceding the last goals and found my defensive midfielder gained much higher match ratings 

4 hours ago, macmole said:

Has anyone been playing on the OME, does it make any difference with conceding all the late goals. When playing FMM 18 I switched back to the ome and stopped conceding the last goals and found my defensive midfielder gained much higher match ratings 

I have been playing with OME & yes, I never experienced those problems. It seems the original is better than the enhanced, which is weird.

3 hours ago, TheServant said:

I have been playing with OME & yes, I never experienced those problems. It seems the original is better than the enhanced, which is weird.

That is really good to hear. I never even considered going back to OME. I will definitely give it a go.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

That is really good to hear. I never even considered going back to OME. I will definitely give it a go.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

Have a queation. I am managing England. Got mail that England is leaving EU. Than I missed final mail about transfer rule changes. Can I somewhere see what was the decision? Premier League transfer rules doesn't show anything so I thing there were no changes. Am I right?

2 hours ago, Edska said:

Have a queation. I am managing England. Got mail that England is leaving EU. Than I missed final mail about transfer rule changes. Can I somewhere see what was the decision? Premier League transfer rules doesn't show anything so I thing there were no changes. Am I right?

Yeah for me the message was something like "UK has left, but it was decided there would no changes to the rules" and I think that's the same for everyone.

On 11/11/2018 at 02:25, macmole said:

Season 18/19 - playing in CM as a DLP

Season 19/20 - playing in DM as a DLP

The players I had were largely the same over both seasons - the only major change was a formation change. I usually hate playing with DM’s but it seems they’re very good on OME this year. Not really had any issues with late goals either.

3BA36E28-EDA8-41EE-BD88-283B0ECF132F.png

Did they just do an update.? When I tried to load my game just now, the game link logo was faded out and it would not load up. Now it is back to normal and the game has loaded.

We updated today - changes are below. We would strongly urge users to post an individual thread in the bugs section of our forums as this thread is getting very unwieldy and it is easy to miss things.

• Added player retraining to player action menu
  • Cleared international retirement flag on regens
  • Fix instance where toggling Min. Fee Release clause would make cause incorrect behaviour
  • Fixed AI club being able to sign a player for too little after human withdraws from auction
  • Fixed December awards showing wrong year
  • Fixed [%club#1] tag in contract offer string
  • Fixed a couple of Twitter issues
  • Fixed black text in some places
  • Fixed buyback clause being incorrectly set
  • Fixed colour of 'Condition' percentages in match tactics view
  • Fixed crash in match
  • Fixed freeze on pressing 'Suggest Terms'
  • Fixed issue negotiating from loan to permanent deal
  • Fixed player uninterested in discussing who did not say so
  • Fixed players being promoted from reserves for no reason
  • Fixed repeating news items for some players in first window when Transfer Budgets turned off
  • Fixed various rare crashes
  • Improved error handling on startup
  • Improved help text for using offer page
  • Mad sure that human manager sons are basque if coming through at a basque club
  • Made offer pages work more smoothly for monthly or yearly wage views
  • Made sure that some clubs in Basque region can sign non-Basque players
  • Prevented inappropriate training indication for experienced players
  • Relaxed work permit requirements for some nations
  • Updated live auctions bid default to current highest