Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

First six months of the season I can use pretty much the same XI, but once January comes around it’s a case of using my first XI for two matches then my second string side for the third match. That’s plenty of rotation imo

I would be extremely satisfied if that happened in my game.

6 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I would be extremely satisfied if that happened in my game.

Might be a device specific bug then. Because I’ve had to do that all the way through FMM18 and 19. I have to sub my striker off after 70 minutes for him to be fresh for the next game as I’m doing a goal based challenge. 

15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Might be a device specific bug then. Because I’ve had to do that all the way through FMM18 and 19. I have to sub my striker off after 70 minutes for him to be fresh for the next game as I’m doing a goal based challenge. 

I'm also experiencing a really frustrating issue with match ratings. That also seems to differ from person to person.

A team could concede four, five, six goals yet their defensive players/GK receive positive ratings of 7+ out of 10. Someone on the official SI forum posted a screenshot of a game whereby a team conceded a lot of goals and the defensive players/GK received 4/10s. I was told by a developer that the device you use shouldn't make a difference, and me having zero game development skills, I was willing to accept that. But I do find it odd that since switching from iOS to Android, I've noticed a lot more bugs and quirks that didn't seem to be in the iPhone version of the game.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean
5 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I'm also experiencing a really frustrating issue with match ratings. That also seems to differ from person to person.

A team could concede four, five, six goals yet their defensive players/GK receive positive ratings of 7+ out of 10. Someone on the official SI forum posted a screenshot of a game whereby a team conceded a lot of goals and the defensive players/GK received 4/10s. I was told by a developer that the device you use shouldn't make a difference, and me having zero game development skills, I was willing to accept that. But I do find it odd that since switching from iOS to Android, I've noticed a lot more bugs and quirks that didn't seem to be in the iPhone version of the game.

I’m on iOS, match ratings aren’t the best but with the limited stats how the hell are they meant to be rated? I’ve always said that the ratings are based on three things: Key passes, Assists and goals. Everything else is disregarded. I’ve come to terms with it 😛

26 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’m on iOS, match ratings aren’t the best but with the limited stats how the hell are they meant to be rated? I’ve always said that the ratings are based on three things: Key passes, Assists and goals. Everything else is disregarded. I’ve come to terms with it 😛

I can't disregard it. How can you manage poor performance when your players are getting 7/10 after being hammered 6-0. 

If my RB is responsible for giving away a goal, being part of a defence that has conceded four goals and then on top of that, gets himself a red card, I want to be able to give him a rollicking after the match. I can't do that if he's been awarded an 8/10.

17 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I can't disregard it. How can you manage poor performance when your players are getting 7/10 after being hammered 6-0. 

If my RB is responsible for giving away a goal, being part of a defence that has conceded four goals and then on top of that, gets himself a red card, I want to be able to give him a rollicking after the match. I can't do that if he's been awarded an 8/10.

Have you tried OME? It does not have the player's rating problem like EME.

I can't understand how a lot of people think that the game is easy.I started as unemployment with unknown reputation in Korean ,Australian,Chinese and USA league....It took me a lot of seasons to find a decent tactic and team, so i can be competitive.After 7 seasons I have changed 4 teams (2 Korean teams ,1 australian and one chinese) . i was good in Wester sydney mariners and Renhe but i was pretty bad in Korea.It is really hard to have work permit for a lot of foreign players and I think that it is more difficult to win trophies.I only managed to win one Australian Cup after this time...Also during the first years a lot of players are dissapointed because you are not an experienced player and many players are dissapointed....

The game can be easy if you choose Real,Barca,Paris ,bayern but if you choose an average team ,you will have a great challenge.

2 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

sure what you mean by this. But FMM being a 'pick up and play game' should have little bearing on how player conditioning works

Because the game is intended to be played a match here and a match there and not half a season in one sitting, if you're jumping in and out of the game keeping track of conditioning could be a ball ache. I play in decent chunks and one thing I hate is never remembering when I last rotated and who played a lot in my last session as is. 

I recently played 11 matches in 36 days. My first XI were match fit for every single one of those games. That's a match every three days. That's unrealistic.

Like @Nucleusif I've experienced runs when I can pull this off I'll be paying for it later in the season. 

which means improving the squad through player acquisition would be more difficult

The rate at growth is the players decision, it's always your decision if you improve or not. If you're too weak to hold back that's not necessarily the games problem. 

realistic football management simulation

Then you should have far more bigger issues than the difficulty. Personally the game messes up the most when the developers focus on realism over gameplay. I recently had such a discussion with @Foxy which basically came to that conclusion, especially As SI pick and choose on a whim when FMM is a realistic game and when it's not. 

the video has nothing to do with FMM but realism vs gameplay and I think this is a serious issue with FMM, be warned it does involve offensive language so viewed discretion and all that but he makes excellent points and I can relate a lot of it to FMM. 

But imposing my own set of restrictions in order to make the game more difficult just doesn't seem right. What next? Play games with your striker in goal and your GK up front?Loads

Loads of real life managers find challenges restricted upon them by the board, sure ours are more extreme but every manager has things they can't control. 

Personally I don't see FMM as a simulation game but a RPG where I'm in control of the story and the lore, I can do as I please and have the adventure I want and that's why I love the game. 

there have been so many good points made here that i can't possibly give them all the credit that they deserve! but bravo to all :)

basically, it's a puzzle game based on real-life football. solve the tactics, solve the player purchases, follow the instructions, win the game. i can see @Ashez point about making it more difficult for yourself, but i do probably lean more to @Lillywhite Dean's way of thinking ("why should i have to?"). but, there are certainly other fair points about potentially ruining it for the majority of users if it's too tough, plus no doubt moaning ourselves about how it's suddenly become "unrealistic" in screwing you over randomly (which is very realistic, actually). in real life, my Bees are struggling this season, almost inexplicably. in our league, only 3 of the 24 teams get promoted. at least 15 of them are trying to be in that 3.  they're not all going to be successful.

in the game, i got promoted, and then didn't have to scrap to survive - i finished 6th! i trounced Prem clubs in the Cups on the way up and beat some of the big boys (easily) once i was up there. i had two starters earning less than 5k a week doing a good job. it's simply ridiculously unrealistic.

but it's just a game, i like getting my bees to win, and it is good fun.

i've been reading some of the challenges - this is my first year of really diving into the forum. they're interesting, sure. maybe i will pursue one after knocking down a couple of 30-year careers (last time i played regularly, FMM17, i did Brentford then Harrogate then got bored of the game). but they're quite convoluted too. i might prefer to play a slightly harder version of the game instead. i might not - i don't know. it's a good debate :)

8 hours ago, Dhxn said:

I just wanna know how you found it easy.....i am stressed beyond words just managing Slough.  Got them to PL and before that, my player ratings were good. Mostly youngsters but majority 4.5 stars. Come PL, MY BEST PLAYER IS ONLY 4 STARS 😭😭😭😭😭 how man.....

no disrespect but basically, just doing ALL the little things well. in almost every option of the game, making sure to get yourself set up to the optimum level. then you can't fail, really. get your scouts finding you players. improve the weakest members of the team/squad. level up, level up, level up.

there are a million and one tactics out there but i try to ensure that all of my players are good at Passing and Teamwork. and ideally Technique and Decisions. if they can all pass easily, make the right pass, and work for each other, that's probably going to be a decent team :) don't know why they don't just do that in real life, tbh 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mr Tree
Just now, Nucleus said:

Great, now we’ve got talking trees on Vibe

Don't worry his bark is worse than his bite 😛

7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

why should i have to?

Well you don't but I'm just saying there are hundreds of ways to make the game what you want it to be and that's why I love it. Challenges or self implemented restrictions are just an example of this that can give the game purpose, to give you a new goal to achieve instead of getting delusional about promotions being too easy. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

i could talk or i could lurk - your choice..........

Rooted to the forums already! I like you Tree 😁

added 0 minutes later

BD87A79D-8025-41E8-ACCA-F438A10F0E25.gif.a71501b0705ce1c04ffac44af00c584b.gif

1 hour ago, Ilias22 said:

I can't understand how a lot of people think that the game is easy.I started as unemployment with unknown reputation in Korean ,Australian,Chinese and USA league....It took me a lot of seasons to find a decent tactic and team, so i can be competitive.After 7 seasons I have changed 4 teams (2 Korean teams ,1 australian and one chinese) . i was good in Wester sydney mariners and Renhe but i was pretty bad in Korea.It is really hard to have work permit for a lot of foreign players and I think that it is more difficult to win trophies.I only managed to win one Australian Cup after this time...Also during the first years a lot of players are dissapointed because you are not an experienced player and many players are dissapointed....

The game can be easy if you choose Real,Barca,Paris ,bayern but if you choose an average team ,you will have a great challenge.

Different people, different idea of difficulty. Some people find some games too hard(like Soulsborne games), some do not find them hard.

& yes, the game can be easy, but what if someone want to manage one of the big clubs with very hard difficulty? You can't. Well, you "can," by making it difficult for yourself"(e.g. limiting your spending yourself), but that's not our job. It's the developers' job. & "making it difficult yourself" can only take you so far with how limited we can manipulate/interact with the game, hence the idea of adding difficulty setting.

2 minutes ago, TheServant said:

Different people, different idea of difficulty. Some people find some games too hard(like Soulsborne games), some do not find them hard.

& yes, the game can be easy, but what if someone want to manage one of the big clubs with very hard difficulty? You can't. Well, you "can," by making it difficult for yourself"(e.g. limiting your spending yourself), but that's not our job. It's the developers' job. & "making it difficult yourself" can only take you so far with how limited we can manipulate/interact with the game, hence the idea of adding difficulty setting.

What happens then when we all master this new hard mode you so crave? Another level up? Then another? When does it stop? Why can’t you implement even more extremes of difficulty yourself? Not getting enough injuries, then don’t use physios. Don’t want to develop super players? Turn training down to light and sack all your coaches. They’re just two off the top of my head, there’s a hundred more ways to make it more difficult on yourself without having the devs waste their time on something which only a minority of you seem to want.

I don't think that big clubs should have these kind of difficulties.That's the point when you manage  such a big club...I can't understand how it can be hard when you have the best academies,the best players ,the best training establishments and over 100+ milion transfer founds in order to cover 1-2 wicknesses.The manager's job is easy in such situations.

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’m trying to find more tree puns but I’m stumped 😛😂

You've got to be J-Oak-ing with that poor attempt! 

8 minutes ago, TheServant said:

Soulsborne

Dark Souls, I should have bet on that as I've been waiting for that reference/meme :D. 

8 minutes ago, TheServant said:

It's the developers' job

Yes and no, while I agree it is I'll still argue their mission is to achieve a good balance for casuals and the hard-core but at the same time FMM is a gateway game to FMT. Sure a difficulty level could add that balance but as yet we've not had one solid suggestion of how to implement it or into what area of the game. Can the game be too easy? Yeah it can I can't deny that but that in itself brings positives with it as it means we can do as we please. 

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

You can’t master BS and that is what we would get with a hard mode imo.

100% this, I 100% believe this topic is a be careful what you wish for. So often we have feature requests which sound cool on paper but no-one is thinking about what it would actually mean. Take training as a recent example as that's something I've pushed for for years and now I hate it and don't use it, sure it's been implemented in a time sink way and not how I'd have liked it but it's an example of a feature I wanted that imo went tits up. 

I bought FM touch last year, if you want a harder game try that. I got sacked before the end of the first season on every save I tried. It was so much harder that I just gave up and stopped playing it. I used to buy the pc version every year till 2012 when I discovered fmh on the psp and it reminded me of my favourite version which was CM97/98. 

FM Touch doesn’t cost that much more than FMM, so if you want a harder version why not just buy that.  I for one hope they don’t ruin the simplicity of FMM 

11 hours ago, macmole said:

my favourite version which was CM97/98.

Same. Was my favourite version by a mile. Was so simple back then.

Step 1 - Buy Robbie Keane

Step 2 - Put him in the hole behind the 2 strikers and select 'Run with ball'

Step 3 - Sit back and watch him score 100 goals a season 😁

19 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Same. Was my favourite version by a mile. Was so simple back then.

Step 1 - Buy Robbie Keane

Step 2 - Put him in the hole behind the 2 strikers and select 'Run with ball'

Step 3 - Sit back and watch him score 100 goals a season 😁

I forgot which CM it was but you could set your striker to man mark the opposition GK resulting in him getting massive amounts of goals.

Absolutely loving the game. However, here are afew things I’ve noticed that need addressing.

Bids for 4 or 5* players: I’ve got a regen striker who bangs in 40+ goals every season and not one team has ever made an bid for him! Infact I’ve won the Premier League three times in a row with Saints and I’ve not had one bid from any club unless the player is transfer listed. It ruins the feel of the game for me and makes it too easy to hang on to your best players.

Keeping unhappy players: It’s way too simple to keep unhappy players and they still perform. No matter how bad morale is, the player will always perform for me. There should be an option where the player goes AWOL or at least their form should decline.

Job offers: Won over 16 trophies in 11 seasons with Saints and I’ve not even been linked with a job! Not even a job offer. Again, this ruins the realism.

Injuries: I don’t think there are enough injuries on the game. I can almost pick the same team for the whole season with only a few injuries. I’ve never had anyone injured for more than 2 months. On a positive, the players fitness doesn’t struggle as in previous versions.

Just to reiterate I think this version is the best yet. These are just observations I’ve noticed from playing the game.