Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

1 minute ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Re: the layers comment - are you a developer? 

If your interpretation of a difficulty setting was the one that SI decided to implement then you  would still have a choice in the matter. You can play a game with super keepers or stick to the original setup. That's what people need to remember about a difficulty setting. You have a choice. You don't have to play on the hardest setting if you don't want to.

In this community would you though? 

We've already seen an almost elitist mentality from EME players looking down on ome players/achievements. A difficulty setting would have similar issues where it's hard mode or your achievement means nothing.

2 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Can I see your polling numbers to confirm this minority fact of yours?

My previous comment basically covers this. 

32 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Re: the layers comment - are you a developer? 

If your interpretation of a difficulty setting was the one that SI decided to implement then you  would still have a choice in the matter. You can play a game with super keepers or stick to the original setup. That's what people need to remember about a difficulty setting. You have a choice. You don't have to play on the hardest setting if you don't want to.

I'm too old and too wise to know that this conversation isn't going to end with us singing songs by the lake in agreement. So let's disagree. 

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

For me, I'd be happy with an instant save mode. It doesn't make the game easier itself, but it does remove all possibility of reloading etc. That would be a pseudo hard mode for some (and would remove any doubt from our challenges and competitions :) ). But I'm not expecting that...

I wouldnt like instant save idea. It would make lot harder to create tactic, atleast for me as i like to reload games much if im testing tactics. Best option for would be same badge or something like that what would show that save game hasnt reloaded. That would solve same problem but would leave players option to reload while they are looking tactic.

56 minutes ago, fRESH said:

I wouldnt like instant save idea. It would make lot harder to create tactic, atleast for me as i like to reload games much if im testing tactics. Best option for would be same badge or something like that what would show that save game hasnt reloaded. That would solve same problem but would leave players option to reload while they are looking tactic.

Agreed. Or have something like a 'Practice Mode' where you can play 1 season whilst testing formations and tactics etc...

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

In this community would you though? 

We've already seen an almost elitist mentality from EME players looking down on ome players/achievements. A difficulty setting would have similar issues where it's hard mode or your achievement means nothing.

My previous comment basically covers this. 

Why can't some people accept that a difficulty setting would allow people the choice of either playing FMM really hard or as it is now. It wouldn't be forced upon you. It would be up to you to decide how difficult you want the game to be. 

I am really struggling to understand this.

As for "elitist mentality".. I do find that hard to believe. And who cares if people claim their achievements on a more difficult setting matter more. Who would actually care?

Posting here as I don't know if this is important enough to warrant its own post. Do you guys know what the latest update fixed or added? 

It says they've fixed the coach influence bug and a few other small bugs which I hope are training bugs as I love training my players to fit my style and get the best out of them. 

11 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Can I see your polling numbers to confirm this minority fact of yours?

It isn't needed. Given the number of downloads made, and given what you have said I think there would be a much higher number of people complaining the game is too easy than there is. It's a modern world with easy access for people to vent their frustrations should they wish too. The people that are doing so from what I have seen are in the minority. This place and other forums or Facebook groups etc would be flooded with complaints if the issue was as greatly widespread among people as you are making out. The fact is it's not happening in the numbers you seem to suggest and for that, we need not a poll, but only our eyes to read the comments both good and bad. The evidence is there for all to see. Nothing more I will be saying on it now because I feel you have an axe to grind and this debate as you put it, will go on circles.

15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

The reloaders would stop posting and we'd be left with only a handful careers. Ours and a couple more only 😆

I'll admit I was sorely sorely tested that time Colidio instantly retired at the beginning of the season when he was only 7 goals short of 1.5K... Had to walk away for a bit before I hit Save (it was over, but I had to save so I couldn't go back)...

I can understand the temptation and don't want to throw too many stones, which is why a hard save mode would be great. No questions any more...

9 hours ago, fRESH said:

We've been talking about this for a few years now at least. Last time we talked about it, we were suggesting it would be a save by save option. I left that part out sorry. I don't think anyone is suggesting that it would replace the current system, just be a per save option.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

We've been talking about this for a few years now at least. Last time we talked about it, we were suggesting it would be a save by save option. I left that part out sorry. I don't think anyone is suggesting that it would replace the current system, just be a per save option.

Having this option would really, really slow the game down. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I'll admit I was sorely sorely tested that time Colidio instantly retired at the beginning of the season when he was only 7 goals short of 1.5K... Had to walk away for a bit before I hit Save (it was over, but I had to save so I couldn't go back)...

WOW!!! 😱

I cant imagine how you must have felt... 

5 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

WOW!!! 😱

I cant imagine how you must have felt... 

LoL, it was definitely a mind f@ck. I literally posted on the career thread: "7 goals to go, no way he can miss it now", then started pre-season and out of nowhere: 

image.thumb.png.12cbb811ca4500cec7e8fa7c4d9df826.png

I mean... What can you say to that!?

Seriously though, I did actually think about reloading... It was sooooo tempting. I'd been playing that for 23 seasons. But in the end, what happened, happened... That's the game. I've had more than my fair share of good stuff, so gotta take the bad stuff too.

This game has been enjoyable for me this year. Not really any major bugs but a new feature I would like is to be able to change formation when defending and when attacking. When attacking I would like a 3-4-1-2 but when defending I would prefer my team be in a 4-4-2. This would help in having more men in attack while knowing that my defence in a 4-4-2 would be rock solid.

11 minutes ago, Scratch said:

LoL, it was definitely a mind f@ck. I literally posted on the career thread: "7 goals to go, no way he can miss it now", then started pre-season and out of nowhere: 

image.thumb.png.12cbb811ca4500cec7e8fa7c4d9df826.png

I mean... What can you say to that!?

I just found that career and read through the last 4 seasons quickly. How frustrating! Especially given the fact he said he was going to retire at the end of the season but then said he would play on for another season. Then the season begins and BAM! - Immediate retirement and said the testimonial went well or something. Madness!

1 minute ago, DutchTony said:

I just found that career and read through the last 4 seasons quickly. How frustrating! Especially given the fact he said he was going to retire at the end of the season but then said he would play on for another season. Then the season begins and BAM! - Immediate retirement and said the testimonial went well or something. Madness!

Total madness. Mind you, thinking about it now, if he'd played on and made it 1.5K then no-one would ever look at that career again, whereas because of the shock retirement, people are still looking at it - so maybe it was for the best after all! :D

15 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Why can't some people accept that a difficulty setting would allow people the choice of either playing FMM really hard or as it is now. It wouldn't be forced upon you. It would be up to you to decide how difficult you want the game to be. 

I am really struggling to understand this.

Some people are simply afraid of change. I remember when many console gamers were "afraid" of graphics setting on console games. "Console games do not need graphics setting. They're just fine without it," "The developers are the ones who know the game best, so just let them tweak the graphics for us," "Who cares about graphics setting? No one. If it ain't broken, don't fix it!." & now, almost all the games on Xbox One X/PS4 Pro have graphics setting & many people are happy with it, because they have more options now.

10 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

It isn't needed. Given the number of downloads made, and given what you have said I think there would be a much higher number of people complaining the game is too easy than there is. It's a modern world with easy access for people to vent their frustrations should they wish too. The people that are doing so from what I have seen are in the minority. This place and other forums or Facebook groups etc would be flooded with complaints if the issue was as greatly widespread among people as you are making out. The fact is it's not happening in the numbers you seem to suggest and for that, we need not a poll, but only our eyes to read the comments both good and bad. The evidence is there for all to see. Nothing more I will be saying on it now because I feel you have an axe to grind and this debate as you put it, will go on circles.

People don't tend to complain if they are winning. People only complain when they can't win.

19 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

You lot still banging on about a difficulty setting 😂 ain’t happening, get over it

Fortunately, you are not the one who makes the decision.

Come on though lads, is a difficulty setting realistic? Like how many managers have the board will be essy, normal or difficult written into their contract? Would these managers need to get every other club in the league to agree to it as well? And every player? I just don't think it fits into the realism FMM strives for

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unless....I've got it! It's not a difficulty setting but a corruption setting! On easy no one is working against you and you're the corrupt one bribing everyone, but on hard the tables have turned as the bribes are now heading to your opposition to beat you and your players to throw games. 

1 hour ago, TheServant said:

Fortunately, you are not the one who makes the decision.

Thank god for that too, otherwise I’d lose sleep trying to please your complaining ass

22 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Thank god for that too, otherwise I’d lose sleep trying to please your complaining ass

I am glad that we agree on this matter. Thank you.

Ive not been on here for months, maybe longer, as i havent had fmm since er i cant remember which version it was 16 or 17, the reviews on the play store dont fill me with confidence, buy now, wait for a sale, wait for future patches, what would be the advice, thankyou

2 minutes ago, russy said:

Ive not been on here for months, maybe longer, as i havent had fmm since er i cant remember which version it was 16 or 17, the reviews on the play store dont fill me with confidence, buy now, wait for a sale, wait for future patches, what would be the advice, thankyou

Buy it mate. It's only a few quid and most issues have been fixed.

is there still 2 different match engines, if i remember correctly the original was easy and enhanced well harder, but alot better as you dont dick on everyone, is this the same

10 minutes ago, russy said:

is there still 2 different match engines, if i remember correctly the original was easy and enhanced well harder, but alot better as you dont dick on everyone, is this the same

Yep still OME and EME.

I expect the OME hasnt changed since you last played but you may find the enhanced match engine a little different.

Just now, Foxy said:

Yep still OME and EME.

I expect the OME hasnt changed since you last played but you may find the enhanced match engine a little different.

ok thanks, but EME gives a better feel to the game?

2 minutes ago, russy said:

ok thanks, but EME gives a better feel to the game?

Each to there own really.

With the EME you get to see the little dots run around but whether its more realistic is a matter of opinion.