Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Each to there own really.

With the EME you get to see the little dots run around but whether its more realistic is a matter of opinion. 

I played a few games last night on OME which I used to love but haven’t used that engine in a year or so. Felt weird. To be honest - I need the little dots 😆

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

Come on though lads, is a difficulty setting realistic? Like how many managers have the board will be essy, normal or difficult written into their contract? Would these managers need to get every other club in the league to agree to it as well? And every player? I just don't think it fits into the realism FMM strives for

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unless....I've got it! It's not a difficulty setting but a corruption setting! On easy no one is working against you and you're the corrupt one bribing everyone, but on hard the tables have turned as the bribes are now heading to your opposition to beat you and your players to throw games. 

I think that should only apply to a free version called "Pirates of the Football Manager"

3 hours ago, russy said:

So the difference is EME is better for showing the match and that's it

No, the AI are smarter on EME so matches are harder than with OME.

Games like these are what make FMM enjoyable. At half-time I was 3-1 up and I thought I had it in the bag so I pressed play, went to get a bottle of water, came back to a 4-4 scoreline. Made some tactical adjustments and managed to get the game in my favor.Screenshot_20181203-212031.thumb.png.5bee4add74b95c5a81744ed28f67dcdf.png

1 hour ago, Yung.Gabe said:

Games like these are what make FMM enjoyable. At half-time I was 3-1 up and I thought I had it in the bag so I pressed play, went to get a bottle of water, came back to a 4-4 scoreline. Made some tactical adjustments and managed to get the game in my favor.Screenshot_20181203-212031.thumb.png.5bee4add74b95c5a81744ed28f67dcdf.png

Not enjoyable if you're on the other side 😂😂

9 hours ago, Yung.Gabe said:

This match would irritate me.

4 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

This match would irritate me.

Which is what you’ll get all the time with a harder difficulty.

32 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Care to explain?

I think he means that is the kind scenario that would persist if FMM's difficulty is harder, which makes sense in a way, but there are many ways to make FMM harder. He's just trying to justify his view of anti-difficulty setting by choosing the worse possible example of FMM being harder. That's like saying you will get killed if you climb a mountain. That's a possibility, yes, but that's the worst case scenario.

10 minutes ago, TheServant said:

but that's the worst case scenario

Incorrect, it’s the only scenario if they gave you your difficulty setting. The amount of bullshit already present in the game would simply be amplified to frustrate the player even more so than it does already

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Incorrect, it’s the only scenario if they gave you your difficulty setting. The amount of bullshit already present in the game would simply be amplified to frustrate the player even more so than it does already

I've repeatedly asked for other examples and get nothing, yet they expect SI to whip some magic up. 

49 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It seems that you know FMM very well just like the developers. Good for you.

2 minutes ago, TheServant said:

It seems that you know FMM very well just like the developers. Good for you.

Oh for gods sake open your eyes man! 😂

And please answer @Ashez‘s question, he’s getting very irritated at his extremely valid points being ignored

7 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Oh for gods sake open your eyes man! 😂

And please answer @Ashez‘s question, he’s getting very irritated at his extremely valid points being ignored

Honestly, I have always been trying to be open to solid arguments & respectful discourse.

& you have not responded my valid points at the beginning of the discussion, so I guess you & I are not that different.

Just now, TheServant said:

Honestly, I have always been trying to be open to solid arguments & respectful discourse.

& you have not responded my valid points at the beginning of the discussion, so I guess you & I are not that different.

Which valid points were they? Seemed to have missed them amongst all the other BS you seem to want in the game 

Just now, Nucleus said:

Which valid points were they? Seemed to have missed them amongst all the other BS you seem to want in the game 

It seems that you are taking all of this discussion too personally. That's unfortunate.

Thank you for your time.

Just now, TheServant said:

It seems that you are taking all of this discussion too personally. That's unfortunate.

Thank you for your time.

Not taking it personally at all, in fact I’m rather enjoying listening to your opinion being thrown under the bus by everyone apart from one other member. Makes for fantastic reading

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I've repeatedly asked for other examples and get nothing, yet they expect SI to whip some magic up. 

If you're asking for examples of how to make the game more difficult then I have provided some of those examples to you.

But I'm not sure why you would expect non game developers to come up with satisfactory solutions that only experienced game developers could come up with. As I've said previously, it's not for us to worry about. If SI seriously thought a difficulty level or a way in which to make the game more challenging was worth doing, they would find a way of doing it. But until they respond and say "sorry guys, its not possible", then there's no harm in asking for it.

added 0 minutes later
4 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Not taking it personally at all, in fact I’m rather enjoying listening to your opinion being thrown under the bus by everyone apart from one other member. Makes for fantastic reading

You are coming across as a bit narky. 

9 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

But I'm not sure why you would expect non game developers t

Personally I think that's the point. You aren't a developer so you could imagine absolutely anything while a developer is tied into what they know is possible. 

37 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Personally I think that's the point. You aren't a developer so you could imagine absolutely anything while a developer is tied into what they know is possible. 

Exactly this.

Just because they are developers, it does not at all imply that they can conjure some magical way to increase the difficulty. Alternatively, we can.

The developers are constrained in many ways unlike us. If you guys have ideas on how to increase the difficulty, your best chance of having just that is to bring up some creative ideas. In this whole discussion, we have not seen a single idea being brought up. Explains why the developers have to resort to increasing bs in the game to satisfy your difficulty desires if I am to be honest...

This is getting a bit silly now, to be honest.

There are ways they could do something around difficulty (I mentioned some a couple of pages back). But...

1. We have no way of knowing what their actual constraints are - and yes there will constraints on what is feasible to be built.
  2. They have to be very conservative about what ideas they bring into the product - let in too much and it will become bloated, unbalanced, etc.
  3. They have to stick to their vision for the product - some of our ideas will be outside that vision.

Bottom line: arguing about it here is pointless. If you have great ideas, go pitch them to SI Games on their forums. If they fit their vision, won't mess up the game and are feasible, then they will likely consider them.

I mean, yes, this is the place to discuss the game, including how to make it better, but it doesn't seem we're going anywhere with this, just round and round in circles... And it's not going to convince SI Games of anything either way at this point. 

So yeah, now I'm arguing and being condescending!! 😨 Gonna step back now. Peace everybody ☮️

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

mean, yes, this is the place to discuss the game, including how to make it better, but it doesn't seem we're going anywhere with this, just round and round in circles... And it's not going to convince SI Games of anything either way at this point

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

This discusion got boring a week ago and is now turning into an excuse for both sides of the argument to keep winding each other up. If you all wish to continue “discussing” the difficulty of the game then please do so over PM.

There is clearly nothing new that can be added to this discussion so it stops now.

My last post got removed by someone. The post that's respectfully disagree with other user & even thanking the user who disagree with me. I want to say this is a surprise, but I do not think it is.

5 minutes ago, TheServant said:

My last post got removed by someone. The post that's respectfully disagree with other user & even thanking the user who disagree with me. I want to say this is a surprise, but I do not think it is.

My post above putting an end to the discussion and your post went live at the same time with mine above yours therefore looking like the discussion was being continued after my post so I took the decision to hide your post. It would make no difference who posted below my comment it would have been deleted and it was nothing personal against you or your post.

Just to make my stance clear this discussion has now finished as it is going nowhere. It makes no difference who posts about it on either side of the argument below my last post there comment will be deleted as yours was.

So, what’s the biggest changes everyone’s had to make to their standard way of playing this year?

For me, training is obviously a big one, but I think I’ve got my head around that now - thanks @Nucleus for the guide. 

I am finding tactically that high line doesn’t work as well as it used to for me, even with quick defenders.

2 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

For me, training is obviously a big one, but I think I’ve got my head around that now - thanks @Nucleus for the guide

I actually think it is very similar to what it always was, just now we can see what was hidden before and manipulate a player's shape better.

Everything seems to fit with what I've seen in previous versions, including players developing faster when you play them, players topping out in one country (ie new "Needs to play at a higher level to improve" message), but having a burst when they move to a more prestigious country, etc. Love it!

21 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I actually think it is very similar to what it always was, just now we can see what was hidden before and manipulate a player's shape better.

Everything seems to fit with what I've seen in previous versions, including players developing faster when you play them, players topping out in one country (ie new "Needs to play at a higher level to improve" message), but having a burst when they move to a more prestigious country, etc. Love it!

Yeah, totally agree on the unhiding the hidden. I dare say I actually prefer it. 

Is there a reason why you start the game at 47 years old? Not that it effects the mechanics of the game but it seems odd that you can start unknown with no coaching badges at 47 and still land jobs.... yet once you have proven yourself you're almost always overlooked for sideways jobs!

31 minutes ago, Twister045 said:

Is there a reason why you start the game at 47 years old? Not that it effects the mechanics of the game but it seems odd that you can start unknown with no coaching badges at 47 and still land jobs.... yet once you have proven yourself you're almost always overlooked for sideways jobs!

47 seems an odd age tbf not that I had ever noticed, 35 seems a better age as then if you do 30 seasons you would retire at 65.