Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

Some of the bugs/faults I don’t even care about tbh but I just think some of them have sucked any fun out of this years FMM. I don’t think all players are necessarily mercenaries @Ashez especially if you are winning everything. Players develop no loyalty for the club or you as a manager and all seem on the verge of throwing a tantrum the second they put in a decent run of form. Why does the board always hate you at the start of a new season despite winning everything in the previous season. Why do your fans constantly get annoyed or bored if you draw away to one of the big clubs. Why does potential change on almost a weekly basis. Why does a player have zero development from training or match experience despite still being young and having a massive step up in staff quality, facilities and competition. Why would playing Accrington Stanley away in the cup as an EPL team give your players match experience but playing Man U away in the cup as a championship team Doesn’t. Why is the match engine so stupid. Virtually every game I take a 2-3 goal lead then my crappy opponents turn on beast mode and whatever tactics I employ make no difference to them being able to score with every shot on target. Why does a players fan standing change so randomly. I had one player who had a terrible 4 months but stayed very popular then had 2 immense man of the match games and it went down to normal. 

Im just randomly rattling off bugs now out of frustration as the game makes zero sense but what I should do is sit and play it for a couple of hours listing all the bugs I come across but I know it’s pointless coz they’ve got the full bug list already and don’t seem to give af. 70% of the bugs were there in last years version (or previous versions) and nothing has ever been done about it but at least last year was playable.

Edit: I tried assigning training to my assistant and he literally didn’t change one thing once for 5 seasons.

Edited by LenTheWelsh
On 03/03/2019 at 16:46, LenTheWelsh said:

Some of the bugs/faults I don’t even care about tbh but I just think some of them have sucked any fun out of this years FMM. I don’t think all players are necessarily mercenaries @Ashez especially if you are winning everything. Players develop no loyalty for the club or you as a manager and all seem on the verge of throwing a tantrum the second they put in a decent run of form. Why does the board always hate you at the start of a new season despite winning everything in the previous season. Why do your fans constantly get annoyed or bored if you draw away to one of the big clubs. Why does potential change on almost a weekly basis. Why does a player have zero development from training or match experience despite still being young and having a massive step up in staff quality, facilities and competition. Why would playing Accrington Stanley away in the cup as an EPL team give your players match experience but playing Man U away in the cup as a championship team Doesn’t. Why is the match engine so stupid. Virtually every game I take a 2-3 goal lead then my crappy opponents turn on beast mode and whatever tactics I employ make no difference to them being able to score with every shot on target. Why does a players fan standing change so randomly. I had one player who had a terrible 4 months but stayed very popular then had 2 immense man of the match games and it went down to normal. 

Im just randomly rattling off bugs now out of frustration as the game makes zero sense but what I should do is sit and play it for a couple of hours listing all the bugs I come across but I know it’s pointless coz they’ve got the full bug list already and don’t seem to give af. 70% of the bugs were there in last years version (or previous versions) and nothing has ever been done about it but at least last year was playable.

Edit: I tried assigning training to my assistant and he literally didn’t change one thing once for 5 seasons.

i find it very playable - i've had lots of fun out of it. i got sacked in my first save but learned a few things and doing well on it now. it's just a puzzle game based on real-life football, innit?

i don't observe my assistant to such a degree but the players get trained up 🤷‍♂️

it doesn't make "zero" sense. i'd say it's much closer to 100% sense than zero sense, actually. it's not super-realistic and it is pretty easy, but it's a game :)

i've had players who bond with the club or name you as a favoured person. i haven't had the board hate me going into the next season. i've seen expectations get raised but not really cared for the glib post-match descriptions. the potential stars seem to go up and down based on form - took me a while to get used to too. i've had loads of players develop well (see my Albion career). regarding losing leads, have you tried checking the comments post-match? my Dynamo Dresden team had one shocking season / run, and it became clear my CB's were the weak-link - resolved, started rinsing it.

is "standing" their fan standing?! i always thought it meant their standing within the squad :D i could easily be wrong, it's happened before. that does sound funny though, even in my assumption - he played well twice and everyone else in the squad was like "alright Charlie, settle down, (twat)"

it's a game, it should be fun. don't let it get to you. if it does get to you.... it might be worth finding other hobbies. read a book, etc :)

On 02/03/2019 at 22:09, LenTheWelsh said:

Hey lads, Is anyone managing to play 2019 for longer than an hour without wanting to break something? Is this the most frustrating version of FMM yet or is it just me? At least last year it was fun bringing through youth players but the new training has put a stop to all that. It’s the least I’ve played FM since I started playing the first champ manager 😢 

I have found the new training is easier to get youngsters good in the areas i want. 

I think this years version, whilst not perfect, is a decent improvement on last year.

10 hours ago, kts365 said:

I have found the new training is easier to get youngsters good in the areas i want. 

I think this years version, whilst not perfect, is a decent improvement on last year.

Yep this was a huge improvement from the previous years. Previously, if a good player came through my academy but didn't fit my tactic I would have to sell him eventually without even getting to play him. 

For example, a short striker(with less than 10 aerials) would never fit in my system. So I would get rid of him in previous versions. But in this new version I can train him up to be a great TM! 

So, if it is the training your complaining about then I believe your standard may just be too high. (referring to the other guy) 

Edited by RPA123456
18 hours ago, kts365 said:

I could tell you just threw away a lead after dominating a match

The training is excellent with youngsters but still frustrating with older players, especially the reputation system. 

I'm currently Celtic and the first few years were extremely tough to grow and improve the squad, I couldn't get top players for obvious reasons but every time I signed someone with potential, or a few stats off what I wanted they'd instantly peak. It led to the squad stagnating somewhat as I struggled to take us to the next step, tbf I was better off focusing on improving my financial state than developing players as the players had a glass ceiling yet once I had money I could basically buy who I wanted. 

I'll admit it was fun having to think outside the box and it's been the most fun I've had building a squad for years in truth, but that's easy to say once I'm in a good position, at the time it was infuriating. I am partly to blame though as I do my best to avoid regens which unfortunately this system is 100% for and it's very jarring after the previous training system. 

20 hours ago, kts365 said:

I find it fun but not realistic. I hope next year they will do an attribute cap of a player. I actually made a Ramos regen with 20 shooting but the Libero this year is underwhelming. 

Speaking of training, I have a huge problem now. I can't train the roles or attributes of players out on loan! 

This is seriously going to ruin my mood as I'm the kind of manager who picks 22 players at the start of the season and sends the rest on loan. Nearly half my team spends their time out on loan until they're good enough to play for the first team or to be sold for a profit... 

This new 'fix' to training has made this game less fun for me... :(

10 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Bye bye 1K Challenge 😛 According to SI, 40+ matches a season is too much for a player to handle

Is it really that bad?!?

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Is it really that bad?!?

Mate it’s absolutely shocking. I understand that they’re trying to make it realistic but having to rotate a full XI every single game is anything but! Done with this game like 😂

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Mate it’s absolutely shocking. I understand that they’re trying to make it realistic but having to rotate a full XI every single game is anything but! Done with this game like 😂

It's really annoying I hope they find a balance in the near future

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR APP!

I’ve played this game since the PSP days and I genuinely don’t remember any time worse than it currently is now. The fitness issue almost renders the game unplayable. Wish I’d turned auto-update off. 

9 hours ago, Jack said:

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR APP!

I’ve played this game since the PSP days and I genuinely don’t remember any time worse than it currently is now. The fitness issue almost renders the game unplayable. Wish I’d turned auto-update off. 

Only if I didn't do that mistake 😩

On 09/03/2019 at 04:16, Nucleus said:

Bye bye 1K Challenge 😛 According to SI, 40+ matches a season is too much for a player to handle

So will there be a new thread for 1k Challenge winter update? Hehe. Noticed it too, I was aimimg for you 2k aftee the update but I guess it's goodbye for now. 

So, anyone here who is also active on the official SI Community forum for FMM? 

What do you guys think about that forum compared to this one? 

I personally think this forum is more casual and better for career stories, casual chats and tactics while the SI forum is better for important issues that you want the devs to take note of. 

What I mean is, this forum is better for communication amongst players while the SI forum is better for communication between the players and the devs. 

What do you guys think? 

29 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

So, anyone here who is also active on the official SI Community forum for FMM? 

What do you guys think about that forum compared to this one? 

I personally think this forum is more casual and better for career stories, casual chats and tactics while the SI forum is better for important issues that you want the devs to take note of. 

What I mean is, this forum is better for communication amongst players while the SI forum is better for communication between the players and the devs. 

What do you guys think? 

I’m a member of the Si site but rarely post anything. They seem to focus more on the desktop game and FM Touch. I think some of the devs are members here and do view this site but others will know more about that. Anyway I much prefer this forum over the Si one in just about every way. 

For me the new fitness update is great. 

Means you really need to look after your squad and use all your players and think 2 or 3 games ahead.

No team plays the same players week in week out. And I don't think it's too much of a time consuming addition. 

I'm all for quick pick up and play and no media interaction etc in the mobile version but we will want a some what realistic experience and squad rotation is just that.

What's the point in signing players if your not going to utilise the squad. Love the new addition and hope SI don't remove it in a future update. 

The fitness nerf to me seems fair, since most of my players completely regain their stamina when playing games on a weekly schedule. It's only the midweek games that require squad rotation, which makes sense realistically speaking.

Edit: Only issue though is that the AI gets affected by it too, so their condition is woeful at best during matches! Hopefully the AI condition bug gets fixed in future for a level playing experience..

Edited by Thirsk
Just now, Thirsk said:

The fitness nerf to me seems fair, since most of my players completely regain their stamina when playing games on a weekly schedule. It's only the midweek games that require squad rotation, which makes sense realistically speaking.

I thinks it’s slightly too much though but it’s just my opinion as even defenders need rotating and even at beginning of the season. Think about lower league campaigns where teams usually play mid week and weekends most weeks and those players will probably have lower stamina. I have a few younger players who aren’t developed yet and I can hardly get them on the pitch at all, they just stay in 80’s condition. I think it just needs knocked back a good bit but maybe not right to where it was before.

8 minutes ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Okay so a guy recently posted my tactic which I posted on another forum of fmm and claims it to be his own...... can you guys do anything about it??? 

Hmm I'm not a person who can do anything, but maybe if you post proof and get in contact with the mods they can remove the post that was stolen from you. 

13 minutes ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Okay so a guy recently posted my tactic which I posted on another forum of fmm and claims it to be his own...... can you guys do anything about it??? 

Myself or @samhardy would need some proof of this before we would consider deleting anyone’s post.

16 hours ago, 1759 said:

I thinks it’s slightly too much though but it’s just my opinion as even defenders need rotating and even at beginning of the season. Think about lower league campaigns where teams usually play mid week and weekends most weeks and those players will probably have lower stamina. I have a few younger players who aren’t developed yet and I can hardly get them on the pitch at all, they just stay in 80’s condition. I think it just needs knocked back a good bit but maybe not right to where it was before.

New update is incoming (should be out around 'now') which takes a mid-point between the two situations ... let me know how it feels.

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

New update is incoming (should be out around 'now') which takes a mid-point between the two situations ... let me know how it feels.

Hi, do i have to re-start my career?

Thanks for the answer..

2 minutes ago, Wade said:

Hi, do i have to re-start my career?

Thanks for the answer..

You won't have to, no. At least not usually. 

On 12/03/2019 at 10:38, Bailly3 said:

For me the new fitness update is great. 

Means you really need to look after your squad and use all your players and think 2 or 3 games ahead.

No team plays the same players week in week out. And I don't think it's too much of a time consuming addition. 

I'm all for quick pick up and play and no media interaction etc in the mobile version but we will want a some what realistic experience and squad rotation is just that.

What's the point in signing players if your not going to utilise the squad. Love the new addition and hope SI don't remove it in a future update. 

Have you noticed a difference to player fitness in the most recent update (12-Mar). I think SI have reversed it.

I updated my FMM earlier this morning and now my players don't have an issue with match fitness. I played three games in nine days the worst conditioning rating a player had was 89%. Most had 100%.