Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

In my experience, if the salary is the issue, the news item says like "You have received no responses to your offer of Player X. It might be that his salary level is beyond what's affordable for other clubs". In which case, you can't do much - just be patient, keep trying, but you might struggle to even give them away for free. Again, think Alexis Sanchez, or my bees have had this waste of space Josh McEachran for the last couple of years - we signed a contract with him on terms that no team would possibly honour now, so it's not in his interest to leave, and noone will take him on. Just something to consider when you sign players, innit.

Otherwise, if you're getting messages about "You have received a couple of enquiries for Player X. It remains to be seen if they will become formal bids", but nothing comes, then yeah, lower the price in your offer to make the deal more tempting.

I've had a couple of players hang around like a bad smell, but nothing too excessive.

Thanks for your info! Will try to get rid of them to lower the wage.

I'm new to FMM, and I'm curious if you run games just normally or know a way to make it quick, because there's no skipping games except holiday thing but that doesn't use my tactics.

54 minutes ago, Johny0933 said:

I'm new to FMM, and I'm curious if you run games just normally or know a way to make it quick, because there's no skipping games except holiday thing but that doesn't use my tactics.

There are options in the bottom-right corner during a match - you can make the games max speed, plus commentary only (so it doesn't show the dots kicking the ball around)

15 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

There are options in the bottom-right corner during a match - you can make the games max speed, plus commentary only (so it doesn't show the dots kicking the ball around)

Thanks for the reply, but I already had those setting and it took me about 4 hours to get a single season done. Does everyone do the same?

12 minutes ago, Johny0933 said:

Thanks for the reply, but I already had those setting and it took me about 4 hours to get a single season done. Does everyone do the same?

Welcome to the FMM zzzzzzzz 

One option is to try the OME which is typically a much faster experience, the EME is more complicated but due to that it runs alot slower. Personally I have no issues with the OME but some people do, so it depends if you value gameplay or speed more. 

13 minutes ago, Johny0933 said:

I watch the games. I honestly don't know why you would want to skip them. It's an integral part of FMM.

The official SI forums has a thread on requests. You could always post a message asking for a skip function to be added.

13 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

The official SI forums has a thread on requests. You could always post a message asking for a skip function to be added.

They've said here before they won't be implementing an instant sim button as it beats the point of the game which I agree with. However I do also think FMM has morphed into a massive time sink. Training, conditioning, transfers and the EME are all a process and are getting more time intensive by the update. On the OME you could knock a season out in 2-3 hours, now we're looking at more 4-7 from my experience. 

The time investment is a big turn off for me and it means I'm often turned off challenges/saves due to this, a ten season save is 40-60 hours which is a tad much imo. Especially coming from the earlier days, I used to smash seasons out in an evening but now it's a month or two at most before I'm fed up. 

43 minutes ago, Johny0933 said:

Just checked my long-running career, I'm in February of my 20th season and that's been 7 days and 8.5 hours apparently (gulp). So 176.5 hours total, so about 9 hours per season? I have key highlights on (no replays) and play at about 3/4 of the way to "fastest" on the match speed indicator.

Can I unlock sugar daddy from just loading another save, or will I have to actually play the save a few times?

Four hours for a season is a hell of an effort tbf!

I haven’t really worked it out but I guess I take about 6 to about 8 hours a season over a few evenings depending on my motivation and the save I have going and the stage I am at with it. So if I’m further into a save and the squad is pretty much sorted I can fly through the games but the early seasons take longer because of squad building, training etc.

I feel rather lucky that the EME runs incredibly fast on my devices. I usually run pitch highlights whilst I’m getting my tactic right and then commentary only on max speed.

Before the winter update I could blast seasons out rather rapidly if I wanted to but now that has slowed due to the fitness tweaks to I’d say about 4 hours a season which is still really fast I guess.

I’ve tried saving two different elevens for quickness but that never works out right and still find I need to make loads of changes anyway.

53 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

So 176.5 hours total, 

See I just can't justify that time investment on a whim or a save SI could kill at any second. All it takes is an update or a serious injury and that's a stupid amount of time lost. This winter update hit my save like a kick to the balls just because SI felt like it, when I can't trust the game how am I meant to invest days and weeks into one idea? 

Anyway there are so many other gaming experiences I'd rather spend 180 hours on than dots on a screen 😂

53 minutes ago, Ashez said:

See I just can't justify that time investment on a whim or a save SI could kill at any second. All it takes is an update or a serious injury and that's a stupid amount of time lost. This winter update hit my save like a kick to the balls just because SI felt like it, when I can't trust the game how am I meant to invest days and weeks into one idea? 

Anyway there are so many other gaming experiences I'd rather spend 180 hours on than dots on a screen 😂

whereas this is all i actually do, game-wise, so i'm cool with it (and don't seem to have the same problems with SI). indeed my life is pretty much this, NBA playoffs, looking after my littl'un and occasionally acknowledging my wife, and ignoring the huge pile of tasks i should be doing otherwise..... 🤔

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

whereas this is all i actually do, game-wise, so i'm cool with it (and don't seem to have the same problems with SI). indeed my life is pretty much this, NBA playoffs, looking after my littl'un and occasionally acknowledging my wife, and ignoring the huge pile of tasks i should be doing otherwise..... 🤔

LMAO

That was me back before 2014-2015ish as FMH was my main game but now I'm more likely to go back and play something I missed back then due to FMM than play FMM. It's a funny old world. 

But if you said to me you have 100 hours to spend, would you rather experience BOTW or play 15 seasons of FMM.....I know which I'd pick every second of the day. 

DQXI is releasing in a few months, I guarantee that game will blow my mind and likely take me 100+ hours and I'll enjoy it more than any FMM save. My enjoyment from FMM is from sharing and talking about it 6 hours "work" for an update just to have a reason to share? Na I'm okay ta 😂

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

My enjoyment from FMM is from sharing and talking about it 6 hours "work" for an update just to have a reason to share? Na I'm okay ta 😂

different strokes for different folks, eh :) certainly, i came into this year's game determined to participate in the community a bit more, after dipping my toe in with FMM17 - it does add something to the game. but i'm often advising people on here to "do it for yourself first and foremost" - like you say, putting 6hrs of your own time into something for others is.... not how i roll, anyway :D 

i certainly agree though with a lot of your critique of the game (not all! but a lot), and i wish SI would take some of it on board... here's hoping...

7 hours ago, 1759 said:

winter update I 

If the players ' fitness conditions become the same as before, it will be more fun to play otherwise it will take a lot of time to complete a season and then it gets boring.

After winter update fmm is like "more time investment still less enjoyment" 

3 hours ago, cezzz16 said:

Version 10.2.3 is out in my playstore eventhough it was released on May 8. Any feedbacks? 

Only 10.2.2 is on my playstore. 

17 hours ago, cezzz16 said:

Version 10.2.3 is out in my playstore eventhough it was released on May 8. Any feedbacks? 

😮😮 EXCITED!! 

I wonder if it’ll fix anything or just add new bugs 🤔

4 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

😮😮 EXCITED!! 

I wonder if it’ll fix anything or just add new bugs 🤔

Any feedback from anybody? 

Just now, Helio said:

Any feedback from anybody? 

lol literally just logged in to ask the same question 👍

Anyone out there who’ve got access to this new update tried it out yet?

9 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

lol literally just logged in to ask the same question 👍

Anyone out there who’ve got access to this new update tried it out yet?

If I’m not mistaken the update is out in the Asian countries. It’s like 2am there now so I doubt you’ll hear back 😂

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

If I’m not mistaken the update is out in the Asian countries. It’s like 2am there now so I doubt you’ll hear back 😂

I'm pretty sure there's more than one time zone in Asia 😂

15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Ahhhhhh ok I’m guessing us Europeans probably won’t get it before this weekend then ☹️☹️

13 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'm pretty sure there's more than one time zone in Asia 😂

Well the lad who claimed to have the update is Filipino according to his flag so I went on that 😛

3 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Ahhhhhh ok I’m guessing us Europeans probably won’t get it before this weekend then ☹️☹️

Depends on what parliament have to say about it all. If it’s anything like brexit we’re fucked 

Another update? I hope this one doesn't ruin tactics like the last ones have. Finding something that works is so random each time the updates drop.

Edited by Schwantz34

Well the conditioning seems improved. Players like Pogba ane Milinkovic Savic needs rest for at least 3x in a season maybe. New feature is there's a comparison button now on searched players.