Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM19 General Discussion

samhardy

11 hours ago, booja said:

I haven't got very far as yet, but one annoying thing I've noticed is that I can't see fitness and morale on the same squad page. I'm sure these were both on the Selection view in '16. Am I missing something?

The Detailed - General Info view is probably your best bet. Morale is the MI column and the Fitness level is now the green circle on the left of the player name.

Unfortunately a full green circle does not mean 100% fitness, it just means above 90%. I'd much rather the actual percentage as I like to play players that are 100%. That said, for my own sanity, I just go ahead and play people with a full green circle and haven't had anything bad happen yet.

Gotta say, I love the fact that you can offer players out without them being automatically placed on the transfer list.

Feels like the transfer system this time round has some good changes (instant negotiations), while getting rid of some of the annoyances of FMM18 (auto transferred when offered, no auctions), but more balanced than FMM17 (auctions aren't crazy cash in fests). Seems pretty balanced to me.

Edit: Talking about the mechanics rather than the balance in terms of getting players to sign etc, maybe there's some tweaking to happen there.

Edited by Scratch
3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Gotta say, I love the fact that you can offer players out without them being automatically placed on the transfer list.

Feels like the transfer system this time round has some good changes (instant negotiations), while getting rid of some of the annoyances of FMM18 (auto transferred when offered, no auctions), but more balanced than FMM17 (auctions aren't crazy cash in fests). Seems pretty balanced to me.

Edit: Talking about the mechanics rather than the balance in terms of getting players to sign etc, maybe there's some tweaking to happen there.

I have no idea why they changed it to offered meant transfer listed to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

I have no idea why they changed it to offered meant transfer listed to begin with. 

Yeah, it didn't make sense to me and it was pretty frustrating. So pretty happy they brought it back. 

Same with selling auctions, but make sense they closed the "only one bidder left, but keep driving the price up" 'feature'. 

13 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Anyone else notice at the start of the game Pogba, Martial, and Eric Bailly are ALWAYS transfer listed. Strange...

No... Probably need to double check though in case... 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that every time I click on "suggest terms" it counts as an official bid that gets a news item and a shortlist designation.  Even when I'm just fishing for an initial response as a glorified "enquiry" option.  But I guess it'd be hard for the game to know what my intentions are without there being an actual "add to shortlist" option added to the negotiation interface.

Is it just me or does no tactic work? I've tried 5 from last year's where I won everything, everytime, and now I win sweet F all.

48 minutes ago, veerus said:

I'm kind of annoyed by the fact that every time I click on "suggest terms" it counts as an official bid that gets a news item and a shortlist designation.  Even when I'm just fishing for an initial response as a glorified "enquiry" option.  But I guess it'd be hard for the game to know what my intentions are without there being an actual "add to shortlist" option added to the negotiation interface.

Oh, yeah, that bit is annoying - totally agree with you about that. I check out a lot of players but may not want them on my shortlist. 

50 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Is it just me or does no tactic work? I've tried 5 from last year's where I won everything, everytime, and now I win sweet F all.

I'm in the lower leagues and doing okay (in the top 3 or 4) using a 4 3 2 1 - Defensive, Narrow, Long Ball approach (won't work in higher leagues). It feels about right for the level of team I have (expected relegation battle, but I overhauled the squad a lot).

I'd be top if it wasn't for the 'opposition late goals' feature...  But then I guess the actual position I'm in is probably the max we could expect in reality.

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

The Detailed - General Info view is probably your best bet. Morale is the MI column and the Fitness level is now the green circle on the left of the player name.

Unfortunately a full green circle does not mean 100% fitness, it just means above 90%. I'd much rather the actual percentage as I like to play players that are 100%. That said, for my own sanity, I just go ahead and play people with a full green circle and haven't had anything bad happen yet.

👍

Thanks for this, looks like the best bet. I used to use 95% as the threshold, but the screens will probably force me down to a full green circle. Not sure why this is more helpful than just having the percentage there, although it does look pretty.

In other news, I like the addition of squad numbers, but find the interface very fiddly. The player list keeps shooting back up to the top, and it is difficult to "empty" a shirt.

I also like the transfer status squad screen, so much more convenient. The attributes screens are very welcome, especially the sorting option. And transfers are over very quickly, harks back to CM94-95!

has anyone noticed that players condition don't go as low as before?

now i can play the same 11 for the whole season and they would still be at 100% condition for the next game

50 minutes ago, Dar J said:

now i can play the same 11 for the whole season and they would still be at 100% condition for the next game

Yes. I haven’t gone a full season yet but have noticed that the players are managing Sat-Wed-Sat with much higher Condition than FMM18.

52 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Mostly but players tire alot in game though.

Hi guys. New to this forum but been playing fmm for around 3 years now. Didn't play much last year as the difficulty was far too easy. 

Yet to download fmm19 but would just like you guys thoughts on the difficulty this year is it harder than last year and more of a challenge? 

I understand the developers see it as more of a pick up and play option but the main issue for me last year was lack of difficulty 

4 minutes ago, Bailly3 said:

Hi guys. New to this forum but been playing fmm for around 3 years now. Didn't play much last year as the difficulty was far too easy. 

Yet to download fmm19 but would just like you guys thoughts on the difficulty this year is it harder than last year and more of a challenge? 

I understand the developers see it as more of a pick up and play option but the main issue for me last year was lack of difficulty 

Definitely harder lol

32 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As in the difficulty comes from BS most of the time. 

Ah you mean like people who've been saying they were like 4-0 up then lost 5-4? I haven't had that issue personally, I don't remember scoring a goal yet. I just get thrashed no matter what. 

10 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Ah you mean like people who've been saying they were like 4-0 up then lost 5-4? I haven't had that issue personally, I don't remember scoring a goal yet. I just get thrashed no matter what. 

That and the reliance of wonder goals and set pieces. 

2 hours ago, Bailly3 said:

Yes it's more difficult but more fun to play and more rewarding in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Bailly3 said:

You have to understand that it's simply impossible to please the entire FMM community regarding the game's difficulty, hence the countless challenges we've created here for people like yourself who need that extra wave of enemy artillery 😄

Score a bunch, assist a bunch, limit your transfer budget, score big with Vanarama strikers in the big leagues (trust me, this one's definitely going to test your managerial balls lol) there's tonnes out there to keep the difficulty level up. 

Primary attributes needs a tweak (mentions passing for SK, no Technique for any roles, etc) some positions have the same primarys (eg DLP and APM) and based on these primarys the better players aren't better than the ones they're supposed to be better than... 

3 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

Primary attributes needs a tweak (mentions passing for SK, no Technique for any roles, etc) some positions have the same primarys (eg DLP and APM) and based on these primarys the better players aren't better than the ones they're supposed to be better than... 

Agree in general, but funnily enough I've always seen DLP and APM as very similar roles, needing similar attributes - doing the same thing in different spaces... I wonder if the primary attributes SI Games chose reflects that? Maybe I was right! 😮

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Agree in general, but funnily enough I've always seen DLP and APM as very similar roles, needing similar attributes - doing the same thing in different spaces... I wonder if the primary attributes SI Games chose reflects that? Maybe I was right! 😮

I don't know about others but I tend to go a bit deep to find which role suits which player better, then I use that for my formations. Then I constantly check changes in attributes if it affects overall. This year's training is really good for what I do but if I have a role with Shooting mentioned twice and Passing for a Sweeper Keeper... 

Hi All,

In your opinions, is this game worth buying at the moment?

I want to play it over the weekend, but there seems to be a lot of bugs. Would you say it is worth waiting 1 or 2 weeks so some updates / fixes are put in place?

4 minutes ago, dansut93 said:

Would you say it is worth waiting 1 or 2 weeks so some updates / fixes are put in place?

1 or 2 weeks? That’s very hopeful. We are still waiting on fixes for FMM18 ...and 17 come to think of it 😂