Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips FMM19: Training & Retraining Position Guide

Nucleus

It seems to me that training now, overall, is not nearly as aggressive in stat increases as previous iterations. This, to me, is the best update in this entire process. 

Apologies if it’s veen mentioned elsewhere, but I have found a few players so far have retrained positions a lot quicker than they used to, which is nice.

I still prefer the older style, where everything was not combined, but now I’ve spent a bit more time with this I do like it a bit more. It’s kinda like owning an ugly dog - at first you can’t bear to look at it, when you kinda get used to it.

16 minutes ago, veerus said:

It seems to me that training now, overall, is not nearly as aggressive in stat increases as previous iterations. This, to me, is the best update in this entire process. 

Yes and no from what I’ve learnt. If you’re aggressive enough in the stats you “want” to increase then you will see a difference rather quickly (see Fabio Silva screenshot a few posts up), but the overall growth is much slower, which in turn is more realistic. In previous years it was easy enough to get 10-15 green attributes on the better players, now not so much.

7 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Apologies if it’s veen mentioned elsewhere, but I have found a few players so far have retrained positions a lot quicker than they used to, which is nice.

I still prefer the older style, where everything was not combined, but now I’ve spent a bit more time with this I do like it a bit more. It’s kinda like owning an ugly dog - at first you can’t bear to look at it, when you kinda get used to it.

They do retrain faster, you’re right.

On 02/11/2018 at 19:17, Rob2017 said:

Yeah I've had some players to retrain in a few days.

Edited by DutchTony

Gutted about this new training. And still barely any movement to physical stats in 5 full months. I really miss last years training 😥

Screenshot_20181102-213622_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213636_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213651_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213701_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213953_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213715_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

6 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Gutted about this new training. And still barely any movement to physical stats in 5 full months. I really miss last years training 😥

Screenshot_20181102-213622_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213636_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213651_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213701_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213953_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20181102-213715_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Those players may have reached their cap mate! What does the progress bar look like for them?

See, for me, I see in a completely different light. All the players you listed are at, or near, their peak. To expect meaningful improvement at that age is unrealistic. 

We've all been spoiled by crazy superhuman training of past versions. This is more realistic and is how it should've been all along!

Another thing I'm noticing is that stats don't randomly decrease anymore either which was frustrating in the past. Another big plus for me!

1 minute ago, veerus said:

See, for me, I see in a completely different light. All the players you listed are at, or near, their peak. To expect meaningful improvement at that age is unrealistic. 

We've all been spoiled by crazy superhuman training of past versions. This is more realistic and is how it should've been all along!

Another thing I'm noticing is that stats don't randomly decrease anymore either which was frustrating in the past. Another big plus for me!

I agree completely. I’ve seen some amazing growth from youngsters and the older lot are just ticking along nicely as they should. Huge plus from me

13 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Those players may have reached their cap mate! What does the progress bar look like for them?

Salahs progress bar is barely a quarter full.

Also it costs 10 million to upgrade training facilities. I upgraded mine twice in quick succession and spent 20 mil lol.

Edit: Went forward another 2 months and put them on intensive training. Finally Salahs stamina went up a tiny bit.

Screenshot_20181102-220105_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Edited by DutchTony
2 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Salahs progress bar is barely a quarter full.

Also it costs 10 million to upgrade training facilities. I upgraded mine twice in quick succession and spent 20 mil lol.

Edit: Went forward another 2 months and put them on intensive training. Finally Salahs stamina went up a tiny bit.

Screenshot_20181102-220105_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

They are at the age where they won’t develop much more though. Like do you seriously expect Messi to get any better than he is now? Same for Salah? Can he get any better than he already is?

4 hours ago, veerus said:

I haven't played long enough to come to a conclusion but if this is indeed the case I'm delighted. 

Thanks for posting this and going through it perfectly. I was wondering why my team was letting in so many goals!!! Also using the coach report section really helps aswell. 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I haven't played long enough to come to a conclusion but if this is indeed the case I'm delighted. 

Same here. Would be great if it's more realistic, though will take some getting used to for sure! Also really like being able to train people in teamwork, etc. Great for a 1KC. 🙂

10 hours ago, veerus said:

Intensive training may have been fun but it warped the game too much in favour of the human player.

It will be very interesting to see if this also fixes the problem of huge differences between human trained teams and AI trained one after 5-10 seasons. If it does it will be great to have a game that stays balanced on long careers.

I think it can depend a lot on player peak as many have said. 

David Brooks ticked over 100% with no stat change bit Lewis cook saw quite a lot of change

2120800852_Screenshot_20181103-080249_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.02c056280968bd790a1d017b3d87f715.jpg

460925686_Screenshot_20181103-080204_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.a42fc3d5bc9755785c2d4988a5a7405e.jpg

One thi k I can't figure out is how to train into new position such as CD train LB. 

Any thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Rumtickler said:

One thi k I can't figure out is how to train into new position such as CD train LB. 

Any thoughts? 

It’s in the Guide. Where it says CD on the player, tap that and it’ll bring up a pitch view where you can select LB or wherever you want to retrain him too

@Nucleus have you worked out the how the end of game improvements work? I’ve got two young wingbacks on the same training. After a game in which they both got a 6 rating, one went up 3% and one did nothing. 

1 minute ago, URz said:

@Nucleus have you worked out the how the end of game improvements work? I’ve got two young wingbacks on the same training. After a game in which they both got a 6 rating, one went up 3% and one did nothing. 

I have my theories 😛

Right so the percentages at the end of game is how much that player has learnt from said game. A young player can sit on the bench and have some gain too (matchday experience?)

Now once that progress bar hits 100% he develops his attributes a little more, or “reaches the next stage of his development” then the process starts all over again. Obviously a world class player won’t learn much from one match, maybe 1-2% but I’ve had a 16 year old scoring in the premier league and he gained 11% from that match. Think of it as a levelling up system, he earns exp. points each match AND each training session, when that bar goes full he levels up and the bar resets down to zero. 

Make sense?

27 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I have my theories 😛

Right so the percentages at the end of game is how much that player has learnt from said game. A young player can sit on the bench and have some gain too (matchday experience?)

Now once that progress bar hits 100% he develops his attributes a little more, or “reaches the next stage of his development” then the process starts all over again. Obviously a world class player won’t learn much from one match, maybe 1-2% but I’ve had a 16 year old scoring in the premier league and he gained 11% from that match. Think of it as a levelling up system, he earns exp. points each match AND each training session, when that bar goes full he levels up and the bar resets down to zero. 

Make sense?

yep, makes sense! It does seem like a levelling-up system.

It appears to me that the % increase is based on more than just the match rating and the players aptitude for improvement.

What I’ve noticed is that a good rating (7+) always(?) seems to get an improvement and lower ratings only for “potential to improve” players. But it must also be linked to many more of the game stats because the actual percent for the same player with the same match rating varies considerably game-to-game.

If this is in fact linked to a whole range of the game stats, this is great news

6 minutes ago, URz said:

What I’ve noticed is that a good rating (7+) always(?) seems to get an improvement and lower ratings only for “potential to improve” players. But it must also be linked to many more of the game stats because the actual percent for the same player with the same match rating varies considerably game-to-game.

A good rating should see some improvement, like I said, a youth player can sit on the bench and not play a single minute of the match but he’ll gain some experience from being in the matchday squad. It’s just showing what was hidden before to be honest imo. It’s not like this is all new, it’s just that they’ve decided to show us the progress all of a sudden

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

It’s in the Guide. Where it says CD on the player, tap that and it’ll bring up a pitch view where you can select LB or wherever you want to retrain him too

Oh, you have to do it from training section. I tend to work off the player training page. Not an option there...

Thanks. 

Edit. Spelling

Edited by Rumtickler
3 minutes ago, Rumtickler said:

Oh, you have to do it from training section. I tend to work off the player training page. Not an option there...

Thanks. 

Edit. Spelling

Yeah there really should be an option to retrain on the players personal training page to be honest

30 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

A good rating should see some improvement, like I said, a youth player can sit on the bench and not play a single minute of the match but he’ll gain some experience from being in the matchday squad. It’s just showing what was hidden before to be honest imo. It’s not like this is all new, it’s just that they’ve decided to show us the progress all of a sudden

Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part, but I was hoping that the new fine-grained training would be more closely linked to those aspects of the game that may affect it. Simple example, a player training on Passing would see his % improvement linked to his in-game attempted/completed passes as well as his overall performance.

4 minutes ago, URz said:

Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part, but I was hoping that the new fine-grained training would be more closely linked to those aspects of the game that may affect it. Simple example, a player training on Passing would see his % improvement linked to his in-game attempted/completed passes as well as his overall performance.

Doubtful to be honest :( 

I am still finding my way with the training. This guide has been helpful so thank you for that. 

One thing I will say well echo what has been said before. We were a bit spoiled by the training on the last fews years games. Seeing ridiculous improvement in a players attributes in less then one season. I think this is more realistic. Does that mean I like it? Kind of, I still feel as most new feature we get it won't be 100% but with the right feedback it could be patched.  

4 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

I am still finding my way with the training. This guide has been helpful so thank you for that. 

One thing I will say well echo what has been said before. We were a bit spoiled by the training on the last fews years games. Seeing ridiculous improvement in a players attributes in less then one season. I think this is more realistic. Does that mean I like it? Kind of, I still feel as most new feature we get it won't be 100% but with the right feedback it could be patched.  

It’s “slightly” more realistic, which is fine by me. Not giving us that advantage like we’ve had for so many years makes the game more difficult, which is what we’ve all been begging for! 

Gotta say when you figure it out it’s a pretty interesting change. Players are deffo retraining position quicker. Lemar went from dark to bright green on the left wing in two days for me.

Does the position that you train them at matter a lot depending on where they play in your team. For example training Declan Rice CDM as DLP but in my team playing CB and BPD. Surely some skills from BPD would help with his progression as a DLP e.g passing