Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BenDTner

FMM 19: Being Successful

Being Successful In FMM 19

Some of you may have noticed some changes to FMM in this years addition, the tactic of plugin in play has lost most of its effectiveness and it seems that this year to be successful you need to build a system to fit your players and or train players to fit your system. Obviously you still need a solid tactic to start out with but the need for training and squad rotation is evident in FMM 19.

In this article I will try to explain ways I have used to get the most out of my team and win games. 

Note this is only my take on FMM 19 and some things may be different but this is what I have used so far and have seen a lot of success with it.

Tactic

The tactic, the most important part of FMM in recent years but from what I have seen it is not the major factor in winning this year but it is still something that requires a lot of thought.

In that respect I am not going to go into detail into how to set up a tactic as it is similar to past versions of FMM and there is also many guides on here you can read through to work out your next Klopp tactic.

In terms of changes to tactics in FMM 19 there really isn't any so applying any FMM 18 tactic should do the trick.

Training

What I see as the most important part of FMM 19 this year is the training.

Having your system set out before getting into training will help a lot as you can train that specific player to the roles you need. Use training to get your players to fit in with the tactic.

Setting the players you have to the roles in system will help as it will train them in the roles that you need, you can do this in the training tab under focus role.

You can also train certain stats which can improve players ability to play that certain role. To do this go to the coaches report.

In coaches report if you see that the player has the trait of  Resilient physique or Durable player it is likely that you can set their training to intense which will help them improve faster to the role you are setting them to (Note that there is still a chance of injury but if they have this trait it should be less of of a risk). You may also see a player who under negetives in the coach report it will have "wants a heavier training schedule" this is when I recommend amping up the intensity of the training.

Squad Rotation

From my experience on FMM 19 I have found this to be one of most important aspect of the game which many players including myself would have looked past in recent FMMs.

This includes the player rating and new experience feature.

Keeping an eye on the progress bar of players after the match can be very important especially if the player is intimidated by the league. In this case you should rotate the player out of the starting 11 if possible and use him as a sub until you are satisfied he has adjusted to the league or the trait has disappeared from the coaches report. 

There will be games against easier opponents and if you are confident these games can be ideal to give to youngster to get them some vital experience which in FMM 19 actually accounts for something you can see how much the receive after the game. Giving these players game time can help them improve and reach their potential.

Conclusion

For once I can say that if you combine everything together and apply logic results will come. I can say that this FMM requires a lot of realistic aspects of football management combined which I think is a real improvement from last year.

Hopefully this Article will help people in their FMM 19 saves.

Edited by BenDTner

I feel like you can stick to a basic rule in this with don’t change the tactic round too much and keep changing the shape (Attacking to Say Defensive) throughout the game. Also i try to change the lineup around every 1-2 games to keep every player up to scratch, as well as making sure they have good morale as many of times now I have actually diminished morale and ended going from play-off places all the way down to 15th/16th.

Good guide for any newbies to FM/FMM

I can say that this FMM requires a lot of realistic aspects of football management combined

This is one of the things I try to implement in my careers as much as possible to enjoy the game longterm, it may not always work out the way I hope or expect but it's fun. 

An example is the narrow/wide formation. I always start balanced but as soon as I'm red carded and go a man down I go narrow since it's easier to defend against 11 opposition players. Going narrow reduces space between my players, they tire less quickly, minimize loss of ball possession etc, makes sense. Going wide the exact opposite, trying to exploit the numeral advantage over my opponent, more space means more distance to cover for them etc etc. Just like in real life these puzzle pieces don't always fall into place but I always go with the sensible option. It works for me 😉 

2 hours ago, Dean Hewitt said:

What Formations/Tactics Are You Using👌🏻

I have found that the standard 4231 has worked best and I try to play high up the pitch control football this can sometimes lead to conceding counter attacks but with fast defenders it shouldn't be a problem

9 hours ago, Giorgi said:

Can't emphasize rotation enough. It has really helped me a lot in FMM18.

I didn't use it as much in fmm 18 but 19 it helps so much

8 hours ago, FMMPlayer18 said:

I feel like you can stick to a basic rule in this with don’t change the tactic round too much and keep changing the shape (Attacking to Say Defensive) throughout the game. Also i try to change the lineup around every 1-2 games to keep every player up to scratch, as well as making sure they have good morale as many of times now I have actually diminished morale and ended going from play-off places all the way down to 15th/16th.

Good guide for any newbies to FM/FMM

Exactly I can't explain enough don't get flustered in a bad run and change formation willy nilly ride it out change up the starting players

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

This is one of the things I try to implement in my careers as much as possible to enjoy the game longterm, it may not always work out the way I hope or expect but it's fun. 

An example is the narrow/wide formation. I always start balanced but as soon as I'm red carded and go a man down I go narrow since it's easier to defend against 11 opposition players. Going narrow reduces space between my players, they tire less quickly, minimize loss of ball possession etc, makes sense. Going wide the exact opposite, trying to exploit the numeral advantage over my opponent, more space means more distance to cover for them etc etc. Just like in real life these puzzle pieces don't always fall into place but I always go with the sensible option. It works for me 😉 

exactly this fmm seems to be a lot more realistic in the way of squad rotation and little puzzles for players to solve

Good guide! Looking to me like players with a difference between CA and PA are more valuable than ever. If the CA and PA are the same, then all the training in the world isn't going to improve their attributes (or at least that's what I'm seeing so far). I just wish my staff were better at judging CA/PA, but I'm going by them more than ever (just on the difference not on the actual PA they suggest, they are hopeless in that respect).

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Good guide! Looking to me like players with a difference between CA and PA are more valuable than ever. If the CA and PA are the same, then all the training in the world isn't going to improve their attributes (or at least that's what I'm seeing so far). I just wish my staff were better at judging CA/PA, but I'm going by them more than ever (just on the difference not on the actual PA they suggest, they are hopeless in that respect).

The pa seems to change all the time for some players haha

Just now, BenDTner said:

The pa seems to change all the time for some players haha

Yeah, you can't trust your staff (even at the top level) - but I'm now only targeting players that they report a gap between CA and PA for. I always paid that a little attention, but now paying it more. Still not paying attention to what they say the PA is.

I'll take a player with CA 1.5 and PA 3 (assuming they have decent attribute base) over a player with CA 3.5 and PA 3.5 (unless their attributes are good enough without any improvement). 

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, you can't trust your staff (even at the top level) - but I'm now only targeting players that they report a gap between CA and PA for. I always paid that a little attention, but now paying it more. Still not paying attention to what they say the PA is.

I'll take a player with CA 1.5 and PA 3 (assuming they have decent attribute base) over a player with CA 3.5 and PA 3.5 (unless their attributes are good enough without any improvement). 

yeah fair enough loving the game so far anyway taking a bit of time to get used to tho

1 minute ago, BenDTner said:

yeah fair enough loving the game so far anyway taking a bit of time to get used to tho

Same here. Loving it, but not come to grips with all of it yet!

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Same here. Loving it, but not come to grips with all of it yet!

the live transfer feature is really taking some time to learn and use to get a bargain, that being said I have found it pretty difficult to get a bargain.

Just now, BenDTner said:

the live transfer feature is really taking some time to learn and use to get a bargain, that being said I have found it pretty difficult to get a bargain.

I really like that part of the game, though a few frustrations with it (players who don't want to move [though I love that too], having to change squad status back to previous offer on next round, even though it got the thumbs up).

I have got nowhere with getting bargains out of a club - they always want a lot more than the player's valuation - but I've gotten good at talking players' contract demands down (missed a few though).

I like that the auctions are back, but learnt the hard way that they aren't like 2017 where teams would keep bidding until the player was sold for an insane amount. They won't much over list price it seems (this is in L2, not sure about at the top level). 

But yeah, I'm liking it all...

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I really like that part of the game, though a few frustrations with it (players who don't want to move [though I love that too], having to change squad status back to previous offer on next round, even though it got the thumbs up).

I have got nowhere with getting bargains out of a club - they always want a lot more than the player's valuation - but I've gotten good at talking players' contract demands down (missed a few though).

I like that the auctions are back, but learnt the hard way that they aren't like 2017 where teams would keep bidding until the player was sold for an insane amount. They won't much over list price it seems (this is in L2, not sure about at the top level). 

But yeah, I'm liking it all...

Come to think of it, the fact that bargains are hard to come by is a good thing hardly happens nowdays in football.

The game is great so far and I love it! My old routine I used to do has manage to fit perfectly into this game. 

My old routine was, 

1. Set up a formation and tactic that I feel will work best. Although in my last few games I find myself going back to the same tactic over and over again and it's getting boring : ( 
  2. Find players that I know will be best for the roles I have set up. This has now become sooo much simpler seeing how the game now just straight up tells you what attributes are best for which roles. Although I do feel like some of them do not match up to what I had thought they were. 
  3. Maintain a first team of 22 with exactly two players per position. And I try to apply the same restriction to my reserves. 
  4. A minor thing but I'll try to only play players that have 100% fitness. I feel like following this one simple rule has managed to give me a decent amount of rotation, with the least played player in my first team(aside from my backup keeper :'() having at least 10-15 games. 

All in all I love it but it does have it down side. One issue I have a huge problem is the way they've made it harder. I'm not complaining it's harder, actually I like that I'm not steamrolling my way season after season, but it seems like rather than make the opponents player with better strategy or any other way of making the game more legitimately difficult they just made it so that your opponents are way more likely to score and you're not. 

Now that might seem like a rant on my part, and maybe it is, but i feel like I'm being fm-ed way too often in this game.

Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-02-37-617_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.646f9e196ccb9bb97439501a4c87a633.png

Screenshot_2018-11-03-20-40-53-241_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.062269b27330453c21f95bec2363d6eb.png

Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-19-05-849_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.68958bed82a77fa044a4233eea9d9a8b.png

Previously in 2018 I would only get games like that maybe 2-3 times a season. Now I'm barely halfway thru the season and I'm getting games like this. Happened at least 6-7 times now with the end result being me kicked out of both cups and being 2nd in the league :(

Or maybe this is all realistic and I'm just ranting off like a lunatic. 

Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-08-42-210_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.png

1 minute ago, RPA123456 said:

The game is great so far and I love it! My old routine I used to do has manage to fit perfectly into this game. 

My old routine was, 

1. Set up a formation and tactic that I feel will work best. Although in my last few games I find myself going back to the same tactic over and over again and it's getting boring : ( 
  2. Find players that I know will be best for the roles I have set up. This has now become sooo much simpler seeing how the game now just straight up tells you what attributes are best for which roles. Although I do feel like some of them do not match up to what I had thought they were. 
  3. Maintain a first team of 22 with exactly two players per position. And I try to apply the same restriction to my reserves. 
  4. A minor thing but I'll try to only play players that have 100% fitness. I feel like following this one simple rule has managed to give me a decent amount of rotation, with the least played player in my first team(aside from my backup keeper :'() having at least 10-15 games. 

All in all I love it but it does have it down side. One issue I have a huge problem is the way they've made it harder. I'm not complaining it's harder, actually I like that I'm not steamrolling my way season after season, but it seems like rather than make the opponents player with better strategy or any other way of making the game more legitimately difficult they just made it so that your opponents are way more likely to score and you're not. 

Now that might seem like a rant on my part, and maybe it is, but i feel like I'm being fm-ed way too often in this game.

Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-02-37-617_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.646f9e196ccb9bb97439501a4c87a633.png

Screenshot_2018-11-03-20-40-53-241_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.062269b27330453c21f95bec2363d6eb.png

Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-19-05-849_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.68958bed82a77fa044a4233eea9d9a8b.png

Previously in 2018 I would only get games like that maybe 2-3 times a season. Now I'm barely halfway thru the season and I'm getting games like this. Happened at least 6-7 times now with the end result being me kicked out of both cups and being 2nd in the league :(

Or maybe this is all realistic and I'm just ranting off like a lunatic. 

Screenshot_2018-11-03-21-08-42-210_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.png

yeah this has happen to me. I think it may be that the chances I am creating are not as clear cut as the ai