Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat The Year Of The Inside Forward

BenDTner

Has anyone else noticed how over powered inside forwards are I have nicolas pepe as mine and he scores 30+ a seasons and gets 10+ assists I use 1 inside forward and 1 winger in a 4231 and it seems to work a treat.

Just now, Dar J said:

i get it now.. with that tactic the IF is the main attacking outlet. I'm sure the striker doesn't score that much goals

haha you wrong again buddy aubameyang scored 40+ in less games 

3 minutes ago, Dar J said:

i get it now.. with that tactic the IF is the main attacking outlet. I'm sure the striker doesn't score that much goals

Don't mind the second season as he was used as the left winger most of the time as lacazette was firing so I had to move him out

Screenshot_2018-11-06-22-43-12.png

Then my players are not that consistent because I'm managing hamburg and I was using the same exact setup that you have an the IF was overshadowing the striker so I opted to go for 2 IFs instead so the striker would score more and it works but now the IFs don't score as much as i want them to do but it's ok

1 minute ago, Dar J said:

Then my players are not that consistent because I'm managing hamburg and I was using the same exact setup that you have an the IF was overshadowing the striker so I opted to go for 2 IFs instead so the striker would score more and it works but now the IFs don't score as much as i want them to do but it's ok

As you can probably tell I don't seem to have any problems scoring but at the other end of the field I am having no luck

5 minutes ago, Dar J said:

I don't concede much. In my first season I concede only 28 goals then 20 the next season 

It hasn't been that big of a problem really I still win the big games comfortably 

Edited by BenDTner

My best performers are AM, IF and TM. They're doing a little better than they did in FMM18 in the same set-up. The CF was one of my fav roles last year but has been underperforming thus far. Those are my observations after only two seasons and a dozen test games. Still a handful seasons left to come to a definitive conclusion tho. 

15 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

My best performers are AM, IF and TM. They're doing a little better than they did in FMM18 in the same set-up. The CF was one of my fav roles last year but has been underperforming thus far. Those are my observations after only two seasons and a dozen test games. Still a handful seasons left to come to a definitive conclusion tho. 

Interesting that you have AM in that list. Matches my experience so far that the “vanilla” midfield roles of CM and AM are doing well in 19. 

I loved the Cf role last year. Managing Arsenal on FMM 18 I used two Ifs in Rodrygo/Reynoso on the left and Mkhitaryan on the right with Ozil as Cam and Auba and Laca as CF and when I win two trebles in two seasons and Auba and Laca both get 40+ goal seasons I must have been doing something right! 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Personally I've found that pairing a CF with a decent Poacher is working pretty fine. When I started using Kane as a lone CF with 2 IFs his performances were topsy turvy at best, and having up top by himself as a CF wasn't any better either. But it mat have also been down to the overall tatic I was using as well to be fair.

23 minutes ago, ExhilaratingEriksen said:

Personally I've found that pairing a CF with a decent Poacher is working pretty fine. When I started using Kane as a lone CF with 2 IFs his performances were topsy turvy at best, and having up top by himself as a CF wasn't any better either. But it mat have also been down to the overall tatic I was using as well to be fair.

I haven't tested much with a striking duo up front yet, so I can't comment on that. Hope you're right in that the CF works that way. But as you said a lone CF in my 4-1-4-1 with with wingers (IF+W) is too inconsistent, whereas a TM or AF does much better. Even a P does ok. 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

My best performers are AM, IF and TM.

Same here so far. AP seems inferior to the other options in all three frontline positions. 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

TM is my favourite role this year hands down!

28 minutes ago, veerus said:

Same here so far. AP seems inferior to the other options in all three frontline positions. 

It's always interesting to see how "our" formations and tactics handle the transition to a new version of FMM. There's usually a couple of player roles that get a performance boost and others the exact opposite. I think you're right about the AP, I kinda had that feeling but wasn't sure. My APs seem to do better in CM strata than in the AM. Last year the opposite was true imo. 

I’ve been using an AP & P in a 4411 and while the AP doesn’t seem much of a goal threat, he’s getting the assists. Moving a winger up into an IF position definitely seems to increase the effectiveness of the formation as a whole. (This is with Ings, Armstrong and Gabbiadini)