Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Is BWM useful?

Sonneratia

I notice that my BWM has a rather low average rating per game - usually 6ish. I notice that he does not seem to perform any better defensively than my other players. In terms of tackles he is getting about 3-5/game (worse than the defenders) while he consistently gets about 4-5 interceptions per game (on par with my CM/BBM/AP). 

Should I switch the BWM for a DLP or Anchor instead? The DLP should boost my attack while the Anchor will use less stamina than the BWM and still helps to make sure my defence is solid.

Too early to tell but my current impression is that BWM isn't terrible. BWM or DM are definitely better options than DLP if you want a defensively minded mid in front of your back line. Anchor seems too limited to me so I haven't used it much. 

1 hour ago, Sonneratia said:

Should I switch the BWM for a DLP or Anchor instead? The DLP should boost my attack while the Anchor will use less stamina than the BWM and still helps to make sure my defence is solid.

Ratings can be misleading so if the team's doing well just leave him imo. It all depends on how the game's programmed to read these roles. One could argue for example that having a BWM would minimize or at least reduce the time of opponent's CMs on the ball, result in loss of ball possession etc would the game recognize this as an interception or a faulty pass if the ball wasn't touched by the BWM? This could mean no interceptions thus very low ratings despite the BWM doing his job and being the indirect cause of retaining the ball. So basically a good BWM in a good formation could make the opponent's midfielders in particular have a terrible game, but there's no stat for number of players put under pressure that lost the ball, is there? 

We're talking about a programmed AI here so ultimately we always have to test it and test it again to determine whether or not the the team performance (not player's) improves. 

2 hours ago, Sonneratia said:

I notice that my BWM has a rather low average rating per game - usually 6ish. I notice that he does not seem to perform any better defensively than my other players. In terms of tackles he is getting about 3-5/game (worse than the defenders) while he consistently gets about 4-5 interceptions per game (on par with my CM/BBM/AP). 

I always use an Anchor as its my fave in that position.

He never gets and average rating above 7 and that was the same in 2018.

@BatiGoal is right....if  your winning and not conceding too many then your sound.

That position never gets good ratings no matter what role it is.

14 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

It’s even more annoying in that it’s my fave position in OME.

Oohhh same 😍😍 beautiful role on the OME

27 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

It’s even more annoying in that it’s my fave position in OME.

It was the position. 

DMC is one of my favourite positions on the pitch, Mascherano is one of my all time favourites even over Alonso tbh as I just love the role and imo it's the most vital. That's why this winds me up so much. 

i have same issue. BWM keep getting 6 5 rating and yellow carded. I used Real Madrid and use Casemiro and Valverde most of times. Yellow card is like their bff