Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Nucleus Attempts -Fábio Silva 2k Challenge - Completed

Nucleus

Some, if not most will call me crazy for undergoing what I’m about to do, and you’ll all be correct. This journey will more than likely end in failure, but it will be a hell of a ride!

Welcome Vibe, to my first ever career of FMM19!

After getting pretty deep into a save and being “fairly” confident there’s no “major” bugs that can affect this challenge I’m happy to go along with it. The challenge I am undertaking is of course every man and his dogs favourite 1k Challenge, but there’s a twist of sorts (unless you’ve read the title of course). I will be setting myself a target of 2000 goals, yes that’s right, 2000 goals. It’s only ever been done a handful of times on Vibe i believe. @PriZe doing so with Isak in 2017 is the only one I can think of, I apologise if I’ve missed someone else’s attempt. Myself and Prize have actually been talking about the possibility of achieving one this year, and we both agreed it’s possible under the right circumstances.

So to complete the target I’ve set i need to be hitting high numbers fast and consistently doing so. This requires a special breed of player in my opinion, one who can hit the ground running and deliver game after game. It also requires a certain type of league to do so in, Portugal sounds about right. That’s right I’m heading to Portugal, and more importantly Lisbon, and even more importantly, Benfica. One of the greatest clubs in Portuguese football, with “state of the art” training facilities and “top” youth academy I simply couldn’t resist the urge of The Eagles!

7F5FD77A-FC1A-4356-AC84-11F4F5601986.thumb.jpeg.52c547b7fc11c6672aad6c9f1b203b13.jpeg

Now for the player, as I mentioned before, this challenge requires a certain breed of player, he has to be young as I need all the time i can get for this challenge, and he also needs to be talented. Step up Fábio Silva, a 15 year old striker lying in the youth team of our main domestic rivals FC Porto. He’s got decent numbers in all the right areas considering his age, so I’ve no doubt he’ll turn into a great Poacher/Advanced Forward, but me being me, I’ve decided to train him as a Target Man as that’s what his role will be in the formation/tactic I’m using.

DAE43F19-B2F9-46DE-AF07-48CB4CEC7D1A.thumb.png.ddebc9940adc9b7481ffa739608514ef.png

So there we go guys, that’s the introduction over and done with, season one of this mammoth journey will be up in the next couple of days. Wish me luck and please remember to leave a comment!

Target: 0/2000

Thanks for reading

10 minutes ago, fmhaberdeenfan said:

Good luck, it will be a near impossible challenge but getting goals in early will be crucial incase of any injury.

It should be impossible, and I completely expect to fail. I see it as this - 1k easy enough these days, 1.5k - should be comfortable with ITN, so why not try and push for 2k 😛 thanks for the comment

2 minutes ago, URz said:

Good luck @Nucleus

You should have at least 20 seasons with Silva......so at your normal rate, the 2KC will be done and dusted by the weekend 😜

Thanks mate! Slowing down this year after my numerous exploits in 2018! Thanks for the comment 

1 minute ago, PriZe said:

F* yeah! You're going to nail this matey :D looking forward to see how this pan's out!

Doubtful I’ll nail it 😂 We’ll see how it pans out; to be honest I’d be happy if I got within 200 goals of the target!

My god man! Its been just over a week and you've lost the plot already! 😲

Saying that though.....all the best Nuke and i hope you blow it out the water! 😆

Edited by Woody
Just now, Woody said:

My god man! Its been less that a week and you've lost the plot already! 😲

Saying that though.....all the best Nuke and i hope you blow it out the water! 😆

Never had it in the first place! 😂

Cheers Woody!

16 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Wow! Can't wait to see how you get on! 

Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Myself and Prize have actually been talking 

Say no more.

No need to 2nd guess where and when you completely lost the plot. Take care, my friend, was a pleasure knowing you. 

😂 

12 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Say no more.

No need to 2nd guess where and when you completely lost the plot. Take care, my friend, was a pleasure knowing you. 

😂

He misses you

Complitly insane mate, fingers crossed for 2k. Im believe in you. I just had and trial season with Silva and he is beast. I was also wondering for trying to 1,5k with him but now it just looks silly as you will allways have better score than me^^

All the good luck mate !

4 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Good luck you crazy person :laugh:

Give it your best and I'm sure you can do it ;)

FYI.. why don't you do this one along the way?

That’s a good idea, will throw this in there if I can too, doesn’t seem to be anything in there that takes away from the main objective. Cheers Titjes!

added 0 minutes later
38 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Crazy fool. Start as you mean to go on...

Thanks..I guess? 😛

Season One

Here we go! The start of a mammoth journey and an even bigger task. The road to 2000 goals will be a long ass ride, but I have every faith in Fábio Silva that we can get there.

Transfers

Outgoing:

Usual first season squad rebuilding, moving the players I had no use for or didn’t see a future for on. These included Alex Grimaldo, Luka Jovic & Talisca.

B8601270-E0D5-41C2-A709-B06AB4C4A12C.thumb.png.bf71b2fb108704ac07730e0822e25d44.png0F2F89F2-3336-4589-B669-B482C0D973F7.thumb.png.da0a6aa45101b76d1b143fa5eb92952a.png

Incoming:

The players I brought in are the players I believe fit most perfectly for the roles in the tactic I’m using. Itter and Vagnoman are two German wingbacks, one left side one right side. Gnagon isba French CB with all the right attributes in the right places, De Ligt needs no introduction, Paqueta is a Brazilian midfielder whom I did an iScout on a couple of days ago and Fabio Silva is of course the centrepiece if the challenge and coming in at the cheapest price. So effectively I’ve signed a new back four, a central midfielder and a striker. I’m absolutely delighted with the business I’ve had done in this first season!

FB25797A-2456-4B56-916B-CE6BC4D6C9ED.thumb.png.f6601eae562e44e506432c43d39e0768.png

Competitions:

• League Cup - Lost to Nacional 1-2 at the Semi-Final stage
  • Taça de Portugal - Beat Academica 2-1 (AET) to win our first domestic cup. Fabio Silva on the scoresheet with one goal
  • League - Fairy comfortable in the end as we end up 10 points clear of our main rivals FC Porto, Fabio Silva bags the golden boot with 27 goals in 27 games
  • Champions League - We pull off the biggest miracle in the final as we beat Real Madrid 4-2 to win a maiden Champions League title in our first season, Fabio Silva grabs a goal but Pizzi stole the show with a brace
Spoiler

FEE41CDC-6E14-4266-86A2-882D590A7F67.thumb.png.22b16a41bd520ccdd77ce6e2970f04f2.png4151B2CB-94DB-4D7A-8CBF-18BC210BF7BF.thumb.png.e7e33c275f0c275416723869729deb4f.png4F8726D2-3A65-40FD-9869-16EDBA439F73.thumb.png.0b4c8174dec1aa2248d3b1ddabcfed14.pngCD569661-651F-4CB9-825E-3640DCB2F093.thumb.png.afe11ee72de6746db07cbead2da5be24.png

Manager Profile & Season History:

Decent looking profile after the first season, I didn’t realise that I only had a net spend of £13m too which is great. I’m hoping to unlock sugar daddy at some point which will allow me to buy the best player possible, mainly so I can dominate the league and domestic cups in Portugal which have rather weak opponents overall.

17657D36-A186-451B-B722-9EB69BD0CE56.thumb.png.5d652f072a50981f75e5ebce50372aa7.png194284ED-34BD-493B-950A-CE7D94B11E6D.thumb.png.0747c534ee774020332db1ba8aca357e.png

Fábio Silva 2k Challenge:

First off let’s have a look at Silva’s development. I’ve been training him as a Target Man as that is the most efficient striker role this year in my opinion. He started off the season with an Aerial rating of 8 and I managed to raise that to the maximum of 20 in around six months! A major flaw in the training system in my opinion but I’ll take it. His shooting and Movement are into green numbers now too, so he’s looking like a deadly striker at just 16.

16EC7E2B-6C0A-4F5D-8F65-E6B23BDEA938.thumb.png.0fc8d41bf0b38e072310fa57d35faae0.png

He could only manage 49 games on his debut season, mainly due to stamina issues, which is something I’ll try to address as soon as. In those 49 games he managed a very respectable 46 goals and 11 assists! I’m absolutely delighted with that return all things considered, a solid start. Next seasons target is 60 goals which should be achievable with the extra games available to us.

ADA5BC63-FB85-4FFE-BF71-237B681B8238.thumb.png.84a8aaf3986cada6be9e06182d691a4e.png

Target: 46/2000

A long way to go to 2000 goals!

Squad Assists:

Zivkovic leads the way with assists this season with 14, Salvio and Cervi follow closely with 13 & 12, and Silva himself gets fourth place in the rankings with 11 assists.

48125B7B-64B1-47AB-8C82-FF724CBB18CC.thumb.png.c867e8801420c739d69eb3f10a322327.png

Thanks for reading, and please remember to leave a comment

3 minutes ago, URz said:

Solid start there @Nucleus

Interesting that you got rid of Grimaldo. He always did a job for me in 18.

The Aerial stat jumping up (😛) like that is a crazy bug.

Thanks

I didn’t actively try and sell Grimaldo, but Real came in with that amount of money and I thought, “if I refuse this offer he’s going to get arsey” so I sold him purely for that reason. Utter developed amazingly well to take his place either way

Allways impressive and specially in my club’s heart With a player from our biggest rival.

hope to see a big improvement in tiago. In Benfica I hope you mantain Félix and gedson. 

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Neves said:

Allways impressive and specially in my club’s heart With a player from our biggest rival.

hope to see a big improvement in tiago. In Benfica I hope you mantain Félix and gedson. 

Felix and Gedson are still in 😀 Gedson is my first choice BBM - he’s an absolute tank! Felix is a great player too!

Hey just a question,how did you managed to get 46 goals with him? I cant get that much goals from pellegrini to salah. :( Thats pretty amazing on your part😂