Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Restoring former glory - Ajax

Jeroenvk94

Ajax Amsterdam. The biggest and richest club in the Dutch Eredivisie. They have a superb youth academy which has produced some all-time greats like Johan Cruyff, Patrick Kluivert, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, In the modern age, they still have some of the world's biggest talents, with the likes of Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong and Ryan Gravenbergh.

Even though the club has the best squad, the most money and the best youth facilities, they haven't won a single trophy in the past 5 years and the role they've played in Europe has been limited, aside from their wonderfull 2017 campaign in which they reached the Europa League final.

Time to restore the club to it's former glory!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals

Of course, the Ajax Board of Directors have set some goals for the 2018/2019 season. I will also add some myself :

• Win the Eredivisie
  • Get through the European group stage
  • Debut 2 new players from Jong Ajax
  • Expand scouting in Southern America.

Tactics

For the tactics, I chose an ancient approach, made famous by Johan Cruyff. The diamond formation.
I will play 4 at the back, with 2 full-backs and 2 ball-playing defenders.

4 in midfield, in a diamond with a Deep-Lying Playmaker at CDM, 2 Advanced Playmakers in Central Midfield and a Shadow Striker at CAM ( false 9 ).

Up front, I will have 2 Inside Forwards .

Screenshot_20181108-102853.thumb.jpg.af5ef18485154fdfbedd7215d6c5c759.jpg

Players to watch

There's a lot of young talent at the club and some have potential to become truly world-class. There's several players I expect to carry the team throughout the campaign in both European and national competitions :

• Hakim Ziyech.
    With his creativity and great passing ability, he has everything it takes to be a key player throughout the season, providing both goals and assists.
  • Matthijs de Ligt
    This young central defender is tipped to become the best defender of the new generation. I expect him to be an important part in build-up and transition play, as well as keeping the defense on lock.
  • Frenkie de Jong
    He has everything he needs to succeed. He can direct the play, make intelligent runs and score goals. I expect him to be a true creative force in the team.
  • Kasper Dolberg
    He's been called everything so far. The new Dennis Bergkamp should be key in scoring goals throughout the season. After a bad 2017/2018 campaign with lots of injuries, he should retaliate this season.

Edited by Jeroenvk94

You as a Feyenoord fan, me as a PSV fan, see how this wonderful game and community alike unites fans from all colors and corners of the world 🤗

Lovely challenge, mate, goodluck! 

Edited by BatiGoal
29 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You as a Feyenoord fan, me as a PSV fan, see how this wonderful game and community alike unites fans from all colors and corners of the world 🤗

Lovely challenge, mate, goodluck! 

Thanks!
The colour of the kit doesn't matter here, luckily.

Looking forward to your experiences, managing Ajax myself now aswell and i made a very fun discovery. 

Ekkelenkamp who i had no real high hopes for was my biggest suprice. Called him back from a loan when i was out of attacking midfielders due to injuries. He became my super sub! Scoring in almost every game or giving assists. I wonder what you can make of him.

288868FF-144D-44B8-AC59-490841DDBC42.png

D493E564-9AB1-49FE-8F12-78FD66B3B7FD.png

46E4EA14-3363-46A9-90E1-F89F66C753DE.png

4 hours ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Ajax Amsterdam. The biggest and richest club in the Dutch Eredivisie. They have a superb youth academy which has produced some all-time greats like Johan Cruyff, Patrick Kluivert, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, In the modern age, they still have some of the world's biggest talents, with the likes of Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong and Ryan Gravenbergh.

Even though the club has the best squad, the most money and the best youth facilities, they haven't won a single trophy in the past 5 years and the role they've played in Europe has been limited, aside from their wonderfull 2017 campaign in which they reached the Europa League final.

Time to restore the club to it's former glory!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals

Of course, the Ajax Board of Directors have set some goals for the 2018/2019 season. I will also add some myself :

• Win the Eredivisie

Tactics

For the tactics, I chose an ancient approach, made famous by Johan Cruyff. The diamond formation.
I will play 4 at the back, with 2 full-backs and 2 ball-playing defenders.

4 in midfield, in a diamond with a Deep-Lying Playmaker at CDM, 2 Advanced Playmakers in Central Midfield and a Shadow Striker at CAM ( false 9 ).

Up front, I will have 2 Inside Forwards .

Screenshot_20181108-102853.thumb.jpg.af5ef18485154fdfbedd7215d6c5c759.jpg

Players to watch

There's a lot of young talent at the club and some have potential to become truly world-class. There's several players I expect to carry the team throughout the campaign in both European and national competitions :

• Hakim Ziyech.
    With his creativity and great passing ability, he has everything it takes to be a key player throughout the season, providing both goals and assists.
  • Matthijs de Ligt
    This young central defender is tipped to become the best defender of the new generation. I expect him to be an important part in build-up and transition play, as well as keeping the defense on lock.
  • Frenkie de Jong
    He has everything he needs to succeed. He can direct the play, make intelligent runs and score goals. I expect him to be a true creative force in the team.
  • Kasper Dolberg
    He's been called everything so far. The new Dennis Bergkamp should be key in scoring goals throughout the season. After a bad 2017/2018 campaign with lots of injuries, he should retaliate this season.

hello could you give me your full tactics? i tried your formation although i change FB to WB, one of the AP to BBM but cant seem to get consistent result,tried short/mixed passing with no avail maybe trying your tactics work for me? im using City btw

46 minutes ago, meazurali89 said:

hello could you give me your full tactics? i tried your formation although i change FB to WB, one of the AP to BBM but cant seem to get consistent result,tried short/mixed passing with no avail maybe trying your tactics work for me? im using City btw

Why would you use wing backs with a false 9? No one is gonna head that ball in goal. The main thing you want is your wingers to cut inside and your attacking midfielder ( shadow striker ) to have a free role, allowing him to make runs anywhere on the front line. So far, it's been working out quite well for me except for Champions League games.

Screenshot_20181108-162248.thumb.jpg.28e522c6644bfd4979ed256d228fac8d.jpgScreenshot_20181108-162244.thumb.jpg.08928b6a37b0e6a1e4700b3802effd73.jpgScreenshot_20181108-162256.thumb.jpg.514440b474439e88eb1164134304b607.jpgScreenshot_20181108-162306.thumb.jpg.0da4f3be4f8b616e5282af4971d778e7.jpg

3 hours ago, Etemmu said:

Looking forward to your experiences, managing Ajax myself now aswell and i made a very fun discovery. 

Ekkelenkamp who i had no real high hopes for was my biggest suprice. Called him back from a loan when i was out of attacking midfielders due to injuries. He became my super sub! Scoring in almost every game or giving assists. I wonder what you can make of him.

288868FF-144D-44B8-AC59-490841DDBC42.png

D493E564-9AB1-49FE-8F12-78FD66B3B7FD.png

46E4EA14-3363-46A9-90E1-F89F66C753DE.png

I bought this guy on my first save with Feyenoord. He really did well. The downside is that I don't play an actual attacking midfielder. My attacking midfielder is a shadow striker ( in this case I retrained Dolberg to play as CAM ) and not a playmaker. Although when I see this guys' stats, he's gonna be banging goas in.

1 hour ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Why would you use wing backs with a false 9? No one is gonna head that ball in goal. The main thing you want is your wingers to cut inside and your attacking midfielder ( shadow striker ) to have a free role, allowing him to make runs anywhere on the front line. So far, it's been working out quite well for me except for Champions League games.

Screenshot_20181108-162248.thumb.jpg.28e522c6644bfd4979ed256d228fac8d.jpgScreenshot_20181108-162244.thumb.jpg.08928b6a37b0e6a1e4700b3802effd73.jpgScreenshot_20181108-162256.thumb.jpg.514440b474439e88eb1164134304b607.jpgScreenshot_20181108-162306.thumb.jpg.0da4f3be4f8b616e5282af4971d778e7.jpg

I bought this guy on my first save with Feyenoord. He really did well. The downside is that I don't play an actual attacking midfielder. My attacking midfielder is a shadow striker ( in this case I retrained Dolberg to play as CAM ) and not a playmaker. Although when I see this guys' stats, he's gonna be banging goas in.

I play him as shadow striker in my save, dont feel like he is better then ziyech at this point. He lacks dribbling imo to be better then ziyech as cam. 

Oh, I would love to see that former glory restored! 😉 Definitely following this one. Interesting that Ekkelenkamp is doing so well, I am not sure about his actual potential in real life yet, but we will see.. Good luck!

November 2018

I'm sorry guys, my sister just bought a house, so we're working very hard. Didn't have much time for FMM.
Anyway, it's November first 2018 and unfortunately, the season hasn't been going too well for this Ajax.

We started off great, beating Sturm Graz and Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League qualification. In the playoffs, we lost on aggregate against Benfica. This resulted in Ajax being in the Europa League group stage, along with Krasnodar, FCSB and Bordeaux. Normally, this group should be a walk in the park.

Form

Unfortunately, we haven't been quite on point when it comes to finishing matches. The season started out really promising, with a lot of wins on our hand, but later on, we started wasting games. This has to do with a lot of careless finishing and bad defending. Our main striker, Kasper Dolberg got injured for 3 months, making it harder for the group to score goals.Screenshot_20181112-101611.thumb.jpg.686be50515d66c7168e7a5732e8e78b9.jpg

Great start to the season

Screenshot_20181112-101615.thumb.jpg.a8900bb4d745d7500442d215e348b741.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone

Screenshot_20181112-101559.thumb.jpg.1510f75666b1d081753b40052a4c28f9.jpg

The Eredivisie isn't going too well, coming in 9th....

Screenshot_20181112-101604.thumb.jpg.606ab459da90a0aebf847531e3b6ee12.jpg

At least we're topping our European group...

Goals

At the start of this career, I set some first season goals for myself. Let's see how they're going so far!

• Win the Eredivisie
    Not very likely to happen.
    - Brian Brobbey - debut against FC Volendam in a Dutch Cup game.
    - Nicolas Kühn - debut against Heracles Almelo in an Eredivisie game
    Nothing special found yet.

The supporters at Ajax are already singing songs to me! Their most favorite one is :
"You're getting sacked in the morning". 

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Why am I liking this 😂 

Good to see PSV on the summit, but come on mate, hang in there!! 

I helped Feyenoord get their first away win in Amsterdam in 14 years though. I'm a nice guy😂