Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-2-4 Grande Torino - GTO

BatiGoal

Super excited to see a new @BatiGoal tactic!

As always, my first thoughts are to see what I can do to mix this tactic with my current successes.

Thanks for the work you did here.

16 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Good to hear. It does take time to gell, but if people get right players in it should get you the results. 

Exactly.... i got few free transfer with the "position guide" right set of skills for the right position does makes a difference....  like BBM should have good......(below) so on and so forth....

Shooting, Tackling, Teamwork, Stamina

Edited by johnvibe77
34 minutes ago, akbrim said:

Super excited to see a new @BatiGoal tactic!

As always, my first thoughts are to see what I can do to mix this tactic with my current successes.

Thanks for the work you did here.

You're welcome. But pls don't get your hopes up, seems quite a few people are having trouble with it. 

Fantastic work again @BatiGoal 

I’ve tried for 2 seasons in a row now but I have done few adjustments. 

Season 1 - went great but too many goals conceded and some matches ended 0-0 (maybe I didn’t have the right players playing the right position)

season 2 - I moved the IF backwards as W (left foot works great) 

the AF became IF and Dybala works well

I’ve also swapped the AP with the BBM ( I have 3 right foot able to play AP, I thought it would make sense)

It works fantastically also when I play Pjaca as IF but on the other side, with a proper W with right foot (only Cancelo can do the job at the moment)

So far so good, even though I’m not entirely happy with my P and TM

06352552-BE2C-4218-9B9F-6601850454B7.png

E4C4E07C-23CD-4136-A6A1-D69BEEE3E2AC.png

5ED0C830-B92C-41D6-8B5F-E70538D77CDB.png

52C6696A-D3FB-42F3-B9A1-78DEAD819DC5.png

0264CE06-1738-4490-91D9-9B5F6C7428D7.png

D344401C-CDAF-453E-A0CF-F1EDDA7E4C0C.png

3182CDBE-6D25-42BE-8519-5E5D6ACCC3FB.png

Well I already got a great tactic but in no way it was plug and playish.......this seems great will give it a try with madrid

Edit: Didn't work at all for me.......lost 6-0,5-1,5-0 against Tottenham in champions League.Sadly can't give this tactic 4-5 matches with these results

Edited by MohitMax Roy
Update

Looks like you did it again mate! Great stuff and chuffed that you got the Grande Torino tactic going again. 

Printed it out and stuck it on my wall! (not really can't use it because I'm in a challenge career and doing pretty well anyway, but might try elements of it). 

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

I have been testing this in Cheltenham and District Division 4 and it works a treat!

Thanks Bati 😁

Great but odd at the same time. People playing Liverpool and Man City get hammered, but teams like Leyton Orient and Cheltenham get the results. Was supposed to be the other way round. At least in my test saves. Funny game this is. 

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Doesn't work in pressure situations. Please fix.

Easy fix for you, mate, hit the 'resign' button and you are relieved of your pressure situation.

4 hours ago, fernandes.federico said:

Fantastic work again @BatiGoal 

I’ve tried for 2 seasons in a row now but I have done few adjustments. 

Season 1 - went great but too many goals conceded and some matches ended 0-0 (maybe I didn’t have the right players playing the right position)

season 2 - I moved the IF backwards as W (left foot works great) 

the AF became IF and Dybala works well

I’ve also swapped the AP with the BBM ( I have 3 right foot able to play AP, I thought it would make sense)

It works fantastically also when I play Pjaca as IF but on the other side, with a proper W with right foot (only Cancelo can do the job at the moment)

So far so good, even though I’m not entirely happy with my P and TM

06352552-BE2C-4218-9B9F-6601850454B7.png

E4C4E07C-23CD-4136-A6A1-D69BEEE3E2AC.png

5ED0C830-B92C-41D6-8B5F-E70538D77CDB.png

52C6696A-D3FB-42F3-B9A1-78DEAD819DC5.png

0264CE06-1738-4490-91D9-9B5F6C7428D7.png

D344401C-CDAF-453E-A0CF-F1EDDA7E4C0C.png

3182CDBE-6D25-42BE-8519-5E5D6ACCC3FB.png

That's the way to go. I like the AP-BBM swap, depends on how your front four are lined up. If those little tweaks bring your team's performances to the next level then you are doing something right. Hope it's consistent now. 

3 hours ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Edit: Didn't work at all for me.......lost 6-0,5-1,5-0 against Tottenham in champions League.Sadly can't give this tactic 4-5 matches with these results

With Madrid it shouldn't be hard at all with the right players. I'll test it myself and send you the (tweaked possibly) line up. 

I'm guessing your AP-BBM midfield is getting overrun. Try DLP-CM or CM-AP. A SK will also stop a lot of counter attacks if you can find a decent one.

32 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Looks like you did it again mate! Great stuff and chuffed that you got the Grande Torino tactic going again. 

It does for me, which is the only thing that matters anyway 😂 

There's a few things I'd like to say about this tactic. 

First, it's proving a lot harder for you guys to use than I anticipated. I have 4 formations that work very well for me. 2 traditional ones and 2.. well.. edgy ones for lack of a better term. I thought this GTO was somewhere inbetween, certainly not traditional but also not as edgy as my TKO (some of you might remember this one). Apparently it is edgy. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have used the term "plug-and-play-ish" in the OP and I certainly would never have posted it for you. Re the plug-and-play, there's of course no such thing but I'm referring to formations that require very little tinkering. This GTO doesn't fall into that category. 

Second, there's a reason I failed to make this GTO work in the previous three FMM versions. It's a downright pain in the butt. But after four years it's back "online" but the ring rust is clearly evident. For me personally I love making difficult formations work. They're not your typical ones thus bring something new something different to the game. It's a challenge to make them consistent and playable and they require a lot of patience, time and testing. 

So if you're looking for something that requires less effort to make it click, pls, get out of this thread now. There's easier tactics out there. If you're in no hurry and OK with having to spend some time to tweak to get results, I'm more than willing to help you get there. 

17 hours ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Sadly can't give this tactic 4-5 matches with these results

I played half a season with Madrid and I got a few tweaks in that make it much more playable for you if you're interested. Will post in a bit.. 

40 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

First, it's proving a lot harder for you guys to use than I anticipated. I have 4 formations that work very well for me. 2 traditional ones and 2.. well.. edgy ones for lack of a better term. I thought this GTO was somewhere inbetween, certainly not traditional but also not as edgy as my TKO (some of you might remember this one). Apparently it is edgy. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have used the term "plug-and-play-ish" in the OP and I certainly would never have posted it for you. Re the plug-and-play, there's of course no such thing but I'm referring to formations that require very little tinkering. This GTO doesn't fall into that category. 

Second, there's a reason I failed to make this GTO work in the previous three FMM versions. It's a downright pain in the butt. But after four years it's back "online" but the ring rust is clearly evident. For me personally I love making difficult formations work. They're not your typical ones thus bring something new something different to the game. It's a challenge to make them consistent and playable and they require a lot of patience, time and testing. 

So if you're looking for something that requires less effort to make it click, pls, get out of this thread now. There's easier tactics out there. If you're in no hurry and OK with having to spend some time to tweak to get results, I'm more than willing to help you get there. 

I played half a season with Madrid and I got a few tweaks in that make it much more playable for you if you're interested. Will post in a bit.. 

Washed up old fart 😛

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Pls do as i need a second tactic in my team to confuse the ai.....

Decided to give this one a try with Villa, though already a few season in. Had kept hold of Davies who is a great TM. It’s working very well, won all games, until Liverpool showed up! Origi 😳 

Have had success using Overload if losing with around 20 mins to go.

52AB39FB-3A51-4540-8E12-A6C15CF96C87.thumb.png.b87693c2cb98193dc1e9315265b7d5d5.png

AD17B844-15FE-4940-BD81-2FB94A66790E.thumb.png.6ca6996ea0c1161d1cb0de98cabfe43e.png

Edit: Bogey Team! 😡

5B2C992F-CF5E-4EF6-8DDC-FAC3BFCED564.thumb.png.aadc2a7554d4e31cb6da5c55eb9578ec.png

C5BC0022-DCAA-4D3F-BEEC-B225AFA9E1F0.png

Edited by TedB86
1 hour ago, TedB86 said:

Decided to give this one a try with Villa, though already a few season in. Had kept hold of Davies who is a great TM. It’s working very well, won all games, until Liverpool showed up! Origi 😳 

Have had success using Overload if losing with around 20 mins to go.

52AB39FB-3A51-4540-8E12-A6C15CF96C87.thumb.png.b87693c2cb98193dc1e9315265b7d5d5.png

AD17B844-15FE-4940-BD81-2FB94A66790E.thumb.png.6ca6996ea0c1161d1cb0de98cabfe43e.png

Edit: Bogey Team! 😡

5B2C992F-CF5E-4EF6-8DDC-FAC3BFCED564.thumb.png.aadc2a7554d4e31cb6da5c55eb9578ec.png

Winning streak of at least 12 games is very nice. Working good for you and you're only a couple tweaks away from making it waterproof 👍 

1 hour ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Pls do as i need a second tactic in my team to confuse the ai.....

I played two saves with Madrid to see wth it isn't working.. first save I used the OP settings with the original starting squad. Played half a season, 30 games incl. CL and SC. 24W 2D 4L. Winning 24 is OK, but 4 losses by Jan is too many. Problem is there's no TM and first 15 games we got problems in midfield being outnumbered. Second 15 games we got more consistency in. 

So I played a second save with tweaks to try and improve.. I bought a TM first cause it's vital, the only player I added to the team. And there's two ways to solve/counter the "being outnumbered in midfield" issue. 

1. Counter this by switching your BBM-AP duo to a slightly more defensive/holding pair to keep your numbers. CM-AP or CM-DLP works. 
  2. Being outnumbered in the center often means fewer opponents on the flanks. Take advantage of that space by going passing focus down both flanks. 
  3. Try both. 

Screenshot_20181115-184207.thumb.png.417ed8a02082ac50a8b4a065ef26b1ba.png

These are my starters. Brought in Lukaku. Rotating CMs between Casemiro, Kroos and Modric. Isco subbing either flank. Navas over Courtois as a SK with high defensive line. Expressive creative freedom over balanced. And finally one of the above solutions for the outnumbered problem. 

Screenshot_20181115-110649.thumb.png.60459a1e2574d2829667c7c796edde5b.png

I was dreading this game for sure as it was La Liga opener and we were nowhere near ready. But we did well. Probably somewhat lucky too as I'm sure a replay wouldn't have given us a comfy win. 

Screenshot_20181115-184904.thumb.png.c6f92bebdb35721ec872a7154691b8fe.png

We'd meet again 6 months later and this time we were ready. Solid win. I went flanks here since CM area was packed. It shows with a Bale hattrick. 

Screenshot_20181115-185033.thumb.png.6b01bed0e2fc32b8c077873f680241d2.png

Tbh looks easier than it was. Lost 2 SC games and pretty much won the rest. Like all test saves and pretty much everyone here, the start of this GTO tactic is rough and understandably not everyone has the patience for it. But get through it and it's smooth sailing. 

Screenshot_20181115-185717.thumb.png.6752fecd7819ef8c8aece4fda7e736da.png

You said Spurs knocked you out of CL. So I was delighted to be paired in the group with them. Not easy wins gotta admit but as we're still in the process of building a team at this point I take any win. 

Try some of the things I mentioned above and hopefully you get better results out of them. 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Winning streak of at least 12 games is very nice. Working good for you and you're only a couple tweaks away from making it waterproof 👍 

I played two saves with Madrid to see wth it isn't working.. first save I used the OP settings with the original starting squad. Played half a season, 30 games incl. CL and SC. 24W 2D 4L. Winning 24 is OK, but 4 losses by Jan is too many. Problem is there's no TM and first 15 games we got problems in midfield being outnumbered. Second 15 games we got more consistency in. 

So I played a second save with tweaks to try and improve.. I bought a TM first cause it's vital, the only player I added to the team. And there's two ways to solve/counter the "being outnumbered in midfield" issue. 

1. Counter this by switching your BBM-AP duo to a slightly more defensive/holding pair to keep your numbers. CM-AP or CM-DLP works. 
  2. Being outnumbered in the center often means fewer opponents on the flanks. Take advantage of that space by going passing focus down both flanks. 
  3. Try both. 

Screenshot_20181115-184207.thumb.png.417ed8a02082ac50a8b4a065ef26b1ba.png

These are my starters. Brought in Lukaku. Rotating CMs between Casemiro, Kroos and Modric. Isco subbing either flank. Navas over Courtois as a SK with high defensive line. Expressive creative freedom over balanced. And finally one of the above solutions for the outnumbered problem. 

Screenshot_20181115-110649.thumb.png.60459a1e2574d2829667c7c796edde5b.png

I was dreading this game for sure as it was La Liga opener and we were nowhere near ready. But we did well. Probably somewhat lucky too as I'm sure a replay wouldn't have given us a comfy win. 

Screenshot_20181115-184904.thumb.png.c6f92bebdb35721ec872a7154691b8fe.png

We'd meet again 6 months later and this time we were ready. Solid win. I went flanks here since CM area was packed. It shows with a Bale hattrick. 

Screenshot_20181115-185033.thumb.png.6b01bed0e2fc32b8c077873f680241d2.png

Tbh looks easier than it was. Lost 2 SC games and pretty much won the rest. Like all test saves and pretty much everyone here, the start of this GTO tactic is rough and understandably not everyone has the patience for it. But get through it and it's smooth sailing. 

Screenshot_20181115-185717.thumb.png.6752fecd7819ef8c8aece4fda7e736da.png

You said Spurs knocked you out of CL. So I was delighted to be paired in the group with them. Not easy wins gotta admit but as we're still in the process of building a team at this point I take any win. 

Try some of the things I mentioned above and hopefully you get better results out of them. 

Trying it now.....will update

9 hours ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Trying it now.....will update

Let me know how it goes. If still no significant difference, there's one last thing you could try that I'm using with small teams in particular. It improves my Madrid side a little as well, hopefully yours too. 

13 minutes ago, veerus said:

Did you test WB instead of FB?  With the wide forwards pushed so high up, I would expect WBs to be a bit more effective.  

I did yes but makes the defence too leaky. Strong teams can get away with it if there's enough firepower upfront, but it's not recommended for small teams, at least the times I tested it. 

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I did yes but makes the defence too leaky. Strong teams can get away with it if there's enough firepower upfront, but it's not recommended for small teams, at least the times I tested it. 

Had a feeling that would be the answer.  Thanks for confirming. :) 

Currently using this tactic with Notts County, in second year of managing them and third year of game, minimal transfers but managed to get the board to update training facility twice to a decent standard. Using this tactic now for about 10 games, has been great, was unsure about 4 upfront but it’s cracking, was using Battering Ram before and had some okay success but this is, so far, much better. 

Thanks !

1 hour ago, VooDoo MooSE said:

Currently using this tactic with Notts County, in second year of managing them and third year of game, minimal transfers but managed to get the board to update training facility twice to a decent standard. Using this tactic now for about 10 games, has been great, was unsure about 4 upfront but it’s cracking, was using Battering Ram before and had some okay success but this is, so far, much better. 

Thanks !

You're welcome. I'm just baffled that this tactic is working better with lower league teams. It's not the reason I created it, but good to hear anyway. 

A tip you might find useful. Weak spot is midfield no doubt so at times you run the risk of being overrun or outnumbered against certain teams/tactics. An effective way to deal with this issue is to enable the final third options "shoot on sight" and "through balls". Reason for such is that the alternatives "work into box" and "run at defence" (I pick these for lone strikers in need of midfield support) tend to split up your CMs too often which leaves oceans of space for opponents to exploit. Therefore, holding midfield is crucial in a 4-2-4. It's best to minimize that as much as possible by going with "shoot on sight" and "through balls". Hope that makes sense. 

Edited by BatiGoal
On 14/11/2018 at 12:08, BatiGoal said:

the better my players the fewer final third instructions I like to give them. Great players won't need more of one or the other as they're great either way.

I’ve never really thought about it I like that before but it totally makes sense. I’ve always used a minimum of 2 at any time but been trying out your theory with my tactics and a world class team and my shot to goal ratio (which is always terrible compared to AI) has massively improved 👍

50 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

I’ve never really thought about it I like that before but it totally makes sense. I’ve always used a minimum of 2 at any time but been trying out your theory with my tactics and a world class team and my shot to goal ratio (which is always terrible compared to AI) has massively improved 👍

Perfect. 

Easiest way to explain is, picking an option effectively means instructing them to do less of the other. Much like a bar that shifts to a side creating an imbalance (I like to say 'predictability' in FMM terms) and we don't want that. So leaving them untouched is ideal. 

This has worked well for me so far, I'm in the 5th season of my Spurs save, have won everything and was starting to plateau. I started the new season badly and needed to freshen things up, I was using a slight variation of Black Pearl and I felt like the AI had figured me out. Not sure if anyone else has found this too?

I've played 10 games so far and had good results (won 8 and drawn 2), in these games I've conceded 6 and scored 30 and this is with quite a lot of rotation to give youth players some game time. 

As you suggested I've swapped the BBM to a CM to start games and swap to a BBM if I need a goal.

Thanks very much and keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, JRW said:

This has worked well for me so far, I'm in the 5th season of my Spurs save, have won everything and was starting to plateau. I started the new season badly and needed to freshen things up, I was using a slight variation of Black Pearl and I felt like the AI had figured me out. Not sure if anyone else has found this too?

I've played 10 games so far and had good results (won 8 and drawn 2), in these games I've conceded 6 and scored 30 and this is with quite a lot of rotation to give youth players some game time. 

As you suggested I've swapped the BBM to a CM to start games and swap to a BBM if I need a goal.

Thanks very much and keep up the good work!

Hope those results continue for you. Thanks for sharing. Cheers 👍 

@BatiGoal used this tactic with a Man Utd save for the past couple of seasons, only change I made was high defensive line, gk-sk and af to winger, won pl and cl in first season, won everything in the second, almost finished my third season, first in pl by a mile, still in champs but got knocked out of the league and fa cup on penalties by lower teams. 

Ive noticed I always hammer the big teams home and away with some really big results in the cl against the elite teams but struggle away against lower teams 

pic most recent result

BD87C335-BB95-4C55-A3E4-165AE4068C4A.png

3 hours ago, GillyOG said:

@BatiGoal used this tactic with a Man Utd save for the past couple of seasons, only change I made was high defensive line, gk-sk and af to winger, won pl and cl in first season, won everything in the second, almost finished my third season, first in pl by a mile, still in champs but got knocked out of the league and fa cup on penalties by lower teams. 

Ive noticed I always hammer the big teams home and away with some really big results in the cl against the elite teams but struggle away against lower teams 

pic most recent result

BD87C335-BB95-4C55-A3E4-165AE4068C4A.png

👍

If you're having trouble vs certain teams try enabling final third options 'shoot on sight' and 'through balls', it'll hold your CMs in place and stabilize your midfield a little more.