Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics [EME] MuRToN's any team tactics [Great Attack/Defence]

MuRToN

Hello everyone!

It's been a while (years) since I posted a tactic on these forums, but those who remember my previous post will know just what to expect in regards to quality and testing.

I am not just sharing one, but two tactics today. The first is designed to get your career started in case you chose a smaller/weaker side, and the second is designed for complete domination of any league and/or cups.

Both tactics are designed for the Enhanced Match Engine (EME).

Both tactics have been thoroughly tested in both career (7 seasons) and challenge modes, and every option selected is the result of fine tuning.

The Starter Tactic

Start_Tactic.thumb.jpg.67ee27afb50e56f147ac6813791bbe55.jpg

Pros

• Easy to manage as it doesn't require an excessive amount of players for one particular spot.
  • Can be used by just about any team in the game without difficulty.
  • Very strong defensively when on lockdown (ie: Contain - Slow - Disciplined), which allows you to keep your goal lead with ease.
  • Very easy on player fitness levels, which is helpful when managing your first season with a smaller squad size.
  • Not prone to red cards or injuries.
  • Does not require a lot of possession or shots on target to score.
  • Not dependent on one particular position to score goals (40% wings, 50% striker + AP, 10% rest of the squad).

Cons

• Struggles to keep possession at times.
  • Libero and BWM will almost always have poor match ratings (6), which is strange but can be safely ignored unless the rating falls below 6.
  • The BWM will receive yellow cards more often than the others, and will need to be subbed whenever needed.

Recommendations

• Adjust the tempo to "Normal" whenever the team struggles heavily for possession (getting completely dominated).
  • Adjust the tempo to "Normal" or "Fast" if struggling to score that first goal in a home game due to opponent parking the bus (ie: opponent set to contain).
  • The striker function can be set to either Complete or Advanced Forward depending on the strikers at your disposal.
  • Switch to lockdown mode (ie: Contain - Slow - Disciplined) whenever you lead by two or more goals, as this tactic rarely concedes a goal in that mode.
  • In case of a red card (rare), take out the inside forward with the lowest rating and you should be ok.

The Domination Tactic

Dominate_Tactic.thumb.jpg.c21f1c652a725c4ae9e3e5befe2efe7e.jpg

Pros

• Will score a lot of goals!
  • Very strong defensively when on lockdown (ie: Contain - Slow - Disciplined), which allows you to keep your goal lead with ease.
  • Very good at keeping possession in the opponents half and dominate games.
  • Easy on player fitness levels.
  • Not dependent on one particular position to score goals (40% wings, 50% shadow strikers, 10% rest of the squad).

Cons

• Libero and BWM will almost always have poor match ratings (6), which is strange but can be safely ignored unless the rating falls below 6.
  • The BWM will receive yellow cards more often than the others, and will need to be subbed whenever needed.

Recommendations

• Adjust the tempo to "Fast" if struggling to score that first goal in a home game due to opponent parking the bus (ie: opponent set to contain).
  • Switch to lockdown mode (ie: Contain - Slow - Disciplined) whenever you lead by two or more goals, as this tactic rarely concedes a goal in that mode.
  • In case of a red card (rare), take out the inside forward with the lowest rating and you should be ok.
  • Do not be tempted to switch shadow strikers to trequartista, as the shadow strikers allow you to keep more possession in the opponents half.

Career Mode Test Results

Season 2018-19

Tactic used: Starter Tactic

Goal: All I wanted at this point was to see what this tactic could do over an entire season.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, Europa League.

Spoiler

Season_18-19.thumb.jpg.bd910a7d3c0e8afcfd864372ba132c5d.jpg

Season 2019-20

Goal: Transition period started there. I optimized the training, retrained some positions and made a few of youth signings.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champions League, Super Cup.

Spoiler

Season_19-20.thumb.jpg.bbde899179f8f2d8c30e46e847636c9e.jpg

Season 2020-21

Goal: Transition period in full motion. Sold Özil, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, retrained some positions and signed a couple of good defenders.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, Super Cup, Club World Championship.

Spoiler

Season_20-21.thumb.jpg.0b05f86896fa69b171d6a8c482ba8cc5.jpg

Season 2021-22

Goal: Still in transition. Gave the young players a maximum amount of game time.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup.

Spoiler

Season_21-22.thumb.jpg.e58bd4007c5f7d8929d45c2d09db5905.jpg

Season 2022-23

Goal: Transition nearing the end. Continuing the young player development and signing more young players whilst sending the youngest (16, 17, 18) out on loan.

Trophies won: English Premier League (unbeaten), Charity Shield, Champions league.

Spoiler

Season_22-23.thumb.jpg.b1c07a6f4930b76f34d8f897f393f8eb.jpg

Season 2023-24

Tactic used: Starter Tactic for the first half of the season, then used the Domination Tactic.

Goal: Transition period over. Final preparations (position retraining) for the domination tactic.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Championship.

Spoiler

Season_23-24.thumb.jpg.d094dcdbe232037334a1ac3af1e08ee7.jpg

Season 2024-25

Tactic used: Domination Tactic.

Goal: Win it all.

Trophies won: English Premier League (unbeaten + record points), FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Championship.

Spoiler

Season_24-25.thumb.jpg.148e68eda377fcac3eec69c26ce996d6.jpg

Conclusion

Both tactics have their use and will yield different results depending on what sort of team/squad you have at your disposal.

In any case, they are both very capable of winning any trophy in the game and will allow your team to overachieve.

I highly recommend that you read the "Training & Retraining Position Guide" from Nucleus before using these tactics in career mode.

Thank you for reading.

Hope this helps.

53 minutes ago, MuRToN said:

Hello everyone!

It's been a while (years) since I posted a tactic on these forums, but those who remember my previous post will know just what to expect in regards to quality and testing.

I am not just sharing one, but two tactics today. The first is designed to get your career started in case you chose a smaller/weaker side, and the second is designed for complete domination of any league and/or cups.

Both tactics are designed for the Enhanced Match Engine (EME).

Both tactics have been thoroughly tested in both career (7 seasons) and challenge modes, and every option selected is the result of fine tuning.

The Starter Tactic

Start_Tactic.thumb.jpg.67ee27afb50e56f147ac6813791bbe55.jpg

Pros

• Easy to manage as it doesn't require an excessive amount of players for one particular spot.
  • Can be used by just about any team in the game without difficulty.
  • Very easy on player fitness levels, which is helpful when managing your first season with a smaller squad size.
  • Does not require a lot of possession or shots on target to score.
  • Not dependent on one particular position to score goals (40% wings, 50% striker + AP, 10% rest of the squad).

Cons

• Struggles to keep possession at times.

Recommendations

• Adjust the tempo to "Normal" whenever the team struggles heavily for possession (getting completely dominated).
  • Adjust the tempo to "Normal" or "Fast" if struggling to score that first goal in a home game due to opponent parking the bus (ie: opponent set to contain).
  • The striker function can be set to either Complete or Advanced Forward depending on the strikers at your disposal.

The Domination Tactic

Dominate_Tactic.thumb.jpg.c21f1c652a725c4ae9e3e5befe2efe7e.jpg

Pros

• Will score a lot of goals!
  • Very good at keeping possession in the opponents half and dominate games.
  • Easy on player fitness levels.
  • Not dependent on one particular position to score goals (40% wings, 50% shadow strikers, 10% rest of the squad).

Cons

Recommendations

• Adjust the tempo to "Fast" if struggling to score that first goal in a home game due to opponent parking the bus (ie: opponent set to contain).
  • Do not be tempted to switch shadow strikers to trequartista, as the shadow strikers allow you to keep more possession in the opponents half.

Career Mode Test Results

Season 2018-19

Goal: All I wanted at this point was to see what this tactic could do over an entire season.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, Europa League.

Hide contents

Season_18-19.thumb.jpg.bd910a7d3c0e8afcfd864372ba132c5d.jpg

Season 2019-20

Goal: Transition period started there. I optimized the training, retrained some positions and made a few of youth signings.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champions League, Super Cup.

Hide contents

Season_19-20.thumb.jpg.bbde899179f8f2d8c30e46e847636c9e.jpg

Season 2020-21

Goal: Transition period in full motion. Sold Özil, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, retrained some positions and signed a couple of good defenders.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, Super Cup, Club World Championship.

Reveal hidden contents

Season_20-21.thumb.jpg.0b05f86896fa69b171d6a8c482ba8cc5.jpg

Season 2021-22

Goal: Still in transition. Gave the young players a maximum amount of game time.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup.

Reveal hidden contents

Season_21-22.thumb.jpg.e58bd4007c5f7d8929d45c2d09db5905.jpg

Season 2022-23

Goal: Transition nearing the end. Continuing the young player development and signing more young players whilst sending the youngest (16, 17, 18) out on loan.

Trophies won: English Premier League (unbeaten), Charity Shield, Champions league.

Reveal hidden contents

Season_22-23.thumb.jpg.b1c07a6f4930b76f34d8f897f393f8eb.jpg

Season 2023-24

Tactic used: Starter Tactic for the first half of the season, then used the Domination Tactic.

Goal: Transition period over. Final preparations (position retraining) for the domination tactic.

Trophies won: English Premier League, Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Championship.

Reveal hidden contents

Season_23-24.thumb.jpg.d094dcdbe232037334a1ac3af1e08ee7.jpg

Season 2024-25

Tactic used: Domination Tactic.

Goal: Win it all.

Trophies won: English Premier League (unbeaten + record points), FA Cup, Charity Shield, Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Championship.

Reveal hidden contents

Season_24-25.thumb.jpg.148e68eda377fcac3eec69c26ce996d6.jpg

Conclusion

Both tactics have their use and will yield different results depending on what sort of team/squad you have at your disposal.

In any case, they are both very capable of winning any trophy in the game and will allow your team to overachieve.

I highly recommend that you read the "Training & Retraining Position Guide" from Nucleus before using these tactics in career mode.

Thank you for reading.

Hope this helps.

Hi mate, did you try with a small team?

1 hour ago, Apexteam said:

Hi mate, did you try with a small team?

Yes. Small teams were mostly tested during challenges, and I have yet to find a team which doesn't do well with this tactic.

I do all my tactic initial testing and research on small teams with the "Saviour Cometh" challenge. In my experience it's the best way to find a good tactic because the squad quality, league position and morale is at its lowest, which means a tactic capable of winning consistently at that level is generally a good one.

Screenshot_20181104-164633.thumb.jpg.b6d6eaa3f73d11f4cbe57f3f33576241.jpg

Screenshot_20181104-163822.thumb.jpg.0fc6143b337d5065c7481465e1aee8f1.jpg

Screenshot_20181104-164705.thumb.jpg.779a9b767d93ad7c7b42eaf70a6a2527.jpg

Edited by MuRToN
29 minutes ago, panjalakuruchi said:

Hi when u use the starter tactic with arsenal.. do u start with slow tempo and how often do u have to switch to normal or fast?

Yes, I always started on slow with the starter tactic and I rarely had to switch to normal during the first season (Aubameyang is insanely good).

12 minutes ago, Rumtickler said:

Tested in a couple of matches and held it's own. I'm Van National and comp was L1 and L2 (friendly's) 

Thank you for testing in the lower leagues. I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

2 hours ago, DutchTony said:

@MuRToN I remember your tactic from FMH2014. Hopefully this will be as good 😊

The members of the FMM Vibe community were always very supportive. Thank you for keeping the good values going.

1 hour ago, ron1hy said:

I'm going to try this. Do the player roles have to be the ones that you have in the OP?

Thanks

Yes. I did a lot of testing and fine tuning to make this tactic as well balanced as possible.

Having said that, if you choose to experiment and improve the tactic then I'd be happy if you could share your findings with us.

9 minutes ago, Dhxn said:

This is amazing! Thank you!

Happy to help 🙂

This tactic is insanely good so far. Just got to Christmas with my wolves team. Started with two loses to Liverpool and man city (3-2 and 2-1) then went on to win 9 league games on the spin before my next loss. Currently top by 1 point

2 hours ago, blackpower30 said:

This tactic is insanely good so far. Just got to Christmas with my wolves team. Started with two loses to Liverpool and man city (3-2 and 2-1) then went on to win 9 league games on the spin before my next loss. Currently top by 1 point

Which version did you use?

Murton show some love to OME users. I`m trying to sort this tactic to the OME conditions and I win against small clubs with AC Milan /players are good - I don`t have a good BWM, but rest is great/. Lost to Juve 0 - 6 and I was crying a lot. They dominate the ball. What should I do in this case?

thanks for the tactic, which is working well so far. In my case, I was playing previous season with different tactical system (poacher and target man, which were fantastic, just below 90 goals in one season together) but now I have to bench them coz they are not ideal for this tactic. What would you do? Switch back to my tactic? or else? thanks

3 hours ago, fernandes.federico said:

thanks for the tactic, which is working well so far. In my case, I was playing previous season with different tactical system (poacher and target man, which were fantastic, just below 90 goals in one season together) but now I have to bench them coz they are not ideal for this tactic. What would you do? Switch back to my tactic? or else? thanks

You run whichever tactic is more successful for you. Sell players that don't fit what you want to use.

14 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Which version did you use?

Ive solely used the started tactic so far and only signed a couple of players so mainly the base wolves team. Trying to give playing time youth players i.e. Gibbs-White, and Bazunu (Irish  GK) in cups and games where I'm 2+ goals in front. P.s. Bazunu is quality from the start. Had to play majority of the first 7 games as Patricio was injured. 

On 16/11/2018 at 08:39, Rumtickler said:

One thing I have noticed that since running this my players don't learn as much from each match - anyone else noticed? 

My players have been improving very well for me so far. What coaches do you have in the staff? I use attacking, defensive, goalkeeping, fitness and youth coaches.

On 16/11/2018 at 00:51, Schwantz34 said:

Can't get the starter one going on a Bochum save. Adjusted training so it  may be the players. Sticking with it but it's not started well.

Did results improve with time and adjusted training? If results don't improve, I recommend trying the "domination" version of the tactic. It won't be as easy to manage with a small squad, but results will be better.

On 15/11/2018 at 23:19, PriZe said:

Good to see you back👌🏻

Thank you PriZe. Glad to help.

19 hours ago, MuRToN said:

My players have been improving very well for me so far. What coaches do you have in the staff? I use attacking, defensive, goalkeeping, fitness and youth coaches.

Did results improve with time and adjusted training? If results don't improve, I recommend trying the "domination" version of the tactic. It won't be as easy to manage with a small squad, but results will be better.

Thank you PriZe. Glad to help.

Nope I ended up sacked. Got a job with Düsseldorf and it's still not working. Switched to a 4-4-2 and getting results now. Maybe my players just aren't very good and can't play any non basic shape.

Edited by Schwantz34
6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Nope I ended up sacked. Got a job with Düsseldorf and it's still not working. Switched to a 4-4-2 and getting results now. Maybe my players just aren't very good and can't play any non basic shape.

You may be right. I don't see any other explanation to be honest. Even though this tactic has been originally built for smaller clubs, all testing was done with bottom English premier league clubs.

The only suggestion I can think of right now is to invest in players capable of fitting the starter or domination tactic roles. 

On a side note, I can confirm that the tactic (domination variant) is still working well with the latest game update. Two premier league seasons unbeaten in a row and four champions league wins in a row. 

442823103_AFFIX_20181118_105546(1).thumb.jpg.64cab1fdd2ac8a9f377a35d4c627f5c6.jpg

One thing is for sure, this tactic is super good defensively speaking. Just terminated my full season using the domination variant with excellent results - won everything there was to win, unbeaten. 

Bit frustrating against teams 'that park the bus' coz I was struggling to score only 1 goal , even after switching to fast tempo.

Training players seems to be very important, the 2 poachers (Kean and Barrow) converted as IFs and trained as AF did pretty well, not scoring many goals tho.

I did a little change - moved the BWM up as BBM and the player improved his performance, helping with few goals and assists, without constantly getting poor match ratings, 6 or below.

Cheers

IMG_8078.PNG

IMG_8075.PNG

IMG_8076.PNG

IMG_8077.PNG

IMG_8081.PNG

IMG_8079.PNG

IMG_8080.PNG

IMG_8082.PNG

17 hours ago, fernandes.federico said:

One thing is for sure, this tactic is super good defensively speaking. Just terminated my full season using the domination variant with excellent results - won everything there was to win, unbeaten. 

Bit frustrating against teams 'that park the bus' coz I was struggling to score only 1 goal , even after switching to fast tempo.

Training players seems to be very important, the 2 poachers (Kean and Barrow) converted as IFs and trained as AF did pretty well, not scoring many goals tho.

I did a little change - moved the BWM up as BBM and the player improved his performance, helping with few goals and assists, without constantly getting poor match ratings, 6 or below.

Cheers

IMG_8078.PNG

IMG_8075.PNG

IMG_8076.PNG

IMG_8077.PNG

IMG_8081.PNG

IMG_8079.PNG

IMG_8080.PNG

IMG_8082.PNG

Congrats on the unbeaten run. It also looks like you successfully fixed the BWM bug which I struggled so much to find a solution for. I often overlook BBMs when making a tactic due to the added difficulty they bring in regards to fitness management. 

I do have a couple of questions though. Did you notice any negative effects after switching to a BBM? Is the tactic still good at dominating possession in the final third? 

Thank you for the great review and for helping out improving the tactic 👍

46 minutes ago, MuRToN said:

Congrats on the unbeaten run. It also looks like you successfully fixed the BWM bug which I struggled so much to find a solution for. I often overlook BBMs when making a tactic due to the added difficulty they bring in regards to fitness management. 

I do have a couple of questions though. Did you notice any negative effects after switching to a BBM? Is the tactic still good at dominating possession in the final third? 

Thank you for the great review and for helping out improving the tactic 👍

Thanks man.

In regards to manage the fitness of the BBM, which eventually get tired after playing 70mins or so, I very often substitute him with another BBM to play the last 20 mins. By swapping the 2 BBMs through the entire season, I ensured to have 2 fully fit BBMs.

I have moved the BWM up around February. Did not notice much difference but I scored little bit less and conceded  few more goals.

I've been reading through the post and man does this tactic look amazing I just can't wait to try this out, but I am in the middle of a challenge attempt so I can't really manage another save unfortunately. 

I do have one question for you though. How do you manage to find all these tactics that work? I've been trying for a long looonnng time to create an exciting and unique tactic that would free me from the shackles of my 4-2-3-1 that I've been stuck on for years. But everytime I try to be innovative and test out a tactic it just ends in catastrophe...

I once tried to 'bring back' catenaccio to A.C Milan and ventured forth on a daring journey of trial and error and to see if i can find that one winning tactic. Nearly 3/4 into the season and I'm in lower mid table, and if I didn't have a place on the board they would have kicked me out already(talk about boardroom politics), every game I play I get owned. I can barely win against relegation clubs. 

Man that was a long story, anyway my main point is this. How do you come up with tactics like this? Is there any kind of trick or tips you have that you make use of? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've tried the domination tactic with man city and can't get any decent results with it. I've tweaked ttaining to suit there roles but just can't figure it out. What am I doing wrong 

10 hours ago, MuRToN said:

I often overlook BBMs when making a tactic due to the added difficulty they bring in regards to fitness management

I have found that they do well in regards to their fitness in a 3- or 4-man midfield (flat, triangle or diamond) where some of the workload is shared among them, whereas playing 2 mids is a lot more (physically) demanding. Playing the former I rarely sub my CMs but the latter nearly every time. 

On 19/11/2018 at 15:06, fernandes.federico said:

Thanks man.

In regards to manage the fitness of the BBM, which eventually get tired after playing 70mins or so, I very often substitute him with another BBM to play the last 20 mins. By swapping the 2 BBMs through the entire season, I ensured to have 2 fully fit BBMs.

I have moved the BWM up around February. Did not notice much difference but I scored little bit less and conceded  few more goals.

I just finished testing using a BBM over a season (still with Arsenal), and unfortunately the results weren't as good.

I noticed that I kept possession a little better, and averaged a lot more shots at goal, but also conceded more goals sadly (especially vs smaller teams).

That being said, it's still a good tip and may help someone struggling to make the tactic work for their team, so thank you.

On 19/11/2018 at 15:31, RPA123456 said:

I've been reading through the post and man does this tactic look amazing I just can't wait to try this out, but I am in the middle of a challenge attempt so I can't really manage another save unfortunately. 

I do have one question for you though. How do you manage to find all these tactics that work? I've been trying for a long looonnng time to create an exciting and unique tactic that would free me from the shackles of my 4-2-3-1 that I've been stuck on for years. But everytime I try to be innovative and test out a tactic it just ends in catastrophe...

I once tried to 'bring back' catenaccio to A.C Milan and ventured forth on a daring journey of trial and error and to see if i can find that one winning tactic. Nearly 3/4 into the season and I'm in lower mid table, and if I didn't have a place on the board they would have kicked me out already(talk about boardroom politics), every game I play I get owned. I can barely win against relegation clubs. 

Man that was a long story, anyway my main point is this. How do you come up with tactics like this? Is there any kind of trick or tips you have that you make use of? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Trial and error is the way to go for me. Whenever looking for a new tactic, I start a "Saviour Cometh" challenge with the worst team in the league, make a save on the first match day, and start experimenting. Whichever tactic yields good results (consistently) then gets tested with a different team in career mode.

On 19/11/2018 at 20:04, Peppy10 said:

I've tried the domination tactic with man city and can't get any decent results with it. I've tweaked ttaining to suit there roles but just can't figure it out. What am I doing wrong 

Domination tactic should work very well with Man City.

Maybe you got unlucky at the beginning of the season (happens).

I recommend sticking with it over the course of a whole season and see the end result.

On 20/11/2018 at 00:37, BatiGoal said:

I have found that they do well in regards to their fitness in a 3- or 4-man midfield (flat, triangle or diamond) where some of the workload is shared among them, whereas playing 2 mids is a lot more (physically) demanding. Playing the former I rarely sub my CMs but the latter nearly every time. 

I often used them in a 2 men midfield (next to a BWM and supporting inside forwards), it always worked well but the fitness management was a problem. This info will help me out in future tactics for sure.

Thanks for the tip.

3 hours ago, MuRToN said:

Trial and error is the way to go for me. Whenever looking for a new tactic, I start a "Saviour Cometh" challenge with the worst team in the league, make a save on the first match day, and start experimenting. Whichever tactic yields good results (consistently) then gets tested with a different team in career mode.

Great advice! Next time I feel the itch to make a new tactic I'll definitely try this. Thanks!