Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat How Do You React To Your Opponent

BenDTner

You may have noticed that your opponent changes their mentality after nearly ever goal scored so I was wondering what do you guys do when your opponent changes mentality.

I tend to start out attacking and if it doesn't work I change to counter.

When the opponent is behind it tends to change to balanced and then if you stay the same they tend to bring the game back.

I try to stick to attacking but I will drop to counter (disciplined, slow, short) late on now and again or to overload if I'm after a goal. Another option I'm experimenting with when goal searching is playing with the width, I'm naturally narrow but going wider has secured me a few wins from drawing positions. 

Personally I never look at what the AI is doing so I trust my gut and the stats to make my decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I try to stick to attacking but I will drop to counter (disciplined, slow, short) late on now and again or to overload if I'm after a goal. Another option I'm experimenting with when goal searching is playing with the width, I'm naturally narrow but going wider has secured me a few wins from drawing positions. 

Personally I never look at what the AI is doing so I trust my gut and the stats to make my decisions. 

what about when you feel like you are getting dominated thats when I sometimes fall to counter fast narrow

Just now, BenDTner said:

what about when you feel like you are getting dominated thats when I sometimes fall to counter fast narrow

If the AI are all over me I'll for sure drop to counter which is pretty effective. I never go below counter though. 

The key is to always ensure you keep an outlet and a threat. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

If the AI are all over me I'll for sure drop to counter which is pretty effective. I never go below counter though. 

The key is to always ensure you keep an outlet and a threat. 

The AI seem to rarely ever go higher then balance

3 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

The AI seem to rarely ever go higher then balance

Counter will still invite them on to you so with the right outballs, pace and threat I don't think it matters how attacking they get lol

I personally have a system where if it looks like the opponent is getting the upper hand i move from attacking to balanced and turn my CBs to a more defensive role