Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Double Digit CCC Anyone?

BatiGoal

Been messing about with the game and my recent tactic. For no reason I decided to try and get those CCC up. Just thought it'd be fun to see how far I could get it. Always in for the odd challenge and these sort of quests are educational in their own way. Can't quite hit 10 yet but came close on a few occasions. 

Screenshot_20181116-225206.thumb.png.7340e70b5d9f1411399547ec1250fc3d.png

Has anyone been able to hit 10 by any chance? If so it's back to the drawing board 🤔

6 minutes ago, gunnersaur said:

I cant even hit 3 mate 😂

😂 

Just now, Rob2017 said:

Being daft, but what does CCC stand for?

Clear Cut Chances

17 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Ah, I just checked my biggest win (13-0) and we only had 8 CCC. 😭😭😭

4401325B-CCF1-425F-BA75-908E16776BD7.png

Hehe, a one-off? I'm averaging 4-6/game with the occasional 7-8. This 9 is a rarity. 

Just now, Nucleus said:

I’ve had 97 in one match, no screenshot I’m afraid. You’ll just have to believe me 😛

Lemme guess, 1st Gear Fabio. 😂 

9 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Hehe, a one-off? I'm averaging 4-6/game with the occasional 7-8. This 9 is a rarity. 

Lemme guess, 1st Gear Fabio. 😂 

Random system in my opinion 

8E2CDC25-FE6A-4402-813F-A102CCB86F55.thumb.jpeg.5412bd8c0d32b87de5c558521547b1eb.jpeg348AABCE-FF92-439F-91A7-CD6C3134328B.jpeg.3e80e07a9d6c8d2aadb2aa1426c3bc32.jpeg0E34146F-DC04-42FA-B168-AEF982F1BCCD.jpeg.2e97edbb29ca42a766c4beb71dba693c.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Personally the ccc stat is the most pointless in the game, it means absolutely nothing as these results show. 

Hah, yeah. Almost as useful as squad numbers.  

14 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Funnily enough I’ve just got 11 in a 10-0 victory. Not going to post the photo as it’ll ruin a career I’m about to post.

That old chestnut 😛😂

I never really look at the CCC stats as I have always thought it pretty meaningless as it’s the score that matters most to me but...

I’m not sure how unrealistic the numbers are though due to what is defined as a clear cut chance.

Opta define a Clear Cut Chance as.

A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range

https://eplindex.com/23630/creativity-stats-premier-league-top-clear-cut-chance-creators.html

So essentially it is a free header, shot from close range, a shot when unmarked etc . Even in a massively one sided games how many situations where players are completely unmarked or one on one with the keeper would you reasonably expect?

Results is of course what matters ultimately. But I've managed to consistently average 4-6 CCC now over the 1-3 I was averaging earlier. I do get bigger scorelines as a result too, so totally random it is not. 

But there's different tactics which require no CCC to score and still get big results. Since it's influenceable it's not random, but one could still argue it's pointless 😁

Edited by BatiGoal
10 hours ago, Foxy said:

So essentially it is a free header, shot from close range, a shot when unmarked etc . Even in a massively one sided games how many situations where players are completely unmarked or one on one with the keeper would you reasonably expect?

I was going to say the same thing.  CCCs are usually when the ball gets into the box.  Given how many long-range shots the engine generates, CCCs are hard to come by in blowouts since your team is bound to score a goal before getting too close to the 6-yard box.

I imagine your best way to accomplish this is by selecting "work into the box" option but I've found that option to be quite useless, if not downright detrimental, with evenly matched teams.  However, it seems to be quite effective for running up the score against a minnow for a challenge. :) 

10 minutes ago, veerus said:

I imagine your best way to accomplish this is by selecting "work into the box"

Among others, definitely. 

Everyone seems to be sticking to their trusted formations and tactics all the time, so I thought I'd come up with a kind of multi-layered challenge to push people out of the "comfort zone". But first I needed to determine whether or not it was a random stat. 

Anyway, I'll give it some more thought another time. 

You should always try to generate CCCs. That means you get the ball into dangerous areas and is directly proportional to success on the pitch. 

When I was playing with xG (expected goals) a couple years ago, I settled on each CCC being worth about .7 of a goal. In other words, for every 3 CCCs you generate, you should expect to see ~2 goals. It's not an exact science, given the amount of stats shown to us, but it's close enough. 

Bottom line is this - if you want to score goals, you should pay attention to how many CCCs your team generates per match as that is one of the best indicators you can get for how effective your offense is. If you're not generating CCCs, you're probably playing out constant 2-1 nail biters with a mediocre team (or bad tactics).

3 hours ago, veerus said:

If you're not generating CCCs, you're probably playing out constant 2-1 nail biters with a mediocre team (or bad tactics).

Quite the opposite, I’m consistently beating teams 4-0,5-0,6-0, hell even 9-0 sometimes (check screenshots above) and I’m lucky if I hit 4 CCC in a match. Is that bad tactics? Of course not, I’m tearing the league apart by averaging 2 CCC a match.

Bottom line is this - if you want to score goals, you should pay attention to how many CCCs your team generates per match as that is one of the best indicators you can get for how effective your offense is.

There's definitely truth in this for my tactics since more CCCs meant more goals. 

If you're not generating CCCs, you're probably playing out constant 2-1 nail biters with a mediocre team (or bad tactics).

Not entirely true I think. Fact is that set pieces aren't included nor are long shots. And there's lots of long shots, penalties, free kicks and corner goals in the game. So still not too difficult to create very few CCCs and get big results. 

Edited by BatiGoal
10 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Quite the opposite, I’m consistently beating teams 4-0,5-0,6-0, hell even 9-0 sometimes (check screenshots above) and I’m lucky if I hit 4 CCC in a match. Is that bad tactics? Of course not, I’m tearing the league apart by averaging 2 CCC a match.

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Not entirely true I think. Fact is that set pieces aren't included nor are long shots. And there's lots of long shots, penalties, free kicks and corner goals in the game. So still not too difficult to create very few CCCs and get big results. 

I guess I should've clarified that this discussion really applies to when teams are evenly matched which is when your fine-tuning will pay off.  If your team outclasses the other team, stats/tactics are less meaningful since you're going to win big anyway by scoring from long shots and set pieces.

5 hours ago, veerus said:

I guess I should've clarified that this discussion really applies to when teams are evenly matched which is when your fine-tuning will pay off.  If your team outclasses the other team, stats/tactics are less meaningful since you're going to win big anyway by scoring from long shots and set pieces.

I think its still very useful to know tho as it gives me more options when I want to shake things up a bit.