Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Neil Warnock Promotion Challenge

FuddledFox

The Neil Warnock Promotion Challenge

9B162931-B3A8-485E-AE7D-B37A84249F07.thumb.jpeg.8e5881acafa3b52aa190f444c66cf3d4.jpeg 

This is a simple challenge and is in a similar vain to The New Stadium Challenge in that you can play the game in almost anyway you want and with almost any team you want and still get onto the leaderboard.

In case you don’t know who Neil Warnock is he is currently in charge of Cardiff City and is the arguably the most successful lower league manager in the history of English football based on the number of promotions he has won in his 35 year.

He has won 8 promotions with 7 different clubs.

• Scarborough: The Football Conference winner 1986/87 
  • Notts County: Football League Division 3 Playoff winner 1989/90
  • Notts County: Football League Division 2 Playoff winner 1990/91
  • Huddersfield: Football League Division 2 Playoff winner 1994/95
  • Plymouth Argyle: Football League Division 3 Playoff winner 1995/96
  • Sheffield Utd: Championship runner up 2005/06
  • QPR: Championship winners 2010/11
  • Cardiff: Championship runners up 2017/18

He is also an interesting character who has a tendency to fall out with people so his Wiki is well worth a read. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Warnock

The Challenge 

Every time you win promotion with a club in any save you can have it added to the leaderboard. This can be with any club in any lower league in the game and the promotion can be via league position or winning a playoff and the promotions don’t all have to be from the same save.

Simply post the required screenshots in this thread or start a career thread so we can follow your progress.

Proof of promotions are required.

Rules

• No editing of any sort including hex or IGE.
  • No unlockables unless earned in the save.
  • No reloading.
  • Have fun.

Leaderboard

@Foxy: 16 Promotions

@Mr Tree: 15 Promotions
@BigAl: 13 Promotions 

@danovic78: 12 Promotions
@Cockers2505: 11 Promotions
@malekhit: 7 Promotions

@BordeauxAndBrawn: 7 promotions

@Kanegan: 6 Promotions

@geordiekrispy: 6 Promotions 
@Scratch: 3 Promotions
@Yung.Gabe: 1 Promotions

@SophiaFM: 1 promotion
@geordiekrispy

Perhaps you could also say he has a knack for picking the right jobs at the right time, unlike some of us here 😂 

Very nice challenge. 

I've already finished one season with FC United Of Manchester but I don't have screenshots of the transfers from last year nor the league table but I finished in 1st. Can I participate in it or does that prevent me?

6 hours ago, Yung.Gabe said:

I've already finished one season with FC United Of Manchester but I don't have screenshots of the transfers from last year nor the league table but I finished in 1st. Can I participate in it or does that prevent me?

If you post a screenshot of your manager history from that season and then your manager profile and the attributes of your current top scorer then you can get it on the leaderboard.

Aha! I've been too lazy to find this but now that danovic has linked it, I would like to crash into second place with four promotions, one on my Dynamo Dresden career and three with Albion Rovers, thank you please

On 18/02/2019 at 13:00, Mr Tree said:

Aha! I've been too lazy to find this but now that danovic has linked it, I would like to crash into second place with four promotions, one on my Dynamo Dresden career and three with Albion Rovers, thank you please

You got a link for the Dresden career or a screenshot?

I've got two I'd like to add in here from my Sunderland game. @Foxy sorry to ask, but which screenshots do you need to confirm? Want to make sure you get the right stuff. Will start a career thread for my next one!

Edited by mikeedwilson
39 minutes ago, mikeedwilson said:

I've got two I'd like to add in here from my Sunderland game. @Foxy sorry to ask, but which screenshots do you need to confirm? Want to make sure you get the right stuff. Will start a career thread for my next one!

Anything that shows the promotions like league tables or manager history.

Hey @Foxy, please can you add 7 promotions from my "Goal a Mile" career now that I've reached the halfway stage in it? You can see in the summary table, i actually have 8 in my 15 seasons so far, but i won't count one of them (the first with Torquay) as I only took over late in the season there.

That should put me on 11 overall - 7 here, plus 3 with Albion Rovers and 1 with Dynamo Dresden :)

Thanks!

me again Mr @Foxy- and now I wish to take my spot at the top of the leaderboard!

now that i've finished my Goal-a-Mile challenge, I have just another 4 promotions to add to the tally, taking me to 15 overall. all should be verifiable there if needed :)

35 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

me again Mr @Foxy- and now I wish to take my spot at the top of the leaderboard!

now that i've finished my Goal-a-Mile challenge, I have just another 4 promotions to add to the tally, taking me to 15 overall. all should be verifiable there if needed :)

Done but @BigAl, @danovic78 and @Cockers2505 aren’t far behind so you might need a few more to secure top spot by the end of the year.

7 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Challenge accepted 😎

nah leave it be pal, it's summer, go outside, smell the flowers, leave the phone at home :D

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

nah leave it be pal, it's summer, go outside, smell the flowers, leave the phone at home :D

I live in Scotland mate 😂

No sun here 👀☀️