Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Ashez

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

This looks really good @Ashez but as Bati I am shite at guessing these players, I know who they are and most history of them, but not the personal crap like where they moved to when they was 3 or whatever, but I like the idea, now I know how you do 22 Careers at the same time with updates like this, but at the same time I bet you confuse yourself which one needs the next update 🤣

Looking good though mate, I'll see if I can get your next man!!!

The Crouch one was deliberately misleading tbf since I knew people would expect him to show up. 

I likely haven't played 22 saves in total since 2015 or 16 haha. My only saves for 19 are this and Emenike currently and for the foreseeable future lol.

I'm very organised though as I just sort all my images out in folders, save by save, season to season so everything is easy to find, this save is organised in folders like 1-10 and 11-20, then in that is individual folders per squad number/update . So when it comes to updating I just need find the folder, upload the images and waffle lol. 

My only annoyance with my system is these darker 2019 skins are a lot harder to identify in the small upload preview as they're all so dark. 

The next update will be up this evening, I'll give Emenike some time to breath. 

Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Season One
Update Four

What comes after update three, update four of course as today we'll be witnessing Peter Crouch leading the line once again at Anfield.

Squad Number 6
Peter Crouch

ZJ7RYoD.jpg

I'm not sure it's possible to not love Crouchie as everything about him is genuine and charming, he just comes across as a great bloke while being able to hold his own on the pitch. When he moved to Liverpool I was unsure what to think and his long debut goal drought didn't help things but once the goals started flowing he was easy to love, I'll admit he has his limitations and I do remember getting frustrated at times when he was picked yet he's still always been a player I enjoy watching. In the right step up he's a beast who'll always be a threat but he's a much better footballer than people often give him credit for imo.

Match Five
Attempt One

eQMqTiK.jpg

Another debut goal to add to the collection as Crouch towers highest to score inbetween Salah's first brace of the season. Crouch scored early but unfortunately our mystery seventh striker failed to have the same impact but who could he be? For now though I'll settle for having the current oldest scorer @Woody please. 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Dominic Solanke
4. Djibril Cisse
5. Milan Baros
6. Peter Crouch

I wonder if that's the last time I get to use Crouchie! 

Who Am I?

During one loan spell I was a cup winner scoring in the final, in the next I was relegated while being the club's top scorer, who am i?

As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated! 

Edited by Ashez
1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Romelu Lukaku

Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli ??

Nah to young for this I guess?

35 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Tevez?

Both incorrect unfortunately. 

New Clue

The club in which I won the cup with isn't based in England, yet the side I was relegated with was. 

20 hours ago, Ashez said:

They just randomly come to mind haha

That's where I was clever and every striker has a £500 release clause, how many clubs can turn down a LFC striker for £500 lol. 

£500 release clause thats genius! Haha

9 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

£500 release clause thats genius! Haha

I was pretty happy with the idea in truth 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Ok I think I’ve got it. Loic Remy?

Won the Cup with Marseille and got relegated with Newcastle? I think 😂

Nope :D

Really sorry guys I've just realised I've messed the first clue up slightly :(. 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

During one loan spell I was a cup winner scoring in the final, in the next I was relegated while being the club's top scorer, who am i?

This is back to front, he got relegated on one loan, then the next he won a cup scoring in the final. 

Really pissed off with myself now as I know that's messed with you :(. I know why I made the mistake but I'll be sure to check them closer next time! 

Really sorry :(

Last guess. Fabio borini 

relegated with Sunderland 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Then won a cup at a proper club called AC Milan

35 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Easy!

Anthony Le Tallac.

Hell of a shout the mate, well done! I really thought no-one would get this one as he's not that well known and been out the spot light for years :(. I tend to get him muddled up with Jeremie Aliadiere when I think of him, I always remember one was ours and one was Arsenals but I can get them confused lol. 

I don't even remember him at Sunderland, do you @samhardy? I may as well give him one tag to return to once he's back from that incident that shall not be named. Such a badass that lad. 

35 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Balls!! I think you might be right

You forgot the unwritten clue of everyone is LFC related atm ;), when you were sniffing around Newcastle and getting into Sunderland I did start to squirm lol. 

However not all players relate to LFC as future updates will show. 

@Everyone I just want to say thanks for the support as this is going a lot better than I anticipated :D. 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You forgot the unwritten clue of everyone is LFC related atm ;)

I thought Borini was a good shout actually 😛 relegated with Sunderland, played for you lot and went to Milan on loan and won a cup, but he hadn’t scored in the final 🙁

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

I thought Borini was a good shout actually 😛 relegated with Sunderland, played for you lot and went to Milan on loan and won a cup, but he hadn’t scored in the final 🙁

Borini was pretty clever tbf, I think he's on my list to add to my shortlist the next time I play so keep him in mind ;)

Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Season One
Update Five

This career is five days old already, oh how time flies when you're having fun and doing football trivia. After an embarrassing mistake @Foxy jumped in with the correct guess to secure the point as update five will feature Anthony Le Tallec. 

Squad Number 7
Anthony Le Tallec

9Q36cVe.jpg

He doesn't look bad at all considering as his attacking stats and physicals are pretty decent! As for my real life views on the player I don't really remember much about him so let's not waste time and just crack on. 

Match Six
Attempt One

ZspKuod.jpg

This result seriously stung! We dominated without scoring while being done by a corner in the dying minutes, just massively disappointing. 

Match Seven
Attempt Two

FbSjqPd.jpg

Two defeats on the bounce for the mighty Reds and two results I think we can feel we deserved something from! 

Match Eight
Attempt Three

gbDTvst.jpg

Finally the goals return as Liverpool blow Fulham away at Anfield with Anthony Le Tallec scoring a late penalty! 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Dominic Solanke
4. Djibril Cisse
5. Milan Baros
6. Peter Crouch
7. Anthony Le Tallec

Eight matches played and 7 shirts crossed off isn't a bad ratio imo. 

Who Am I?

I've played for 13 clubs including teams from the capital of Spain and Portugal, who am i?

As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated! 

My first guess was Christian Vieri, he played for 13 clubs exactly, figured in Atletico Madrid and played in Portugal during the Euro2004. Then I found out he had retired 7 years ago... oops

Second guess was Hélder Postiga who I recall played for Sporting Lisboa, and was a journeyman, with some stints in Spain. Turns out none of the teams he played for in Spain are in Madrid. 

Other journeymen like Samuel Eto'o, Luis Garcia (who did play for Liverpool) and Diego Forlán, went through my mind. Robinho and Diego were other among the list of players. None fulfilled the requirements. 

So here is my final guess: Jorge Antonio Reyes, a globetrotter who casually played for Benfica and both big teams in Madrid.

22 minutes ago, S4NCH0 said:

My first guess was Christian Vieri, he played for 13 clubs exactly, figured in Atletico Madrid and played in Portugal during the Euro2004. Then I found out he had retired 7 years ago... oops

Second guess was Hélder Postiga who I recall played for Sporting Lisboa, and was a journeyman, with some stints in Spain. Turns out none of the teams he played for in Spain are in Madrid. 

Other journeymen like Samuel Eto'o, Luis Garcia (who did play for Liverpool) and Diego Forlán, went through my mind. Robinho and Diego were other among the list of players. None fulfilled the requirements. 

So here is my final guess: Jorge Antonio Reyes, a globetrotter who casually played for Benfica and both big teams in Madrid.

He has got to have played for Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

If that is the case, then the best guess I can make is Nicolas Anelka. 13 teams, played for Liverpool and Real Madrid.

1 minute ago, S4NCH0 said:

If that is the case, then the best guess I can make is Nicolas Anelka. 13 teams, played for Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Retired 

The right gues..

Spoiler

Florent Sinama-Pongolle is my guess. He is still playing, he is old, he played for Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Sporting Lisbon, and if I am right he also played for ton load of other teams.

Edited by S4NCH0
1 minute ago, S4NCH0 said:

The right gues..

Hide contents

Florent Sinama-Pongolle is my guess. He is still playing, he is old, he played for Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Sporting Lisbon, and if I am right he also played for ton load of other teams.

I was just about to post this!! 😩

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Let's call it a tie. If you went through the same amount of research as I did then you surely deserve some credit. :P 

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Old Tony Tallac made hard work of that 😮

No idea who the player is tbh.

Indeed he did!

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Stab in the dark here, Luis Garcia?

Nope, I wish though as I'd have used Garcia for sure. 

1 hour ago, S4NCH0 said:

I like the thought process! Welcome to the save mate!

54 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Hasn't got to have, that's just an early theme which will start to come and go. I just wanted to use players I actually wanted to use so former Liverpool players seemed a decent start lol. 

47 minutes ago, S4NCH0 said:

The right gues..

Hide contents

We have a winner :D. I went for a vague clue as Pongolle and Le Tallec kinda go hand in hand and they're family after all, plus I think someone guessed him earlier in another round. Making his clue was kinda tricky with all that in mind so well done :)

49 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

That's what they all say 😂