Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Ashez

Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to my second career of the year and one that is based around a new feature of 2019. Squad numbers were introduced and while it's not a feature I cared about I'll admit this idea has me super excited as it's the type of save I love! Seeing the rebirth of my Rogue concept had me craving a career with bite sized updates that I can play and post regularly which is when the idea of scoring a goal with a striker of every shirt number (1-99) hit me! The extra beauty of this save is it also reminds me of another challenge I adore being the goal a minute challenge. 

I ran a few test saves which ran into plenty of issues but after chatting to @Foxy I ironed out the issues and came up with an approach that does work thankfully. You see I attempted to stockpile players for use with this but the moral issues that approach caused were unbearable so instead I've decided to bend the rules slightly. My tests proved to me I needed the ability to buy on the go which is when I decided to use an unlockable, dirty I know but it's the only way so I'll be attempting this save with the no transfer window unlockable active, this means I can buy and sell as the save progresses at any point. I've typically got in the habit of only having three active players in my squad and I replace them once they're crossed off. I had hoped the lack of windows would mean squad numbers wouldn't lock but unfortunately it doesn't so I need to make sure I'm selecting numbers correctly as any mistakes will be very costly! 

yXaxlmL.jpg

The set up of this save involved clearing the squad numbers and selecting my squad as numbers 60-100 which left 1-20 free for me to use for my strikers. When the time comes and during a time changes are possible I'll have to rotate the squad back to the earlier numbers to free up the space I need. 

The main rule I've set myself is I can not skip numbers and I have to go in order, so if a player is unavailable due to injury I'll have to wait it out or find a way to free up said shirt. Skipping numbers kind of beats the point in my opinion and if I could skip numbers it would make sense to use the entire squad and not just a single striker. Obviously needing to sign roughly 99 strikers is some challenge in itself but I also wanted to use different and unique players or ones that mean something to me when possible so this save will see a wide range of strikers on show which should add to the interest. 

The plan is to post each squad number as it's own mini update which will highlight the player and showcase the matches he played in, so in theory this could lead to 99 updates but I can ensure you that won't happen as I've had some early luck with double goal matches (sub needed number scoring). So while I can say we won't see 99 updates we'll still have a massive amount of content to get through! Obviously with this type of save it all depends on the response from you guys as if you keep motivating me to update I will but my starting out plan is one update a day when possible, but like I said that will change depending on interest. I'm nowhere near finished but I've got a reasonable chunk played so I'm not concerned of running out of updates tbh and even if I do updates shouldn't take long to whip up considering how I'm handling this. 

The starting club will be Liverpool as I knew I needed a ready made squad as money will be tight while I also needed a team with a reasonably free reverse team in case I get stuck with any completed strikers. It's also nice to be using Liverpool for once and even playing in England as it's not something I do that often on Vibe. So let's take a look at the starting point shall we. 

The Fixtures

Ic2uXyD.jpg

The First Three

hkcGkOH.jpg

I decided to start using three strikers already at the club so I can flog them early (hopefully) for more spending power. 

That brings my opening post to an end and I can't put into words how excited this save has me so hopefully it's something everyone can get behind. Keep your eyes open for fast paced updates for the foreseeable future! 

As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated! 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

lead to 99 updates

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

see 99 updates

Cool. Lots of skimmers around, mate, so I made sure I highlighted the best parts and nobody misses a thing. 

Crazy idea, love it, can't wait for update 1/99.

16 hours ago, Foxy said:

Really fun concept this and it’s cool I had a small hand in making it a reality 😁

It's no secret our discussions have really brought my creativity and interest back, just having someone to knock ideas between is a game changer lol. 

15 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Two careers! 😱 

Fun concept mate, looking forward to see how you get on

15 hours ago, Aaron55 said:

Sounds fun! Will be interesting to follow 😀

Hopefully you enjoy it :)

13 hours ago, Paul186 said:

This looks very challenge but should be another great read

Hopefully!

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Cool. Lots of skimmers around, mate, so I made sure I highlighted the best parts and nobody misses a thing. 

Crazy idea, love it, can't wait for update 1/99.

😂😂😂

It won't be 99 updates but it won't be far off I don't think, I'll be sure to number them so we can keep track lol. 

Season One
Update One

The opening post is out the way so let's get this mammoth challenge started with the first update! As I revealed in the previous update Daniel Sturridge will be first up in a fixture against newly promoted Wolves.

Squad Number 1
Daniel Sturridge

QYLFLqm.jpg

Sturridge is easily one of my favourite players in real life as his talent and ability is unquestionable, however his injury issues have held him back which is such a shame. That's why he was picked first though as I was concerned he'd get a knock and delay progress as that did happen in a previous test save where he was number 3. Anyway let's just see how he got on shall we! 

Match One

xDb6b85.jpg

Sturridge doesn't disappoint as he finds the net in the first half, I was gutted when he missed the penalty but he thundered in the rebound to secure the first goal of the save. 

Wait? Is that Origi listed as a scorer as well?

Squad Number 2
Divock Origi

SKIevgT.jpg

Big Div replaced Sturridge the second he finished celebrating and the Belgium found the corner of the net from a second penalty to gift us the perfect start! Simply wonderful stuff! Personally I'm really odd with Origi as I really like him and he has bags of ability but he's not really lived up to the promise, like in our Europa League Cup Final run he was an absolute monster but then nothing. In game however he's a superb talent as @Foxy keeps telling me. 

That's 1 and 2 crossed off at super speed but how will number 3 get on? Find out in the next update! 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi

4 hours ago, Aaron55 said:

This will be fun to follow 😁 3 scorers in the next game hopefully 😛

A triple is the dream but a nightmare as I only keep 3 active lol. Typically I have the one I need playing and only the next on the bench but if an easy fixture I'll bring the two back up. 

4 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Pretty fun challenge. Will follow.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, Woody said:

Super quick start mate....

Like this challenge alot.

Thanks Woody! It's been so much fun so far!

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

Oh so you were listening then 😉

To you my friend I'll always be listening 😛

10 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Great start, and wasn't Origi the star of a Peely's 1K before he in the season before he joined Liverpool.

Well remembered and what a blast from the past! I don't recall what year it was done but I have fond memories of that save....And Peely, Peely is ace. 

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great GaM style of challenge. Looking great so far. 

The simple ideas are the best!

Season One
Update Two

The first update was a frantic start to this adventure as Sturridge and Origi delivered the goods, next up however is a less experienced Liverpool striker as Big Dom laces up his boots!

Squad Number 3
Dominic Solanke

HtdSfed.jpg

Admittedly I like the little I've seen of Solanke but in truth he's wasting his career with us currently, I'm amazed we didn't get him a Premier League loan this season or even send him to Gerrard at Rangers as the lad needs minutes. I expected to see more of the Englishman since he stayed but iirc he's yet to play for us this season which is somewhat disappointing, it does make me question if he has a future with us in truth. 

Match Two
Attempt One

mpSv3WE.jpg

Big Dom only needs a quarter of a hour to lash home his first strike of the season in a rather comfortable afternoon at a typically tough venue. 

Wait?! That isn't another double is it?! Oh yes it is!

Squad Number 4
Djibril Cisse

vIcsQp5.jpg

Cisse scores on this second Liverpool debut in next to no time as he's the first of many strikers from Liverpool's history to feature in this 99 striker challenge. I've always been a fan of Cisse even when he was forced to operate more as a winger under Rafa, he might not have been an elite striker but I did always like him. Isn't he a DJ now or something? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but it's mad to think he broke both legs while being an active player, you have to respect his desire to return from that. 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Dominic Solanke
4. Djibril Cisse

That's 1-4 crossed off in blistering fashion but we're now entering the unknown as I have no eligible strikers left in the squad so it's shopping time! 

Guess Who

Striker 5 had a 3 year spell at Anfield making his debut against Barcelona. Who could he be I wonder........

Cisse? Man, you go deep, don't you? 😄 Crazy high turnover rate so it was to be expected.

No idea who's next. Don't pay attention to anything Liverpool related lol

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Cisse? Man, you go deep, don't you? 😄 Crazy high turnover rate so it was to be expected.

No idea who's next. Don't pay attention to anything Liverpool related lol

I did say I'd be deep diving and being creative with who I use 😛

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Cisse 😂😂

Great going so far, as for the next player I’m not too sure, so I’m going to guess....Sinama Pongolle 😛

What's wrong with Cisse! 

Not a bad guess at all but not correct unfortunately! 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

What's wrong with Cisse

Nothing, he’s one of the few Liverpool players I liked tbh. Mainly due to his willingness to keep playing after breaking his legs! Got to be one of the worst leg breaks I’ve seen to be honest 😥

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nothing, he’s one of the few Liverpool players I liked tbh. Mainly due to his willingness to keep playing after breaking his legs! Got to be one of the worst leg breaks I’ve seen to be honest 😥

Agreed. 

I was surprised to see him on the game as I thought he retired, which he did in 2015 but he came out of retirement in 2018 which is pretty interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Agreed. 

I was surprised to see him on the game as I thought he retired, which he did in 2015 but he came out of retirement in 2018 which is pretty interesting. 

Which team was he in? Or was he a free agent?

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

No idea who you have coming up but I’m looking forward to finding out but I am hoping Torres makes an appearance at some point.

So did I but he doesn't appear to be on the game, or he's not came up in my searches :(. 

Time for a new hint as you guys suck 😛

The striker in question won the league cup with Liverpool but the FA Cup with another team.