Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Ashez

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

So did I but he doesn't appear to be on the game, or he's not came up in my searches :(. 

Time for a new hint as you guys suck 😛

The striker in question won the league cup with Liverpool but the FA Cup with another team. 

Milan Barro’s?

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

76BDDBAE-3CF6-41E1-9CC1-F98DF6E33A14.thumb.jpeg.7b44a04b62c8d7fa67a5591b53892c0f.jpeg

FA cup with Portsmouth in 08 iirc?

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Milan Barro’s?

giphy.gif

Well done lads, it is indeed Baros who is number 5. Cracking little player Baros. 

I'm rather liking the hints route so I'll keep at it if you guys continue to get involved :D. I'll have to find tougher hints though as I didn't expect that answer so quick haha. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

giphy.gif

Well done lads, it is indeed Baros who is number 5. Cracking little player Baros. 

I'm rather liking the hints route so I'll keep at it if you guys continue to get involved :D. I'll have to find tougher hints though as I didn't expect that answer so quick haha. 

It was either someone from your 2012 squad or your 2003 squad. Won’t lie I googled the squads 😛 keep the hints coming, I love a bit of football trivia

Want Baros Top Scorer at the 2004 European Championships? I might be wrong though

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

It was either someone from your 2012 squad or your 2003 squad. Won’t lie I googled the squads 😛 keep the hints coming, I love a bit of football trivia

Want Baros Top Scorer at the 2004 European Championships? I might be wrong though

No googling 😂, that is why I didn't mention his CL medal though as that's an easy search haha 😛

Na it's all fun and games so I'm happy to do it and making things more interactive is always fun. I should have a few tricky ones in the future though as I do have a few odd ball plans 😛

If not that event he did top score one of them but i don't recall which. 

f not that event he did top score one of them but i don't recall which. 

It was 2004. With 5 goals 😛 Googled that too 😂

Coming in late, but this looks great! I definitely vote for the trivia aspect - really adds another dimension to it. Also: can't wait until you get to Andy Carroll.. 🙂

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Coming in late, but this looks great! I definitely vote for the trivia aspect - really adds another dimension to it. Also: can't wait until you get to Andy Carroll.. 🙂

Well you now know to check in every day so no excuses lmao 😛

Iirc @BatiGoal once said he got in the habit reading my Rogue save with his morning beverage so I hope this has a similar impact.....But on you all 😛

Carroll is in my thoughts but his injury issues have me concerned so we'll see lol. 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Well you now know to check in every day so no excuses lmao 😛

Iirc @BatiGoal once said he got in the habit reading my Rogue save with his morning beverage so I hope this has a similar impact.....But on you all 😛

Carroll is in my thoughts but his injury issues have me concerned so we'll see lol. 

LOL, I'll try. The problem is every spare second I have, I'm playing. I'm really addicted to this version for some reason.. But I'll be following..

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

LOL, I'll try. The problem is every spare second I have, I'm playing. I'm really addicted to this version for some reason.. But I'll be following..

2019 has got under my skin the most any FMM has for a long time so I hear you mate! 

Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Season One
Update Three

We're already on to day three of this daily event and thanks to a lucky start we're already ahead as today's post will feature Squad number 5. As Nuc and Foxy worked out the player who'll be attempting to score today is the one and only Milan Baros. 

Squad Number 5
Milan Baros

9OCKozR.jpg

I'll be honest I don't remember that much of Baros at Liverpool as it was around 2003/4 I started to take football seriously, I'd always supported Liverpool but as a kid watching football wasn't really my thing. I'm not sure when I became obsessed but I remember watching all of the Champions League winning season/run so it must have been just before that. I do think my interest began around then and then Istanbul cemented football as a passion for life. So while I remember little of the player and i remember him at Villa a little more he is a player I've always been fond of. 

Match Three
Attempt One

qQXUp1I.jpg

Liverpool dominated Huddersfield even though they played most of the second half with ten men as Nabby Keita was sent for an early shower, but goals from Firmino and Henderson secured the three points. Baros did have the ball in the net only for his celebrations to be cut short due to the striker finishing from an offside position. 

Match Four
Attempt Two

j1xyhEv.jpg

Liverpool found themselves 1-0 down away to Southampton as Charlie Austin ran the show with two fine finishes making it 2-1, Liverpool showed plenty of character however to fight back to earn a draw with goals from Firmino and Milan Baros. All in all a disappointing afternoon for the reds. 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Dominic Solanke
4. Djibril Cisse
5. Milan Baros

The first 5 numbers are done! Progress is going swimmingly at this point!

Who Am I?

I have ties to Asia and Scandinavia.

As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated! 

Shite players so far to be fair 😛

As for the next one, I’m stumped! Google’s throwing up no results either! Are we still on the Liverpool players or are you diving out of your comfort zone? 😉

Unlucky with the off side goal, but least you got there in the next game, my guess the only current Scandinavian player in the Chinesse Super League Lasse Vibe.

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Shite players so far to be fair 😛

As for the next one, I’m stumped! Google’s throwing up no results either! Are we still on the Liverpool players or are you diving out of your comfort zone? 😉

Rude! But I'm enjoying exploring the database :)

I checked to see if google would help so I knew it wouldn't 😛

1 hour ago, Paul186 said:

Unlucky with the off side goal, but least you got there in the next game, my guess the only current Scandinavian player in the Chinesse Super League Lasse Vibe.

Hell of a shout but unfortunately incorrect, I'll have to add him to my list though!

So no correct guesses yet at my deliberately tricky hint :D. A few more guesses and I'll add a clue like before :). 

Edited by Ashez
24 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Spending my Friday night trying to think of who it could be.... 😂

Nothing wrong with that! 

6 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Ties to Asia and Scandinavia?Does he play in Russia maybe? world-map.thumb.jpg.a969e46ae34d2b798c8ee87f726c86cb.jpg

Outside the box thinking, I like it but nope! 

It appears this clue has you all scratching your heads so here's clue two

New Clue

One of his many nicknames is "Pantera Rosa" 

Will you guys need a third clue later tonight?

Crouch? 🙃

added 0 minutes later

I’ve got the Asian tie in that he moved there when he was little because of his dad. No idea about the Scandinavian tie though

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Crouch? 🙃

added 0 minutes later

I’ve got the Asian tie in that he moved there when he was little because of his dad. No idea about the Scandinavian tie though

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Actually! He had a loan spell at a Swedish club. Definitely Crouch 😛

Detective @Nucleus strikes again! If you kept reading his wiki you'd have seen the nickname section as well :)

47 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Didn't really even need any of your clues @Ashez, I knew it was Crouch yesterday 😜😂1911848294_Screenshot_2018-11-23-20-07-582.thumb.png.b50b81677bc6f3f1284b20647066ae2d.png

That made me laugh more than it should have lol. I expected @Rob2017 might have solved it since he requested Crouch yesterday which was some coincidence. 

This style of hints good enough or too vague? I enjoyed these ones haha

This style of hints good enough or too vague? I enjoyed these ones haha

Seem about the right level. If I don’t know the answer then a quick five minute scan of the internet will provide the answer 😛

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Seem about the right level. If I don’t know the answer then a quick five minute scan of the internet will provide the answer 😛

Just don't resort to that too quickly hey ;)

2 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

I am just delighted you decided to use Crouch. I’ve just read his book and I just think the guy is brilliant. 

Crouch was always going to feature as I'm also a big fan of him, he's one those strikers I use most years at least once lol. When you asked I knew I used him but I wasn't sure in what position so it was nice to see he was next lol

How do you come up with these ideas? Lol must be an exciting save to play with the constant transfers lol! 

To clarify have you got a squad full of unwanted strikers now? Can imagine baros etc are hard to offload??

11 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

How do you come up with these ideas? Lol must be an exciting save to play with the constant transfers lol! 

To clarify have you got a squad full of unwanted strikers now? Can imagine baros etc are hard to offload??

They just randomly come to mind haha

That's where I was clever and every striker has a £500 release clause, how many clubs can turn down a LFC striker for £500 lol. 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Lovely read this, so different from what's out there. Nice progress. Too bad I'm shit at Trivia 😂 

Thanks Bati mate, I do attempt to bring new things to the table when possible. 

Come on then who's going to bump us the two comments to page three so the next update can have it's own page? 😛 😂

This looks really good @Ashez but as Bati I am shite at guessing these players, I know who they are and most history of them, but not the personal crap like where they moved to when they was 3 or whatever, but I like the idea, now I know how you do 22 Careers at the same time with updates like this, but at the same time I bet you confuse yourself which one needs the next update 🤣

Looking good though mate, I'll see if I can get your next man!!!

Edited by Cockers2505