Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Missing Chances

danovic78

I thought I saw someone else mention this but is anyone else struggling with their strikers taking chances?

I know most of you play on the EME, the old dinosaur I am still loves the OME but this year I am missing so many chances with my Poacher(s), I didn't know if there was a change to a different striker role to find a consistent scorer?

Regularly having double figures chances with no goals per game?

I played Lukaku as a poacher for 2 seasons and he’s got around 120 goals in 100 games for Man Utd. Will upload screenshot proof when I get a chance and yes it’s on OME.

This season I’ve been playing him as a CF and the goals have dried up... not entirely but I’m definitely scoring less. I feel like the type of striker the players are played at definitely makes a big difference to how many chances they take (all depending on not just the player but how you’re tactically set up).

I feel like the biggest change this year on OME is that LW/RW’s & FL/FR’s have been  nerfed. Last year with prime players in those positions they’d make a huge contribution to goals and assists. This year they don’t and their ratings are generally lower. Anthony Martial for example averaged around 6.8 and scored 1 goal in the same season I won the BPL & CL. Annoying because I generally build teams around top wingers.

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

I played Lukaku as a poacher for 2 seasons and he’s got around 120 goals in 100 games for Man Utd. Will upload screenshot proof when I get a chance and yes it’s on OME.

This season I’ve been playing him as a CF and the goals have dried up... not entirely but I’m definitely scoring less. I feel like the type of striker the players are played at definitely makes a big difference to how many chances they take (all depending on not just the player but how you’re tactically set up).

I feel like the biggest change this year on OME is that LW/RW’s & FL/FR’s have been  nerfed. Last year with prime players in those positions they’d make a huge contribution to goals and assists. This year they don’t and their ratings are generally lower. Anthony Martial for example averaged around 6.8 and scored 1 goal in the same season I won the BPL & CL. Annoying because I generally build teams around top wingers.

Yeah, its strange. My four strikers at Juve are Icardi/Belotti/Kean/Dybala who are used in a two at the moment. I am regularly struggling to score more than one, I know Italy is harder but the chances are being created but not taken?

I have been using OME & have not noticed any similar problem. Though to be fair, I have 3 poachers for my tactic, so I guess the chance of them getting goals are higher.

42 minutes ago, Woody said:

I never use wingers or inside forwards on the OME, all my assists come from my wingbacks and APM.

Me either, most of my tactics have always been narrow ones.

25 minutes ago, TheServant said:

I have been using OME & have not noticed any similar problem. Though to be fair, I have 3 poachers for my tactic, so I guess the chance of them getting goals are higher.

I have two poachers currently, might stick another one up there and hope for goals too!

38 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I have two poachers currently, might stick another one up there and hope for goals too!

Now that's more like it. More strikers, more excitement. & maybe more goals for you.

8 minutes ago, TheServant said:

Now that's more like it. More strikers, more excitement. & maybe more goals for you.

I'm not sure my back 4 will enjoy that!