Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Formation for Real Madrid

Ariff10

Hi,

I am new to FM and currently trying to play with Real Madrid.

I have encounter several challenges that need some help from the community

1. What is the best formation so far that works? i have try 4222, 41221, 4321, 433, 442, 442 diamonds. I used so many formations (from counter till overload) vs Barcelona, i still lost. Best run is i lost 3-1.

2. Too many Attack Minded Midfield (Modric, Kroos, Isco, Asensio, Cebalos, Bale, Vinicious Jr, Vasquez). How you fit it into given that by default, Modric, Isco, Asensio, Bale are Key Player status while Kroos, Casemiro are First Team status

3. Casemiro or Valverde or Llorente not perform properly. Rating around 5,6,7 and yellow cards are their bestfriends.

Any tips or player you buy to help improve the team?

Thanks!

Edited by Ariff10

Okay to answer each of your points:

1. I personally prefer the 4-2-3-1 as I feel it's a very solid attacking formation that gets me goals. The player roles I prefer are: A solid back four consisting of FBs and CDs. I try to keep my midfield simple and just use two versatile CMs who can help out in both attack and defense. Traditional wingers on the outside, a AM on the centre(because I feel the AP roams too much and breaks up the midfield triangle) and a powerful TM/CF in the striker position. Feel free to change up the midfield duo/trio. And all the other instructions you'll have to experiment on your own to find what suits you best, remember to slowly go through the instructions one by one and not just switch them all together. 
  2. If you feel there are too many players you don't make any use of in your team, then the solution is simple. Sell them. And buy players you will use. 
  3. I'm assuming that you use them as a BWM in the DM position right? Naturally a BWM will accumulate a lot of yellow cards and the DM position has been having an issue with the players having low ratings for many years now, so a 6 rating is actually good and it means they are doing their job well and a 7 means they have done their job perfectly(assuming they didn't score any goals). What I'm trying to say is that it is normal for a BWM to get a lot of yellow cards and to have a low rating. 
Edited by RPA123456
26 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Okay to answer each of your points:

1. I personally prefer the 4-2-3-1 as I feel it's a very solid attacking formation that gets me goals. The player roles I prefer are: A solid back four consisting of FBs and CDs. I try to keep my midfield simple and just use two versatile CMs who can help out in both attack and defense. Traditional wingers on the outside, a AM on the centre(because I feel the AP roams too much and breaks up the midfield triangle) and a powerful TM/CF in the striker position. Feel free to change up the midfield duo/trio. And all the other instructions you'll have to experiment on your own to find what suits you best, remember to slowly go through the instructions one by one and not just switch them all together. 
  2. If you feel there are too many players you don't make any use of in your team, then the solution is simple. Sell them. And buy players you will use. 
  3. I'm assuming that you use them as a BWM in the DM position right? Naturally a BWM will accumulate a lot of yellow cards and the DM position has been having an issue with the players having low ratings for many years now, so a 6 rating is actually good and it means they are doing their job well and a 7 means they have done their job perfectly(assuming they didn't score any goals). What I'm trying to say is that it is normal for a BWM to get a lot of yellow cards and to have a low rating. 

1. I used 4321, marcelo(fb) varane(bpd) ramos (bpd) carvajal(fb) , casemiro (bwm) kroos (dlp) , bale(if) asensio (am) isco(if).. Then i bought Kane for goals. Problem is, i conceded a lot. Like a lot. 

2. Will selling lots of player disturb team morale? 

3. Yes i use them as bwm. Is there any better option in bwm position? 

Thanks much! 

Ah I see a few things that you can change there. For one you might want to switch Varane and Ramos to CDs as BPDs are a somewhat risky role that will directly lead to you conceding more goals so i would advise you to change that first. And your midfield duo slightly too focused on defense... maybe change Kroos to AP or change Casemiro to CM or B2B. Try to experiment with those two to see what works best but don't use DLP and BWM as I personally feel it isn't the best combo. 

Other than that i don't see any thing else wrong with your tactics. Also BTW make sure your IFs are the correct foot, so your AML should be right footed and your AMR should be left footed.

And selling you best players might make your team upset for awhile but they normally get back to being normal after a few months. Just incase check their standing in the team by going to squad selection and changing the view,

Like this:

Screenshot_2018-11-22-23-49-41-540_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.b9492bd7651f90fd07436a94bbe9a4b9.png

Screenshot_2018-11-22-23-49-51-099_football.manager.games_fm19.mobile.thumb.png.85ba2e59d9b1e466941ef8dd78b03f1b.png

So In my example if I were to sell Sobol and Scarpa nearly my entire team would get upset. But honestly if you feel that you really have no use for a player then just sell them and endure the potential complains from your team for a few months. 

Edited by RPA123456