Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Captain America: The Sucesor

S4NCH0

Hi all, welcome to the first post of what will be my first career in FMM19. I will be attempting Kanegan's The Landon Donovan Challenge this time. I was inspired by @RPA123456's thread, i highly recommend you take a look at his attempt at this challenge. Now on to the challenge.

Landon Donovan

Born in Ontario, US in 1982, Landon started playing football early on in his life and was quickly scouted by Bayer Leverkusen. There, in Bayer Leverkusen II (the reserve team) he had some game time, but it was until his move to San Jose Earthquakes in 2001 when his career sky-rocketed, with 42 goals in little over 100 games Donovan showed what he was all about. The rest is history...

I will be going more into depth into Landon's life as I advance in this career, so stay tuned. Let's take a look at the candidate to break his records.

The Candidate

To keep it realistic, I searched for a player who fulfilled the next aspects of Donovan's life:

- American

- 19 years-old (age when he arrived in the MLS)

- Playing in Germany (Donovan, as mentioned above, played in Bayer)

And I found the right guy laying around in Schalke 04's reserves team...

1042169030_HajiWright.thumb.jpg.22f42ac3331f8c0d3febbd1cff5f58c8.jpg

Say hello to Haji Wright!

That's it for today, stay tuned for the first season which will be posted tomorrow. 

Thanks for reading

Good luck mate and I hope you have a better go at it then me. Looks like your career will be more interesting too, BTW are you going to train him to be as all-rounded as possible so you can move him around to get both goals and assists? 

12 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Good luck @S4NCH0 it's always a more exciting challenge when the player is an Unknown to the Vibe world, lets hope you can unlock a GEM

Let me tell you he is indeed a gem. Problem is he gets injured too much.

11 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Good luck mate. Will be checking this out.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Good luck mate and I hope you have a better go at it then me. Looks like your career will be more interesting too, BTW are you going to train him to be as all-rounded as possible so you can move him around to get both goals and assists? 

I don’t know who is doing worse between you and me hahaha I believe it is me. International fixtures and specially injuries have lingered his development and number of appearances. Last season I played I couldn’t even get 25 games out of him

OMG those international fixtures! I hate them! It's not that just my main man doesn't get to play, it's that nearly my entire starting 11 doesn't get to play! Some days I only get to play 2 or 3 guys on my starting 11, other days it's so bad my second team is out too and I have to play greyed-out reserve players! 

Unfortunate that you're suffering from injuries like that, hopefully he isn't hard coded to be super injury-prone. One thing you've got going for you is that your guy is more well developed than mine when I started. Ah I remember the 15 year old boy with 6 aerials..... 

I've been unable to play much due to work but hopefully I'll be able to push out an update later today or tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

OMG those international fixtures! I hate them! It's not that just my main man doesn't get to play, it's that nearly my entire starting 11 doesn't get to play! Some days I only get to play 2 or 3 guys on my starting 11, other days it's so bad my second team is out too and I have to play greyed-out reserve players! 

Unfortunate that you're suffering from injuries like that, hopefully he isn't hard coded to be super injury-prone. One thing you've got going for you is that your guy is more well developed than mine when I started. Ah I remember the 15 year old boy with 6 aerials..... 

I've been unable to play much due to work but hopefully I'll be able to push out an update later today or tomorrow. 

Looking forward to it, the injuries have killed my guy. Last season I only got 15 goals out of him and 4 assists which is really sad. Hopefuly for the next season I play I can finally keep him healthy. 

This is going to be a quick update because I forgot to screenshot a lot of things. Sorry. Next time I will be uploading two seasons at the same time to repare my mistake. 

Season 1

As promised here is the update for the first season. I must say it is somewhat disappointing since I am not a very good manager. But I've tried my best. 

The man

First of all,let's see the man who we'll be following around in this career.

IMG_5317.thumb.PNG.9dcbbaffdd7d14620177f681977ec276.PNG

I believe he has the right stats in the right places (Shooting, Aerial, Pace) and can improve a lot in some necessary areas (Passing and Stamina). It should be no problem scoring around 150 goals with him (Worst case scenario he still has around 15 seasons on him and I would need only 10 goals per season). The problem will be the assists. Will I be able to take Haji to the next level and surpass Captain America Himself? Only time will tell.

His Price£4.5M

Transfers

I forgot to take a screenshot of the transfers as a whole but luckily enough I have the most important individual transfers captured in my phone. So only for this particular occasion I will detail each transfer.

IN

Spoiler

IMG_5346.thumb.PNG.e710d1a489369c335e215d946fda0620.PNG

Omar Gonzalez is transferred from Pachuca to become the experienced man in our defensive line until we develop some youngsters that can replace him. 

Price: £6.25M

IMG_5345.thumb.PNG.0f2780a1990e38b61248109d866d5b3c.PNG

William Yarbrough is bought from Club Leon. He is an American international and will bring in much-needed experience to our goalkeeper position. 

Price£4.4M

IMG_5347.thumb.PNG.ed872497c5296d687f34180c6b11b457.PNG

Erick Aguirre, also from Pachuca, is a huge bet for the future. His ability to play in more than one position and his youth must aid me in refreshing the team. In the future he might even represent a nice profit for the team.

Price£4.8M 

IMG_5348.thumb.PNG.24ec0953667988201a3635f631a3bc5e.PNG

Gedion Zelalem comes in a backup player from Arsenal. He is still young, and while his stats may not develop too much in the future, he could bring in some cash to our team.

Price£0

And after seeing the huge price tags on my signings you may be wondering: where did all that money come from? Well...

Out

No significant outgoing transfers were made. Except for this one.

Spoiler

IMG_5351.thumb.PNG.5d585359a030e32421ef98b1d1c83d34.PNG

Giovani dos Santos is sold for £15M to Nantes

This deal was made because he was running out of time in his contract and we didn't have the money to renew his contract, so when Nantes offered such numbers I didn't even hesitate. 

Quick Season review

US Cup

We were knocked early-on by Chicago Fire, all due to international matches taking most of our Starting XI players. It is this time of the year in which suddenly all my players start getting tons of caps.

IMG_5338.thumb.PNG.e8be588c05083dded62b1c12da919357.PNG

At least Wright got his goal.

MLS

We ended in the 4th position of our Conference and got a ticket for the Wild Card phase which we lost in a derby.IMG_5342.thumb.PNG.f14f2ea2328aae5e146e6cacc7167be8.PNG

It was a very exciting match and Wright got 2 goals to his name, so I am not really that disappointed. 

Mr. Wright's Stats

Now to the main event. How did Wright cope to his first season in the US?

IMG_5339.thumb.PNG.1d7fa38bc5140f8143c315e7edcb5d2c.PNGIMG_5341.thumb.PNG.9a4b1561baac72e9686a2f774a572f3a.PNG

As I said, injuries have been my biggest problems during this save. Still, with so many injuries, he managed some good performances.

IMG_5352.thumb.PNG.b179553ae2ae42ad921b93f1eaba7f2d.PNG

He scores 20 goals and gives 12 assists in only 24 games. Can't complain. This is him now by the way:

IMG_5350.thumb.PNG.157b7e2d95f8f982d90f8570d6c0c259.PNG

He seems to have become a really good player for the MLS, now let's pray for an injury-free season.

That's all from me in this occasion. Sorry for the rushed and incomplete update but I was very distracted and forgot to capture the best moments. I promise you will see some improvement in my posts in further threads.

Wright is developing into a good bet for this one and 20 from 24 is definitely a great return from his 1st season, especially considering the injuries.

Nice start! Great write-up too! Makes me kinda jealous, maybe I should start to add more details to my career too... 

Decent transfers in and I am kinda sad to see you sold Giovani. He made a decent AM for me, but i guess he didn't fit you system. 

Great showing from Wright there. While 20 goals may not be truly special on its own, those 12 assists together with the 20 goals sure is. 

Those are some pretty high numbers on your LAFC game i guess you're going overload? I used to go overload too but toned it down a little because it became harder to win games and consequently trophies. But overload/attacking is great for getting those much needed goals/assists. 

Honestly if this is how your writing looks like when it's rushed then I can't imagine how it'll look like when it's done properly. Looks like I'll have to up my writing game. 

Going to post season 2 right now, I haven't had the time nor the willingness to post this last days since I'm not really thriving over this career. I have had a lot of problems finding a good balanced tactic, either I score a lot of goals but loose it on the last minutes due to receiving a lot or I don't score and either tie or loose. 

Season 2

Transfers

Got some freebies from other MLS clubs, some will go directly in to the Starting XI, others are bets for the future.

IN

Spoiler

IMG_5353.thumb.PNG.5c474768457e03c5e8e6ef30d60ab54a.PNG

Must highlight the arrivals of Valeri Q. and Tyler Adams. The former is a Georgian player who will aim to be the mastermind behind our striker, he has a huge throne to fill after the departure of Giovani last season. As for Adams, he is a fantastic and polyvalent (he can play RB, CB, DM, CM) and he is still very young. The rest are just some reserves to fill in some positions were the squad lacked depth. 

OUT

Spoiler

IMG_5355.thumb.PNG.e96d7045f19e25f74f19fc02f86fff07.PNGIMG_5354.thumb.PNG.bb7d863890bee995cb7f23d8f454e440.PNG

IMG_5356.thumb.PNG.fcce0aa3d2ed011777143ec514349fa2.PNG

Most players were released because they were dead wood, ad for the rest they were sold to free the wage budget, get some space for the newbies and bring in some cash. Maybe the sale of Thomas Hillard wasn't completely necessary as he was a nice backup player, but he was unhappy so I preferred letting him go. 

The Trophies

Once again, no trophies for us. :( 

Us Cup
IMG_5359.thumb.PNG.8b2f0874a03c5568b2ce7f2e4f20a977.PNG 

Most my first team players were taken away for international fixtures, which meant I was left with reserves and youngsters left. Weirdly, Mexico had no INT fixtures so I had the opportunity of playing both Efrain Alvarez and Dos Santos "Dos" (jejej get it?), which was nice I guess. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and once again we flee this tournament after being raided by the national teams.

MLS 

I forgot to screenshot the final positions but we finished 4th in our Conference.  Which meant we had access to the Wild Card Phase against Portland Timbers.

And we made sure Portland knew who was the boss.

IMG_5360.thumb.PNG.1f384f4716fd89a804d11de8f1329b92.PNG

6 goals for Wright!!! What?!?!?! Was this a sign of bigger things to come? Seems like it wasn't...

IMG_5361.thumb.PNG.95bd2f18e00ef072a9f95e5fb57586a6.PNG

IMG_5362.thumb.PNG.0b95051e2df1fe07307840b243821e70.PNG

In the end, we were eliminated by SKC. But at least Wright got 2 more goals in the playoffs, which is nice.

Mr. Wright 

IMG_5363.thumb.PNG.6770773fb2587b9ad1f7a718bcdd7e80.PNG

We finished 2019 with a nice surprise, Wright was named Young American Footballer of the Year. But, were his stats worth the individual silverware?

IMG_5383.thumb.jpg.80a65caefabe79de165de198ae52240b.jpg

Seems like they were. He banged in 40 goals!!! Seems like finally he is breaking through. And to all of this, how is his profile looking?

IMG_5382.thumb.PNG.5af5eb79ed9e091a8393319ed4315100.PNG

No comments. Lovely player. :O

Conclusion

Compared with last season the individual performances sky rocketed. Team-wise we seem to be scoring too many goals, specially in the form of either late-goals or those bugging free-kicks. In general, there seems to have been some more positives than negatives in this season, but who knows what will the future bring us. 

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to leave a comment if you feel something is worth changing or improving, or also if you enjoyed. 

I will be pausing this career for a while (the updates until season 4 will be coming in before the end of the week) since I am testing some tactics in other saves in order to then implement it into the 5th season of this career. Any ways, thanks for your time!

IMG_5363.PNG

I like the fact that he's assisting less and scoring more. That's a sign that he's improving as a striker and that you're on the right track of getting a formation in which he's able to showcase his best skills. Looking good 👍