Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The OME Cup - Challenge 4 Results

FuddledFox

On 26/11/2018 at 03:49, Foxy said:

Poster.thumb.png.a10b41729a6adca3e45c5051038ead0e.png

Welcome to the first community event of the FMM19 cycle hosted by @Rob2017 and myself. We have some really fun challenges lined up and we hope you will all take part.

The OME Cup: Let’s Go Old Skool!

As the name suggests for the first time in a few years we are hosting an community event that will be played on the OME. I know we have a few members who still favour the OME such as @danovic78, @Woody and @URz  and hopefully a few more of you will dust off your old OME tactics and take a step back in time to take part.

This is an open to all event so sign up starts today. The proposed format of the competition depends on the numbers of people who sign up but the competition will not last more than 4 weeks and 4 challenges if you make the final. Our idea is that it will be a straight KO competition in an FA cup style but if we have more then 8 people sign up and less then 16 there will be a qualifying round to get the 8 we need for the quarter finals.

Competition Rules

If you want to sign up please take a minute to read the rules.

·        If you sign up please submit a score. We have taken time to plan and run this competition for everyone’s enjoyment and it is disrespectful to sign up then disappear. You will have around about 6 days to complete each challenge but even if you don’t finish the season still send what you have done as you never know what others have done.

·        Only play the challenges on the OME.

·        No unlockables. You need to play the challenges on a completely vanilla save with no unlockables, DLC or editors.

·        No cheating. How you play the game in your own private saves is your business but there can be no use of editors, reloading or cheating in anyway during this competition. If we suspect foul play you will be removed from the competition.

·        Have fun. The rules above are to ensure as fair a competition as possible and if we all follow them then this final rule will be easy.

If you wish to take part then let us know in the comments below.

The first challenge will be posted Friday 30th November in the evening UK time so you have until then to sign up.

Please sign me up mate

33 minutes ago, Jens said:

I'm currently mid-season. Will probably be finished by tomorrow evening. Going quite well so far.

You doing a 1KC?

3 minutes ago, Jens said:

Going by how many my striker is scoring, I might as well try it ;) 

That's the underdog role out the window.

11 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

That's the underdog role out the window.

I'm not Dutch anyway, so that was already a given ;) 

Did get shamefully knocked out of the cup tho, but even still: no defeats yet.

15 minutes ago, Foxy said:

All the scores are in so I should get the reveal done tonight.

As a little teaser I can reveal that one of you has been a real muppet this week.

😂😂 I can guess the error already! 

49 minutes ago, Jens said:

In Dutch we say: everything you say, you are yourself hé dutske

I think the person in question will hold there hands up and say they were a muppet.

38 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

😂😂 I can guess the error already! 

You might be surprised.

12 minutes ago, Woody said:

Me!!!😂😂😂😂😂

Shockingly it wasn't you mate 😂

All will be revealled tonight.

4 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Yay, can’t wait to see the results. 

Screw the results! I can’t wait to see who messed up! 😂

Challenge 1

Results

It's time to put all you lads out of there misery and reveal how you all got on but first just a recap on the challenge.

You all had the choice of managing either NYCFC or LA Galaxy and your job was to get as many goals form either David Villa or Zlatan whilst also buying two assisters who's ages alongside Zlatan or Villa's added up to 100 on the first day of the season. Another rule was that you could make no other transfers once your two assisters are signed, which neatly gets us to the.....

Related image

Unfortunately @Rob2017 realised he had broken the no transfers rule today when he was only a few games from the end of the season. This means that Rob will score a zero for this round but he will be able to continue in the competition as he was good enough to admit his mistake.

Now that is out the way lets get on with the scores.

@Rob2017 was the only one who went with Villa and NYCFC with everyone else opting for the west coast and sunny LA.

Zlatan Goals

Zlatan still has plenty of ability and you guys proved that by getting some good totals out of him and it was also very close between all 5 competitors.

Goal totals

@danovic78: 42 goals

@Woody: 42 goals

@Nucleus : 37 goals

@Kanegan: 36 goals

@Jens: 34 goals

This leaves it all to play for as only 8 points separate all 5 lads so far.

Assists 

This is where it can all change as we see a few different names being used.

Jens: Alejandro Guerra 20 assists + Diego Souza 13 assists = 33 assist points

Kanegan: Pablo Barrientos 10 assists + Shinji Okazaki 10 assists = 20 assist points

Nucleus: Fabian Johnson 18 assists + Ricardo Quaresma 22 assists = 40 assist points

Woody: Diego Souza 5 assists + Vieirinha 16 assists = 21 assist points

Danovic: Flavio Paixao 14 assists + Pablo Hernandez 17 assists = 31 assist points

So how does that all add up and what does the league table look like after week 1?

1347384543_leaguetablewk1.thumb.png.e5f0cd18ec8ef6bf8c6c84b211e2f84f.png

Nucleus takes an early lead with a 4 point win in this challenge. It was his assisters that made up and overtook the points totals of Danovic and Woody to take the challenge. There is still plenty to play for though with another 3 challenges to play and plenty of points to win.

Next Challenge: Rob will be posting challenge 2 on Friday.

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Out of interest how much would you have scored?

I’d have finished bottom either way. I ain’t going to lie - I utterly hate OME these days. It feels so regressive to me. 

7 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I’d have finished bottom either way. I ain’t going to lie - I utterly hate OME these days. It feels so regressive to me. 

I honestly felt like I hadn’t done that well, but then I didn’t look at the Assists until the end of the season and was basing my performance solely on Zlatans goals. I sort of agree with you in a sense, but I’ll admit I had a lot of fun playing on it once again! 😛

18 minutes ago, Woody said:

Gutted....if Souza hadn't of missed 4 months of the seadon through injury it might of been even closer.

@Rob2017 what ya like dude....well done @Nucleus a great start mate.

Cheers Woody, could have gone either way for anyone really, looking at those results anyway. A very close round